Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. DLC
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
      7. The Diamond Casino Heist
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

TheSantader25

The Red Dead Redemption 2 "Constructive Criticism" Thread

Recommended Posts

_jodielaura

If they’re gonna make animal spawns as rare as they have done with the moose, they could at least make the ones that do spawn 3 star pelts every time. 

I’ve spent 2 days doing nothing but looking for moose and I finally find one and it’s only 2 stars.  What’s the pooooint. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Richard Power Colt

Anyone else not a fan of the health upgrades? My Arthur is underweight and yet he feels like a tank right now having played a fair amount of hours. I actually liked it better in the beginning of the game when just a couple of bounty hunters were a legititimate threat if they caught me off guard. Some difficulty options would be nice. I guess I should switch off auto-aim, but aiming without it can feel a bit wonky.

 

Also speaking of the whole weight thing, I think it could really use some tuning. I tried to gain more weight at one point, but even getting up to average weight required me to eat a bunch of food while my cores were all full and it just feels like a waste.

Edited by Richard Power Colt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZOMars
5 minutes ago, Richard Power Colt said:

Anyone else not a fan of the health upgrades? My Arthur is underweight and yet he feels like a tank right now having played a fair amount of hours. I actually liked it better in the beginning of the game when just a couple of bounty hunters were a legititimate threat if they caught me off guard. Some difficulty options would be nice. I guess I should switch off auto-aim, but aiming without it can feel a bit wonky.

 

Also speaking of the whole weight thing, I think it could really use some tuning. I tried to gain more weight at one point, but even getting up to average weight required me to eat a bunch of food while my cores were all full and it just feels like a waste.

Im sure R* is gonna finetune the weight mechanics at some point. In sp, good method to gain that over/weight is after u have seriously gobbled just manually save and load your progress. Works better than sleeping after meal. 

Online it seems that there's problem with maintaining weight. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cbfactotum

Seems like Rockstar rushed to fix something that made the game more fun (the horses in St Denis spawn) than fixing anything that makes the game less fun(the weight system, guns disappearing from inventory) I don't know if they'll ever fix these things. Did they ever release that DLC for GTA V story mode or fix the stock market. Once the online mode launches for these games, story more seems to be forgotten. It's sad. Rockstar games used to be must haves, but more and more it seems like the story modes are just a framework for what is designed to be an online experience. I like Rdr2, and gtav, but compared to previous titles (GTA 3, 4, vice city, San Andreas, manhunt, table tennis, bully, rdr, red dead revolver) it seems like they've lost a little of what made the single player story great. Is Rdr2 a good game? Yes. But I think it falls short of the Rockstar benchmark it's predecessors set. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darealbandicoot

Arthur has a permanent overweight face yet I starved him so much he's underweight. Anyone else have an issue with Arthur having bright red cheeks and a double chin after being overweight once? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZOMars
8 minutes ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Arthur has a permanent overweight face yet I starved him so much he's underweight. Anyone else have an issue with Arthur having bright red cheeks and a double chin after being overweight once? 

Im gonna test this one now when im on my 2nd playthrough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Richard Power Colt

A lot of the "survival" mechanics in this game have just become more and more irrelevant the further I've got. Maintaining your weight is pretty pointless, cores are too easy to manage, hunting basically boils down to me chasing the animals on a horse then shooting them with dead eye, crafting is easy to forget about because you barely need it and so on. Would love to play a hardcore mode that makes all these mechanics more punishing. Resources could be a bit more scarce too and like I said before, health should be lower and same goes for the dead eye bar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
_jodielaura

I wouldn’t mind collectibles being at the top of steep hills if they gave Arthur any kind of balance whatsoever. I feel like he goes sliding down the SLIGHTEST hill. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jimbatron

Whoever at R* who came up with the Gambler challenge 8 to win blackjack drawing three cards three times needs a beating.

 

Its completely down to luck but the probability is very very low. And it forces you to play like a complete burk hitting on 19 and 20. And when you actually get 5 cards and don’t bust the dealer always beats it matches your score.

 

Whats even worse is the description is actually wrong. You must win with 5 cards. That’s not actually the same thing, because if you get a pair at the start you can split them. Drawing three cards and winning with a total of 4 for either hand doesn’t count.

 

Definitely the most annoying part of going for 100%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Satanta

Felt like I was playing Assassin's Creed tonoght.  Doing some Missions-got to 'Follow' one person and not lose sight of them but "OH!  Don't get too CLOSE!" or fail the mission.

 

Chase someone and the screen goes basically white from fog and "Oh you got too far!"

 

Then of course the GTA nonsens ]]which is why I stopped buying and playing GTA games]]  Chase this person who happens to have a horse/carriage/car/etc faster than yours which happens to be unavailable for the ten seconds they give you to find a new ride and chase them in a whitedout screen.

 

Rediculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
_jodielaura
21 hours ago, Jimbatron said:

Whoever at R* who came up with the Gambler challenge 8 to win blackjack drawing three cards three times needs a beating.

 

Its completely down to luck but the probability is very very low. And it forces you to play like a complete burk hitting on 19 and 20. And when you actually get 5 cards and don’t bust the dealer always beats it matches your score.

 

Whats even worse is the description is actually wrong. You must win with 5 cards. That’s not actually the same thing, because if you get a pair at the start you can split them. Drawing three cards and winning with a total of 4 for either hand doesn’t count.

 

Definitely the most annoying part of going for 100%.

I’m still on the one trying to bust players out on poker lmao I suck at poker so I’m just going all in everytime and hoping to wing it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lbirito

So i like the cigars. Should add slow burning ones for higher rank. So i can fight it out cigar in mouth smoke cloud bellowing. Then i need a single strand of weat and a good one peace straw hat. We need tabacco chew too. Long lasting so i can spit on the road every now and then.

I really want to see the animation stick for a long time. So i can look bad ass while whoopin ass you feel me. Gotta stay in character.

 

I was hoping the union suit could be worn with out pants. Which also leads me to butt flap seems a must. Any way ill continue to share thoughts. Loving it dudes keep up the good work.

 

Im so tired of this stupid horse showing up. I got 2 ok horses now. Please let me set more then one as my active. Maybe have a back up setting. Smh i want to take this horse of the side of a mountain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
_jodielaura

I can’t deal with how f*cking inconsistent this game is sometimes. 

If I shoot a guy in the arm and he drops his gun, how the F*CK is that NOT a disarm??????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wildey475

I got the Warhorse from the preorder pack. Loaded in today and my gray female Warhorse has been replaced with a brown male Standard. Nice job R*!

 

Also I noticed that I was underweight so I ate everything I had and I am still underweight. I ate 3 cans of almost everything in the game, except salmon I think, plus I had 5 of each kind of meat that the preorder gave me and nothing. Still says I am underweight.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IceD34ler
On 12/2/2018 at 2:00 PM, Richard Power Colt said:

A lot of the "survival" mechanics in this game have just become more and more irrelevant the further I've got. Maintaining your weight is pretty pointless, cores are too easy to manage, hunting basically boils down to me chasing the animals on a horse then shooting them with dead eye, crafting is easy to forget about because you barely need it and so on. Would love to play a hardcore mode that makes all these mechanics more punishing. Resources could be a bit more scarce too and like I said before, health should be lower and same goes for the dead eye bar.

Also those decoys are rather pointless imho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Liam

Dear Arthur Morgan,

 

Unload the gun before you clean it, and keep your damn finger OFF the trigger until ready to shoot!

 

 .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wildey475
9 hours ago, Will Liam said:

Dear Arthur Morgan,

 

Unload the gun before you clean it, and keep your damn finger OFF the trigger until ready to shoot!

 

 

Rubbing a gun isn't cleaning either Aurthur.

 

Edited by Wildey475

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
_jodielaura

My horse just died from ONE enemy punch to the head. Rly. Is that how horses work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Liam
10 hours ago, xjodielaura said:

My horse just died from ONE enemy punch to the head. Rly. Is that how horses work?

Witness: Animal Cruelty. Investigating . . .

Description for Moose is wrong. Moose is herbivore, not omnivore.

This forum software sucks.  That was a new post, not an addition to the previous reply.  Also, there is no obvious way to edit posts to correct errors in spellink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Richard Power Colt
16 hours ago, xjodielaura said:

My horse just died from ONE enemy punch to the head. Rly. Is that how horses work?

 

Edited by Richard Power Colt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coranub

Why cant we skin humans in RDR 2? Like the skinner brothers and Ed Gein. Imagine sowing a coat from the skin of your enemies, making bowls or other things from their bones to sell. 🤠

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Liam

Decomposition of animals is inconsistent and skewed. The rate of decomposition should be consistent everywhere, or for realism, slower in colder areas than in warmer areas.

I killed four or five birds and a bystander (oops), just south of Prinz & Co. and then fled on horseback to Emerald Station and paid off the bounty. Then I rode a train to Saint Denis and returned to Prinz & Co on horseback, and still picked up/plucked/skinned all of the birds. However when I killed a 3-star Buck in the snow beside Cairn Lake, skinned it and stored the skin on my horse a few feet away, the carcass had already decomposed when returned the few feet to collect it.

 

In addition, sometimes a bird or small animal killed from horseback will have decomposed in the time it takes to dismount and run to the carcass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
_jodielaura

i am so sick of hearing these f*cking Lemoyne Raiders looting bodies now. These guys and the blind man (who I can’t even give money for some reason) are literally the only encounters I ever get. 

I’ve been playing for 2 hours and I’ve had the LR one THREE times. So boring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Liam

# Story & Online #
There is too much Fog and too many Dust Storms, half as the current amount would be more than enough, and why are there DUST STORMS in the Wetlands near Saint Denis?

Why am I unable to whistle for my horse sometimes when though I can see it?

 

# Online Only#
Why is my Camp shown in my Satchel menu when it only works in the Weapons/Items/Horse menu?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SneakyDeaky

Why the hell is hair tonic in the provisions section and not the tonics section!? All my other TONICS are in the TONICS section, so why the f*ck is the hair TONIC not!? Do you know how many times I've gone to the TONICS section in my inventory to find my hair tonics? Do you wanna know how stupid I am? About 100 levels of stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
_jodielaura
6 hours ago, SneakyDeaky said:

Why the hell is hair tonic in the provisions section and not the tonics section!? All my other TONICS are in the TONICS section, so why the f*ck is the hair TONIC not!? Do you know how many times I've gone to the TONICS section in my inventory to find my hair tonics? Do you wanna know how stupid I am? About 100 levels of stupid.

I use it from my satchel where it’s in “kit” lmao so confusing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Richard Power Colt

One thing I hate is how the game constantly keeps unequipping my two-handed weapons. This is the kind of QOL change you'd think they would just change with a patch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
~INDIO~

Dutch kills the old woman in Guarma but leaves his gold with her🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cutter De Blanc
6 hours ago, Richard Power Colt said:

One thing I hate is how the game constantly keeps unequipping my two-handed weapons. This is the kind of QOL change you'd think they would just change with a patch.

The guns don't do this online

 

Seems to be a feature designed to piss off the player

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.