4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

TheSantader25

The Red Dead Redemption 2 "Constructive Criticism" Thread

Mafia Assassin®
5 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

There sort of a photo mode at a specific point in the game.

Ok, I think I got it.

Xerukal
22 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

The Editor in V worked by dynamically capturing everything that was around you like AI, script, etc and saving it to a file so it could reproduce it later. I'm thinking they couldn't do that this time around. Maybe we'll get the Editor later down the line.

I'm gonna say PC version, like last time. Maybe like a reworked Editor that gets patched in later.

Edited by Xerukal

Ol' Stinky Pete
20 minutes ago, Mafia Assassin® said:

There's no photo mode either?

Yeah. I believe it's a "selfie mode". 

Not proper photo mode. 

Hopefully will be implemented in the future. They did that with Shadow of Mordor iirc. 

I live in hope :/

RedDagger

I've hidden a few more posts, so this bears repeating: this topic is for complaining about the game. If you've come here and are annoyed that people are complaining about the game, congratulations, don't post about it here. If you're here to praise the game in the face of all those dirty whiners, again, congratulations, don't post about it here. 

Timcatgt5

My only complaint is that the game has yet to announce a PC version.

Other than that the game looks fantastic and I'm looking forward to the feedback received here. Might buy the game full price and have a try when it's released on that platform. 

DangerZ0neX

Look, they won't announce a PC version any time soon, but we know it's coming. They want the desperate PC players to give in and buy it on consoles and then reveal that it's a switchroo.

They'll take their time raking in the console sales, profit off of RDO's buffalo cards, release a unicorn that fires disintegrating lasers from its horn, and then announce a PC version a couple of years later and go "look at them pretty graphics, not like those plebian consoles you just played on, right?" so they can secure at least a second sale from the fooled PC players.

They've done it with GTA V, and they'll do it again.

Xerukal

I dunno about years, but yeah, that sounds about right otherwise.

Bleep%

Gut is saying SinglePlayer is bare bones, Online is fully fleshed out & Customisation Microtransactions out the wazoo like ESO. 

Example

PayWall.png

Micro-Whore-Options.png

The Purple Ticks are what's Default available in ESO the Rest is stuck behind a Microtransactions Paywall. Think what EA does with SP. That is what R* are doing with SP instead the other options will be behind a Microtransactions Paywall Online. 

Make SP content minimal with customisation of Clothes, Weapons & Camp entice by going online for full experience for a Microtransactions price.

Also snowball effect Microtransactions. When you Add Pay to Win options such as all the things you get for pre-order for Online creates a snowball effect. 

This is how it works. 

Pre-Orders get pay to win content. R* Release slightly better content after awhile to rival the Pre-Order bonuses, now the pre-order bonuses are obsolete so people purchases better gear to revival those who paid to revival them & the cycle continues Meanwhile R* Drip feed more content like in GTAO till it all goes to sh*t. 

Example The Diamond is pre-order Bonus, The first Sword Drawn is R* releasing better gear & the second sword is R* releasing better gear than that & so on.

That's How Companies use War to profit . In-Game & IRL. Feed the need, fund both sides as they kill each other Companies Profit. Except R* are feeding the Snowball effect while putting Bank in the shareholders pocket. You're the Guinea Pig (Dan Houser said himself Gamers are categorised as Whales & Dolphins based on spending.) Meanwhile the cost of this is the Quality of Gaming. R* GTAO While profitable dug into its reputation. Greed may feed but it will cost more than money in the end. Now R* are going to do it with RDRO. 

Can't say didn't warn ya. In Six months to a Year it will be evident. 

You bet your ass it's going to be GTAO all over again.

Also gut is saying R* shifting Red Dead to  fully Online what ESO is to the Elderscrolls series. Like I said, Greed Feeds but it costs more than what money can buy in the end. 

658.png

Edward Nashton

If Rockstar actually left the Online only items and abilities visible in the menus for the single player, then they're dumber than I thought they were. The smart thing to do was to keep those things hidden, at least until RDO launches, WTF they're just rubbing it in our faces now lol.

If this is true, we'll hear about it in a few hours. I'll keep repeating myself, I'm not giving these guys a single dime, I'll buy it used, maybe, but if it's just a hollow husk of a game with the real content locked away in the multiplayer, I'll just watch the story on Youtube. I have a considerable backlog on my PS4 and I'd rather finish that up than tickle Rockstar's balls. 

Edited by Edward Nashton

O.Z
3 minutes ago, Edward Nashton said:

If Rockstar actually left the Online only items and abilities visible in the menus for the single player, then they're dumber than I thought they were. The smart thing to do was to keep those things hidden, at least until RDO launches, WTF they're just rubbing it in our faces now lol.

If this is true, we'll hear about it in a few hours. I'll keep repeating myself, I'm not giving these guys a single dime, I'll buy it used, maybe, but if it's just a hollow husk of a game with the real content locked away in the multiplayer, I'll just watch the story on Youtube. I have a considerable backlog on my PS4 and I'd rather finish that up than tickle Rockstar's balls. 

Come on man, don't be stupid, this game is once in a generation(decade), so what, that most of the customisation is only in online, you can still enjoy the game, same goes to GTAV, I have been playing it ever since it was released - and single player only here, I hate online as well... you can still have fun without all the different customisation options. Just my 2 cents

Flannelmagic1

So the only way to get these items is to buy them online? I actually don't mind microtransactions as much as the average person, but why lock it to online mode only? 

O.Z
4 minutes ago, Flannelmagic1 said:

So the only way to get these items is to buy them online? I actually don't mind microtransactions as much as the average person, but why lock it to online mode only? 

To make money of course...

t-p-d-a

the boss called me.. I must work from 26th until 30th... late service

so no RDR2 for me :-(

late service

l

Edward Nashton
1 hour ago, O.Z said:

Come on man, don't be stupid, this game is once in a generation(decade), so what, that most of the customisation is only in online, you can still enjoy the game, same goes to GTAV, I have been playing it ever since it was released - and single player only here, I hate online as well... you can still have fun without all the different customisation options. Just my 2 cents

Well, like I said, if the multiplayer exclusivity isn’t too bad, I’ll buy it used later on, because f*ck R* for even doing that, and f*ck them for what they did to GTA V. If it’s really bad, I won’t get it at all because I don’t like it when single player content is sacrificed for multiplayer and I don’t buy things I don’t like. More importantly, I don’t waste my time on things I don’t like.

I’ve been off the Rockstar kool-aid for a while now, I don’t give a damn if it’s been eight years since the last Red Dead - we’re dealing with a post-GTAO Rockstar, I trust them about as far as I can throw them.

Spider-Vice

I don't know what everynioe's talking about, NOTHING in SP is locked to Online and the customisation options are actually quite extensive.

Also, don't bitch about spoilers here or you're gonna be banned.

Lock n' Stock

So far, the ONLY thing I'd complain about is how on-foot movement feels a bit limited at times (like not being able to run or sprint at camps). A very, VERY minor complaint in a game that's otherwise living up to my expectations and then some.

One thing that I notice even though I did not try EVERYWHERE, it seem you can't sit anywhere except in your camp? is that actually the case?

TheSantader25

So the only complaint I have so far is about cooking stuff with fire. It's a bit slow and boring. They could've made it a minigame or quicker. 

woggleman

I haven't played it but I bought the strategy guide and there are way more than three pistols. I counted about 6 or 7. This will be the longest workday ever.

TargetTango

Police start f*cking shooting you for nothing.

Non-violent crimes? They shoot you.

Someone starts shooting you and you shoot back in self defense. The cops shoot you.

The sheriff AI is just moronic and they only know how to shoot you for anything.

RashFaustinho
28 minutes ago, TargetTango said:

Police start f*cking shooting you for nothing.

Non-violent crimes? They shoot you.

Someone starts shooting you and you shoot back in self defense. The cops shoot you.

The sheriff AI is just moronic and they only know how to shoot you for anything.

I'm having GTA 5 cops flashbacks

elfoam

As one of the millions that refuse to buy this out of principle I'm going to LOVE reading this thread as the players slowly come to realise where this game is going. :p

16 hours ago, Timcatgt5 said:

My only complaint is that the game has yet to announce a PC version.

Other than that the game looks fantastic and I'm looking forward to the feedback received here. Might buy the game full price and have a try when it's released on that platform. 

The PS4 is a PC the Xbox is a PC, the game is natively coded on a PC.. There's nothing more certain in your life than it being released on PC. But you have to wait for them milk the consoles first.

SAS_Intruder
1 hour ago, woggleman said:

I haven't played it but I bought the strategy guide and there are way more than three pistols. I counted about 6 or 7. This will be the longest workday ever.

So far I counted 4 revolvers and 2 semi automatic pistols. Pathetic if you ask me and one of my biggest complaints so far. 

Other complaints would be: not so great graphics from time to time, noticeable drop in performance occasionally , weird camera work and on foot movement is buggy sometimes. 

Doodling Hitman
19 minutes ago, SAS_Intruder said:

So far I counted 4 revolvers and 2 semi automatic pistols. Pathetic if you ask me and one of my biggest complaints so far. 

Other complaints would be: not so great graphics from time to time, noticeable drop in performance occasionally , weird camera work and on foot movement is buggy sometimes. 

What system you play it on and what kind of screen/monitor?

Mike R.L.

Well I've only a few complaints so far. its a shame there is no Iron Sights, and I can't brush my horse at all which is annoying? and I don't have any stable indicators on my map... carry on with missions or? I would of thought I'd be able to see which stables I can go to by now.

burritos
12 minutes ago, Mike R.L. said:

Well I've only a few complaints so far. its a shame there is no Iron Sights, and I can't brush my horse at all which is annoying? and I don't have any stable indicators on my map... carry on with missions or? I would of thought I'd be able to see which stables I can go to by now.

Tap dpad down for ironsights 

Mike R.L.
1 minute ago, burritos said:

Tap dpad down for ironsights 

Good tip thank you, bit of a weird place to have it! 

Edward Nashton

Down on the dpad for iron sights, huh. That is pretty damn strange, are the controls not similar to RDR 1 then?

Mike R.L.
41 minutes ago, Edward Nashton said:

Down on the dpad for iron sights, huh. That is pretty damn strange, are the controls not similar to RDR 1 then?

yes and no. it can feel quite Clunky til you get used to it, the basic controls are the same

OurJud

Only 14 posts since last night and the niggles are already trickling in.

I'll definitely be waiting a while before I buy this - and not just so it comes down in price. Fallout 4 will tide me over nicely.

[ETA] Oops! This is the B&M thread. I thought it was the appreciation/reaction thread - which was a little worrying.

Edited by OurJud