2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

TheSantader25

The Red Dead Redemption 2 "Constructive Criticism" Thread

The Algerian
3 minutes ago, wagszilla said:

Then patch it to only be on big stakes chip scenarios 

No thanks.

They should make an optional setting to skip past pretty much everything, from chip dealing to skinning and the rest.

But it should be nothing more than an option, that way you impatient lot can enjoy the game without ruining our fun.

Mach1bud

I keep forgetting to grab a gun off of my horse. Not the games fault, I'm just an idiot. 

TheSantader25
6 minutes ago, jdv95 said:

i may be wrong but in the total progression tap it says that there are only 5 bounties to hunt down.

seems to be a very small amount no?

same with chance encounters aka random events,only in chapter 2 and i already have done almost half of them.

are these numbers just a goal you have to beat and there are actually more of them?

Probably just a goal but I can't confirm it. 

Remember GTA V had 60 Random Events but only 14 were needed for completion. 

SonOfLiberty

If you look on Social Club it details everythjing you need to complete and it only mentions 5 bounties and 25 chance encounters. 

The Algerian
4 minutes ago, Mach1bud said:

I keep forgetting to grab a gun off of my horse. Not the games fault, I'm just an idiot. 

- Climb onto the wagon, Arhur.

- Ok... Wait I forgot my rif...!

- We're leaving!

Edited by The Algerian

TheSantader25
7 minutes ago, Miamivicecity said:

If you look on Social Club it details everythjing you need to complete and it only mentions 5 bounties and 25 chance encounters. 

Well you said it, Everything you NEED to complete. Not everything you can complete. But once again I find it weird if that's "all"  we have based on Rockstar's history. Only time will tell. 

Mach1bud
18 minutes ago, jdv95 said:

i may be wrong but in the total progression tap it says that there are only 5 bounties to hunt down.

seems to be a very small amount no?

same with chance encounters aka random events,only in chapter 2 and i already have done almost half of them.

are these numbers just a goal you have to beat and there are actually more of them?

There are 10 bounties total. Looks like they unlock as you progress the story cause some are in New Austin. 

Essentially they are just missions that are triggered by the wanted poster, they aren't really a side activity like RDR1.

Edited by Mach1bud
That's from the strategy guide.

SmokesWithCigs
18 hours ago, SmokesWithCigs said:

He bought an ancient Chinese bullshark potion from the immigrants working on the railroad. That's why he's so invincible

I see what the problem is. That event is scripted, the game wants you to fist fight him looks like some situations lack open ended gameplay. That's not red dead redemption like. Still look forward to playing it tbough.

jdv95

so anyone know where to find the double action revolver and stone hatchet from gta online in this game?

i thought that since it was a cross game unlock,you would be able to get it in the first gunshop (valentine) but it does not seem to be in the store's catalogue.

either that or i'm just to fast at browsing the book.

TheSantader25
2 minutes ago, jdv95 said:

so anyone know where to find the double action revolver and stone hatchet from gta online in this game?

i thought that since it was a cross game unlock,you would be able to get it in the first gunshop (valentine) but it does not seem to be in the store's catalogue.

either that or i'm just to fast at browsing the book.

Big Molio

Slightest accidental bump into somebody on the horse and next thing you know you're up for unarmed assault. It's as if the #metoo movement moved into New Hanover.

woggleman

This is a slight complaint on an otherwise incredible game but taking a bath shouldn't be that complex.

Peckinpah

So, I'm pretty much loving this game, totally immersed right into it. I too noticed that about the bounties, gotta admit, really disappointed if it really only is 5-10 in total. I understand they have gone over and above for each of the bounty missions making them each a storyline but honestly, I would have been happy if they also gave us those generic ones along with them. 

I get the impression, and I could be wrong, but I feel that they are going to give us waaaay more online and that worries me. The clothing variety is a bit rubbish too, I'm only on chapter 3 though, so hoping once I get to New Austin there will be more clothes unlocked at stores.

And another thing, I can't roll my sleeves or unbutton my shirt, what's the deal with that?

Jason
14 minutes ago, woggleman said:

This is a slight complaint on an otherwise incredible game but taking a bath shouldn't be that complex.

Do you mean the minigame? I'm not even sure you need to do it tbh, I think it's just there for extra immersion.

woggleman
3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Do you mean the minigame? I'm not even sure you need to do it tbh, I think it's just there for extra immersion.

So you don't have to do all that to get clean? If so that is good to hear. 

Slonitram
1 hour ago, TheSantader25 said:

Didn't pop up in my inventory whatsoever. Look at the comments, there's plenty of people reporting they didn't get them. 

Classic Rockstar.

Merle Travis

I hate that you can't mount certain horses, like horses of camp members. The option is greyed out, "you cant mount this horse". WHAT? Thats just stupid.

jdv95
14 minutes ago, TheSadisticOwl said:

Didn't pop up in my inventory whatsoever. Look at the comments, there's plenty of people reporting they didn't get them. 

Classic Rockstar.

don't scroll to far in the comments,there is a troll that spoiled the ending !!!!

Slonitram

What f*cking moron thought that it'd be a good idea to have NPCs start shooting at you for slamming into their horse with yours? I'd get they be mad, but not mad enough to the point of take it as a threat to their life instead of an accident. And of course, shooting them back in self defense makes me lose honour like I'm the bad guy. f*ck off.

jdv95
4 minutes ago, TheSadisticOwl said:

What f*cking moron thought that it'd be a good idea to have NPCs start shooting at you for slamming into their horse with yours? I'd get they be mad, but not mad enough to the point of take it as a threat to their life instead of an accident. And of course, shooting them back in self defense makes me lose honour like I'm the bad guy. f*ck off.

yeah i don't get the honour/bounty system that well either.

yesterday i got in a barfight with some drunk who started the fight,after a while an NPC came in to HELP ME,that NPC kills the drunk,and i loot the body and move it to some other place  and i get a witness for that?

for some reason i did not get a bounty but still weird that the witness would report me,especially if he was in the saloon during the fight seeing that it was not me who started it and killed the drunk.

Edited by jdv95

Semaj 2JZ♢

Apparently stumbling over a damn dog in the street is grounds for criminal activity...like, what? "Officer, this guys horse kicked my dog, even tho my dog totally just ran up to him barking his head off, ARREST HIM!" It didn't even kill him and it was an accident. Tell your stupid dog to not run up to horse's feet. 😕

Everybody's so damn sensitive.

DangerZ0neX
13 hours ago, MooseBoyT said:

Sure - it's a horrible thing, but...

You have to be a real piece of sh*t to try justifying rape. f*ck off.

Jammsbro

I really wanted to like this but I am really struggling.

It really is very boring to play. I haven't actually been excited once so far.

The graphics aren't that great, i suppose Horizon spoiled everything but i really thought this would be a big step up. But no, just looks like GTA style stuff, years later.

ThiefT
27 minutes ago, Semaj 2JZ♢ said:

Everybody's so damn sensitive.

Haha, Social Justice Warriors of 1899.

But agreed - every minor accidental action has quite extreme repercussions which drains the wallet (bounty pay offs).

TheSantader25

I'm off this thread for a while. Thankfully didn't see the spoiler. I'm gonna finish the f*cking game. This way I know which of these complaints is real or not and won't get spoiled. I'm off now. 

Typhus

Really loving the game, but the only thing I can complain about is how linear some of the missions are.

Let's say you're looking for a bounty target, you're stalking him to a cave by a ravine, you see him sitting there. You can't just lasso him, or snipe him from the darkness, you have to go through this whole mission rather than the game trusting you to hunt these people down yourselves.

There was one such instance where I was forced to duel a character. I shot the gun out of his hand, but he came at me with a knife. So I tackled him to the ground and let him go, but he still attacked me. I lassoed him, to try and spare him, but he literally cut himself free and began attacking me. There was literally no way to spare the guy.

So when I reloaded, and saw him waiting by a fence, I tried just shooting him in the head. Nope, you have to go through the mission, even though it ends with him dead anyway.

I dunno, I was just hoping for some agency being put in the player's hands a bit more I guess.

Display Name

If you like shooting things and big explosions, then games from Rockstar are not made with you in mind. They are about interacting with the world, where shootouts always feel like additional element, instead of being a foundation of the whole gameplay. It has always been like that, ever since original GTA came out.

Horizon might have better graphics, but other things like AI and physics are worse. It is really complicated topic, but simply put: you can't have everything to be perfect, because the performance would tank. In case of RDR2 it sacrifices graphical fidelity for complex AI, having many NPCs with detailed animations in one scene and physics that are better than in any other game.

Edited by Display Name

ThiefT

Fun is incredibly subjective.

Graphics wise, it's a huge step-up from GTA. If you look at the Digital Foundry analysis you'll see the RAGE engine refinements with upgraded Euphoria animations. Of course you'll see similarities between the two games.. I'll admit I did have a 'washed out' look with HDR but turning that feature off fixed it for me.

Perhaps you set your expectations too high? 

Also, Horizon doesn't implement half the graphical features seen here, both are impressive but hardly a fair comparison.

Edited by ThiefT

Judicious 7

There’s a profanity filter again. In a M rated game. 

Also, I knew this game wasn’t all that.

Big Molio

I can't say that plotting a waypoint and then putting the view into 'cinematic mode auto pilot' so that I can go and make another cup of tea whilst Arthur and his horse go to a destination 300 miles away is the gaming experience I quite had in mind.