4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

TheSantader25

The Red Dead Redemption 2 "Constructive Criticism" Thread

Darealbandicoot
14 minutes ago, O.Z said:

While not nearly as bad as in GTA V, the wanted system is still flawed.

Like you say, even up in the grizzles and middle of nowhere, the offended cowboy gets to the lawman in a matter of seconds, like really?! Breaks the immersion...

Also, telling an unarmed witness to stop while firing warning shots STILL makes them not want to stop and still want to tattle on you for standing next to them even if it means their own death? Also DISTURBING THE PEACE is bullsh*t. If someone is shooting at me with an intention to kill, why am I punished for disarming and knocking them out? 

anthony
Posted (edited)

I don't know what happened with the wanted system but some area of it clearly need to be edited.

Almost criminal to have things like *witnesses reporting you in a few second even if far from a town* in a lifelike game.

Edited by anthony

éX-Driver

I’ve noticed all the guns seem to use smokeless powder. [which contrary to the name isn’t usually completely smokeless, just much reduced smoke]

It makes sense for things like the Borchardt and Mauser pistols, because smokeless powder was designed specifically for weapons like that because traditional black powder would foul the mechanisms out extremely quickly otherwise. But it makes no sense for things like the Spencer and Henry rifles to use it. Simply too old, and smokeless has too much oomph and would damage them. 

It’s not like the game can’t handle heavy dynamic smoke, one only has to look at the train’s smoke to see that. Not even in online which would require lots of processing power to handle it should require reduced smoke, Gran Turismo 6 on previous gen consoles could handle far more tyre smoke in online races. Wonder why they decided to have so little smoke.

Wildey475
Posted (edited)

Literally just happened... Arrived in Valentine on East side. Come guy lipped me about not starting stuff so I lipped him back he pulled a gun on me so I ran at him and tackled him. We started fist fighting and I get an Unarmed Assault wanted level. I run across town to the West by the Movie Tent and another guy lips me so I lip him back he attacks me and somehow that is okay. My stopping a guy from shooting me is against the law, some guy trying to knock my head off is okay.

Also why do we get so much ammo? A pistol belt holds about 48 rounds. If you want to double that to 96 fine. I mean we have 4 different kinds of ammo (not including HE). So why do I need 400 rounds of each? I have yet to have a gun battle where I use more than 50 bullets. Plus I have 2 long arms (a rifle and shotgun usually) so I have 200 rounds of rifle and 90 rounds of shotgun ammo as well as 4 ammo classes for rifles and 2 for shotguns. That is 1600 rounds of pistol ammo, 800 rounds of rifle ammo and 180 rounds of shotgun ammo. I'm pretty sure that is WAY too much to carry. And is rendered pointless since you constantly pick up ammo off bodies, and in any enemy camp. Why do video games always make sure you never have to struggle to find ammo or risk dying?

Edited by Wildey475

anthony
Posted (edited)

Nothing more immersion and lore breaking than a witness reporting a murder in the wilderness near Van Horn in like 15 seconds to I don't know who, a few seconds later while I rode away, 5/6 lawman are arriving out of thin air, they spot me and start shooting at me.

They chase me to Van Horn, I ran on foot and they killed me.

Edited by anthony

American Venom
On 1/1/2019 at 6:43 AM, Dealux said:

John not being able to swim is dumb as hell. I get that they're trying to explain why John couldn't swim in the first game but give me a f*cking break.

It's not like swimming is really that crucial in this game and it's probably one of the reasons they let horses swim so in those rare moments John does need to traverse through water there's still an alternative rather than him dying like he's fallen into acid like Red Dead Redemption.

It could be karma for not allowing him to swim originally, but to be fair R* most likely thought they'd never use John again in another game. I like how Arthur makes fun of John for not being able to swim because it feels like the dev team realised they screwed up and just went with it to take the piss out of themselves.

O.Z
3 hours ago, Miamivicecity said:

It's not like swimming is really that crucial in this game and it's probably one of the reasons they let horses swim so in those rare moments John does need to traverse through water there's still an alternative rather than him dying like he's fallen into acid like Red Dead Redemption.

It could be karma for not allowing him to swim originally, but to be fair R* most likely thought they'd never use John again in another game. I like how Arthur makes fun of John for not being able to swim because it feels like the dev team realised they screwed up and just went with it to take the piss out of themselves.

Someone mentiond awhile back that there is a mission where you go into a deep water as Arthur and the NPC version of John follows him and swims.

lol... that is an epic fail on Rockstar’s part, if you asked me. 

It still annoys the hell out of me that John can’t swim... :(

DEALUX
4 hours ago, Miamivicecity said:

I played the game to 100% completion and I could tell you that there are moments when I wish he were able to swim. Like when you accidentally slip and fall into water. Good f*cking luck because we decided to arbitrarily remove this ability from the game.

Darealbandicoot
1 hour ago, O.Z said:

Someone mentiond awhile back that there is a mission where you go into a deep water as Arthur and the NPC version of John follows him and swims.

lol... that is an epic fail on Rockstar’s part, if you asked me. 

It still annoys the hell out of me that John can’t swim... :(

It was me lol I just experimented during Angelo Bronte a man of honour. He swims longer and better than Arthur even which I find hilarious. 

O.Z
34 minutes ago, Darealbandicoot said:

It was me lol I just experimented during Angelo Bronte a man of honour. He swims longer and better than Arthur even which I find hilarious. 

Oh was it, well spotted!!

Darealbandicoot
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, O.Z said:

Oh was it, well spotted!!

It was completely by accident. I noticed while going back to Bronte's Manor that John was following me, so I took him to the Lake to see what would happen. He followed me to the middle of the lake on horseback and dismounted when I dismounted and could swim with no problem at all. I just burst out laughing saying to myself " Motherf*cker, I thought you couldn't swim" Then I took him out in the waters of Saint Denis to see how long he can last without drowning. Arthur drowned swimming back to shore while John kept swimming merrily. 

Edited by Darealbandicoot

TheSantader25
Posted (edited)

John is a liar. He lies to everyone and even himself that he can't swim. 

Edited by TheSantader25

DJCHRISRECTOR

(Note I've played GTA Online sense Nov 1st 2013)Rank 950

I was Excited for RDR2 and online But honestly, it's not happening. I haven't played in 3 weeks!!!

I don't think I'm alone. This is not the only video on this topic.

Yeah...so....How are those GTA6 Rumors going?:sarcasm:

Urban Legends
Posted (edited)

I've always felt RDR online was a failure since its inception. Its just too ridiculous..the single player is so in depth it makes online seem crazy. 2 to 4player is enough like maybe some old school n64 games. 

Personally havent played online but Im all ears to hear about the things you did enjoy? Thanks for your response.

Edited by Urban Legends

Tonesta

Don't know if there's much truth to this, or if it's trolling.....

......but as someone who loves Rockstar SP games but couldn't care less about online, this would be great news. Get all those developers off of RDRO, and onto Bully 2 or GTA6 or whatever else comes next as soon as possible!

Cutter De Blanc

This really just seems to be some guys wishlist about what he wants in RDRO, not gonna sit through several minutes of this

Satanta

Online looked ok from the vids I've seen but have not played.  I thought it was still in Beta?

Richard Power Colt
Posted (edited)

I've yet to even finish the singleplayer and haven't touched online at all since none of my friends are on PS4. I've been playing some other games and while RDR 2 is a really well made game, it hasn't really got me hooked for some reason. I appreciate the story and immersion, but maybe the gameplay just feels too much like the same old thing I've been doing in past R* games at least as far as the missions go. It doesn't help that the gunplay actually feels pretty clunky, I swear it was easier to use free aim in the first Red Dead. In this game I kinda have to resort to auto-aim, because I can barely hit anything without it on a controller.

Edited by Richard Power Colt

xjodielaura
On 1/4/2019 at 2:27 AM, Wildey475 said:

So I gave up on trying to find Cougars after 5 game days and about 4 hours real time 

The best place is the little road near the trapper at the very left of the map (under where the W is in West Elizabeth) the cougar usually spawns among the trees near the little stream. 

Have your minimap on “expanded” so it’s easier to spot the red dot and just ride backwards and forwards along the road with your horse. People have said they spawn in the morning but I got them all times of the day. One shot to the head with a bolt rifle should give you a perfect pelt. 

I’d recommend saving first so if a 2 star one spawns, you can just reload or sleep until a 3 star one spawns. 

Now for my query: I’m in chapter 6 at the start (I think I’ve done like, 2 missions) and all general stores and doctors are locked? Is this part of the story or is my game messed up? I’ve tried googling and I can’t find anything about it 

Wildey475
19 hours ago, xjodielaura said:

The best place is the little road near the trapper at the very left of the map (under where the W is in West Elizabeth) the cougar usually spawns among the trees near the little stream. 

Have your minimap on “expanded” so it’s easier to spot the red dot and just ride backwards and forwards along the road with your horse. People have said they spawn in the morning but I got them all times of the day. One shot to the head with a bolt rifle should give you a perfect pelt. 

I’d recommend saving first so if a 2 star one spawns, you can just reload or sleep until a 3 star one spawns. 

Now for my query: I’m in chapter 6 at the start (I think I’ve done like, 2 missions) and all general stores and doctors are locked? Is this part of the story or is my game messed up? I’ve tried googling and I can’t find anything about it 

That's where I was and what I was doing but they just wouldn't spawn. Then after I get the mission and don't need them anymore I get them to spawn everytime I ride through there. Just like the friggin squirrels when I needed them.

As to your other thing I have no idea I am still on chapter 2, and probably going to restart to get rid of all the excess weapons I don't want to have. Since I know the major spoiler I am going to play through to the epilogues and THEN do all the collections and explorations.

Ingrobny
On 10/24/2018 at 6:22 PM, feckyerlife said:

Legacy just quoted it completely wrong.

No he didn't:

xiwQGGQ.png

feckyerlife
2 hours ago, Ingrobny said:

No he didn't:

xiwQGGQ.png

why you quoting me from 3 months ago after i already said i was wrong on that

Ingrobny
48 minutes ago, feckyerlife said:

why you quoting me from 3 months ago after i already said i was wrong on that

Sorry, I missed that 😳.

LeonVegaSuarez

I want a quick menu option to roll up sleeves, untuck pants and button up jackets. Also let us shave and wash at camp in the wilderness. At least washing the face should be an option.

Cutter De Blanc

How the hell do they still not fix the vehicle spawning garbage from GTAV? I go up to the coachman to take the stagecoach, find I don't have enough cash. Turn around and run over to the Butcher, sell my stuff and return. The coachman is now standing there like an asshole without a stagecoach because the game has despawned it in the 30 seconds the camera wasn't facing it. Really garbage like that breaks immersion pretty bad, at least for me.

Piggsy pls
On 1/6/2019 at 5:40 AM, Darealbandicoot said:

Yeah lol I just tested that out myself while doing the New Austin glitch and it's hilarious. So much for lore > gameplay Rockstar. :D

I don't mind him not being able to swim, but what I find stupid is that your stamina drains immediately once you hit the water. That makes no sense at all. They could've kept  the struggling/splashing animation but otherwise let your stamina work as normal, giving you more time to get back to land. Plus, it's just frustrating how John is literally the only character in the game who can't swim. Every other NPC can, including charcaters from the first game who couldn't swim in that one either (because it was just a gameplay limitation to prevent you from getting to Mexico early). Even his damn NPC counterpart can swim which is an epic fail.

I wish they'd fix it in a patch (along with his hair and all the other problems surrounding his player model) but I doubt it.

Edited by Piggsy pls

Darealbandicoot

So, since Rockstar have SO kindly decided to randomly delete my Nuevo Pariso outfit parts from the clothing section, I loaded up a save I made before the Online update. It's right before the Angelo Bronte mission and the collectables are nearly all collected. My outfit parts are back. Cool! I do the New Austin glitch and everything is going along fine. I had everything marked on the map anyways and only the herbalist challenge 9 left with only only the New Austin plants left. Same for the bones. 

I reach what SHOULD be the end of these challenges at Gaptooth Breach which has Blackcurrant and a dinosaur bone. They BOTH say there's one more left to find which isn't right. I checked my log and it says that I have all cigarette cards collected but they NOWHERE to be found in my inventory. I unpatched the game YET AGAIN and guess what? BOOM everything found. Same with the Nuevo Pariso outfit. f*ck you Rockstar STOP BUTCHERING THE GAME WITH YOUR STUPID PATCHES!! 

Will Liam

I went into a shop during a torrential thunderstorm in Tombstone and came out into a dust storm . . . How can there be a dust storm when everything has just been turned to mud?

Edited by Will Liam

Cutter De Blanc

After completing the Billy Midnight mission my temporary horse is gone. Just gone. Maybe he got hit by the train but I don't think so. Just got the bond all the way to level 4, too. That kinda sucks. Also, what's with none of the other trains in the game having a bar car? That would probably be my favorite bar if they existed in free roam.

Darealbandicoot

Switching Arthur's player model to John's (basically Arthur in John's body) fixes the clothing issues when officially playing as John. For example, His gunslinger outfits are fixed and feature the open shirt with John's body type and aren't glitched with no spurs like they are now. And yes he can swim.