3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

TheSantader25

The Red Dead Redemption 2 "Constructive Criticism" Thread

TheSantader25

We gotta get ready for the GTA V syndrome already. People getting disappointed because what they see is not what they imagined just by reading a simple sentence. 

feckyerlife

LOL Did Rockstar f*ck up their own Lore? I just watched Legacy Killa's video

Legacy Quotes the Rockstar Devs or Rockstar Synopsis. Which says Dutch and Josea met in the 1820s and formed a bond then. So if they met in the 20s and lets be generous and say they met as 1yrs olds in 1829, that would make dutch 71 at the youngest for RDR2 and that would put Dutch in his 80s or 90s when John kills him. WTF.

Edited by feckyerlife

Jason

They met in their twenties. Not in the 1820's.

feckyerlife
5 minutes ago, Jason said:

They met in their twenties. Not in the 1820's.

Listen to what Legacys Reads. "Dutch and Josea met in THE early 20s" not their early 20's

Edit: ok i read it on Rockstars website, Legacy just quoted it completely wrong.

Edited by feckyerlife

Jason

Or, conversely, read what Rockstar said. :)

happygrowls
2 minutes ago, feckyerlife said:

Edit: ok i read it on Rockstars sight, Legacy just quoted it completely wrong.

never would've thought a youtuber who makes clickbait titles + thumbnails would get something wrong

Doodling Hitman

So, is it possible to remove that strobe flash light effect across the screen and the red x every time you kill an npc or animal? That seems annoying.

Darealbandicoot
54 minutes ago, Doodling Hitman said:

So, is it possible to remove that strobe flash light effect across the screen and the red x every time you kill an npc or animal? That seems annoying.

Yes. It's in the options menu. 

Doodling Hitman
11 minutes ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Neato! Thanks for the heads up!

¡MAYDAY!
21 minutes ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Good, never liked that feature in GTAV

Shadowfennekin

Boo. 3 hours until people are allowed to upload footage

30 hours until Gamestop opens

This ain't even fair.

The embarko shouldn't lift until tomorrow! -_-

Lonely-Martin
6 minutes ago, Bleep% said:

Gut is saying SinglePlayer is bare bones, Online is fully fleshed out & Customisation Microtransactions out the wazoo like ESO. 

Example

PayWall.png

The Purple Ticks are what's Default available in ESO the Rest is stuck behind a Microtransactions Paywall. Think what EA does with SP. That is what R* are doing with SP instead the other options will be behind a Paywall Online. 

Make SP content minimal with customisation of Clothes & Weapons entice by going online for full experience for a Microtransactions price.

Also snowball effect Microtransactions. When you Add Pay to Win options such as all the things you get for pre-order for Online creates a snowball effect. 

This is how it works. 

Pre-Orders get pay to win content. R* Release slighy beyter content after awhile to rival or the Pre-Order bonuses, now the pre-order bonuses are obsolete so people purchases better gear tp revival those who paid to revival them & the cycle continues Meanwhile R* Drip feed more content like in GTAO. 

You bet your ass it's going to be GTAO all over again.

Will explain further omce Embargo is lifted. 

Yeah, I do know they're keen in GTA, lol. We'll see but online is a long way from my mind right now. Might not even play if it goes too far, I don't buy cash so if it's a grind, I'm off. ;)

Maddened_Ghost

No Rockstar Editor, Rockstar what are you doing -_-

thatstupidbug

sigh, according to a couple of reviews, some missions still have the same old "scripted setpieces" that has plagued the GTAs since ps3.

Unreachable/unkillable enemies (even  if you're unloading your whole arsenale at them),  scripted chases with rubberbanding and some misplaced cutscene trigger that breaks the game.

I tought we were over this...

DangerZ0neX

So, according to Jim Stirling, hunting and looting will be a pain in the ass and not a fun convenience like in the first game.

Just imagine yourself hunting an animal. You got to use small arrows for small game, big arrows for big game, hit the weak spot so you don't damage the skin or meat too much, and you got to slooooowly carry the carcass to your horse as your energy meter starts draining.  In RDR1,  you just shot a game, skinned it for its pelt and/or meat, and you're done.

In RDR1, looting dead bodies was super quick as Marston just bent down and quickly patted through two pockets before getting up. All done in a second. In RDR2, Morgan lifts the body a bit, takes his time looking for valuable stuff, takes it, then gently sets down the body. It shouldn't take this long to do a simple procedure.

And, I got to say, the game looks like it's put through a filter, some bright grainy filter that looks weird to me.

There's fun realism, and then there's realism that's been taken so far that it interrupts the fun. I think I'll just play through the story, the side-quests, and not loot or hunt or bother with any inconvenient thing, unless if I have to.

Conici

It made me use my Xbox again which is unacceptable 

VercettiClarke
12 minutes ago, DangerZ0neX said:

So, according to Jim Stirling, hunting and looting will be a pain in the ass and not a fun convenience like in the first game.

Just imagine yourself hunting an animal. You got to use small arrows for small game, big arrows for big game, hit the weak spot so you don't damage the skin or meat too much, and you got to slooooowly carry the carcass to your horse as your energy meter starts draining.  In RDR1,  you just shot a game, skinned it for its pelt and/or meat, and you're done.

In RDR1, looting dead bodies was super quick as Marston just bent down and quickly patted through two pockets before getting up. All done in a second. In RDR2, Morgan lifts the body a bit, takes his time looking for valuable stuff, takes it, then gently sets down the body. It shouldn't take this long to do a simple procedure.

And, I got to say, the game looks like it's put through a filter, some bright grainy filter that looks weird to me.

There's fun realism, and then there's realism that's been taken so far that it interrupts the fun. I think I'll just play through the story, the side-quests, and not loot or hunt or bother with any inconvenient thing, unless if I have to.

wouldn't you whistle your horse over to save yourself from carrying it the distance? 

DangerZ0neX
1 minute ago, TheSantader25 said:

Off topic. 

Uh-huh, coming here to whine that people now get to make their own opinions and then whistle "off-topic".

Get out of here if you don't want to embarrass yourself any further.

1 minute ago, VercettiClarke said:

wouldn't you whistle your horse over to save yourself from carrying it the distance? 

From the footage I saw, the horse was staying so far back when Stirling hunted his first tortoise, but it came when he was hunting a second one close to a crocodile.

He also said that horses come to you in real time, not like in RDR1 where it appears close to you off-screen and runs up to you. I think that'll be a pain in the ass in certain situations, to say the least.

anthony

One of the dev did say that some fan will not like how the game is.

Personally I'm all for realism, immersion and role playing and I'm glad they didn't followed GTA 5 path..

Edited by anthony

RedDagger

Remember people, this is a bitch and moan topic. People are going to complain about the game here; that's kinda the point. 

SakoCS

So disappointed in ps4 pro.

Looks rubbish compared to one x, I should have waited for comparisons and not trust gameplay trailers.

erased

It's f*cking bullsh*t that reviewers/regular people who got a PHYSICAL copy already get to play while us peasants still have to wait f*cking 12 hours. Should have been a goddamn bonus to play 24 hours in advance for digital download especially if you go and buy the deluxe version (like I did).

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bd1e10762566a3773

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bd1e0932f3631326f

Doodling Hitman
3 hours ago, DangerZ0neX said:

I for one am actually glad about these things. To each their own I guess, but I am glad I can finally feel a bit more immersed.

Happy Hunter

Still not a lot of complaints, but then I haven't played yet. My first bigger one though - apparently there's no editor? What is up with that?

TheSantader25

1 hour into the game and loving it. I have mixed feelings right now about the cropped cutscenes. At first it felt weird but I feel like it's growing on me. 

Display Name

Cockstar said that I'm going to get RDR2 on release date, but they lied and its delayed to Monday. Never order anything from Rockstar Warehouse. More info: 

Spider-Vice
36 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Still not a lot of complaints, but then I haven't played yet. My first bigger one though - apparently there's no editor? What is up with that?

The Editor in V worked by dynamically capturing everything that was around you like AI, script, etc and saving it to a file so it could reproduce it later. I'm thinking they couldn't do that this time around. Maybe we'll get the Editor later down the line.

chipsanddips

I'm all for immersive hunting as opposed to rdr and far cry as long as the reward is fair and you don't have to hunt dozens to get them monies 

Mafia Assassin®
5 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

The Editor in V worked by dynamically capturing everything that was around you like AI, script, etc and saving it to a file so it could reproduce it later. I'm thinking they couldn't do that this time around. Maybe we'll get the Editor later down the line.

There's no photo mode either?

Spider-Vice
3 minutes ago, Mafia Assassin® said:

There's no photo mode either?

There sort of a photo mode at a specific point in the game.