Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    2. GTANet 20th Anniversary

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

    2. Support

      1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

The RDR2 B*tch & Moan Thread


TheSantader25

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Edward Nashton said:

Eh, it depends on where you're coming from, I had low expectations for this game, so none of the complaints seem too bad at the moment. The few complaints that have caught my attention were actually pretty informative because I never even considered them, like the weird button configuration or the complicated menus, they're just giving me a better picture of the game.

 

Exactly! Positive comments about the game have their place and can be just as useful, but right now I want to know the game's flaws. Personal opinions and views I can disregard, but like you say when someone points out something which makes you stop and think, "Oh, that's not so good" then it's been useful. It's a game's negative aspects and flaws that dictate whether it's a keeper, not it's positive aspects. And when you're having to shell out £50 you don't really have, it would be useful to know before hand whether I need to bother. As it stands, with what I've read here, I'm certainly in no rush to go buy it.

Edited by OurJud
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Doodling Hitman said:

Do you lose a lot of money when dying? Because I love that!

It's not a lot at the start, only like a few dollars

But considering how hard it is to make money compared to the first one; (RIP Hunting riches) Later on when you have like hundreds of dollars, losing $30 because of some BS sucks!

 

Like there's this one mission that is like a setup in GTA.... I kept dying and dying and it hadn't registered the fact I was doing the setup so I was getting charged each time I died. So I kept reloading.

 

I REALLY hated it, without my Repeater that mission was a pain in the ass! Good thing I managed to get Gold in the end..... the only gold medal currently cause looting fails the time challenges.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lock n' Stock said:

Why doesn't trying to stop witnesseses ever seem to work? I keep calling at them to stop but nothing ever happens. Do I have to draw my gun on them or something?

Not every NPC acts the same. Some will stop and be easy to intimidate, some will be more stubborn. Some will turn and start fighting/shooting you. Drawing your gun can help in my experience, but it can escalate the situation too if there's other people around.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Corndawg93 said:

Id like to bitch about how my damn pre order didn't arrive on time and now I have to wait til monday

Have to wait until Tuesday here in Ireland. Mail has a day off this Monday. And even THEN there's a chance its not even posted by Rockstar Warehouse yet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Shadowfennekin said:

It's not a lot at the start, only like a few dollars

But considering how hard it is to make money compared to the first one; (RIP Hunting riches) Later on when you have like hundreds of dollars, losing $30 because of some BS sucks!

 

Like there's this one mission that is like a setup in GTA.... I kept dying and dying and it hadn't registered the fact I was doing the setup so I was getting charged each time I died. So I kept reloading.

 

I REALLY hated it, without my Repeater that mission was a pain in the ass! Good thing I managed to get Gold in the end..... the only gold medal currently cause looting fails the time challenges.

I dunno, but I love that stuff! More challenging and more of a penalty for dying.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Not every NPC acts the same. Some will stop and be easy to intimidate, some will be more stubborn. Some will turn and start fighting/shooting you. Drawing your gun can help in my experience, but it can escalate the situation too if there's other people around.

Fair enough. It can just be annoying when a simple brawl turns into a full blown shootout with law enforcement because some asshole ratted me out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Lock n' Stock said:

Why doesn't trying to stop witnesseses ever seem to work? I keep calling at them to stop but nothing ever happens. Do I have to draw my gun on them or something?

Shoot in the sky maybe? Seemed to work in the trailer... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, volta2001 said:

Where are the brothels? I talked to a hooker who propositioned me and my only available options were decline or refuse. Wtf r*

That crap is annoying.  

 

I'm enjoying the game but I thought it would give you a lot more freedom.

 

Also, didn't Rockstar and journalist say all buildings could be entered?  I was sure that looting houses would be bigger than just a few missions.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

My main problem with the game is the story and Arthur Morgan. The world is so beautifully created and polished, so many things to do, everything feel so much deeper compared to the first game, but it bothers me that i'm forced to play what feels like a complete degenerate, even the entire gang feels like it, I have no sympathy for it whatsoever so why should I care for it. I genuinely feel bad beating people up for no reason, talking trash to others and just being a moron to everyone just to advance in the story, and there is nothing I can do about it. At times I enjoy being a "badass" in games, but I don't like being forced to play one in the most immersive game ever to exist. 

 

The other problem is the obvious, the controls. Everything feels heavy, but I can live with that, it has it's advantages as well. What I absolutely despise is how much the game controls your movement in missions. Why would they do this, seriously? You also HAVE to walk really slow in buildings like saloons,, gun shops and even the camp, it's actually annoying, you can't run, I don't understand this decision at all. All this contributes to the feeling that you are watching a movie instead of actually playing a game, and this isn't fun, it's annoying and a huge problem with many modern games. This game is absolutely phenomenal in so many aspects, but some of the design decisions makes this game a much more annoying experience than it had to be, it is sad. You can never please everyone I understand, but I simply wanted gameplay that felt more like the first game, I didn't expect the controls to feel much worse than RDR 1, and I wish I liked Arthur more. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, WildBrick142 said:

I'd hate to be bitching already, but I am very disappointed that a game of this size and detail does.... this.

  Hide contents

 

 

He shouldn't have been able to get up and attack me like nothing happened. This was also a problem in V (except that peds would just end up dying no matter what), shame Rockstar has never done anything about it.

He bought an ancient Chinese bullshark potion from the immigrants working on the railroad. That's why he's so invincible

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mostly_Red said:

The game is a chore to play

 

 

The gameplay is slow, sluggish and clunky

 

Trying to play without auto-aim is pretty much unplayable

 

So disappointed right now

Well you were really hyped up for this game😂

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

So far one of the best games I've ever played, if not the best. I haven't stopped playing since Thursday night, but I would've liked if R* added a few other details, such as:

 

-Looking at your weapons and cleaning them in camp, when you sit or by the fire. I just want to sit down enjoy nature while cleaning me guns.

-Make smoking or eating last longer. Also be able to drink while playing poker or dominoes.

-Skipping stones by the lake, maybe it's a dumb idea but I was so tempted to this when I was at the side of the lake.

-Jump when standing and drop like GTA V. Punch even if there is nothing to punch.

-Button to open and closing doors.

 

So far I think these are realistic features that could be added later. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Turan said:

So, what is the point of wearing a bandana? You’re still identified super fast after commiting a crime.

And no cock blocking bad honor....

I swear it has to be bugged or something. There's no purpose for it at all

 

Also IT happened again! During a mission I screwed up and lost BOTH pistols. I lost the GTA pistol and I don't know how to get another!!!!! 😡

Had the mission not already taken so long I'd have loaded

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Flannelmagic1 said:

You also HAVE to walk really slow in buildings like saloons,, gun shops and even the camp, it's actually annoying, you can't run, I don't understand this decision at all.

GTA Online had this at one point, but they removed it with a patch (my guess is enough people complained and it actually made it onto Rockstar's radar among the thousands of other complaints). It's kind of weird how a game where you can run around killing random people forces you to be polite when you're indoors (though GTA V also wouldn't allow you to even use weapons indoors unless you entered with a wanted level).

 

34 minutes ago, Turan said:

So, what is the point of wearing a bandana? You’re still identified super fast after commiting a crime.

To look badass, obviously.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's possibly already been discussed, but does anyone find NPCs die too quickly? It seems shooting someone anywhere on the body almost always results in near instant death, even with throwables. I was kinda hoping, much like in RDR1, you'd be able to shoot someone in the legs and watch them attempt to limp away. Meh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HMS_Duke said:

It's possibly already been discussed, but does anyone find NPCs die too quickly? It seems shooting someone anywhere on the body almost always results in near instant death, even with throwables. I was kinda hoping, much like in RDR1, you'd be able to shoot someone in the legs and watch them attempt to limp away. Meh.

Don't know about shooting yet I haven't tried but after punching a guy he ran away from me and was limping. I guess it depends on where you punch them. Another dude was holding his stomach while escaping. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HMS_Duke said:

It's possibly already been discussed, but does anyone find NPCs die too quickly? It seems shooting someone anywhere on the body almost always results in near instant death, even with throwables. I was kinda hoping, much like in RDR1, you'd be able to shoot someone in the legs and watch them attempt to limp away. Meh.


I don't mind it, but it is very inconsistent with shooting people during missions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flannelmagic1 said:

My main problem with the game is the story and Arthur Morgan. The world is so beautifully created and polished, so many things to do, everything feel so much deeper compared to the first game, but it bothers me that i'm forced to play what feels like a complete degenerate, even the entire gang feels like it, I have no sympathy for it whatsoever so why should I care for it. I genuinely feel bad beating people up for no reason, talking trash to others and just being a moron to everyone just to advance in the story, and there is nothing I can do about it. At times I enjoy being a "badass" in games, but I don't like being forced to play one in the most immersive game ever to exist. 

 

I know this is your opinion but it's weird that you are complaining about Arthur being an asshole when you knew he was a member of an outlaw gang. Its like watching The Sopranos or Breaking Bad and complaining that the protagonist is a piece of sh*t. Maybe it doesn't bother me because I never identify with characters in video games/movies/Books, etc.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rusty James said:

I know this is your opinion but it's weird that you are complaining about Arthur being an asshole when you knew he was a member of an outlaw gang. Its like watching The Sopranos or Breaking Bad and complaining that the protagonist is a piece of sh*t. Maybe it doesn't bother me because I never identify with characters in video games/movies/Books, etc.

I kinda just make up my own little story regardless of what the game tells me.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Doodling Hitman said:

I kinda just make up my own little story regardless of what the game tells me.

That's where Online will come in.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mach1bud said:

That's where Online will come in.

I hope there will be a mode where lobbies will not have players visible on maps.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Doodling Hitman said:

I hope there will be a mode where lobbies will not have players visible on maps.

I think it's a good sign that bad guys don't appear on the minimap.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.