1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

The RDR2 B*tch & Moan Thread

TheSantader25

billiejoearmstrong8
2 hours ago, REVENGE777 said:

Maybe red dead 2 just isn’t the game for y’all then. The difference has been explained several times. The sh*ts a dead horse now. If them both being “boring” is their only similarity, that’s subjective and not objective.

Who claimed their opinion was objective? No one's is. Like I said I just think it's valid to question or criticise aspects of the game, doesn't mean the game isn't for me just because I don't like everything about it. I'm not against it being "slower" in general, just think there's aspects that could've been done better. This is literally the "bitch and moan" thread, it's the place for criticism. 

2 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Who claimed their opinion was objective? No one's is. Like I said I just think it's valid to question or criticise aspects of the game, doesn't mean the game isn't for me just because I don't like everything about it. I'm not against it being "slower" in general, just think there's aspects that could've been done better. This is literally the "bitch and moan" thread, it's the place for criticism. 

If that response came across as asshole-ish, I apologize. But I didn’t have anything against the criticism in and of itself, but what bugged me about it was the comparison to yoga, which was nonsense, I stand by that. I mean, things like hair growth and other sim like aspects were highly requested features. I can understand the argument that they’re a bit tedious, but I think that was the point. That’s the way the game was intended to be. They’re meant to be immersive. Are they perfect? f*ck no. Are they as pointless and widely hated as yoga? Not at all.

• Like 2
Posted (edited)

I've cut my hair a hundred times in 2 and a half years playing. I've played yoga about 3 times, in the story, in 8 years.  

One is not the same as the other. If I want Arthur to look the way I want him to, I have the option. It's customization which is always a plus. And the hair never grows fast enough to be annoying anyway, it's one of the reasons people buy the hair tonic. 

Playing yoga in GTA 5 is something one may bring up in therapy.  

Edited by SneakyDeaky
billiejoearmstrong8
8 hours ago, SneakyDeaky said:

I've cut my hair a hundred times in 2 and a half years playing. I've played yoga about 3 times, in the story, in 8 years.  

One is not the same as the other. If I want Arthur to look the way I want him to, I have the option. It's customization which is always a plus. And the hair never grows fast enough to be annoying anyway, it's one of the reasons people buy the hair tonic. 

Playing yoga in GTA 5 is something one may bring up in therapy.  

The thing is with shaving and other "maintenance" it isn't simply an option. It's a chore you have to keep up with or you'll have negative consequences for not doing it (in this case only a mild negative consequence - having an unwanted beard - but still a negative consequence none the less). Like I've said I wouldn't want any of these features removed from the game, but I do think it's fair to ask the question of how enjoyable they are/how much of a chore they are/how forced on you they are/how long they take etc when talking about things in the game that aren't totally optional. Yoga in V is totally optional outside of one session in one mission, shaving (among multiple other maintenance tasks) is not unless you either don't care what the character you spend the whole game looking at looks like or happen to want a beard, so it's really the shaving that's more worthy of critique imo. 

Customisation always a plus? What if it required three hours of chores every time you turn the game on just to maintain the customisation you want? I think the option of customisation is a good thing. But it has to be implemented right as well (ie not take up too much time/not be too tedious/ not need doing too often/not be forced on you by nagging or negative consequences). Nothing wrong with questioning how well it's implemented imo. Just like how I can say the way you buy clothes in San Andreas totally sucks, but that doesn't mean I don't think you should be able to buy clothes. 

• Like 2
Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2021 at 6:47 PM, Caffeination said:

Honestly... it’s disappointing that Rockstar still makes NPCs rush the player’s location while they’re in tight fortified places. 

Seriously, camp behind the bar in the Blackwater saloon as you’re rampaging and you’ll see what I mean. Law enforcement continuously rushing to your position while wading through the piling corpses of officers that came before them. You’d think they’d be wise to surround the place and throw some fire bombs in there, or just take the rooftops and wait for the player to come out. 

Then again, I’m not surprised. The officers home onto your location by default anyway, just like in GTA V. I’ve already linked this before in this very thread, but I can’t stress this enough, Rockstar just doesn’t know what to do with adversary npcs.

Reminded me of one time, while being wanted, I was hiding behind a tree with a scoped weapon. I zoomed in as far as I could, without moving from my place, and when I released the aiming button there were 4-5 law enforcers in their horses, standing still, 20 feet away around me. I was in clear view of their sights, but they wouldn't attack me. It was like a "As long as I don't move, they won't see me" kind of moment. It was pretty funny.

That said, I think the AI is still serviceable. I believe they'll try to improve it next time. 

Edited by OOI
On 5/30/2021 at 12:27 AM, Yinepi said:

Some people just hate it when RDR2 gets criticized.

Or maybe they only wanna do tedious tasks and chores every five minutes because they have so much free time to burn.

Or Because iMeRsIoN and rEaLiStic SteAk .

• Bruh 1
  • Realistic Steak! 2

Not really a bitch or a moan but I cant help but think that Donner Falls doesn't make sense at all - as stunning as it is to look at, how does all that water come crashing over it when it's only water source is a small lake - Calumet Ravine. 

The Tracker
1 hour ago, Orbea Occam said:

Not really a bitch or a moan but I cant help but think that Donner Falls doesn't make sense at all - as stunning as it is to look at, how does all that water come crashing over it when it's only water source is a small lake - Calumet Ravine. 

You don't seem to know how waterfalls work 😛

15 hours ago, Ondr4H said:

Or maybe they only wanna do tedious tasks and chores every five minutes because they have so much free time to burn.

Nope, I like to blow the heads and limps off hill-billies, fight bears and rob the hell out of trains 😛

Unknown Insider

They need to fix join friend sessions in the next Reddeadonline update as Reddeadonline is so bored without friends , Each Time I joined my friends or they joined me We got an alert saying ( Unable to connect to rockstar game services at this time , please try again later ) so bad a big company like R* cant fix this problem 🤔🤔

Edited by Unknown Insider
gucciflipflops

i kinda wish we could explore mexico and guarma more and im tired of being told to put on some warm clothes or i'll catch a chill

Edited by gucciflipflops

I don’t know why, but I get bothered by people who dress their Arthur in the weirdest outfits, as in a bad-looking combination of general store clothing, and yet have the blandest horse that’s still in the most basic saddle and is always at half core.

I mean, they don’t even bother to upgrade or customize their guns, and their first thought upon seeing a perfect animal is kill it with many revolver shots and then complain it is ruined. Like, believe me, I too was unbelievably bad the first time I played this game, and didn’t bother getting my act straight to try more side content, or any of the challenges that’s not Explorer, until I completed the prologue story, but I’m talking about people on their SECOND playthroughs.

In my second playthrough, I actually bothered buying clothing and trapper stuff, as many of the challenges i can before I had to confront Downes, and subsequently before meeting Eagle Flies outside the refinery, I even dedicated myself to pistols as sidearms since I never ever used them. This is what your supposed to do on a second playthrough, not repeat the same mistakes and have your Arthur wear an ugly hat you got at the general store and long johns, and bald with an ugly beard.

That’s just awful.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, gucciflipflops said:

i kinda wish we could explore mexico and guarma more and im tired of being told to put on some warm clothes or i'll catch a chill

Im more disappointed with how lackluster New Austin is. Theres pretty much nothing to do there as a lot of it just seems like

un-interactive set dressing. MacFarlane's ranch has no stores and half of the buildings are straight up missing, Armadillo only really has a general store, and a lot of previously accessible buildings in the different areas are all inaccessible.

Edited by AwesomO4000
  • Like 2
12 hours ago, AwesomO4000 said:

Im more disappointed with how lackluster New Austin is. Theres pretty much nothing to do there as a lot of it just seems like

un-interactive set dressing. MacFarlane's ranch has no stores and half of the buildings are straight up missing, Armadillo only really has a general store, and a lot of previously accessible buildings in the different areas are all inaccessible.

I actually kinda like the state Armadillo is in RDR2, the feeling of arriving the empty saloon of an abandoned town in the middle of a sandstorm feels so western-cliché, yet so immersive, but yeah, what they did to McFarlane Ranch is unforgivable, I don't get how they bothered to add so many NPC's, but not a single working bussiness or establishment, they at least could've added the train station and the general store again, or even replace the latter with a fence, have it like a second emerald ranch or something.

• Like 3
21 hours ago, Caffeination said:

I don’t know why, but I get bothered by people who dress their Arthur in the weirdest outfits, as in a bad-looking combination of general store clothing, and yet have the blandest horse that’s still in the most basic saddle and is always at half core.

I mean, they don’t even bother to upgrade or customize their guns, and their first thought upon seeing a perfect animal is kill it with many revolver shots and then complain it is ruined. Like, believe me, I too was unbelievably bad the first time I played this game, and didn’t bother getting my act straight to try more side content, or any of the challenges that’s not Explorer, until I completed the prologue story, but I’m talking about people on their SECOND playthroughs.

In my second playthrough, I actually bothered buying clothing and trapper stuff, as many of the challenges i can before I had to confront Downes, and subsequently before meeting Eagle Flies outside the refinery, I even dedicated myself to pistols as sidearms since I never ever used them. This is what your supposed to do on a second playthrough, not repeat the same mistakes and have your Arthur wear an ugly hat you got at the general store and long johns, and bald with an ugly beard.

That’s just awful.

Simply not everyone cares about customisation or finds it an enjoyable use of their time when playing the game though. That's why it's best for it to be as optional as possible.

Can anyone explain why this initially friendly NPC suddenly thought I was trespassing? All the other friendly campers I encountered before then behaved just fine.

Also… here’s a footage of my least favorite animal in the game; the cougar in Roanoke Ridge, just a few steps south of the Viking burial.

The freak is part of a radiant involving a dead fisherman it has recently killed, and it can survive two headshots, and using a poison arrow instantly ruins its carcass. This bloody cat managed to kill me after astonishing me that it survived an arrow to the face, though im not sure if it’s intentional or a bug.

Edited by Caffeination

Most "Rockstar secretly hates players" is autosaving in this game.

I dont know why this game autosaves when I die. I lost vampire easter egg, because he kills me and I lost ornated dagger for good. When I uncheck autosave, game tells me that next time disable this function for good. Like what?

I was expecting autosave to made things easier not make them even worse and pointless. GTA V for example have autosave just fine without this bullsh*t.

On 5/29/2021 at 1:29 PM, Yinepi said:

What is fun is taking the train and derailing it, and watching the train cars fly and hit people... but you can't do that because 'realism'?

That doesn't sound fun to me at all, sounds rather childish.

The game has a long setup that gets you connected with the world and the characters.

It's not for everyone.

Edited by Buddy Hightower