Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Summer Special
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest176525326

Frame rate issues on PS4 slim :(

Recommended Posts

Guest Guest176525326

I’m getting pretty much 20fps and even lower in some cases whenever I am in Valentine or St Denis, making the game unpleasant. I’m gonna stop playing it until I can get a PS4 PRO(hopefully next week).

 

is there anyway I can improve the frame rate on my base PS4 in the meantime?

Edited by Guest176525326

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xy-maps

I have the same problem on our company PS4 (1st Gen).  Unfortunately you can't do anything about that, maybe a SSD might fix it, but it doesn't have to be.  Has anyone had any experience with the frame rate on the Pro? I have read in a test that the Pro also has frame rate problems, but is this as bad as on the old systems?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest176525326
4 minutes ago, xy-maps said:

I have the same problem on our company PS4 (1st Gen).  Unfortunately you can't do anything about that, maybe a SSD might fix it, but it doesn't have to be.  Has anyone had any experience with the frame rate on the Pro? I have read in a test that the Pro also has frame rate problems, but is this as bad as on the old systems?

I have seen a YouTube video where PRO manages a locked 30fps at 1080p, I don’t care about the 4K as that also has like you mentioned frame drops. All I want is solid 30fps everywhere in the game. 

 

IMO less than that makes is almost unplayable, to me anyways. St Denis is the worst, I don’t have the frame rate reader but in some cases it’s definitely below 20fps even, I don’t know how this passed Rockstars QC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25

-Base PS4-I know there's frame drops but I never feel them😊

I play a lot more with my consoles  than PC and I gotta say the good thing is you won't get spoiled with 60fps and You barely notice frame drops since you're just used to them. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest176525326
1 hour ago, TheSantader25 said:

-Base PS4-I know there's frame drops but I never feel them😊

I play a lot more with my consoles  than PC and I gotta say the good thing is you won't get spoiled with 60fps and You barely notice frame drops since you're just used to them. 

I’m also a console gamer, I don’t even need 60fps, but the game runs beautifully on the countryside, it’s just once you get to towns it’s suffers, especially in St. Denis, where even walking is unbearable not to mention when you get into a shootout!! 

 

Im actually surprised not to see any threads about the frame rate here, I might be the only one who can’t stand low 20fps gameplay :(

Edited by Guest176525326

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25
1 minute ago, O.Z said:

I’m also a console gamer, I don’t even need 60fps, but the game runs beautifully on the countryside, it’s just once you get to towns it’s suffers, especially in St. Denis, where even walking is unbearable not to mention when you get into a shootout!! 

I know but I just don't feel any frame drops(Even in Saint Denis)  but I highly doubt it hits lower than 24 fps. The worst is probably 23fps.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest176525326
4 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

I know but I just don't feel any frame drops(Even in Saint Denis)  but I highly doubt it hits lower than 24 fps. The worst is probably 23fps.

To each to their own I suppose... 

 

I need that PRO now lol(every local store seems to have OOS at the moment :( )

Edited by Guest176525326

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0223998743

I'm on slim and I've noticed frame drop in Valentine mostly, at a certain time when there is a lot of movement.

 

But other than that, I feel the game run well.

 

Maybe you can try one thing that I received from the support, my issue was different, but this fix seem to be some kind of ~reload/data clearing or something.

(it will reset your in-game settings)

 

Screenshot-20181101-002542.png

 

It cost nothing to try, so feel free, maybe it can help.

Edited by anthony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest176525326
45 minutes ago, anthony said:

I'm on slim and I've noticed frame drop in Valentine mostly, at a certain time when there is a lot of movement.

 

But other than that, I feel the game run well.

 

Maybe you can try one thing that I received from the support, my issue was different, but this fix seem to be some kind of ~reload/data clearing or something.

(it will reset your in-game settings)

 

Screenshot-20181101-002542.png

 

It cost nothing to try, so feel free, maybe it can help.

Thx for your post, however I tried this last night, but it didn’t make a difference 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DentureDynamite

Yikes! I just bought a Slim, and haven't ventured into any of the cities yet. :(

 

I didn't notice any slowdown in any YT vids I've watched of city action, but I suspect those are all either XBox One units or PS4 Pros.

 

One very good reason why Rockstar is working on a PC version (which I'll grab when it's finally out one of these years).

Edited by DentureDynamite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spider-Vice

All the base consoles suffer from frame drops in the bigger towns/Saint Denis unfortunately, the game is really taxing on them even with the resolution reconstruction stuff. The PS4 Pro at 1080p should fully solve your issues though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
2 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

All the base consoles suffer from frame drops in the bigger towns/Saint Denis unfortunately, the game is really taxing on them even with the resolution reconstruction stuff. The PS4 Pro at 1080p should fully solve your issues though.

 

And with the Boost enabled, you'll have no worries on 4K either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest176525326
34 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

All the base consoles suffer from frame drops in the bigger towns/Saint Denis unfortunately, the game is really taxing on them even with the resolution reconstruction stuff. The PS4 Pro at 1080p should fully solve your issues though.

That’s what I am going for ;) that’s all I want!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
piospi

Yes, PS4-base user here and unfortunately I must confirm it. For me it is really unbearable, and I haven't been to St. Denis yet. From the AAA, console-only titles I have played this gen on PS4 this is the worst I have seen. 

 

I would even say that performance in Valentine during day time (weirdly, during the night it is somewhat more stable) framerate wise is similar to AC Unity, which got totally shat on (to be fair - in Unity the poor performance was across the entire world) and yet, Digital Foundry comments on it with something like "it is what it is" and moves on. 

 

What is worst, it still can't hit stable 30fps even on PS4 Pro. What happen to any quality assurance?

 

 

Edited by piospi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrimsonFolo

The ps4 pro is not a concrete solution to frame drops btw. In valentine ive had no drops but had drops in St Denis for atleast 20 seconds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest176525326
7 minutes ago, The FoolYT said:

The ps4 pro is not a concrete solution to frame drops btw. In valentine ive had no drops but had drops in St Denis for atleast 20 seconds.

That’s probably because you are playing it on max resolution, you have to choose 1080p for best results and locked 30fps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
40 minutes ago, The FoolYT said:

The ps4 pro is not a concrete solution to frame drops btw. In valentine ive had no drops but had drops in St Denis for atleast 20 seconds.

 

Do you have the boost mode enabled in your ps pro settings? I'm having absolutely no issues with framerates anywhere. Been in Saint Denis for several gamedays. No issues at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrimsonFolo
35 minutes ago, O.Z said:

That’s probably because you are playing it on max resolution, you have to choose 1080p for best results and locked 30fps

I was unaware of a locked FPS option, that could be it.

 

2 minutes ago, McGhee said:

 

Do you have the boost mode enabled in your ps pro settings? I'm having absolutely no issues with framerates anywhere. Been in Saint Denis for several gamedays. No issues at all. 

Or it could be because i don't have this mode on, I'll check next time i'm on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest176525326
1 minute ago, The FoolYT said:

I was unaware of a locked FPS option, that could be it.

 

Or it could be because i don't have this mode on, I'll check next time i'm on

Well, maybe I didn't word it correctly, there is no 30fps locked option as such, but if you choose 1080p it should be pretty much locked to 30 all the way through 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
3 minutes ago, The FoolYT said:

I was unaware of a locked FPS option, that could be it.

 

Or it could be because i don't have this mode on, I'll check next time i'm on

 

Boost mode isn't on by default. You have to enable it manually. It will make your console a but louder, but it's worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-jr-

The first RDR had this problem also until they patched and fixed it by removing some of the people in the towns.

 

The only way to fix this is to have Rockstar remove some of the activity in the towns or lower the game resolution to smooth out the FPS...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SaithGVRdR

I have the same problem, I will get the xbox one x maybe this weekend and I hope don't have the same problem with the game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Long evening/early morning game session. Finished chapter 3 and got into 4, did missions in Saint Denis and no fps drop issues at all. Did a chase, a gunfight and some serious roaming in the city. My game ran for at least 8 hours straight. No issues at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MaGicBush
On 11/2/2018 at 9:20 AM, Spider-Vice said:

All the base consoles suffer from frame drops in the bigger towns/Saint Denis unfortunately, the game is really taxing on them even with the resolution reconstruction stuff. The PS4 Pro at 1080p should fully solve your issues though.

I have not seen a slowdown on my Xbox one s honestly at any point including in st Dennis. I'm pretty picky also as I'm mostly a pc gamer. 

Edited by MaGicBush

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chfax

Hello Guys, I have the same problem but I have a Xbox one s, Do you think they fix it on the next patch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MjrOu812
On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:44 AM, O.Z said:

I’m getting pretty much 20fps and even lower in some cases whenever I am in Valentine or St Denis, making the game unpleasant. I’m gonna stop playing it until I can get a PS4 PRO(hopefully next week).

 

is there anyway I can improve the frame rate on my base PS4 in the meantime?

No frame rate drops on my ps4 pro, but I am not viewing it on a 4k tv either....but it plays pretty smooth so far in Valentine, but have not made it to St Denis yet. Don't no about improving frame rate on a base ps4....you could maybe try defragging the hard drive?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pocket Fox
On 11/2/2018 at 7:00 PM, O.Z said:

I have seen a YouTube video where PRO manages a locked 30fps at 1080p, I don’t care about the 4K as that also has like you mentioned frame drops. All I want is solid 30fps everywhere in the game. 

 

IMO less than that makes is almost unplayable, to me anyways. St Denis is the worst, I don’t have the frame rate reader but in some cases it’s definitely below 20fps even, I don’t know how this passed Rockstars QC. 

 

Digital Foundary went into a fair bit of depth.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest176525326

I bought the Xbox One X and it is like day and night when compared to the frame rates in St Denis/valentine. Well worth it just for the RDR2 in 4K. This machine is a beast(still a 1or 2 frame drops in very dense situations, town shootouts etc). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HaRdSTyLe_83
On 11/2/2018 at 4:59 PM, -jr- said:

The only way to fix this is to have Rockstar remove some of the activity in the towns or lower the game resolution to smooth out the FPS...

 

i hope they at least do this for the online mode, i dont mind getting frame drops in single player, but in competitive play that just makes it unplayable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.