Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

djb204

Buying Tracking Dogs Online

Recommended Posts

djb204

Whether we are hunting animals or pursuing another player who has a bounty on their heads, I don’t think anyone wants blips on the radar pinpointing the exact location of our prey. This isn’t GTA with GPS satellite radars showing us where everyone is. Allow us to purchase tracking dogs that we can follow to the player or animal we are hunting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shadowfennekin

I think they'll probably do the big search circle like in SP. The bounty is somewhere in that area and you've got to go find him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Verbal Soze

It sure can sniff the hell outta that white pussy, yeah go get em bauoy! Ruff ruff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
djb204
8 hours ago, Shadowfennekin said:

I think they'll probably do the big search circle like in SP. The bounty is somewhere in that area and you've got to go find him.

What if the bounty is another player? That circle will be moving constantly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
djb204

In GTAO we payed to remove our blip for a short period of time. In RDRO we should pay to reveal another player’s location via tracing dog. Think about it....

 

The dogs would require food, rest, etc. Plus they can be killed. Players shouldn’t have blips on the minimap unless they are fellow posse members or spotted via binoculars. Other then that, let the Wild West be untamed. Aside from tracking dogs, the trail of the wanted player should be visible to any player who has picked up their wanted poster at the sheriffs office. That trail would be similar to the trails we see when doing hunting missions in single player.

 

Bounty Hunter items such as tracking dogs could be purchased at the sheriffs office?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DentureDynamite
On 11/2/2018 at 8:09 AM, djb204 said:

What if the bounty is another player? That circle will be moving constantly.

You mean like Executive Search? lol

 

The reminders of GTAO just won't stop coming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The FoolYT

I think if this feature was to be implemented, a costly system would come with it. e.g. Better breed = Better tracking ability = Bigger cost. You would have to purchase food for the dog (maybe like the bill system in GTA online where a certain amount is deducted to provide electricity for your apartments).

 

It could be interesting though, let's say a player is hurt in a firefight or maybe has their hat shot off. The dog could sniff the hat or whatever and get the scent and lead you in the general direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iddqdvie

no radar blips are ok if we get a tracking eye (eagle eye online) 

 

so basically, all 32 players leave a track behind. long enough to make sense, so you can actually track a player over half the map. 

 

think about the possibilities!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
djb204
22 hours ago, iddqdvie said:

no radar blips are ok if we get a tracking eye (eagle eye online) 

 

so basically, all 32 players leave a track behind. long enough to make sense, so you can actually track a player over half the map. 

 

think about the possibilities!

Does the player leave the track?

or

Does their horse leave the track?

or

If they steal a random horse, does it leave a track?

or If they are on a wagon or a train so they leave tracks?

or

If they travel on train tracks, bridges, or through water, do they leave a track?

 

Tracking Dogs would make sense because they would be following the players scent instead of following a track.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DentureDynamite

Hiding your tracks is pretty well covered already via the existing "scent covering lotion."

 

I would assume that having it simply wear off after a set amount of time is probably what Rockstar has planned already.

 

There are some other cool ideas Rockstar could explore on this though.

 

To further thwart being tracked by dogs, players could drop some kind of material on the trail poisonous to dogs or otherwise hampering their sense of smell.

Edited by DentureDynamite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
djb204
On 11/13/2018 at 9:18 AM, DentureDynamite said:

Hiding your tracks is pretty well covered already via the existing "scent covering lotion."

 

I would assume that having it simply wear off after a set amount of time is probably what Rockstar already has planned.

 

There are some other cool ideas Rockstar could explore on this though.

 

To further thwart being tracked by dogs, players could drop some kind of material on the trail poisonous to dogs or otherwise hampering their sense of smell.

I like that. This would encourage players to purchase items to cover their scent. Maybe even being able to craft these things would be cool to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
R*Phenomenon

How cool would it be to own a dog.. which fetches your duck out of the water you just shot from the sky..  single or multiplayer.. take my money..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
djb204
2 hours ago, R*Phenomenon said:

How cool would it be to own a dog.. which fetches your duck out of the water you just shot from the sky..  single or multiplayer.. take my money..

It could retrieve your hat if you drop it too.

 

What if it could learn new tricks too the same way horses do when their bonding level goes up. Tricks like attack on command would be cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
R*Phenomenon
23 minutes ago, djb204 said:

It could retrieve your hat if you drop it too.

 

What if it could learn new tricks too the same way horses do when their bonding level goes up. Tricks like attack on command would be cool.

That would be awesome indeed! and if you see the behaviour of dogs in single player already, i guess something like that should be possible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IamCourtney

I want a dog to flush out and retrieve and a cat to catch varmints for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Watain

I'd also rather have no blips but traceable player tracks instead. Blue tracks for "general" players and red tracks for bad/bounty players, just like with ordinary and legendary animals respectively.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
djb204

Only time will tell how Rockstar decides to handle blips, tracking, and dogs in RDR Online. We have a half month window until GTA Online releases, and still no new screenshots/vids. We should see something soon and HOPEFULLY it doesn’t disappoint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iddqdvie
On 11/12/2018 at 9:25 AM, djb204 said:

Does the player leave the track?

or

Does their horse leave the track?

or

If they steal a random horse, does it leave a track?

or If they are on a wagon or a train so they leave tracks?

or

If they travel on train tracks, bridges, or through water, do they leave a track?

 

Tracking Dogs would make sense because they would be following the players scent instead of following a track.

 

good questions. 

 

the ridden horse leaves the track. saying „playernames track“ it should be easy to track someone because there are no blips.

 

itll be f*cking boring if 32 players wander around alone.

 

no tracks in water, or trains etc

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Shark

Tracking dogs would be an interesting idea.  I'm fully for having no blips of radar, and no fast travel.  Having a tracking dog that picks up on scents and helps assist in tracking an animal or bounty hunter would be interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
djb204
14 hours ago, iddqdvie said:

 

good questions. 

 

the ridden horse leaves the track. saying „playernames track“ it should be easy to track someone because there are no blips.

 

itll be f*cking boring if 32 players wander around alone.

 

no tracks in water, or trains etc

 

 

 

 

 

5 hours ago, White Shark said:

Tracking dogs would be an interesting idea.  I'm fully for having no blips of radar, and no fast travel.  Having a tracking dog that picks up on scents and helps assist in tracking an animal or bounty hunter would be interesting.

Have ya’ll ever had a high enough bounty where a large bounty hunter posse and multiple lawdogs are hunting you down? It’s pretty intense especially if you play without the HUD. Those bounty hunters could be on you before you know it. So intense, so fun lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Shark
8 minutes ago, djb204 said:

 

Have ya’ll ever had a high enough bounty where a large bounty hunter posse and multiple lawdogs are hunting you down? It’s pretty intense especially if you play without the HUD. Those bounty hunters could be on you before you know it. So intense, so fun lol

Haha no, I've always played at 90% to full honour, and avoid bounties at all cost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
djb204
2 minutes ago, White Shark said:

Haha no, I've always played at 90% to full honour, and avoid bounties at all cost.

I’d recommend trying life as a wanted man. Bounty hunters in every state looking for you. Townsfolk recognizing you. Lawmen with their lawdogs on your trail every step of the way. All this combined with no HUD, it’s one hell of a ride. Makes you wonder which day will be your last lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Shark
4 minutes ago, djb204 said:

I’d recommend trying life as a wanted man. Bounty hunters in every state looking for you. Townsfolk recognizing you. Lawmen with their lawdogs on your trail every step of the way. All this combined with no HUD, it’s one hell of a ride. Makes you wonder which day will be your last lol

That's the amazing thing about this game.  It not only lets you play how you want, but it changes the whole experience and mood for you as well.  Stunning masterpiece of a game.  I can't recall any game making me feel this much emotion before.  That's pretty damn special.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
djb204
1 minute ago, White Shark said:

That's the amazing thing about this game.  It not only lets you play how you want, but it changes the whole experience and mood for you as well.  Stunning masterpiece of a game.  I can't recall any game making me feel this much emotion before.  That's pretty damn special.

Crossing my fingers Online delivers a similar experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Shark
Just now, djb204 said:

Crossing my fingers Online delivers a similar experience.

Same here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
djb204

I’m still waiting for this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rusbeckia

Just give me a poodle and a greyhound as companions and I‘ll be happy with everything else that‘s happening to the game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wehweh01

I could see this happening but it should be locked to Persistent Posse's only. That way we don't have a bunch of goofball's all running around with dog's everywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
éX-Driver

I want a flock of tracking cougars. Dozens of them. I want them to be a pride that wanders the American savannas on the search for anything my wee heart desires. I want them to roam from corner to corner of the map, leaving not a single area unsearched. I want my cougars to cover every bit of traversable land and some that isn’t. The hills shall be alive with the sound of their shrieks. I want my cougars to rain from the heavens, smiting anything they fall upon. I want my cougars to blot out the sun. I want to turn the map into the biblical destruction of Sodom and Gamorrah due to the sheer number of my cougars. Hell hath no fury like my cougars, for which they shall descend like a plague upon the lands. There will be none left to mourn the dead. Woe unto thee, he who crosses paths with my cougars. My cougars’ bidding be done. For whom doth the bells toll; for none other, they toll for ye. 

 

In short, I want a f*ckload of cougars

Edited by éX-Driver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
•—•

I want a husky. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.