Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
djb204

Buying Tracking Dogs Online

djb204

Whether we are hunting animals or pursuing another player who has a bounty on their heads, I don’t think anyone wants blips on the radar pinpointing the exact location of our prey. This isn’t GTA with GPS satellite radars showing us where everyone is. Allow us to purchase tracking dogs that we can follow to the player or animal we are hunting.

Shadowfennekin

I think they'll probably do the big search circle like in SP. The bounty is somewhere in that area and you've got to go find him.

Verbal Soze

It sure can sniff the hell outta that white pussy, yeah go get em bauoy! Ruff ruff

djb204
8 hours ago, Shadowfennekin said:

I think they'll probably do the big search circle like in SP. The bounty is somewhere in that area and you've got to go find him.

What if the bounty is another player? That circle will be moving constantly.

djb204

In GTAO we payed to remove our blip for a short period of time. In RDRO we should pay to reveal another player’s location via tracing dog. Think about it....

The dogs would require food, rest, etc. Plus they can be killed. Players shouldn’t have blips on the minimap unless they are fellow posse members or spotted via binoculars. Other then that, let the Wild West be untamed. Aside from tracking dogs, the trail of the wanted player should be visible to any player who has picked up their wanted poster at the sheriffs office. That trail would be similar to the trails we see when doing hunting missions in single player.

Bounty Hunter items such as tracking dogs could be purchased at the sheriffs office?

DentureDynamite
On 11/2/2018 at 8:09 AM, djb204 said:

What if the bounty is another player? That circle will be moving constantly.

You mean like Executive Search? lol

The reminders of GTAO just won't stop coming.

The FoolYT

I think if this feature was to be implemented, a costly system would come with it. e.g. Better breed = Better tracking ability = Bigger cost. You would have to purchase food for the dog (maybe like the bill system in GTA online where a certain amount is deducted to provide electricity for your apartments).

It could be interesting though, let's say a player is hurt in a firefight or maybe has their hat shot off. The dog could sniff the hat or whatever and get the scent and lead you in the general direction.

iddqdvie

no radar blips are ok if we get a tracking eye (eagle eye online) 

so basically, all 32 players leave a track behind. long enough to make sense, so you can actually track a player over half the map. 

think about the possibilities!

djb204
22 hours ago, iddqdvie said:

no radar blips are ok if we get a tracking eye (eagle eye online) 

so basically, all 32 players leave a track behind. long enough to make sense, so you can actually track a player over half the map. 

think about the possibilities!

Does the player leave the track?

or

Does their horse leave the track?

or

If they steal a random horse, does it leave a track?

or If they are on a wagon or a train so they leave tracks?

or

If they travel on train tracks, bridges, or through water, do they leave a track?

Tracking Dogs would make sense because they would be following the players scent instead of following a track.

DentureDynamite

Hiding your tracks is pretty well covered already via the existing "scent covering lotion."

I would assume that having it simply wear off after a set amount of time is probably what Rockstar has planned already.

There are some other cool ideas Rockstar could explore on this though.

To further thwart being tracked by dogs, players could drop some kind of material on the trail poisonous to dogs or otherwise hampering their sense of smell.

Edited by DentureDynamite

djb204
On 11/13/2018 at 9:18 AM, DentureDynamite said:

Hiding your tracks is pretty well covered already via the existing "scent covering lotion."

I would assume that having it simply wear off after a set amount of time is probably what Rockstar already has planned.

There are some other cool ideas Rockstar could explore on this though.

To further thwart being tracked by dogs, players could drop some kind of material on the trail poisonous to dogs or otherwise hampering their sense of smell.

I like that. This would encourage players to purchase items to cover their scent. Maybe even being able to craft these things would be cool to.

R*Phenomenon

How cool would it be to own a dog.. which fetches your duck out of the water you just shot from the sky..  single or multiplayer.. take my money..

djb204
2 hours ago, R*Phenomenon said:

How cool would it be to own a dog.. which fetches your duck out of the water you just shot from the sky..  single or multiplayer.. take my money..

It could retrieve your hat if you drop it too.

What if it could learn new tricks too the same way horses do when their bonding level goes up. Tricks like attack on command would be cool.

R*Phenomenon
23 minutes ago, djb204 said:

It could retrieve your hat if you drop it too.

What if it could learn new tricks too the same way horses do when their bonding level goes up. Tricks like attack on command would be cool.

That would be awesome indeed! and if you see the behaviour of dogs in single player already, i guess something like that should be possible

IamCourtney

I want a dog to flush out and retrieve and a cat to catch varmints for me.

Watain

I'd also rather have no blips but traceable player tracks instead. Blue tracks for "general" players and red tracks for bad/bounty players, just like with ordinary and legendary animals respectively.

djb204

Only time will tell how Rockstar decides to handle blips, tracking, and dogs in RDR Online. We have a half month window until GTA Online releases, and still no new screenshots/vids. We should see something soon and HOPEFULLY it doesn’t disappoint.

iddqdvie
On 11/12/2018 at 9:25 AM, djb204 said:

Does the player leave the track?

or

Does their horse leave the track?

or

If they steal a random horse, does it leave a track?

or If they are on a wagon or a train so they leave tracks?

or

If they travel on train tracks, bridges, or through water, do they leave a track?

Tracking Dogs would make sense because they would be following the players scent instead of following a track.

good questions. 

the ridden horse leaves the track. saying „playernames track“ it should be easy to track someone because there are no blips.

itll be f*cking boring if 32 players wander around alone.

no tracks in water, or trains etc

White Shark

Tracking dogs would be an interesting idea.  I'm fully for having no blips of radar, and no fast travel.  Having a tracking dog that picks up on scents and helps assist in tracking an animal or bounty hunter would be interesting.

djb204
14 hours ago, iddqdvie said:

good questions. 

the ridden horse leaves the track. saying „playernames track“ it should be easy to track someone because there are no blips.

itll be f*cking boring if 32 players wander around alone.

no tracks in water, or trains etc

5 hours ago, White Shark said:

Tracking dogs would be an interesting idea.  I'm fully for having no blips of radar, and no fast travel.  Having a tracking dog that picks up on scents and helps assist in tracking an animal or bounty hunter would be interesting.

Have ya’ll ever had a high enough bounty where a large bounty hunter posse and multiple lawdogs are hunting you down? It’s pretty intense especially if you play without the HUD. Those bounty hunters could be on you before you know it. So intense, so fun lol

White Shark
8 minutes ago, djb204 said:

Have ya’ll ever had a high enough bounty where a large bounty hunter posse and multiple lawdogs are hunting you down? It’s pretty intense especially if you play without the HUD. Those bounty hunters could be on you before you know it. So intense, so fun lol

Haha no, I've always played at 90% to full honour, and avoid bounties at all cost.

djb204
2 minutes ago, White Shark said:

Haha no, I've always played at 90% to full honour, and avoid bounties at all cost.

I’d recommend trying life as a wanted man. Bounty hunters in every state looking for you. Townsfolk recognizing you. Lawmen with their lawdogs on your trail every step of the way. All this combined with no HUD, it’s one hell of a ride. Makes you wonder which day will be your last lol

White Shark
4 minutes ago, djb204 said:

I’d recommend trying life as a wanted man. Bounty hunters in every state looking for you. Townsfolk recognizing you. Lawmen with their lawdogs on your trail every step of the way. All this combined with no HUD, it’s one hell of a ride. Makes you wonder which day will be your last lol

That's the amazing thing about this game.  It not only lets you play how you want, but it changes the whole experience and mood for you as well.  Stunning masterpiece of a game.  I can't recall any game making me feel this much emotion before.  That's pretty damn special.

djb204
1 minute ago, White Shark said:

That's the amazing thing about this game.  It not only lets you play how you want, but it changes the whole experience and mood for you as well.  Stunning masterpiece of a game.  I can't recall any game making me feel this much emotion before.  That's pretty damn special.

Crossing my fingers Online delivers a similar experience.

White Shark
Just now, djb204 said:

Crossing my fingers Online delivers a similar experience.

Same here!