2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Penguin Bob

Why is there random members following me?

Penguin Bob

This seems to be happening to other members as well. The random people that keep following me seems to be new accounts. There's like 7 and 8 of them. I don't know how to post screenshots, but if you come to my profile, you will see lots of new members following me. Ignore the ones with the profile pictures.

Lucy_Woooolfe

^ Wow, and I thought I had the most (eight, too, count rising, he seems to think I care :) )

By the way he has started mimicking other forum members' names by now (including mine). How original...

Spider-Vice

It's a sad f*ck with too much time on their hands. We're banning them as they come, apologies for the hassle.

Penguin Bob
2 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

It's a sad f*ck with too much time on their hands. We're banning them as they come, apologies for the hassle.

Thank you.

ThatKyloRenGuy

I am experiencing the exact same problem as well.

1 hour ago, Spider-Vice said:

Sorry for the double post but I second Penguin Bob in thanking you. You are also correct, Spider-Vice, indefinitely.

Edited by ThatKyloRenGuy

AiraCobra
On 11/1/2018 at 7:09 PM, Penguin Bob said:

This seems to be happening to other members as well. The random people that keep following me seems to be new accounts. There's like 7 and 8 of them. I don't know how to post screenshots, but if you come to my profile, you will see lots of new members following me. Ignore the ones with the profile pictures.

On 11/1/2018 at 7:18 PM, Lucy_Woooolfe said:

^ Wow, and I thought I had the most (eight, too, count rising, he seems to think I care :) )

By the way he has started mimicking other forum members' names by now (including mine). How original...

There is a way to block this as well, Go to your profile (not profile settings) scroll down to Followers and click the little downward arrow and switch it too Don't allow users to follow me and it'll block any future attempts

30bf6645473d02180b0577b409980243.png

Edited by AiraCobra

Penguin Bob
2 minutes ago, AiraCobra said:

There is a way to block this as well, Go to your profile (not profile settings) scroll down to Followers and click the little downward arrow and switch it too Don't allow users to follow me and it'll block any future attempts

Thanks for the tip!

Lucy_Woooolfe
On 11/3/2018 at 1:29 AM, AiraCobra said:

30bf6645473d02180b0577b409980243.png

Thank you ❤ I really appreciate the help, fellow forumer friend; I often struggle with the user interface here, I am not shy to admit it. 🙂 

Actually I was aware of this one, and tried it, the day before yesterday. And I encountered two problems.

First, shutting down the list apparently also blocked existing and welcome followers from following. For a while the whole list appeared even deleted (turned out to be a bug however). I'm not sure about this, but the feature is a bit clunky, maybe you or someone else can clarify how these lists are supposed to work?

I also felt not comfortable with blocking future interested and legit people from following. Which brings me to ...

Secondly, right after shutting down, it occurred to me (again) that ducking away can't be a solution. Another forumer privately even suggested I should maybe keep "lower profile" in general, as one or two of my comments and my generally open minded attitude might have "caused" the unwanted attention. For particularly two days ago, the whole affair had a look of sexual harassment to it, penis avatars and suchlike, and some private messages and all.

I see the reasoning in "keeping low profile" (I'm posting less these days anyway, time management issues), I too often applied it, as every woman learns to do, but my inner bra-burning feminist always cries:

We don't stand back! 

Troll doesn't know how to behave, and I should start walking with lowered gaze and covering my hair?

- No, I don't think so ;) 

Maybe we need a feature just to selectively block, or at least hide, specific users from that list, instead of nuking the whole thing?

Edited by Lucy_Woooolfe

Penguin Bob
11 hours ago, Lucy_Woooolfe said:

Maybe we need a feature just to selectively block, or at least hide, specific users from that list, instead of nuking the whole thing?

Agreed. I was hoping there would be some kind of block feature on here, but I guess not. 🙁

Lucy_Woooolfe
17 hours ago, Penguin Bob said:

Agreed. I was hoping there would be some kind of block feature on here, but I guess not

You can at least block any content from known users (the whole "ignore user" settings). Little help however with accounts usually used kamikaze style for half a dozen posts before being fried, only to be replaced by the next batch.

And why banned accounts (as indeed most of them are within ten minutes) wouldn't just go invisible - that's clearly a bit sloppy design on the forum site software, isn't it? Just saying... 

There is indeed room for improvement here.

EDIT: What I mean is, besides blocking posts, messages etc. from a user, we should also be able to block specific user from following us. As a matter of fact, the current selection is contra-productive. While the clutter in the follower lists is complete unnecessary, I in fact very seldom block content; I don't care what this troll writes; report, done. Don't see what's in for the troll there. 

Edited by Lucy_Woooolfe

universetwisters

It's been a week and he's still doing it? That's some sad dedication right there

Penguin Bob

So I came back, and some guy named Splitkein PM'ed saying "f*ck you" and some weird ass text art. I think this has something to do with the new accounts following everyone because his account was new, and I disabled followers. Again, I don't know how to post screenshots on here, so I can't actually show you.

Edited by Penguin Bob

universetwisters
4 hours ago, Penguin Bob said:

So I came back, and some guy named Splitkein PM'ed saying "f*ck you" and some weird ass text art. I think this has something to do with the new accounts following everyone because his account was new, and I disabled followers. Again, I don't know how to post screenshots on here, so I can't actually show you.

1) hit printscreen

2) crop the text and save it

3) post it on imgur

4) post it here

Penguin Bob
1 minute ago, universetwisters said:

1) hit printscreen

2) crop the text and save it

3) post it on imgur

4) post it here

Thank you, but I already deleted the PM's. There was also another person who PM'ed me spamming "IM GONNA KILL U".

ThatKyloRenGuy

Just like Penguin Bob, I am STILL getting these like/follow spams as well! This spammer needs to get a life is what he/she needs to do!

Tacymist

Damn. I thought I was getting popular. :(

ThatKyloRenGuy

I am experiencing this problem and I think I might know who really is behind all of this nonsense. It could be one person or multiple people. It could possibly be any of the people listed below:

1. Syphn: A troll who I know on Discord.

2. Ceasornator: A guy on Discord who used to have common sense but then he hung out with Syphn, and became a troll.

3. Thom7: I banned him on a website called Real Life Villains Wikia (also known as the RLV Wiki) for accusing students and teachers from his school of wrongdoing and even manipulated me into believing him back from 2015-2016. Additionally, he has also been previously banned on Wikipedia as a vandal from 2006-2008 under different usernames such as Thedec and Declanthebullbull. The guy is a total attention seeker.

4. Caidin Johnson: A notorious vandal on Wikipedia, Wikia, and other websites, who may have come to vandalize this site as well.

5. Last but not least, it could be some troll on Encyclopedia Dramatica, KiwiFarms, or GTA Wikia. Mantiix, SuperMythGangsta, SaxonSword, and DarwinTrollSlayer are just a few names I know from those sites who could be behind this.

I also don’t know for a fact that it was any of the above people. For all I know, it could be someone else. There’s just a decent chance it could be any of them.

The reason as to why I say all of this is because I know how all of the above people work. Trust me.

I hope this info helps the admins, moderators, staff, and users who are also victims of this. :)

Edited by ThatKyloRenGuy

Femme Fatale

They already know who he is lol.

ThatKyloRenGuy
1 hour ago, Femme Fatale said:

Who is it?

mde2
On 11/9/2018 at 6:56 AM, Femme Fatale said:

DOnt leave us hanging who is it?

universetwisters
6 hours ago, mde2 said:

DOnt leave us hanging who is it?

idk man some kid with internet access

universetwisters

Seriously moderators is there any way to get fookinrekt or however it’s spelled to stop making new accounts every day? Disabling the FOLLOW USER system isn’t going to fix the problem, it’s just gonna mute it.

kid I know you’re reading this and I get it, it’s boring in the Netherlands and all but for f*cks sake if you’re gonna keep spamming a forum you got banned from a year or so ago then at least engage with others instead of just following people and leaving smh

Spider-Vice

Let's not give this little kiddie any more attention, he's already started feeding off of this topic.