3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

NoEasyDay

Bringing gang members with you

Wheatley131

I was hoping that it would be a feature in the game. In one of the trailer the narrator says "...explore alone, if you're brave enough..." indirectly implying that you can do that. I dunno, a lot of articles seemed to confirm this feature and so I was hyped for it. I feel a little bit let down that it's not a feature. Great game, just some things were told that aren't in the game. Here's hoping they overlooked it but I highly doubt it.

Edited by Wheatley131

bish0p2004
1 hour ago, Wheatley131 said:

I was hoping that it would be a feature in the game. In one of the trailer the narrator says "...explore alone, if you're brave enough..." indirectly implying that you can do that. I dunno, a lot of articles seemed to confirm this feature and so I was hyped for it. I feel a little bit let down that it's not a feature. Great game, just some things were told that aren't in the game. Here's hoping they overlooked it but I highly doubt it.

Yeah I remember that line.  They've always put out misleading trailers.  Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but it still sucks how they get you expecting things that aren't even in the game.

Edited by bish0p2004

Dangerous and sad
2 hours ago, ak-4seven said:

It's not false, they do loot dead bodies.

Just did the social call mission with bill and john. They do loot

jje1000
On 11/1/2018 at 6:51 PM, BossedupNocap said:

Yea bro Lenny and Bill followed me on horse back. But not only that, they shot who I shot at (or whoever shot at me) and they would dismount their horses and mount them again whenever I did. So they would follow me on foot and by horseback

This one is interesting because Arthur robs a bank in free roam (while Javier is in the bar for his first story mission), gets killed, and respawns with Javier following him:

The mechanics must be there, but they're just not activated.

Edited by jje1000

BossedupNocap

Just finished the game and suck my ass rockstar. I avoided all the spoilers. But it was a good ride. Bully 2 up next 🔥🔥

Dangerous and sad
1 hour ago, jje1000 said:

This one is interesting because Arthur robs a bank in free roam (while Javier is in the bar for his first story mission), gets killed, and respawns with Javier following him:

All this sh*t is just crazy tbh. Nice find man

BossedupNocap
5 hours ago, jje1000 said:

Yea great find bro

Gallows
7 hours ago, jje1000 said:

Brilliant, gives me hope they can patch it in. Perhaps the system had a few issues that they could not iron out before release. In a perfect world R* would have been transparent about it, but they have their own way and I can forgive them, because they are the one Company I can always count on to make great games that are not shallow experiences maskes by hamster wheel drip treats.

Hope they give us the feature later - would be great.

Dangerous and sad

I'm thinking of linking this thread to rockstar support so that they can see. Should I?

Gallows
3 minutes ago, Dangerous and sad said:

I'm thinking of linking this thread to rockstar support so that they can see. Should I?

Yes. They may be aware that people want it, but it would be very nice if they were to comment on it.

TheSantader25

I really do hope they add this feature but I highly doubt it.

At least I hope we find a reliable

glitch to make it work . it's honestly the only feature I miss in this awesome game. 

One of my best moments in this game was when I first arrived at Valentine(Before the bar fight mission) and killed someone. The whole town turned hostile and Javier jumped out of the saloon and started killing them for me like an absolute pro. It seemed like a badass full-blown town fight. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Dangerous and sad
1 hour ago, TheSantader25 said:

I really do hope they add this feature but I highly doubt it.

At least I hope we find a reliable

glitch to make it work . it's honestly the only feature I miss in this awesome game. 

One of my best moments in this game was when I first arrived at Valentine(Before the bar fight mission) and killed someone. The whole town turned hostile and Javier jumped out of the saloon and started killing them for me like an absolute pro. It seemed like a badass full-blown town fight. 

Yeah same. This game is a masterpiece with only this missing. I loved that Javier and sometimes charles come out sometimes to help you out in valentine. It has such infinite replay value this feature

Dangerous and sad

Got a reply back from rockstar support. Just the usual "we appreciate the feedback and will suggest it". I'll link this thread now.

kasa

Hope this can be some kind of dlc

jje1000
10 hours ago, Dangerous and sad said:

Got a reply back from rockstar support. Just the usual "we appreciate the feedback and will suggest it". I'll link this thread now.

Lol I got a response which was more or less useless:

Hello jje1000,

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support.

I understand that you have a concern regarding the offer, However, I would like to inform you that you will receive all the features of the game except the pre-order bonuses as they are not available now.

If you have any other concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,

Sushant C.

Rockstar Support

Pretty sure that the support line is more or less useless in regards to this, since it's likely call-centre staff who don't really know about game dev.

However I was on twitter and talking to the author of the Gamespot article:
https://twitter.com/EdmondTran/status/1058666372274696193

If anyone knows any other journalists or devs worth talking to, please let me know!

Edited by jje1000

Dangerous and sad

Read my comment. I'm the guy called themerchant.

Wheatley131

Tbh I'm just hoping they overlooked it that's all

Dangerous and sad

It just such a missed opportunity. They did it for GTA V with unique dialogues i'm sure they can do it here. Imagine hunting with Bill and Uncle. You would be stitches with the stuff coming out of there mouth. Hell I would take no dialogue at all(During riding) cause beggars can't be choosers. Just to have someone watch my back when I rob a store or start a fight in the saloon.  I'm taking a break from RDR2, i've slightly lost my motivation to play it for the time being.

Dangerous and sad

Linked the thread and got a reply again after I linked it. Said they knew how much of a fun feature it is and was in Red dead redemption(I don't think it was in it though) and that they would suggest it. Nice to see that they actually read my message and specifically mentioned gang members free-roam rather than the generic "We'l take it on board". Gives me confidence that they will somewhat consider it. I'm realistic and know that a focus on online will be happening soon enough due to its launch so i'm not expecting anything anytime soon :)

jje1000
2 hours ago, Dangerous and sad said:

Linked the thread and got a reply again after I linked it. Said they knew how much of a fun feature it is and was in Red dead redemption(I don't think it was in it though) and that they would suggest it. Nice to see that they actually read my message and specifically mentioned gang members free-roam rather than the generic "We'l take it on board". Gives me confidence that they will somewhat consider it. I'm realistic and know that a focus on online will be happening soon enough due to its launch so i'm not expecting anything anytime soon :) 

Could you post the reply here (without any personal info)?

Dangerous and sad
54 minutes ago, jje1000 said:

Could you post the reply here (without any personal info)?

There are serious spoilers in it. Sorry :(

Wheatley131
59 minutes ago, Dangerous and sad said:

There are serious spoilers in it. Sorry :(

You can DM me the message if you want. Just curious what they said that's all, if that's okay with you.

jje1000
15 minutes ago, Wheatley131 said:

You can DM me the message if you want. Just curious what they said that's all, if that's okay with you.

Same here, just curious to see if we can do some more reading between the lines.

Dangerous and sad

Have you both finished the game? looooooooooooool. I'm such a fool. f*ckED UP big time sorry. There are no spoilers in the support message only mine. Here it is:Hello temi4328, Thank you for getting back to us. I understand you want the feature to free roam with your gang members in RDR2. I knew this was fun feature in Red Dead Redemption. We always love hearing feedback and suggestion from your players. We will send this suggestion to our team. If you have any concerns regarding the game please contact us again. Best Regards, Astitva C. Rockstar Support

Edited by Dangerous and sad

NoEasyDay
1 hour ago, Dangerous and sad said:

Have you both finished the game? looooooooooooool. I'm such a fool. f*ckED UP big time sorry. There are no spoilers in the support message only mine. Here it is:Hello temi4328, Thank you for getting back to us. I understand you want the feature to free roam with your gang members in RDR2. I knew this was fun feature in Red Dead Redemption. We always love hearing feedback and suggestion from your players. We will send this suggestion to our team. If you have any concerns regarding the game please contact us again. Best Regards, Astitva C. Rockstar Support

Good job dangerous. Glad to see them take suggestion into consideration. Now, we wait! 

Dangerous and sad
8 hours ago, NoEasyDay said:

Good job dangerous. Glad to see them take suggestion into consideration. Now, we wait! 

Least I could do :). Just hope others are doing the same. Not like we're demanding to have Bully 2 or anything like that or even SP DLC for GTA V. Just a simple feature :)

HockeyMike24

I definitely feel mislead that's for sure. They clearly stated you can bring gang members along in free roam or go by yourself in the gameplay trailer. They made it clear they were not talking about missions or activites. Because there is no choice, they are just apart of the mission or they are not. 

I do hope they add it / finish it but I doubt it. Wasn't the Hunter or Hydra in GTA V's trailer? That didn't make it into release either.

Dangerous and sad

Coolest thing happened to me. Not really free-roam related but as I was roaming through valentine(Way after bar fight mission) I saw Escuella come up to me completely out of nowhere. Told me that Bill was being captive by bounty hunters, I had a choice to accept or reject, accepted of course. A nice mini-side mission to rescue bill. Wondering if this has happened to anyone else

Satanta

Yeah, no grab people at camp and roam around with them, hell, half the camp is never there anyway as the Bug already noted  Imagine being able to grab John or Sadie and go roaming around, Bill, Javier.   Funny, in the first game these guys were dicks but now it appears John is a Dick-have not hit the end yet but I suspect I know how some of it plays out and why John ended up hunting them in RDR.

The horse is about the only interactive character on a consistent basis.

At least I have not had eight bears, two cougars and a pack of wolves attacking me all at once so far.

st s

Love the game but overall it feels like an updated RDR overall.  The "NPCs alive in the world and have lives beyond just when the player is around"  Nah, not really.   And the camp is just one big piss-n-moan group of whiners.   They are all 'Going hungry' and whining about it when there is a f8cking lake RIGHT THERE to fish in and most of them fish so go frellin' FISH.

Heck it would be alright if some of them would go fish with you more than just a couple of side things,

H

44 minutes ago, Dangerous and sad said:

Coolest thing happened to me. Not really free-roam related but as I was roaming through valentine(Way after bar fight mission) I saw Escuella come up to me completely out of nowhere. Told me that Bill was being captive by bounty hunters, I had a choice to accept or reject, accepted of course. A nice mini-side mission to rescue bill. Wondering if this has happened to anyone else

Not sure about that particular one but I've had a couple of them ride up demanding I return to camp and how Dutch was 'worried' about me to get back and have Dutch bitch at me with "FOOD OR MONEY ARTHUR!"

Dangerous and sad
1 hour ago, Satanta said:

Yeah, no grab people at camp and roam around with them, hell, half the camp is never there anyway as the Bug already noted  Imagine being able to grab John or Sadie and go roaming around, Bill, Javier.   Funny, in the first game these guys were dicks but now it appears John is a Dick-have not hit the end yet but I suspect I know how some of it plays out and why John ended up hunting them in RDR.

The horse is about the only interactive character on a consistent basis.

At least I have not had eight bears, two cougars and a pack of wolves attacking me all at once so far.

st s

Love the game but overall it feels like an updated RDR overall.  The "NPCs alive in the world and have lives beyond just when the player is around"  Nah, not really.   And the camp is just one big piss-n-moan group of whiners.   They are all 'Going hungry' and whining about it when there is a f8cking lake RIGHT THERE to fish in and most of them fish so go frellin' FISH.

Heck it would be alright if some of them would go fish with you more than just a couple of side things,

H

Not sure about that particular one but I've had a couple of them ride up demanding I return to camp and how Dutch was 'worried' about me to get back and have Dutch bitch at me with "FOOD OR MONEY ARTHUR!"

Nah it's different. I'm trying to activate that right now, would love to see it happen. As much as I love dutch(would be up there on my list to free-roam with), he's f*cking useless at camp. He's really just all talk. I don't see him hunting or leaving the camp at all. Guess he's got the Molly O shea disease