Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
djb204

Money To Spend, Nothing To Buy!!!

Recommended Posts

djb204

I have all the clothes and accessories, all the guns upgraded and customized. No bounty to pay off. My stable is full with maxed out customized horses. I don’t know what to spend my money on. The only thing that requires money now are depleting resources such as provisions and tonics, but the majority of these can be crafted too.

 

I think this game needs more purchasable content. What can I buy when I have everything? Am I missing something?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nutduster

Where did you get that much money? I snagged the 4 easily-available gold bars in act 2 but it's nowhere near enough to buy everything that you bought.

 

Fundamentally, I don't think this is (or should be) a game about acquisition of stuff.  It's pretty deep with customization but like the original RDR, this is a game about existing in the world and experiencing the narrative, not accumulating massive amounts of expensive and cool sh*t.  GTA Online it is not.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shadowfennekin

Premium cigars

Get 19, but a pack get a card. Smoke a pack so you're at 19, buy another pack and repeat.

 

I mean I want to complete the mission but don't anyone have the time to gather all 120 without exploiting lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MjrOu812

This isn't GTA 5, where cars boats and helicopters cost $100.000 and more? This world takes place in 1880?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BatLB

I was also hoping they have some nice Price Horses for 10.000< Dollar, Transportwagons to buy (For example to transport more skins at the same time) or even the first Cars of the Era (1899 Mercedes already had its first car). Sadly you can catch the 2. best horse in the first 20 minutes of the game and money gets obsolete. I also have about 2000 Dollar on hand and its pretty useless. I decided to just unlock the hunting stuff by farming skins instead of the focus on money and just bring everything to pearsons.
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
3 hours ago, Shadowfennekin said:

Premium cigars

Get 19, but a pack get a card. Smoke a pack so you're at 19, buy another pack and repeat.

 

I mean I want to complete the mission but don't anyone have the time to gather all 120 without exploiting lmao

Lol...

 

GTA:O syndrome. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0223998743

Gold bars glitch..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
djb204
5 hours ago, Nutduster said:

Where did you get that much money? I snagged the 4 easily-available gold bars in act 2 but it's nowhere near enough to buy everything that you bought.

 

Fundamentally, I don't think this is (or should be) a game about acquisition of stuff.  It's pretty deep with customization but like the original RDR, this is a game about existing in the world and experiencing the narrative, not accumulating massive amounts of expensive and cool sh*t.  GTA Online it is not.

I finished the game. I don’t want to spoil anything so that is all I’ll say. I understand that the game isn’t suppose to be about material things like GTA, but I just had to ask because my money is just sitting there. I don’t know what to do with it. I don’t see a need to continue making money via outlaw activities because I don’t need more money. I guess I just have to let it accumulate.

4 hours ago, Shadowfennekin said:

Premium cigars

Get 19, but a pack get a card. Smoke a pack so you're at 19, buy another pack and repeat.

 

I mean I want to complete the mission but don't anyone have the time to gather all 120 without exploiting lmao

I don’t use exploits. I didn’t want to spoil the story by going online reading about RDR2. That is probably why I grinded through the story, I wanted to experience it, not read about it or be told about it. I beat it legitimately.

4 hours ago, MjrOu812 said:

This isn't GTA 5, where cars boats and helicopters cost $100.000 and more? This world takes place in 1880?

Trust me I get that and I know that. I love this game more then I did RDR1. I love that western setting and experiencing that era. All I’m saying is that once you have everything in this game, our money has no purpose. I ain’t asking Rockstar to add luxury content for the sake of having material things, but money does lose its purpose in the end unfortunately. You’ll see what I mean when you get there.

4 hours ago, BatLB said:

I was also hoping they have some nice Price Horses for 10.000< Dollar, Transportwagons to buy (For example to transport more skins at the same time) or even the first Cars of the Era (1899 Mercedes already had its first car). Sadly you can catch the 2. best horse in the first 20 minutes of the game and money gets obsolete. I also have about 2000 Dollar on hand and its pretty useless. I decided to just unlock the hunting stuff by farming skins instead of the focus on money and just bring everything to pearsons.
 

Exactly. More clothing options, more horses, the ability to purchase wagons, etc. I bought every item (not because I wanted those guns or clothing), but just because I had nothing better to do with the money.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
4 hours ago, MjrOu812 said:

This isn't GTA 5, where cars boats and helicopters cost $100.000 and more? This world takes place in 1880?

 

1899 is more like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
djb204
35 minutes ago, anthony said:

Gold bars glitch..?

No no, I don’t even know what that is. I didn’t go online after launch in fear of spoiling the story. I grinded the story because I wanted to experience it first hand. (it was awesome). I don’t want to spoil it, but you won’t be poor in the end. The only problem is you won’t know what to do with the money at a certain point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0223998743
2 minutes ago, djb204 said:

No no, I don’t even know what that is. I didn’t go online after launch in fear of spoiling the story. I grinded the story because I wanted to experience it first hand. (it was awesome). I don’t want to spoil it, but you won’t be poor in the end. The only problem is you won’t know what to do with the money at a certain point.

Oh okay, I'm at the beginning of Chapter 3 so I'm not exactly sure but I guess that's just how it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chrometokyo

Customize your guns, go hunt bounties and hunt for gang hideouts. Or go try to get every trophy that’s available so far.

 

There’s always something to do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
djb204
1 hour ago, winter.ak said:

Customize your guns, go hunt bounties and hunt for gang hideouts. Or go try to get every trophy that’s available so far.

 

There’s always something to do

Guns are fully customized. As for hunting bounties, etc. I do engage in all the activities this world has to offer. I get paid more money for completing all these side activities, but what am I supposed to do with all this money? That is the question.

 

When there is nothing left to buy, what’s the point of accumulating money? Sure there are the necessities like bullets, food, tonics, etc, but even those purchases barely tickle the wallet. Rockstar should add some type of feature that requires constant payment, that would encourage players to continue seeking out money. Just a thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BatLB

If you are not dying every 10 minutes, at some point your money just piles up. Even if you buy all the recipes at the Fence, premium cigarettes for the cards etc. etc. etc. There is just not enough to do with the money, especially if they want to empathize being a criminal attacking stagecoaches and robbing banks. In GTA V you could do stuff with the money, buy businesses, different vehicles and stuff - There was alot of potential in RDR2 to extend on that. Invest in farms, breed own horses, buy horses and wagons on auctions, import/export wares and nothing was used. its definitely disappointing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mach1bud
6 hours ago, djb204 said:

When there is nothing left to buy, what’s the point of accumulating money? Sure there are the necessities like bullets, food, tonics, etc, but even those purchases barely tickle the wallet. Rockstar should add some type of feature that requires constant payment, that would encourage players to continue seeking out money. Just a thought.

There is no point. Just like every other game Rockstar has ever made. After you buy everything, there is no reason to make more money. Been that way since GTA III.

 

At least with this game, there is a huge assortment of things to complete if you get bored. Try to complete the Compendium. It doesn't all have to be about making money.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HockeyMike24

I've been sitting comfortably at around $4000. Go find some charities in Saint Denis to donate your money to. Like others have said, this isn't GTAO. Once you're 30+ hours in you can pretty much buy anything you want.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
unicornace
15 hours ago, McGhee said:

Some people....

lol ...right?  This entire planet is hooked on greed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ajheadshot777

I think R* is saving the need to buy stuff for RDR2 online, just as they did with GTAO. Clever business tactic if I'm right. 

 

Just imagine in the online version, you could buy mansions, prize horses, land, a ton more clothing options, more weapons, etc. I don't see most of us spending hours grinding pelts and bounties to afford such things (and I'm about 100% certain the gold bar glitch won't be in online).

 

I can see R* thinking they want to get us fully immersed in the base game, do all there is to offer, and then feel the need for more, and then deliver that in the online version... and of course that equals lots of $hark cards. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
20 minutes ago, unicornace said:

lol ...right?  This entire planet is hooked on greed

 

lol, I must be living on another planet....., always known...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CosmicBuffalo

Many of the things for your campsite require perfect pelts.   I think it may be time to go hunting because its sounds like you beat the story. Maybe you hunted everything as well.   There are lots of acheivements as well to try an earn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tonesta

There was an article on Forbes about this very issue yesterday [Minor Spoilers about a single mission] - https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2018/10/31/something-seems-very-wrong-with-red-dead-redemption-2s-economy/#7e8cf881b212

 

I'm early in the game, and it's certainly the case that money is tight and there's lots of things that I want to buy that I can't.

It sounds like that dissipates as you progress through the game until ultimately money is fairly meangingless.

 

As has been said, this has basically been the case for most Rockstar games. So if you enjoy the struggle of trying to make ends meet, you need to spend much more time in the early parts of the game and not rush through the storyline!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
djb204
4 hours ago, Mach1bud said:

There is no point. Just like every other game Rockstar has ever made. After you buy everything, there is no reason to make more money. Been that way since GTA III.

 

At least with this game, there is a huge assortment of things to complete if you get bored. Try to complete the Compendium. It doesn't all have to be about making money.

I’ll finish the side things eventually. All I’m saying is they could/should add something like land tax payments to the bank or something that takes a piece of your money every so often. That way there is a balance. You actually feel like your working for something. (bills to pay)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin

Bodes well for online if cash is easier to have.

 

They can go nuts cashing in on cards, so long as the game isn't as warped as GTA:O.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25

Cause hell everywhere. Pay your bounties. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
djb204
52 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

Cause hell everywhere. Pay your bounties. 😉

Seems the be the only option unfortunately 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
djb204

I got about $15,000 legit end game cash (storyline). Hopefully that will help others commenting here wondering what I’m taking about it. “Too much cash” lol I’ll happily take it, but I can’t spend it lol. Burning a hole in my pocket. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mach1bud
3 hours ago, djb204 said:

I’ll finish the side things eventually. All I’m saying is they could/should add something like land tax payments to the bank or something that takes a piece of your money every so often. That way there is a balance. You actually feel like your working for something. (bills to pay)

To each their own I guess. That sounds like a horrible idea to me. Bills were one of the worst things to ever happen to GTAO.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DirtCheap

Why not pay for:

 

  • Outfits
  • Crafting recipes
  • Guns
  • Horses
  • Talismans/Trinkets
  • Bounties
  • Provisions (cigs)
  • Etc.
Edited by DirtCheap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
deadx23
21 minutes ago, djb204 said:

I got about $15,000 legit end game cash (storyline). Hopefully that will help others commenting here wondering what I’m taking about it. “Too much cash” lol I’ll happily take it, but I can’t spend it lol. Burning a hole in my pocket. 

So, i should be good with $120k? 😮 I was going to ""earn"" "lol" more but now I think not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.