4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

KENNYOUT3

The RDR2 Beta Hunt

Darealbandicoot
2 hours ago, Implicitly said:

So wait, the Legendary Catfish does exist than and was a whole side mission, or whatever, but they cut it and act as if it was just a "myth" to f*ck with people? Wow, at least we know now. Wonder about the Princess. It pisses me off all of this got cut (including New Austin.) ..... So there's a chance Mexico was going to play a part in the story?

f*ck. :(

They're probably hiding so much stuff like heavy quality content IMO......  I wonder if the files still are there..

The Legendary catfish is even marked on the special edition map as well as other legendary fish. 

DirtCheap

Why did R* even put the Legendary Channel Catfish on the map anyway?

Like what's the point in the Legendary Channel Catfish? You never catch it or see it in person. Not to mention, what will we even do with this fish? And where would we keep it? I don't see why R* couldn't make catching the fish part of the mission, and then having to sell it off as the other part of the mission (similar to the side-mission with the white mountain lion). Or better yet, John bringing it to Beecher's Hope to keep as a trophy.

Exciting ideas aside, I think R* could not be bothered, and just left it to the web to make it another of R*'s games' unknown myths.

U-N-I-T-Y
Posted (edited)

It seems like Fort Wallace was originally supposed to be in the Grizzlies East, according to the Index (marked in a red box, bottom left corner).

6pyfl1F.jpg

Edited by U-N-I-T-Y

a z
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, U-N-I-T-Y said:

It seems like Fort Wallace was originally supposed to be in the Grizzlies East, according to the Index (marked in a red box, bottom left corner).

original_rdr2pic.PNG?token=Duyvw0KtoysCD

Ah yes! -- I notices this very same "Wanted" area last month with no idea why. 

You spotting the Fort Wallace part makes me think of the leaked map...

...aaaaand, this spot under "G+R" of "Grizzles" matches up exactly where it was on the leaked map!

Spoiler

ORjLdKv.jpg

Edited by a z

DirtCheap

Looking at the old map, we can see that Cochinay was a gang hideout, rather than a Point of Interest, and was probably owned by the Skinner Brothers.

However, there was another gang hideout located (where Van Horn is located in-game) called Tallulah Jetty.

Image result for tallulah jetty

However, which gang would have been there?

Was there a seventh gang present in the game? Five gangs in the game each have a hideout:

• The O'Driscolls owned Six Point Cabin and Hanging Dog Ranch.
  • The Lemoyne Raiders own Shady Belle.
  • The Murfee Brood own Beaver Hollow.
  • The Laramie Gang own Hanging Dog Ranch in the Epilogue.
  • The Lobos own Thieves Landing and Fort Mercer (and Twin Rocks if you got the Special or Ultimate Edition)

(As said above, the Skinner Brothers probably occupied Cochinay as it's in Tall Trees)

I don't think it was the Night Folk as it was located in Roanoke Ridge, not the bayou.

BallinBallas

I wonder how much dialogue & content was cut out from the Callander boys. Considering the game was supposed to start out west and include the blackwater robbery. Davey Callander also had a detailed NPC model used for all of three seconds. 

RJX74
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, DirtCheap said:

Looking at the old map, we can see that Cochinay was a gang hideout, rather than a Point of Interest, and was probably owned by the Skinner Brothers.

However, there was another gang hideout located (where Van Horn is located in-game) called Tallulah Jetty.

Image result for tallulah jetty

However, which gang would have been there?

Was there a seventh gang present in the game? Five gangs in the game each have a hideout:

• The O'Driscolls owned Six Point Cabin and Hanging Dog Ranch.
  • The Lemoyne Raiders own Shady Belle.
  • The Murfee Brood own Beaver Hollow.
  • The Laramie Gang own Hanging Dog Ranch in the Epilogue.
  • The Lobos own Thieves Landing and Fort Mercer (and Twin Rocks if you got the Special or Ultimate Edition)

(As said above, the Skinner Brothers probably occupied Cochinay as it's in Tall Trees)

I don't think it was the Night Folk as it was located in Roanoke Ridge, not the bayou.

There's a "Tallulah Jetty gang" in the newspapers in the epilogue. It's probably them.

D2cD5_jWoAI3S3E.jpg:large

Edited by RJX74

DirtCheap
On 3/24/2019 at 6:42 AM, RJX74 said:

There's a "Tallulah Jetty gang" in the newspapers in the epilogue. It's probably them.

D2cD5_jWoAI3S3E.jpg:large

Well that clears up everything then.

Still, there's no Tallulah Jetty in the game.

Vladistar_895

As seen in trailers Arthur Morgan could go to Blackwater without being wanted(maybe story started after the Blackwater robbery;or it didn't happen),also some Del Lobo members are seen in a dessert city(so maybe originally New Austin would have more missions and been more important).

RJX74
Posted (edited)
Spoiler

Dutch's original line was: "My boy! My precious boy. I didn't have a choice."

They cut the part where he calls John his precious boy lol.

Edited by RJX74

Tuskin38
On 3/28/2019 at 1:40 AM, RJX74 said:
  Hide contents

Dutch's original line was: "My boy! My precious boy. I didn't have a choice."

They cut the part where he calls John his precious boy lol.

Spoiler

Or it might just be John misremembering.

Darealbandicoot
On 3/26/2019 at 4:02 PM, Vladistar_895 said:

As seen in trailers Arthur Morgan could go to Blackwater without being wanted(maybe story started after the Blackwater robbery;or it didn't happen),also some Del Lobo members are seen in a dessert city(so maybe originally New Austin would have more missions and been more important).

Yes Arthur was meant to go to New Austin and Blackwater at some point since he has dialogue recorded for them and has outfits exclusive to the shops. 

Also, the Del Lobo event happens in Armadillo in the Epilogue. Its currently unknown if Arthur has dialogue for all New Austin random encounters since if you play as him, NPCS like the Armadillo Town crier or the Strawberry priest will remain silent talking to him despite the Strawberry priest having dialogue for Arthur pre Epilogue. 

LorshZontek
On 3/21/2019 at 8:16 PM, U-N-I-T-Y said:

6pyfl1F.jpg

I always wondered why that area showed wanted dead or alive 

AnthMUFC-Champs
Posted (edited)
On 3/23/2019 at 11:00 PM, BallinBallas said:

I wonder how much dialogue & content was cut out from the Callander boys. Considering the game was supposed to start out west and include the blackwater robbery. Davey Callander also had a detailed NPC model used for all of three seconds. 

Since when was this confirmed? I always thought this was just a "wild theory" and that there wasn't any sufficient evidence supporting this though? 

Edited by AnthMUFC-Champs

crazedZ10

looks like you could ride gang member horses originally. I loaded into the game and no horse at camp (apart from mine) had a saddle and they were all rideable

Darealbandicoot
4 hours ago, crazedZ10 said:

looks like you could ride gang member horses originally. I loaded into the game and no horse at camp (apart from mine) had a saddle and they were all rideable

Yep. Already known but good to remind us nonetheless. 

BallinBallas
Posted (edited)

It’s probably been mentioned before, but in the Help section of the pause menu, there are different photos of Arthur for each subsection. For the one labeled “General” there is what appears tae be him overlooking Twin Rocks. I thought that was pretty cool tae be left in there. 

Edited by BallinBallas
*tae, not “tae”

Darealbandicoot

The outfit you wear when robbing the Valentine bank was meant to be added to your wardrobe. It's called "Robbery Outfit" and shows up on your horse if you restart from a checkpoint kind of like The Wittemore. 

LorshZontek
41 minutes ago, Darealbandicoot said:

The outfit you wear when robbing the Valentine bank was meant to be added to your wardrobe. It's called "Robbery Outfit" and shows up on your horse if you restart from a checkpoint kind of like The Wittemore. 

wonder why they were never added could be a bug or just rockstar being rockstar 

Hetraet
On 11/3/2018 at 2:42 AM, KENNYOUT3 said:

Trailer 1 (October 18 2016) spoNE9E.jpg

Final                                    red-dead-redemption-2-dead-animal-horse-

I'd like the 2016 version to be the final one...much better and western looking imo

Darealbandicoot
46 minutes ago, LorshZontek said:

wonder why they were never added could be a bug or just rockstar being rockstar 

Rockstar being Rockstar I suppose. 

El mercenario
On 3/12/2019 at 11:50 PM, Darealbandicoot said:

Right. Here is the mission

Also notice how Jeremy spotted the catfish near Frontera Bridge in Rio Bravo. Frontera Bridge is the railway bridge that connects Mexico to New Austin yet is nowhere to be seen in RDR2. 

(spoilers)

There is an interesting myth in the spanish-speaking community of RDR2 that says the game has a secret ending, where Arthur survives and reaches New Austin.

Equatecurl
4 hours ago, Hetraet said:

I'd like the 2016 version to be the final one...much better and western looking imo

But we’re not in the west. 

2 hours ago, El mercenario said:

(spoilers)

There is an interesting myth in the spanish-speaking community of RDR2 that says the game has a secret ending, where Arthur survives and reaches New Austin.

And what exactly is the prerequisite for this myth

Equatecurl

In 1.00 “hunted” will appear on the screen like in the gameplay trailer when you get into a fight with bounty hunters and you lose honor for killing them. 

LorshZontek

Version 1.00 seems like a much earlier version of the game like its a late beta build of the game compared to 1.02 and beyond 

3 minutes ago, LorshZontek said:

Version 1.00 seems like a much earlier version of the game like its a late beta build of the game compared to 1.02 and beyond 

1.00 just seems to have more beta content in it than anything after it  

cp1dell
15 hours ago, Equatecurl said:

In 1.00 “hunted” will appear on the screen like in the gameplay trailer when you get into a fight with bounty hunters and you lose honor for killing them. 

I’m not sure about the honor thing, but I’m pretty sure the “Hunted” display was available in whatever version the release/day one patch was. I think I remember it being there when I was playing it.

Not sure why they removed it. It was a nice detail.

MrEdcar007

Dynamite icon (maybe more?) in the inventory has changed since the Online Update.

Darealbandicoot
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, cp1dell said:

I’m not sure about the honor thing, but I’m pretty sure the “Hunted” display was available in whatever version the release/day one patch was. I think I remember it being there when I was playing it.

Not sure why they removed it. It was a nice detail.

In 1.00 you lose honour for killing bounty hunters for some reason and yes, the "HUNTED" icon was there in version 1.02. Ever since the Online update 1.03 the game has gone to sh*t with downgrades and small details like this gone. 

2 hours ago, LorshZontek said:

1.00 just seems to have more beta content in it than anything after it  

Look at John's weathered holster in 1.00 for example. It uniquely behaves like it's tied to his leg like in the first ever artwork of RDR2 and his actual holster in RDR1 and John's actual hair texture overlay randomly popping up. 

Edited by Darealbandicoot

El mercenario
On 4/7/2019 at 8:47 PM, Equatecurl said:

But we’re not in the west. 

And what exactly is the prerequisite for this myth

Sadly still to this day nobody figure it out, some say that maybe you will a unlock a secret chapter that arthur escapes to new austin with mary but he has still TB, or some other say that arthur will never get tuberculosis and will make it to the end.

Darealbandicoot
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, El mercenario said:

Sadly still to this day nobody figure it out, some say that maybe you will a unlock a secret chapter that arthur escapes to new austin with mary but he has still TB, or some other say that arthur will never get tuberculosis and will make it to the end.

Sadly its just that. A myth. The game is coded to keep Arthur out of New Austin at all costs even in the Epilogue. Your scripted to get TB. No way around it. 

Also a part of the 100% completion is visiting Arthur's grave. 

Edited by Darealbandicoot