4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

KENNYOUT3

The RDR2 Beta Hunt

DirtCheap

grizzly bears bluff charge when threatened

This may have been a beta feature as I've never seen a grizzly bluff-charge when threatened. All they do is charge at you once they see you.

Cutter De Blanc

Somebody mentioned an icon showing up At Ft. Riggs. I just noticed Ft Riggs Holding Camp is listed as an event area on the beta map, so maybe that place was supposed to change over time

I wonder if the player was orginally supposed to have burned the place down or whatever happened to it

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

Darealbandicoot
On 1/31/2019 at 5:51 PM, Cutter De Blanc said:

Also another indication of Guarma being explorable is the fact that the player can get a bounty there. 

Edited by Darealbandicoot

Darealbandicoot

Gang member horses could originally be borrowed by the player. 

Fluffy Sock

^Always wanted to adopt Silver Dollar during Chapter 6.......😩

Jutland

I’ve now got the official game guide book. What a thing of beauty it is too.

The book clearly is a companion to the finished version of the game, not any beta version. But there’s a weird sentence on one of the map pages that seems like it was written for an earlier version of the game, which then slipped through by accident.

It’s page 270 (if you have a copy of the book) and shows a map of northern Cholla Springs. It shows the location of the Otis Miller treasure, and the caption says quite specifically treasure is “only accessible from Epilogue 1 onwards.”

The problem, however, is that the entire map is only accessible from Epilogue 1 onwards. So there’s no need to specify that that particular treasure is locked until the epilogue, because everything on that page and all the pages around it (becuase they are maps of New Austin) are all locked anyway. Armadillo is on the same page, and in the finished game Armadillo is only accessible from Epilogue 1 onwards, but the book doesn’t bother to say so, so why say so for the Otis Miller treasure? Donkey Lady is on the same page; she is only accessible from the epilogue onwards, but the book doesn’t bother to say so. So why is Otis Miller different?

Specifying in writing that the Otis Miller treasure is locked until the epilogue only really makes sense if the rest of New Austin can be unlocked before the epilogue. Armadillo, Donkey Lady and everything. 

So this leads me to think that New Austin could indeed be visited in a beta version, that this visit happened during the main story (ie before any epilogue), that the maps for the guide book were written during this stage, and that New Austin was then dropped from the story section of the game but they forgot to update the map captions in the official guide.

Edited by Jutland
Edited for clarity

Equatecurl

Johns train robbery was supposed to happen after meeting milton with jack by the river, arthur mentions milton finds him at the end of the robbery even if you didnt do that mission yet

Maddened_Ghost

Interesting thing about the map I've seen here, 4 months ago a website released some info about the game and reading it now caught my attention, the writer said  " In the six hours I played I only got to see a small part of Blackwater " which is strange, I would assume Rockstar wouldn't let them play after the Epilogues, so they were probably playing as Arthur in Blackwater, which isn't supposed to happen in the current build of the game without glitching.

maybe the "Wanted dead or alive" has only been added the game very shortly before the release or maybe Rockstar devs did some magic like what they have done in the gameplay trailer.

Equatecurl
15 minutes ago, Maddened_Ghost said:

Interesting thing about the map I've seen here, 4 months ago a website released some info about the game and reading it now caught my attention, the writer said  " In the six hours I played I only got to see a small part of Blackwater " which is strange, I would assume Rockstar wouldn't let them play after the Epilogues, so they were probably playing as Arthur in Blackwater, which isn't supposed to happen in the current build of the game without glitching.

maybe the "Wanted dead or alive" has only been added the game very shortly before the release or maybe Rockstar devs did some magic like what they have done in the gameplay trailer.

Or he did the mission where you save sean

Maddened_Ghost
1 minute ago, Equatecurl said:

Or he did the mission where you save sean

hmmm yeah I think that's correct, thinking about it now he didn't say that he was in there, he just saw a small part of it, which is probably what was shown in that mission from the top of the cliff.

a z

Letting each early reviewer explore a specific location only they play is a great way of knowing exactly who leaked what if it's leaked.  😛

Darealbandicoot

Arthur's jacket was a creamy yellow duster in trailer 1. 

Motka
23 hours ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Arthur's jacket was a creamy yellow duster in trailer 1. 

Better angle

wyKnVH5.jpg

Edited by Motka

Darealbandicoot
1 minute ago, Motka said:

Also noticed that the longer bandanas NPC gang members wear was the player's default bandana as well. 

Motka

Is it me or does Arthur's hair color look more like a dark brown in the 2nd trailer than the dirty blonde color in the final game? It may just be the lighting but I don't know.uIPOjRX.jpg

Darealbandicoot
4 hours ago, Motka said:

Is it me or does Arthur's hair color look more like a dark brown in the 2nd trailer than the dirty blonde color in the final game? It may just be the lighting but I don't know.uIPOjRX.jpg

It's the lighting. 

Cutter De Blanc
7 minutes ago, Darealbandicoot said:

I myself wouldn't have been aware of it if I hadn't seen this topic

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/200179-red-dead-redemption-2/77473405

Still waiting on the original poster to say if they're running an unpatched version. 

Cutter De Blanc

Okay, yeah, the guy was running an unpatched version.

It doesn't say fill your cores,  I was mistaken, it says "Whether traveling, brawling, hunting, or relaxing by the fireside, be the best that you can be. Max out your health stamina and deadeye 27 times." which is even more vague

Looks like they replaced it with getting them to level 10, which is redundant since they get to level 10 from doing all the challenges which is also part of 100%

Also it sounds like it resets when you switch to John, which could possibly account for over 100% completion if you can check it off twice

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

happygrowls

1NtyQU0.png

charles had his mohawk cut before Chapter 5 (note Hosea in Background, and not in Beaver Hollow)

opKuxf3.png

this is either a cut mission with Bill and Lenny or Lenny was going to be alongside you in American Distillation (which had a more stealthier element to it it seems)

XCxfTnz.png

100% sure this is the legendary bear, it looks like it was in a different location next to the dakota river (cannot confirm, the surrounding area looks like the West Elizabeth/New Hanover border)

VPAwQDa.png

iLDBBib.png

Archie Downes doesn't wear a jacket, and the lighting looks different, either diff time of day or just different lighting?

MarlboroMan1995
On 1/31/2019 at 11:51 AM, Cutter De Blanc said:

Somebody mentioned an icon showing up At Ft. Riggs. I just noticed Ft Riggs Holding Camp is listed as an event area on the beta map, so maybe that place was supposed to change over time

I wonder if the player was orginally supposed to have burned the place down or whatever happened to it

I had alradey visited ft. Riggs much earlier before this occurred for me. After I met the drunk who told the story the icon appeared. I was very curious, so I went there to discover nothing new. 

Cutter De Blanc

Hovering over Van Horn's stable on the map shows a picture of the Van Horn blacksmith.  I assume that's where the stable was originally. I wonder why they moved it.

9df604862c92e955568dd936bab3e60acb906b2d

black-duster-trailer.jpg?itok=zqlM3itA

No satchel, no holster or under the coat? also notice how the duster coat had a more loosen/wild style, wish they would have kept it like that.

Here is another one that I've never seen before, neat as f*ck:

241-full.jpg

Edited by 0223998743

jje1000
4 hours ago, 0223998743 said:

9df604862c92e955568dd936bab3e60acb906b2d

black-duster-trailer.jpg?itok=zqlM3itA

No satchel, no holster or under the coat? also notice how the duster coat had a more loosen/wild style, wish they would have kept it like that.

I bet there was some mad clipping issues they weren't able to fix, which is why we didn't see looser clothing like these (or even the poncho) in the final game. Heck, the game already has clipping issues on its own.

MoXCoYg.jpg

Edited by jje1000

Darealbandicoot
2 hours ago, jje1000 said:

I bet there was some mad clipping issues they weren't able to fix, which is why we didn't see looser clothing like these (or even the poncho) in the final game. Heck, the game already has clipping issues on its own.

MoXCoYg.jpg

Nah not exactly. That only happens when clothes glitch out and the game thinks they are corrupted so makes the player butt naked for some reason. 

Cutter De Blanc
2 hours ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Nah not exactly. That only happens when clothes glitch out and the game thinks they are corrupted so makes the player butt naked for some reason. 

Wearing a vest with the trapper cloak causes the vest to clip through the back

Darealbandicoot
1 hour ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

Wearing a vest with the trapper cloak causes the vest to clip through the back

I'm talking about the player's naked body clipping through the clothes though But I get what you mean. I'm surprised they didn't fix this stuff and if you look at Red Dead Online, the clipping is God awful. 

From the gameplay series:

giphy.gif

In the final version it's messed up, the camera angle is static on the plate and cut directly to Arthur eating.

Equatecurl
15 hours ago, Darealbandicoot said:

I'm talking about the player's naked body clipping through the clothes though But I get what you mean. I'm surprised they didn't fix this stuff and if you look at Red Dead Online, the clipping is God awful. 

Arthurs neckerchief also clips through the bandolier which is really annoying