Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

KENNYOUT3

The RDR2 Beta Hunt

Recommended Posts

Darealbandicoot

Here's hoping Rockstar isn't combing through the PC game data to delete as much beta leftovers as possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SpaceRaven

Nah there will be, not as much as the consoles. I really doubt you will clean all beta related content in a 90 or 80 gigs game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MidnightRun
7 hours ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Here's hoping Rockstar isn't combing through the PC game data to delete as much beta leftovers as possible. 

Wonder what we'll find. Any predictions on what will be found?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheWhiteHat
4 hours ago, MidnightRun said:

Wonder what we'll find. Any predictions on what will be found?

Cut audio tracks, unused assets & animations, beta mission stages scripts/notes, possibly beta images hidden in the files. If were lucky maybe another dev log or re-addable scripts for missions. I'm hoping much of the 5 hours cut is intact, since it was cut late in development. 

 

Edited by TheWhiteHat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SpaceRaven

Nah don't count on it, there will be unused audio. maybe animations. no beta mission scripts but maybe cut removed missions? Some screenshots and thats it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spider-Vice

There will be plenty of shocking findings imo, especially if development/writing was as messy as it seems. Generally when things are cut, low priority is given to removing it from code completely as it's a waste of development time. We might even find some stuff related to past games, or inb4 Bully 2 😂  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SpaceRaven

Hah i wish, il believe it when i see it.

Kinda sad i cant go out and hunt for some maybe cut content because i dont have the game yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fluffy Sock

They remove whatever cut things are easy to locate in the files and completely safe to remove. The rest pretty much gets untouched.

 

As said, removing things can be a waste of time, and dangerous, if you don't know what the hell you're doing.

Edited by Fluffy Sock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
happygrowls

Rockstar never remove most of the beta stuff because they're lazy like that, like entire missions and dialogues for them were left in the files of GTA V, all that voice work the cast did, cut for no reason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DiEgOw_CrAzY

In the mission "American Venom" Sadie says Cleet was seen drinking in Strawberry, another citation of a possible saloon cutted in there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darealbandicoot

Mary Beth's beta epilogue hairstyle is used on her winter outfit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jje1000
9 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

There will be plenty of shocking findings imo, especially if development/writing was as messy as it seems. Generally when things are cut, low priority is given to removing it from code completely as it's a waste of development time. We might even find some stuff related to past games, or inb4 Bully 2 😂  

I think that all we'll find are mission hooks, mission frameworks and some assets. Then again, RDRII is a giant game, so who knows how much stuff is hiding in there? Maybe we'll see Mac Callender and Jenny in the files lol

 

But yes, the late-development recut of RDRII was clearly rushed, there are still a couple of plot points and mechanics that were never satisfactorily explained or developed- probably leftovers from earlier versions of the game and the script.

 

For instance, whole thing that Agent Milton said about Micah still bugs me because it could have been far more satisfying with a change in wording.

 

Edited by jje1000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DiEgOw_CrAzY
2 hours ago, jje1000 said:

I think that all we'll find are mission hooks, mission frameworks and some assets. Then again, RDRII is a giant game, so who knows how much stuff is hiding in there? Maybe we'll see Mac Callender and Jenny in the files lol

 

But yes, the late-development recut of RDRII was clearly rushed, there are still a couple of plot points and mechanics that were never satisfactorily explained or developed- probably leftovers from earlier versions of the game and the script.

 

For instance, whole thing that Agent Milton said about Micah still bugs me because it could have been far more satisfying with a change in wording.

 

Yeah, how does Micah snakes the gang only after guarma when Pinkertons show up and are always a step ahead of them since chapter 2? Also, who told them Dutch stole the Cornwall train in the begining? I made sure there were no survivors.

Also, according to that 2015 leak, there is a snake in the gang since the ferry job

Edited by DiEgOw_CrAzY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cp1dell

Well I for one am glad that the second love interest was cut, even if it was Sadie. Mary Linton’s story with Arthur was enough and very fitting. I’m sick of stories where the writers feel the need to shoehorn in a romantic subplot for the main character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darealbandicoot
1 hour ago, cp1dell said:

Well I for one am glad that the second love interest was cut, even if it was Sadie. Mary Linton’s story with Arthur was enough and very fitting. I’m sick of stories where the writers feel the need to shoehorn in a romantic subplot for the main character.

Same, but I would have chosen Sadie over that manipulative succubus Mary any day lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jje1000
1 hour ago, cp1dell said:

Well I for one am glad that the second love interest was cut, even if it was Sadie. Mary Linton’s story with Arthur was enough and very fitting. I’m sick of stories where the writers feel the need to shoehorn in a romantic subplot for the main character.

In my opinion, if there are romance options, they should be optional side quests.

 

1 hour ago, DiEgOw_CrAzY said:

Yeah, how does Micah snakes the gang only after guarma when Pinkertons show up and are always a step ahead of them since chapter 2? Also, who told them Dutch stole the Cornwall train in the begining? I made sure there were no survivors.

Also, according to that 2015 leak, there is a snake in the gang since the ferry job

It could literally have been fixed if Milton said "Micah's been working with us for awhile", instead of saying that he was working with them after Guarma. Fiction doesn't really have the liberty of speculation if something is stated as-is, IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DiEgOw_CrAzY
9 minutes ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Same, but I would have chosen Sadie over that manipulative succubus Mary any day lol. 

I wish they haven't cutted It as we could have the choice. I hate Mary and didn't dated her when she ask us to go to the theater with her. Sadie is my choice lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheWhiteHat

A worthy watch- Peter Blomquist talks about a cut side mission at 5:12 (or he's joking) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darealbandicoot
5 hours ago, TheWhiteHat said:

A worthy watch- Peter Blomquist talks about a cut side mission at 5:12 (or he's joking) 

I noticed that Roger has an American accent in interviews like this and what not but in personal videos and the game award speech his accent is a mix of Irish and slight American kind of like mine. Definitely not a beta fact lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MidnightRun
7 hours ago, TheWhiteHat said:

A worthy watch- Peter Blomquist talks about a cut side mission at 5:12 (or he's joking) 

That's interesting lmao snow falling while Arthur and Dutch are dancing if that was truly a cut mission that's hilarious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MidnightRun
10 hours ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Same, but I would have chosen Sadie over that manipulative succubus Mary any day lol. 

Honestly I think everyone would've chosen Sadie including the people who whine and say, "no f*ck giving Arthur relationships! Sadie is an independent woman!" If players had the option.

 

Yoooo, Mary was pointless as f*ck. I don't hate her she's a character with potential but man did she lacked a lot of character development she was flat as f*ck. Her introduction was so poor I think that was the real big issue with her. To inflate that tremendous presentation of bullsh*t they served us, none of the missions despite being optional added any character development to Arthur. I mean you have a gang of outlaws on the run while Arthur has a $5k hit on his head and they casually just have him going to the theater happily not bothered being Mary's puppet and then he tells her 'yo we can't be with one another cuz i got price on my head yo' but he had no issue taking her out on a date and them going to the theater without the Pinkertons rolling up

 

How did any of that have to do with the story too, like the whole daddy mission like wtf? The timing of those missions didn't fit the flow at all. All of that should've been during the early chapters. She even admits to using him and apologizes for it giving everyone a fat example that Mary really is a f*cking succubus. It just felt like an ez route for the writers to be like "ok heres 6'1 unstoppable arthur bad mans Achilles heel" a woman that f*cks him over and softens him up like f*ck that.

 

As for Sadie. I dont get the people who are all like oh it'll be shoehorned, oh it'll ruin her character. If they had gotten together the game would still be 10/10 critically rated and the playerbase wouldnt ever be bothered it wouldnt hurt sadie's 'badassery' either or change any aspect about the character which ppl proclaim.

 

Idk I was positive that cut content sh*t was with Sadie cause none of that smack makes sense but boy i was probably wrong whoever the f*ck it was tho better have some good content popping up idc who i just want to see any cut content love interest related or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MidnightRun

I forgot to say I think they may of cut halters. theres like promo photos from what i remember of the horses having different bright color halters i think it may of been a beta thing while saddles are able to be custom and all i think halters was at one point too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
happygrowls

KbekWRd.png

 

Arthur was fully shaved/had a Level 1 beard in the Prologue, he starts I believe with a level 2 beard then goes up to level 3 when Chapter 2 starts.

 

 

53qDlvu.png

Arthur and Hosea also originally set up a tent in their camp in Exit Pursed by a Bruised Ego

Edited by happygrowls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darealbandicoot

Arthur's default appearance is the summer gunslinger outfit with level 3 hair and clean shaven. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vinewood Villain
On 1/23/2019 at 3:35 PM, Equatecurl said:

I would, you write these amazing better than hollywood stories, years of work and boomers and people who dont play think its dumb because its a game. 

(Long post incoming, sorry!)

 

Eh, not necessarily. Most Rockstar games try to emulate Hollywood movies in the first place. Rockstar isn’t exactly original or exceptional with their writing. They’re just one of the best in their respective industry, so they stand out. Compared to a good movie or a good TV show, the writing is still pretty juvenile and clunky. Michael for example, GTA V’s most prominent character, is a shameless Tony Soprano ripoff. Even in the trailers you could make that connection way back. Of course most GTA players probably haven’t seen enough Sopranos episodes to  make that comparison in the first place, and just assume Michael is this badass and original protagonist. This goes for many things in the game, not just characters but cutscenes and action scenes in some of the missions. All usually ripping from an iconic movie, but masked behind a “homage”.  

 

Rockstar are hardcore cinephiles. I honestly feel like they’re producers first, and game makers second. They record so many f*cking lines and animations, and in the end, a huge chunk of them go unused. Yet their gameplay and mission design remain sloppy all these years since GTA 3. Hmm. Priorities. 

 

They also prepare to set deliberate records in the industry, pen and paper ready. It’s like they’re going for this James Cameron of the gaming world vibe. RDR2 has the biggest script of any game apparently, even though Arthur’s NPC dialogue constantly repeats. When the game made $750m in its first three days, Rockstar dubbed it “opening weekend”, glorifying it as a box office release and claiming it made more than any movie opening ever. A stupid and pretentious comparison that’s never been perceived in the industry before by other games or studios. 

 

I love Rockstar, but somewhere behind their silent tightlipped nature lies a huge ego. I think it’s just the Houser bros honestly, they’ve always been weird that way.

Edited by Vinewood Villain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Equatecurl
1 hour ago, Vinewood Villain said:

(Long post incoming, sorry!)

 

Eh, not necessarily. Most Rockstar games try to emulate Hollywood movies in the first place. Rockstar isn’t exactly original or exceptional with their writing. They’re just one of the best in their respective industry, so they stand out. Compared to a good movie or a good TV show, the writing is still pretty juvenile and clunky. Michael for example, GTA V’s most prominent character, is a shameless Tony Soprano ripoff. Even in the trailers you could make that connection way back. Of course most GTA players probably haven’t seen enough Sopranos episodes to  make that comparison in the first place, and just assume Michael is this badass and original protagonist. This goes for many things in the game, not just characters but cutscenes and action scenes in some of the missions. All usually ripping from an iconic movie, but masked behind a “homage”.  

 

Rockstar are hardcore cinephiles. I honestly feel like they’re producers first, and game makers second. They record so many f*cking lines and animations, and in the end, a huge chunk of them go unused. Yet their gameplay and mission design remain sloppy all these years since GTA 3. Hmm. Priorities. 

 

They also prepare to set deliberate records in the industry, pen and paper ready. It’s like they’re going for this James Cameron of the gaming world vibe. RDR2 has the biggest script of any game apparently, even though Arthur’s NPC dialogue constantly repeats. When the game made $750m in its first three days, Rockstar dubbed it “opening weekend”, glorifying it as a box office release and claiming it made more than any movie opening ever. A stupid and pretentious comparison that’s never been perceived in the industry before by other games or studios. 

 

I love Rockstar, but somewhere behind their silent tightlipped nature lies a huge ego. I think it’s just the Houser bros honestly, they’ve always been weird that way.

One little comment about people not appreciating good writing and this pops up ok

 

Yeah well, I’m talking about red dead, la noire, gta4, san andreas. Hollywood in the last 20 years has been sh*t execpt for a few needles in haystacks, every new movie is filled with cliches, ripoffs, all about profits, they even joke about this in GTAV. 

 

Taking inspiration is not ripping off. It works well in the case of michael, even then they didn’t take much inspiration except for his looks and sh*t family, their stories are totally different. You can also say they ripped off any wealthy boomer dad aswell. 

 

V is a exception anyway, I hated that game but the part where michael and trevor are together in the trailer is up there for best writing. 

 

Now, RDR2 on the other hand. The game is a prequel yet it kept me in suspense the whole time, arthurs sickness is something I’ve never seen done before, the Braithwaite  fight is something that couldve easily been pulled off in some desolate town in the desert. Instead, you're sweating to death in some southern sh*thole and burning down a slave owners house. I could go on and on. 

 

Not much is going to be original anymore because almost everything has been done, now I say it’s a matter of how you execute it. Which rockstar does well. 

 

 

Edited by Equatecurl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cp1dell
16 hours ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Arthur's default appearance is the summer gunslinger outfit with level 3 hair and clean shaven. 

How do you figure?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darealbandicoot
1 hour ago, cp1dell said:

How do you figure?

Because that's what it swaps to if you try to switch to another character in the save editor and edit your clothes at the same time. At first you'll spawn as you were before editing then when you reload Arthur will be in his default appearance. At least that's what I did. 

Edited by Darealbandicoot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DirtCheap
2 hours ago, cp1dell said:

How do you figure?

 

If you replay missions, he wears that outfit and has level 3 beard and hair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RJX74
On 1/26/2019 at 8:26 AM, happygrowls said:

KbekWRd.png

 

Arthur was fully shaved/had a Level 1 beard in the Prologue, he starts I believe with a level 2 beard then goes up to level 3 when Chapter 2 starts.

 

 

 

Yup, really late change.

 

latest?cb=20180201171923

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 3 Users Currently Viewing
    1 member, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

    • mads1153
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.