Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

KENNYOUT3

The RDR2 Beta Hunt

Recommended Posts

Katieyyy
Just now, DiEgOw_CrAzY said:

@Katieyyyabout the part she says "like this one, acts all cold-blooded but he really ain't."  It doesn't need to be on a bad honor campaign, she said that to me while I was with good honor too hahaha. They may be not a couple in the game, but they are in my heart

46754621_1945552065499520_82997190819640

Oh neat! I couldn't get it to trigger when I had high honor she would tell John, "Abigail is good as they come!" And then John angrily walks away, I forget what he says.

 

Do we have any theories on this pic?

PFaMrwv.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DiEgOw_CrAzY
15 hours ago, Katieyyy said:

Oh neat! I couldn't get it to trigger when I had high honor she would tell John, "Abigail is good as they come!" And then John angrily walks away, I forget what he says.

 

Do we have any theories on this pic?

PFaMrwv.jpg

 

 

This one might be one of the cutted missions involving Sadie going on tasks with the gang, her character building into the story.

Took this one last night and looks like she's huging his arm

50943426_2018332154888177_88160611412108

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SpaceRaven
16 hours ago, Katieyyy said:

Oh neat! I couldn't get it to trigger when I had high honor she would tell John, "Abigail is good as they come!" And then John angrily walks away, I forget what he says.

 

Do we have any theories on this pic?

PFaMrwv.jpg

 

I don't think it was a mission, i think it was just a scenario they made for some pics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cutter De Blanc

I was replaying a mission (Angelo Bronte, a Man of Honor) and I checked my Satchel, and I had two pamphlets for recipes I'd never seen before. Split Point ammo, and Express Explosive ammo. I'm guessing express explosive ammo was cut, as was needing a pamphlet to craft split point ammo.  

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darealbandicoot
15 hours ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

I was replaying a mission (Angelo Bronte, a Man of Honor) and I checked my Satchel, and I had two pamphlets for recipes I'd never seen before. Split Point ammo, and Express Explosive ammo. I'm guessing express explosive ammo was cut, as was needing a pamphlet to craft split point ammo.  

The pamphlet for split point was added to Red Dead Online. Interesting that these only appear in that mission. That Angelo Bronte mission gave us the New Austin glitch and now THIS?! How did Rockstar leave all these in that one mission? I wonder what other secrets it hides. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fluffy Sock

Maybe Little Jack was held somewhere in New Austin and not in Bronte's mansion after all*, so they finally decided to not drag the mission that much. I don't know what to think about that mission, it's a box full of surprises.

 

*That probably meant no spaguetti and fancy sleepers = BAD.

Edited by Fluffy Sock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darealbandicoot

In the mission photo for The mercies of Knowledge VII, The bounty that the professor is executing in the photo has a fancy beard, a full head of hair and is wearing a suit whearas in game the bounty is bald, stubbled and wearing cowboy attire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DiEgOw_CrAzY

In Strawberry, there is a random enconter that this guy is showing off his gunslinger skills to his friend but shots himself in the leg. He says that he ain't going to the doctor, but to the saloon. Later in the game, on epilogue 1, we go to Strawberry to take a package to Abigail and pronghorn ranch. Jack asks If John won't go to the saloon. I guess It was suppose to be a Saloon at strawberry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
a z

Yeah if you think about it... there's no place to eat in Strawberry!  The Saloon was the obvious loction at the other hotel building.  The same thing happened at Annesburg... they removed the saloon for either production or performance reasons.  I hope when they release the PC version they re-add the cut content because performance is less of an issue.  I highly doubt they'll go through the Q&A effort... one can dream though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harmonica
1 hour ago, DiEgOw_CrAzY said:

In Strawberry, there is a random enconter that this guy is showing off his gunslinger skills to his friend but shots himself in the leg. He says that he ain't going to the doctor, but to the saloon. Later in the game, on epilogue 1, we go to Strawberry to take a package to Abigail and pronghorn ranch. Jack asks If John won't go to the saloon. I guess It was suppose to be a Saloon at strawberry

I noticed these mentions as well. On other hand, though, Lenny tells Arthur during "A Quiet Time" that Strawberry is a "dry town". The grocery clerk also mentions this and talks about how the mayor is responsible. While it's possible there was a saloon in Strawberry at one point, it's also possible that chance encounter was moved from a different town or designed to work in multiple. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SpaceRaven

Things that i can predict that will come on pc

 

 

John's classic haircut (The design choice was a excuse for the pc port)
Strawberry? eh i dont think so

Heres one that i really doubt will come

The cut 6 hours of sadie x arthur.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Katieyyy
6 hours ago, SpaceRaven said:

Things that i can predict that will come on pc

 

 

John's classic haircut (The design choice was a excuse for the pc port)
Strawberry? eh i dont think so

Heres one that i really doubt will come

The cut 6 hours of sadie x arthur.

Yeah I don't think we'll ever see anything regarding Sadie and Arthur. I wonder though if there will be game files that will prove that it was at least her but probably not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
O.Z
7 hours ago, Katieyyy said:

Yeah I don't think we'll ever see anything regarding Sadie and Arthur. I wonder though if there will be game files that will prove that it was at least her but probably not.

I doubt it.

 

PS: My ultimate Red Dead fantasy would be seeing Sadie tag-teamed by Arthur and John. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darealbandicoot
18 hours ago, alz said:

Yeah if you think about it... there's no place to eat in Strawberry!  The Saloon was the obvious loction at the other hotel building.  The same thing happened at Annesburg... they removed the saloon for either production or performance reasons.  I hope when they release the PC version they re-add the cut content because performance is less of an issue.  I highly doubt they'll go through the Q&A effort... one can dream though!

Performance isn't an issue. Do you really think a few more buildings in the game would affect performance? For example the Blackwater saloon and shops are disabled for the majority of the game with no difference in performance. I'm not trying to be rude or anything but one or two more interiors wouldn't break the game. 

Edited by Darealbandicoot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
happygrowls
17 hours ago, SpaceRaven said:

Things that i can predict that will come on pc

 

 

John's classic haircut (The design choice was a excuse for the pc port)
Strawberry? eh i dont think so

Heres one that i really doubt will come

The cut 6 hours of sadie x arthur.

I doubt they'll be included with the PC port, just datamined.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SpaceRaven

So guys, have we sneaked through the files yet? im really curious whats in there, i wanna see the sound name for "jack's" voice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DiEgOw_CrAzY
10 minutes ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Performance isn't an issue. Do you really think a few more buildings in the game would affect performance? For example the Blackwater saloon and shops are disabled for the majority of the game with no difference in performance. 

Some people don't understand how game worlds works. They think it's like real life, that the whole game world is happening everywhere. This thing of "performance" is bullcrap. The game only loads what the camera is seeing. Everything from some distancies looses visual quality, uses low poly models and textures. Anything that is not on camera, just disapears and don't waste game's performance. I think they just decided to cut, even though It's dumb, as we can only have haircuts at Valentine, Black water and Saint Denis

Edited by DiEgOw_CrAzY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
happygrowls

There are alot of dumb things Rockstar have removed from their games in the past, such as GTA IV's Fingerless Gloves, GTA V's multiple weapons and vehicles being saved for online only, RDR1's giant/dwarf stranger mission (which made a return in RDR2) and much more. Either Rockstar remove them because they don't fit, forget about them or simply do it for just Rockstar reasons. There's always some dumb stuff they remove from their games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darealbandicoot
10 minutes ago, happygrowls said:

There are alot of dumb things Rockstar have removed from their games in the past, such as GTA IV's Fingerless Gloves, GTA V's multiple weapons and vehicles being saved for online only, RDR1's giant/dwarf stranger mission (which made a return in RDR2) and much more. Either Rockstar remove them because they don't fit, forget about them or simply do it for just Rockstar reasons. There's always some dumb stuff they remove from their games.

And a lot of the time like the fingerless gloves, they leave them in the files fully intact. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Katieyyy

So I guess I was wrong, I guess it isn't Sadie. Someone on Reddit DM'd the voice actress Alex. She said;

 

"In my opinion, no. There was a deep mutual respect and caring for one another but it wasn't sexual. I think it was incredibly refreshing for rockstar to have female character who stood on her own and wasn't reduced or sexual used as anyone's 'love interest.'"

 

What do you all think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Implicitly
14 minutes ago, Katieyyy said:

So I guess I was wrong, I guess it isn't Sadie. Someone on Reddit DM'd the voice actress Alex. She said;

 

"In my opinion, no. There was a deep mutual respect and caring for one another but it wasn't sexual. I think it was incredibly refreshing for rockstar to have female character who stood on her own and wasn't reduced or sexual used as anyone's 'love interest.'"

 

What do you all think?

I don't know if I should believe this or not. Obviously I should believe it but what if she's just saying that because of a NDA?

 

Since she's the voice actor I'll take it, that's odd, "in my opinion."

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cutter De Blanc

What an odd answer, it's not really a matter of opinion. You either recorded the lines or you didn't.

 

I mean if it's so buried in subtext that voice actress doesn't even know the character's motivation here, I'm guessing either they were never going to hit us over the head with it, or she wasn't the other love interest. 

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Implicitly
6 minutes ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

What an odd answer, it's not really a matter of opinion. You either recorded the lines or you didn't.

 

I mean if it's so buried in subtext that voice actress doesn't even know the character's motivation here, I'm guessing either they were never going to hit us over the head with it, or she wasn't the other love interest. 

I agree this is an odd answer. Exactly it isn't a matter of opinion, it's either a yes or no, like did she record love interest scenes or not. That's what threw me off with the whole in my opinion, she would know if she recorded scenes or not.

 

I found the PM's Katieyyy linked on the main subreddit. Before she answered this question she said unrelated but she had no idea what she was playing for a year. She didn't know her character role was big either until 2 years in.

 

Sounds like to me all of them were left in the dark. Though she sounds like she's denying it straight forwardly by saying she's glad the character wasn't sexualized.

 

I don't know, it's odd. You'd think she say, "no, we didn't record anything like that, so not the love interest" rather than, "in my opinion. Someone on YouTube claims she liked a post or re-posted a photo of Arthur and Sadie hugging.

 

Idk. Sounds like she can't slip up and say cause of R* and or NDA as to why, "in my opinion."

 

Though I'm probably wrong and the simple answer is exactly what she's saying, which is she's not. No idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darealbandicoot
2 hours ago, Katieyyy said:

So I guess I was wrong, I guess it isn't Sadie. Someone on Reddit DM'd the voice actress Alex. She said;

 

"In my opinion, no. There was a deep mutual respect and caring for one another but it wasn't sexual. I think it was incredibly refreshing for rockstar to have female character who stood on her own and wasn't reduced or sexual used as anyone's 'love interest.'"

 

What do you all think?

I honestly don't know what to make of this. Alex, Roger, Gabriel and a lot of the RDR2 cast have played the game so probably know if anything significant was cut. Like Gabriel remembered that the cave section in the mission where you rescue John was cut. Maybe Alex is under NDA like the GTA V actors are still under regarding story dlc which at least Steven recorded mo cap for which was later used in GTA Online Series A funding. The only other person who could answer would be Roger but he's probably under heavy NDA and can't say what was cut or not. 

Gerry Rosenthal (The voice actor of Jimmy in Bully) is still under NDA 13 years later for example so can't reveal too much. 

Edited by Darealbandicoot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DiEgOw_CrAzY

I still think Sadie was the one. The way Sadie calls Arthur "Honey" in the last mission is something else, It melted my heart. Also, the way she greets him and talks in funny ways sometimes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darealbandicoot
7 minutes ago, DiEgOw_CrAzY said:

I still think Sadie was the one. The way Sadie calls Arthur "Honey" in the last mission is something else, It melted my heart. Also, the way she greets him and talks in funny ways sometimes. 

I still find it weird that Dan Houser even mentioned cut content. I mean yes the game is complete and very satisfying, but..... WHY must he tease like that?! TELL US DAAAAANNN!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DiEgOw_CrAzY

Sadie and Arthur becomes best friends out of thin air, It clearly has a lot of content cut for them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harmonica

Sadie as a love interest never made sense to me anyway, but the idea that they they just cut a romantic relationship between her and Arthur out of the game in the final weeks of development just seems absurd. Most of that 5 hours of deleted content there is almost certainly still evidence of in the final game (the mysterious goings on at Emerald Ranch, the missing princess, etc). They couldn't have just deleted a Sadie/Arthur romance - they would have had to totally re-write it and re-record dialogue and motion capture and I doubt they were doing that with only weeks of development remaining. Also Arthur already has a love interest during the same period of the game that people are suggesting there was a cut romance with Sadie. It makes no sense. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DiEgOw_CrAzY
2 minutes ago, Harmonica said:

Sadie as a love interest never made sense to me anyway, but the idea that they they just cut a romantic relationship between her and Arthur out of the game in the final weeks of development just seems absurd. Most of that 5 hours of deleted content there is almost certainly still evidence of in the final game (the mysterious goings on at Emerald Ranch, the missing princess, etc). They couldn't have just deleted a Sadie/Arthur romance - they would have had to totally re-write it and re-record dialogue and motion capture and I doubt they were doing that with only weeks of development remaining. Also Arthur already has a love interest during the same period of the game that people are suggesting there was a cut romance with Sadie. It makes no sense. 

 

Dan Houser himself said Arthur had a Romance interest that was cut, not weeks before release, but at some point and this kind of thing doesn't need to re-record stuff. Just cut, they develop with those things in mind. Take The amazing Spiderman 2 for example. There were a full recording of Mary Jane and they cutted prior to release and we have no evidencie of her ever on the movie. It's not that difficult to cut those things

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harmonica

Here's the source for the deleted content and second romance:

 

Quote

The acting for Red Dead Redemption 2’s story mode is now complete, but as release day approaches, five hours of the 65-hour game are dumped. At one point, protagonist Arthur Morgan had two love interests, but “we decided one of them didn’t work,” says Dan. And whole missions were removed because “they were never going to work technically or be quite slick enough, or they felt superfluous. We removed a mission on a train where you had to deal with bounty hunters, because it was fun at first, but then it wasn’t. This part of the process is always about compromise and horse trading. Everyone always loses bits of the game they love.”

 

Sounds very much like the 5 hours were cut late in development after the acting/recording was done. It's possible when he talked about the romance he was referring to much earlier in development, but in that case it wasn't really deleted, it was merely re-developed as I'm sure many other things were. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.