1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

MostlyPonies

Is there anything from RDR2 you want to see in GTA6?

MostlyPonies

Anything from gameplay mechanics to story or environment.

Lioshenka

We'll talk when it comes out on PC.

Everything looks good in the trailers. Need to play the game before suggesting.

AtomicPancake

Pooping horses

RashFaustinho

The way weather affects the game world.

I.E. when it rains, you have mud all over the place

GTA-Biker

-ability to ride horses (at least we could find them in some rural areas,like farms and villages)

-ability to loot NPC corpses,and even take their hats and maybe some other clothes

-dual wielding handguns

-clothes getting dirty if you fall in the mud or dust (for convenience,they could put the ability to save some favorite outfits like in GTA Online,and switching between them could clean them instantly)

Maybe some other stuff too,I haven't played the game yet,just saw some Youtube videos of others playing,so I don't know every feature that the game has.

Miamivicecity

-The horse cargo system seems like a no brainer to convert to suit a GTA game where you could store weapons in a vehicle trunk.

-Decapitation. The way it's done in Red Dead Redemption 2 is so visceral, but it doesn't feel too stupid like you're playing a zombie game. I'll just say blood & gore in general.

-Being able to make custom outfits from individual pieces of clothing.

-Instead of browsing through menus to buy clothes and whatnot have a catalogue and being able to physically pick up items like in the stores.

-The ability to interact with NPCS and choose whether to be friendly to them or to antagonise them. In GTA V this was somewhat limited where for example everything Trevor said just ended up pissing them off.

-Buy drinks from a bar and being able to walk around with them.

-Rent a hotel/motel room for somewhere to stay if you're out and about.

Spider-Vice
12 minutes ago, Miamivicecity said:

-Rent a hotel/motel room for somewhere to stay if you're out and about.

In fact, maybe even replace the quick save option with this. Older games never had a quick save option, you would need to run to a safehouse even if you had a 6 star wanted level, so maybe the hotel/motel mechanic could be a nice substitute for the quicksave option, especially if GTA VI were to be set in the past (no cellphones). Time to make GTA challenging again ;) 

KY Jello

Drinking coffee 

Shaving 

More inspecting and picking up items/weapons 

Hotels/Motels

Being able to rob banks anytime we want in freeroam.

Edited by KY Jello

Crossbones

I haven't played the game yet, just saw some YouTube videos, so I can't say much but I'd say the ability to loot dead people, hotels/motels, weather effects, scaring off the witnesses of your crime. The melee combat is pretty awesome too.

deadasdisco

terrain deformation

Gbano26

The physics and ragdoll, the NPC AI, and, something i wanted back since GTA IV, the decapitations

Mister Pinkerton

Certainly being able to pick up dead bodies. I would love if the next GTA is slightly more realistic in terms of having to play smarter to dump bodies etc. 

Also in RDR the environment seems more interactive in many many ways. As mentioned, the way the weather can have an effect on you. So, I would certainly love to see the water effect you swimming, possibly health core and health from RDR too. 

I absolutely love the moral system and how that has an effect on how people relate to you. I also love being rewarded with tips for helping other criminals. It seems so organic and believable. There's no better way than building the "trust" of another criminal by helping that criminal escape the law. And it's a superb way of getting rewarded for making fun and exciting decisions in the game. OK, so you are rewarded for being good in RDR2 but you are also rewarded for helping the bad guys too. It's more grey and realistic that way. 

All the time in RDR, morality presents itself with these opportunities to take advantage of or not. And I love if I don't decide to take out a bounty hunter or a lawman transporting a prisoner. I don't feel punished for doing anything but I also feel rewarded for acting. 

Edited by Mister Pink

HOW'S ANNIE?
On 10/31/2018 at 9:43 PM, Miamivicecity said:

-The horse cargo system seems like a no brainer to convert to suit a GTA game where you could store weapons in a vehicle trunk

Only if they let us choose our personal vehicles this time, instead if lumping a predesignated vehicle on us like they do in V. It breaks immersion knowing Michael, Franklin and Trevor can all swap between a grenade launcher and a minigun at any given time. But to force us all to drive the same vehicle every play through just to swap weapons on the go would be even worse.

TheSantader25

-Mud and Snow

-Physics

-something like the lasso to kidnap people(throw them in the trunk) 

-the weapon system should remain the same. GTA is about freedom and it should let you carry many weapons. RDR is about immersion and realism so the new system suits it. 

-Melee System

-Animal Behavior

-Dialogue Options to talk with NPCs(Beware of the GTA V cops though) 

Hmmm nice bike

The gore in RDR2 makes me wonder why we haven't seen anything like this in IV or V. I don't believe it would have been console limitations, either. Realistic blood and gore effects would be welcome in a new GTA.

neo92boi

Crime System - Witness Of crime in action, witness of crime that occurred. Investigation of crime, reported crime. 

Gore 

In depth gun mechanics. 

Honestly I feel R* needs to go back to Liberty City and do a 1-1 rendition of New York City (Every nook and crannie of the 5 Boroughs) Long Island, New Jersey , and Connecticut.  And do the game with the depth and detail of RDR2 aswell as gripping story. 

LeBron.
  • the whole system of health and stamina with each of these stats having a "core" you have to regularly fill up by eating and such
  • map diversity - snowy mountains, deserts, forests and basically all that stuff. combine this with urban areas and you get a map that will have everything you could ever want in an open world game. i'd also like the weather in these areas to have an impact on your stats
  • horses. because why not. if we already have the mechanics to go by, then what's the problem with including them as a side thing in GTA? after all you gotta have something to spend your money on
  • better inventory system - i'm not too sure if i'd really like to go full-on RDR style and only be able to carry a few weapons by myself, but at least having the option to hide some of your stuff in the trunk of your personal vehicle would be a nice addition
  • living NPCs - and by that i mean everything, from storyline characters you can meet around the camp and talk to, to random people you see on the road or in the streets. imagine how cool san andreas would be if, while on grove street, you had the option to have a quick chat with sweet, ryder or big smoke
  • reputation - yes i know, the aspect of morality doesn't seem like a perfect fit for a game series that made gamers fall in love with it by being able to blow sh*t up, fight off hordes of police and stomp on the body of the prostitute you've just had sex with, but the whole system of how the world perceives your character can be a great way of rewarding the players for playing the game in a more immersive way
  • hotels and motels
  • robberies
  • inspecting things
  • dual-wielding guns (especially two different ones, like in max payne 3)
  • gore
  • being able to shave yourself at home. i liked that system.

Mr_Long

Now that Red Dead 2 has been out for 2 weeks and I and a few others completed the main story it made me think. Gta 5 took some things from Red dead, but it doesn't feel like they took enough from it. The characters from both red deads are interesting. The game is also realistic as far as law enforcement unlike Gta 5.

Example : Yesterday in Blackwater I robbed a store and it said I was Wanted, but I ran out the backdoor before the sheriff came. Since I fled the crime scene prior to law enforcement coming they never knew who robbed the store. After that I came to town the next day, and I tried going inside the place I robbed. Sure enough the store was closed.

In Gta you could kill a few bystanders on Mount Chiliad with no witnesses alive and the cops will still know where you are. I just feel like they need to take at least some depth from Red Dead 2 into Gta 6. Also Red Dead 2 has waaaay more interiors than Gta 5 did outside of missions.

Rockstar could also learn from how they developed all the characters. I felt like I cared for most of the characters at camp, and it was sad seeing what happened in one of the heist. But in GTA 5 I don't care much about the characters except Michael and Lamar tbh. The antagonist in GTA 5 was too easy to kill. In Red Dead 2 it feels like you've really achieved something.

What do you think Rockstar can learn from Red Dead 2 to put in their future games ?

Grotti Vigilante
  1. A single protagonist at a time is better than three because the time and investment on Arthur Morgan and his story resulted in a character that is highly regarded as one of Rockstar Games' best protagonist to date. Many people are split over some of the GTA V characters, most especially Trevor who seems more like a generic self-insertion of the player than a well-rounded fleshed out character. I can only say I admire his loyalty and lack of hypocrisy at times. 
  2. Personalised vehicles are all well and good, but let us choose it instead. The fact I could name my horse only makes it harder in any case of it dying, and if we get to choose which vehicle our character will drive, we will want to probably take better care of it. Dare I say GTA Online did the right thing by giving us personal vehicles and getting insurance on it whenever it is destroyed. 
  3. Long stories are fine so long as they're interesting stories with interesting characters. GTA V felt very short in it's story than Liberty City Stories despite the latter only have one extra mission, which I think comes back to the single protagonist thing in a way. GTA IV was a fine length in my opinion, as was GTA San Andreas, and to an extent GTA Vice City despite it being somewhat unclear as to where the game should go next (with the need to buy property and that).
  4. Kind of the same thing as what you said in regards to the cops not knowing it was you committing the crime so long as they don't see you. GTA V was ever so frustrating with cops given that you could get a wanted level even in remote locations. I know I may have an unpopular opinion here, but I really don't mind how they're so aggressive since there are methods of escaping them. I just wish it was more clear. I think a GTA IV-GTA V hybrid wanted level system is in order personally.
  5. Do not punish us for the stupidity of others. Someone could walk right in front of you in Red Dead Redemption II and you would get wanted for it. This also applies to previous GTA games since a cop car could hit you but somehow you're still at fault. This is just something that needs to be considered from all games in the past.
  6. Aiming controls in Red Dead Redemption II were a bit sloppy in my experience and didn't always lock on to what I wanted. At times I got injured or even killed because the gun wouldn't aim at those I wanted to shoot. It needs a bit of work done. Also, don't make us need to get guns from a satchel or anything. I get it's more realistic than having infinite sized pockets, but it was a pain needing a certain gun only to find I didn't take it off my horse even in the heat of being shot at by some bandits. 

GrudgefromSanAndreas
  1. Including horses is a good idea, let's say you get lost in the wilderness with no vehicles in vicinity but you see horses, there should be a way to tame them and ride
  2. Have the choice when talking to strangers to either be positive or negative, similar to how in GTA San Andreas when someone comments your looks and a drug dealer asks you if you want some you can press one key to reply positiely and the other to reply negatively
  3. When hunting make more use of animals, like being able to (cook meat to) eat them to replenish health and/or selling skin, even illegally if you hunt endangered species, maybe you can earn a decent amount of money that way

Reyiz Kovan

It can learn how to kill a console's hdd.

GrudgefromSanAndreas

Oh yes and throwing meelee weapons like hatchets and knives from a distance into head or back

Miamivicecity

-Choices should matter. GTA V dropped the ball on this big time IMO, but I'm glad Red Dead Redemption 2 expanded on it.

-Much higher levels of interactivity. I love that Red Dead Redemption 2 lets us interact with almost anything. From wardrobes, lock boxes, drawers etc. It would be a great idea for GTA VI to implement.

woggleman

That the general public doesn't want realism. They want fun gameplay.

ProKiller93

crouching

Cheatz/Trickz

The quality of writing and sense of place. The world is the realest since Liberty. The game is similar to GTA IV in terms of atmosphere and tone, it has the same slow burn and Arthur and Niko are very similar in personality. I was noticing parallels the whole way through.

Imo, as much as RDR2 is a successor to the original, it’s just as much like a spiritual successor to GTA IV. It’s Rockstar doing what they actually want to do, instead of bowing to the masses. GTA was always mainstreamed, but never as much as it is now after GTA V and Online. Do you think Rockstar would even dare to put health cores, micromanagement of stamina, temperature, weapon deterioration etc in GTA 6? The equivalent of the horse maintenance would be a fuel gauge or engine deterioration, tyres losing their grip over time...yeah no. 

Edited by Cheatz/Trickz

TheSantader25
5 hours ago, Cheatz/Trickz said:

The quality of writing and sense of place. The world is the realest since Liberty. The game is similar to GTA IV in terms of atmosphere and tone, it has the same slow burn and Arthur and Niko are very similar in personality. I was noticing parallels the whole way through.

Imo, as much as RDR2 is a successor to the original, it’s just as much like a spiritual successor to GTA IV. It’s Rockstar doing what they actually want to do, instead of bowing to the masses. GTA was always mainstreamed, but never as much as it is now after GTA V and Online. Do you think Rockstar would even dare to put health cores, micromanagement of stamina, temperature, weapon deterioration etc in GTA 6? The equivalent of the horse maintenance would be a fuel gauge or engine deterioration, tyres losing their grip over time...yeah no. 

Or maybe they just realized what each game is about. Each game has an essence and core. R* shifted away from GTA's core with IV and if anything, they cut out some of the realistic elements(Stats) from SA. 

You like to blame everything on masses but you have to realize that each game has an identity which shouldn't be forgotten by the dev. Those mechanics "work well" in RDR because they push the game closer to where it's at its best but they don't work in GTA. Because it is out of place and a contrast to the series' Identity. 

OT:

How cool would it be to have a system like Robbing train passengers in RDR2 but this time for stores in GTA VI. you walk in a cluckin Bell. Lock the door and Rob the valuables from everyone. The police could be waiting outside. You use a backdoor to escape. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Mr_Long
4 hours ago, Cheatz/Trickz said:

Course GTA has always been streamlined, but that doesn't mean they can't take anything from Red dead 2. Red Dead 2 has a decent amount of interiors, more realistic police, better shooting mechanics and better characters than GTA 5. I know Red Dead 2 is slow-paced, but that's because it's set a century ago. It's because of casual gamers that games are streamlined to a wider audience. GTA 6 can have lots of depth to it.

It could easily have a decent amount of interiors, Good characters and better physics without affecting the pacing of the story. Red Dead 2 was more of a risk than GTA 5 was since slower-paced games aren't as accessible to wider audience, but look how good of game they made. Then again you can barely compare Red Dead 2 to GTA 4, cause GTA 4 took out major features from its predecessor. Red Dead 2 has the majority of the content from the original, and improves upon things. Plus the survival elements in Red Dead 2 aren't even that bad tbh.

Gta 4 got hate for stripping away feature from Gta SA. But in Red Dead 2 they brought pretty much everything from the original and improved on it.

Equatecurl

RDR2 actually has alot of things that weve been asking for in gta but anyway

i want eating to return, the hair grown mechanics, cold/hot weather, store weapons in car although i dont know if that last one is ok for gta but why not. Reastruants and baths too

Edited by Equatecurl

Cheatz/Trickz
10 hours ago, Mr_Long said:

Course GTA has always been streamlined, but that doesn't mean they can't take anything from Red dead 2. Red Dead 2 has a decent amount of interiors, more realistic police, better shooting mechanics and better characters than GTA 5. I know Red Dead 2 is slow-paced, but that's because it's set a century ago. It's because of casual gamers that games are streamlined to a wider audience. GTA 6 can have lots of depth to it.

It could easily have a decent amount of interiors, Good characters and better physics without affecting the pacing of the story. Red Dead 2 was more of a risk than GTA 5 was since slower-paced games aren't as accessible to wider audience, but look how good of game they made. Then again you can barely compare Red Dead 2 to GTA 4, cause GTA 4 took out major features from its predecessor. Red Dead 2 has the majority of the content from the original, and improves upon things. Plus the survival elements in Red Dead 2 aren't even that bad tbh.

Gta 4 got hate for stripping away feature from Gta SA. But in Red Dead 2 they brought pretty much everything from the original and improved on it.

You might’ve misunderstood, I want GTA 6 to take a lot from RDR2. I want Rockstar to drop the mainstream, casual BS that plagued V and return it something that actually stands out for more than just its name.

GTA IV didn’t take anything out, it simply improved on things that mattered. GTA V was too caught up in its completely pointless character switching mechanic that it failed to actually improve on anything. The switch mechanic added nothing, was poorly implemented, not thought through, only worked half the time...it was just awful. I don’t think we’ll be seeing it again, especially after the reception to Arthur. 

Edited by Cheatz/Trickz