1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Fidzy

Anyone else don't want a repeat of GTA Online?

Fidzy

Is it just me who's sick and tired of the 'empire building' simulation that is GTA Online? If RDOnline includes people racing to buy the best hotel rooms and fastest horses I just think it'll be just as bad as GTA Online. Not everyone wanted the empire building type game with GTAO and a lot of us just preferred the old RDR Multiplayer and GTAIV Multiplayer.

Smokewood

No one does!

Waingro

Judging by the temperament, pacing, and grounded-ness of this game I doubt it will be like GTA V Online. Even if it becomes "empire building" (which GTAO does a sh*te job of), I think it will be less zany (I hope) and more mature. 

Purevil

Releasing online portion of the game weeks, months after single player release is a poor move by R*, again.  The mistakes made in GTAO will be replicated in RDR2.   It makes them money.    

The FoolYT

Atleast this time, there ain't too much potential for stuff like that and i hope they do tone it down to match the time period. I would atleast want some sort of distinction between things rather than have a be-all end-all solution. e.g. If there is one horse that's better than all others, everyone is going to buy it guarenteed, same thing for properties. I would atleast want horse stats maybe to be random or you actually have to randomally find said horse and break it in the wild rather than being able to purchase the top tier horse straight away.

Gangsta Braze
2 hours ago, Purevil said:

Releasing online portion of the game weeks, months after single player release is a poor move by R*, again.  The mistakes made in GTAO will be replicated in RDR2.   It makes them money.    

Yeah because you know what’s best for their business better than rockstar themselves huh?? Lol 

9 hours ago, Fidzy said:

Is it just me who's sick and tired of the 'empire building' simulation that is GTA Online? If RDOnline includes people racing to buy the best hotel rooms and fastest horses I just think it'll be just as bad as GTA Online. Not everyone wanted the empire building type game with GTAO and a lot of us just preferred the old RDR Multiplayer and GTAIV Multiplayer.

How about you wait until it’s launched until  you start making these claims....

Purevil
1 hour ago, Gangsta Braze said:

Yeah because you know what’s best for their business better than rockstar themselves huh?? Lol

Releasing online content after single player is a bad move.  I did not buy for that reason.    They lost a sale and I will pick this game up on the secondhand market, costing them more money. "LMAO" 

White Shark

Agreed.  I don't want the game to be all about buying properties, starting businesses, powerful OP weapons etc.  I want it to keep it's more simple approach, focusing on the RPG elements, banding together in little gangs, trading or selling your hunts, catches, pelts, crafted items etc.

The only types of 'businesses' I'd expect in the game would be low key ones, like keeping chickens to sell or use eggs, selling meats from hunts or caught fish, mining ore and then refining it into metals to craft or sell on, and similar tasks like this.  Please no owning warehouses (barns), farms, hotels, saloons etc.

Fidzy

Knowing Rockstar's stance for Gta Online I can plainly guess they'll throw out mere updates with stuff like saloon businesses and horse import/export businesses (just a joke) and cling onto more opportunities to earn money through the online services. To be honest as long as they don't cut off any updates and restrict them to online-only I won't even be bothered that much, I preferred GTAV story to Online after a while but when they restricted the updates to online-only when they could clearly be modded into the story with no issue is when I was pissed off.

14 hours ago, Gangsta Braze said:

How about you wait until it’s launched until  you start making these claims....

I'm free to make claims whenever I like, considering 75% of the fan-base made claim after claim before the base game was even released. Plus, Gta Online was utterly ruined for the majority of this forum so we have a right to express our opinion.

D9fred95

They'll find a way to f*ck it up.

Doodling Hitman
On 10/29/2018 at 4:29 AM, Fidzy said:

Clicked quote, can't find anywhere to erase the quote.

What I hope WON'T happen is that you can't kill the horses of other players. They did a similar thing in GTA where you can't steal or often even blow up someone else's vehicle. Such bullcrap.. I better be able to shoot and kill horses of other players.

Lackless
3 hours ago, Doodling Hitman said:

Clicked quote, can't find anywhere to erase the quote.

What I hope WON'T happen is that you can't kill the horses of other players. They did a similar thing in GTA where you can't steal or often even blow up someone else's vehicle. Such bullcrap.. I better be able to shoot and kill horses of other players.

Horses probably won't be immune but I bet that they'll have a lock of some sorts for when you tie up your horse to a post so no one can steal it.

IamCourtney

I imagine we'll be able to 'lock' our horse access to Friends/Passengers/Nobody like we could our GTAO vehicles, the horse will just kick any disallowed person who tries to mount it like they do in singleplayer. I'm sure they won't be immune to damage though.

Edited by IamCourtney

zzmorg82

If you're able to shoot other people's horses than I'm sure they'll have passive mode, or you could revive it.

Edited by zzmorg82

kasaa

Are you saying you don't want Weaponized Horses?

roggek

I don't want  to see cheaters/modders and griefers as rampant as it is in GTAO.
My hope is that RDR2 is never released to PC and crossplay is out of the question...

Lonely-Martin

I hope to look back at GTA:O as a real experiment. 

Lots of good in GTA:O, but often undermined quickly, and R* didn't help at all by not combating cheats stronger and earlier with sod all to deter it growing, not fixing many exploits like god mode and such, the grind versus cards, and the enabling of easier and easier griefing while penalizing those defending. Stability too, so much wasted time in the clouds.

So much needs to be different for me to think more than 'meh, we'll see' as GTA:O went too far and I'll not be interested in more of the same, they really have got to show more, then players are far less a problem all round, IMHO.

We'll soon see. Let's hope it don't start where GTA:O currently is. :) 

We Are Ninja
On 10/29/2018 at 4:06 PM, Purevil said:

Releasing online content after single player is a bad move.  I did not buy for that reason.    They lost a sale and I will pick this game up on the secondhand market, costing them more money. "LMAO" 

I have friends that skipped GTAV's story mode altogether and went straight to online. I figure R* put a lot of time and effort into RDR2's single-player campaign, and they probably want people to actually play it. That said, waiting for online to drop before buying the game is going to put you at a disadvantage when going up against someone that finished the campaign. You'll be facing players that are intimately familiar with all of the game mechanics (especially RDR2's combat and pacing), and with the map itself. All while you're still getting your feet wet...

IamCourtney

As much as I wanna dive into RDRO and see what's what, I'm glad they're holding off; I'm absolutely loving story mode, especially after the lackluster disappointment of GTAV's single player and it's nice nice to be able to take my time with it and not feel like I'm falling behind the Online scene.

Shadowfennekin
14 hours ago, We Are Ninja said:

I have friends that skipped GTAV's story mode altogether and went straight to online. I figure R* put a lot of time and effort into RDR2's single-player campaign, and they probably want people to actually play it. That said, waiting for online to drop before buying the game is going to put you at a disadvantage when going up against someone that finished the campaign. You'll be facing players that are intimately familiar with all of the game mechanics (especially RDR2's combat and pacing), and with the map itself. All while you're still getting your feet wet...

This. They want people to actually enjoy SP, it's nice they didn't half-ass it this time in favor of Online. It makes me rather hopeful that the two can co-exist this time and SP won't get screwed over and not get a campaign DLC. Say.... a DLC adds Mexico, anyone can go to Mexico Online.... but nothing is there for you to do unless you buy the DLC.

RyuNova

R* has no choice. Take2 wants them to shift Buffalo Bonds. So RDO will mimic what made GTAO a success. Don't trust any grinning sharks, it will happen.

Take2 has even said that they think GTAO was under monetised, as in they thought it did not have enough Microtransactions.

DentureDynamite
On 11/1/2018 at 7:02 AM, roggek said:

I don't want  to see cheaters/modders and griefers as rampant as it is in GTAO.
My hope is that RDR2 is never released to PC and crossplay is out of the question...

Multiple sources (Wildbrick142, files found in Android RDR2 app) say there's already an existing PC version; at what stage of completion is unknown, but I'm willing to bet it's been in development as long as the console versions have.

IamCourtney

PC version means I get juicy leaks of upcoming content from the safety (for now...) of my modder free PS4!

DentureDynamite

^^ Heh; yeah, as an owner of both, there are good things about both. :)

I started GTA Online on the PS3, then switched to the PC, so it's déjà vu playing RDR2 on my new PS4 Slim. :)

BTW, if you like, feel free to send me a friend request! I'm always looking for good people to play RDR2 Online with. :)

djb204

GTA Online was so successful which is why it got tons of content updates and DLC. I would love to get tons of content updates and DLC for Red Dead Online, but how similar to GTA Online would it need to be in order for that to happen? I don’t want any high tech content though. Keep it era appropriate and I’m on board with it. I don’t want any ridiculous content though...

- No ridiculous mounts like zebras, Bulls, and bison.

- No high tech weapons like explosive rifles.

- No turbo horses.

- No armour.

- No cars.

Im sure you get what I’m getting at.

Gallows

I want this to be more realistic. No stupid crap, no super weapons. 

MostlyPonies

@djb204 You don't want a giraffe?

Fidzy
On 11/6/2018 at 9:55 AM, RyuNova said:

R* has no choice. Take2 wants them to shift Buffalo Bonds. So RDO will mimic what made GTAO a success. Don't trust any grinning sharks, it will happen.

Take2 has even said that they think GTAO was under monetised, as in they thought it did not have enough Microtransactions.

Don't get me wrong times are changing and it costs increasingly more to keep an online service running for games but come on f*ck me, $80 is equivalent to 8million in GTA? That's just bullsh*t robbery. I wouldn't mind microtransactions if:

1. They didn't cost so much for so little (as above)
  2. The in-game items didn't cost a literal bomb to buy.

Going by those figures it costs about $100 IRL to buy a yacht in Gta.

Edited by Fidzy

RyuNova
Just now, Fidzy said:

Don't get me wrong times are changing and it costs increasingly more to keep an online service running for games but come on f*ck me, $80 is equivalent to 8million in GTA? That's just bullsh*t robbery. I wouldn't mind microtransactions if:

1. They didn't cost so much for so little (as above)
  2. The in-game items didn't cost a literal bomb to buy.

Yea, everyone has said that. I find the issue is that stuff is so expensive and locked behind multiple Pay Walls. If they halves the prices or doubled all the payouts then it would be fine.

Fidzy
Just now, RyuNova said:

Yea, everyone has said that. I find the issue is that stuff is so expensive and locked behind multiple Pay Walls. If they halves the prices or doubled all the payouts then it would be fine.

Couldn't agree more mate. I dunno, maybe it's cos I preferred the simpleness of RDR1 and GtaIV multiplayer. Casual free-roaming and wreaking havoc with your mates.