Typhus

Creepiest area in the game?

Penicuikscotland2010
2 hours ago, Possebility said:

It could be lol. 

BretMaverick777
13 hours ago, Possebility said:

Yep, definitely an elk bugling. 

One thing I was really hoping R* would add would be the scream of a cougar.   Not the typical growl you hear (wayyy too late), but the raspy scream of a female's mating call.   This is the sh** you hear at 3 AM when you're out hunting IRL or staying in a mountain cabin that makes your hair stand on end and will terrify you far more than even the growl of a grizz.   And given that a cougar is still the most terrifying animal in the game, just as it is IRL, you can bet this would be one hell of a panty-soiler.

The.Beast.123

There are many

1. Bayou Nwa, Lemoyne

In the dead of night, imagine riding through the foggy marshes and swamps of areas such a small Lagras in Bayou Nwa, when you see the glowing yellow eyes of an alligator staring at you from the dark. Or the roar and attack of the FREAKING GIGANTIC Legendary Bull Gator, or worst of all, the cries of a lone woman, seconds before being ambushed by the inhuman Nite Folk.

2. Murfree Country, Roanoke Ridge, New Hanover (Butcher’s Creek/Beaver Hollow)

The thought of riding through the mysterious, eerie hills of Roanoke Ridge, knowing you can get amushed by a bunch of inbred cannibal hillbillies any time just doesn’t seem right to me, for some reason... 

3. The Tall Trees, West Elizabeth

I was hunting a bear in the area, when I saw that it got dark, so I decided to head back to camp. The problem was that the shortest route to get back to camp was to go through the forest. As the sun went down, I slowly and carefully rode back,  shotgun at the ready. I hadn’t had too many encounters with the gang that roamed these woods, but I’d heard tell of their actions. I was riding when I heard a scream... a human scream. I cocked my gun and prepared to pull the trigger. But, Instead of the expected red dots, I saw black “X”s on my mini-map. Dozens of black “X”s. As I rode through, I saw bodies tied to trees in grotesque poses and hanged off branches, all mutilated. I kept on riding into the forest and saw more and more bodies. Then, I came up to a camp. Nearly everyone in it was mutilated. All except for one. Stabbed through the heart, he whispered these words to me before dying: “Beware.... the Skinners...” 

Then, dozens of Skinners ambushed me and I died.

4. Armadillo, New Austin

The piles of cholera-infected dead bodies, the fire, the mass graves, the depressed survivors, the eerie atmosphere, the crier yelling out “Armadillo is unwell!” It’s all... disturbing.

~INDIO~

I was fishing the other day near the bridge that's located south of Caliga Hall and North East of Shady Belle, when I heard a loud scream coming from the abandoned building that's nearby. It wasnt a typical NPC scream, it was more like a random event but without the white dots on the map.

Has anyone else heard this in that same area?

ShayD

For me its gotta be Roanoake Forests, north/northeast of the map. Had the pleasure of getting lost up there one time playing with no HUD. 2am in game, pitch black and foggy in dense forest will make your hair stand.

Second would be up north in the snow as said around the Colter/Adler Ranch area. There's something about having no people around that makes you think there is someone following or watching you.

Third is that town Pleasance, the one with the run down buildings just west (I think) of Rhodes. A locked up barn with "KEEP OUT PLAGUE" says it all. No mystery to what happened, just an entire town wiped out within a few months.

RyuNova

I fear nothing!

*loads Auto-Shotgun with Explosive Rounds*

I think its already been mentioned but the house where everyone are grey shrivelled corpses with no signs of damage got me. I always enter buildings in first person with a shotgun drawn so I got a face-full of that scene, it stirred that primal "I should not be here" feeling.

Jabalous
6 hours ago, ShayD said:

Third is that town Pleasance, the one with the run down buildings just west (I think) of Rhodes. A locked up barn with "KEEP OUT PLAGUE" says it all. No mystery to what happened, just an entire town wiped out within a few months.

In one random instance, a girl whispered to me while slowly passing through Pleasance. I think it was meant to be a ghost. She said something about the weather being nice, but yeah, it scared me a little. 

Edited by Jabalous

Cutter De Blanc
1 hour ago, Jabalous said:

In one random instance, a girl whispered to me while slowly passing through Pleasance. I think it was meant to be a ghost. She said something about the weather being nice, but yeah, it scared me a little. 

I was just exploring Pleasance again, and as I was checking out the well, I very clearly heard a woman say, "That's just how things are around here, " like she was right next to me, and as I walked back over to the church the voice goes, "What a lovely day."

There were a couple of men a good distance away on the road, but no women anywhere nearby.

So yeah, this place seems haunted!

ShayD
13 hours ago, Jabalous said:

I've never really stayed there long enough bc the place creeps me tf out but I'll go back and try this !

Really wish we had stories to the wrecked and abandoned towns in game like Limpany, Pleasance and Lakay. 

ShayD

Just thought of this one, dont know how I forgot about it because the first time I found it I was more creeped than when I got lost in Roanoake.

Just outside Lakay I found A tiny church, literally waist height to Arthur. Straight away I though of some creepy doll house (when I was a kid I was terrified of porcelain dolls my ma had) I tried to get in but the door was too small. Then a gator popped up from nowhere and made me a midnight snack.

BoulderFaceplant

I got attacked by the Night Folk one time. Horse bucked me off and I had to shoot them quickly. They were wearing masks and face paint. None of them had guns, just knives and machetes. They didn’t utter a word, just silence as they plowed toward me like zombies. When they were all dead, Arthur muttered, “Goddamn swamp!”

Colter and any places in the Grizzlies West can be pretty scary after staying there a few days alone, without seeing anyone except the wildlife.

Leviath4n

- Roanoke Ridge, I was there at night and I began to hear voices, I came to the conclusion that the place was enchanted.

- Bayou Nwa for obvious reasons

RyuNova
6 hours ago, Leviath4n said:

- Roanoke Ridge, I was there at night and I began to hear voices, I came to the conclusion that the place was enchanted.

- Bayou Nwa for obvious reasons

xR3ZEqC.jpg

Equatecurl
On 11/6/2018 at 1:34 PM, Penicuikscotland2010 said:

I have to say Tall Tree's at night when it's dark. Something keeps screaming really loud from far away. Like a woman. I had a look and i saw no one. Yet when i went back to tanner's reach it started crying/screaming again. Dunno if it's an animal but it only does it at night and it's 99% NOT a bear. I swear it sounds scary as hell. If you want to hear it i was camping just by tanner's reach at about 1AM. 

Would be appreciated if someone could investigate. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ia7Jp62zNg

Elk calls?

Equatecurl

I wanna say the most western point of new austin, sea of cornado or whatever it is

its like pitch black over there and everything is kinda low res and bulky, the ambience was weird last time i was there too

you can also find a dead missionary in the area

Edited by Equatecurl

Darealbandicoot

The gold bar store 

Leviath4n
7 hours ago, RyuNova said:

xR3ZEqC.jpg

That day I was alone in my house at night playing rdr2 because my family was visiting my cousin who had left the hospital.

A few hours ago I had heard strange noises in a room and fortunately it was my cat.

A couple of hours passed, I started to hear voices, I was scared, but I paid more attention to the game and it was Roanoke Ridge.

It was creepy

newtothis
On 10/30/2018 at 3:03 AM, Cutter De Blanc said:

Holy sh*t, Pleasance takes the cake for new creepiest place I've found.

Hide contents

Checking the cemetery, it looks like everyone there was murdered Sept 17th 1883, a month after the place was founded.

0_0.jpg

wasn't that the town wiped out by a disease?

newtothis

Still on chapter 3 in story mode, I've been taking time to explore the map. there is a witch/hermit woman living in a small cabin in the north western edge of the map, before the snowy area, where the river begins. It was a mild shock and more amusing than creepy. she sics her dogs on you. 

I'm more interested in Limpany, didn't go back to the jail after seeing the bodies initially nor did i see anyone walking off with a body. i did go back while having a large bounty on my head, at night, and heard the weird noise some folks mentioned. it took me by surprise because i wasn't expecting it, it was pretty chilling. it would travel around when i tried to pinpoint it, the music also turned ominous like something was going to happen, strangest part, however, the save game option was locked, but nothing happened and before i knew it, the sound was coming from across the river. so i loaded the recent save, which was right before i got to limpany. same thing happened, but this time, on the edge of limpany, the map was showing a corpse, dont think i caused that. i went in armed, figured it was a trap set by some bounty hunters, but it was just a body, lol. it gives you the option to loot the body but looting it literally gives you nothing. 

that was all a first for me. 

Anyone figure out what the sound is?

UncleTacitus
Posted (edited)

The swamps. I'm horrified of nearly all reptiles, so walking amongst the gators and snakes is almost viscerally terrifying for me, especially at night. I'm not too fond of the Night Folk either...

I just keep telling myself "stick to the roads and it'll be allright"...😅

Edited by UncleTacitus

Media Monster

Anyone ever gone to Bear Claw at night. No thank you i hated that haunted as f*ck place in RDR 1. Go into third person, pull out your lantern and drop down into the well next to the top left cabin, then put your lantern away (has to be at night and have low honour) john will look like a zombie. Bear claw, beaver hollow, bayou nwa, and personally i always get spooked by the emerald oil fields cuz i think its a giant robot at first and im scared of robots. Dwemer centurions ruined my life.

iincarnal

On my first ride through Van Horn I heard probably the creepiest scream come from the lighthouse. I thought it was a random event and checked it out and there seemed to be nothing but the whole area has a creepy vibe. Nearly all the shops are locked up, that kid that went missing around that area, the fact the train station is all boarded up, there’s some stairs where if you go up there’s only one room not boarded up, the moment you enter a dog goes wild and starts barking, a man manifests out of literal nowhere and threatens you to leave AND there’s some dynamite just packed up in a corner, the guy at the post office literally LOOKS like the undead. Idk ... just ain’t it chief. 

Dan_1983

The swamps. Gators and night folk make it creepy.

Red Lynx 23

The whispering you hear while going through some trees in Roanoke Ridge, the ghost in the Bayou, who is buried behind Shady Belle. And something less supernatural, but yeah. The cabin that has a Grizzly Bear inside of it.

SneakyDeaky
On 2/25/2019 at 7:02 PM, Jabalous said:

On 2/25/2019 at 8:18 PM, Cutter De Blanc said:

I was just exploring Pleasance again, and as I was checking out the well, I very clearly heard a woman say, "That's just how things are around here, " like she was right next to me, and as I walked back over to the church the voice goes, "What a lovely day."

There were a couple of men a good distance away on the road, but no women anywhere nearby.

So yeah, this place seems haunted!

So this just happened to me last night, but I sadly didn't record it. As I approached the Pleasance sign, I heard a woman's voice say "That's just the way things go, I guess" right in Arthur's ear like she is right there. What's even weirder is a woman on a horse and a man on foot spawned together up the road and she had the same exact voice, unquestionably.

It's not reoccurring but I think I can reload an older save and try and experience it and this time record it.

Jonathan the Epic

I know I'm late but why does everyone think Limpany is creepy? It's just a burned down town? Please someone explain this.