3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Typhus

Creepiest area in the game?

Blasterman4EVER

Just as in real life... the South. In general.

Penicuikscotland2010
2 hours ago, DEADWOODZ said:

Probably those damn Skinner brothers...all i'm gonna say is, head east to Roanoke woods

I did in the pitch black, and holy sh*t!

I will do that. Looking forward to it. Haven't been up there much.  my horse will stay by me so i'm not alone lmao. 

Did the vid work for you btw? :)

Edited by Penicuikscotland2010

Cutter De Blanc

Well, I just found a manmade mutant in a house up in Roanoke, that was weird.

DEADWOODZ
23 minutes ago, Penicuikscotland2010 said:

I will do that. Looking forward to it. Haven't been up there much.  my horse will stay by me so i'm not alone lmao. 

Did the vid work for you btw? :)

Yeah, the video worked...those Skinner brothers give me the creeps!

Cutter De Blanc

Holy crap, just broke into a house east of Emerald Ranch, Osman Grove. The whole family appears to have died instantly and without warning nor explanation as to how. f*cking crazy.

Edit: On further investigation after being thoroughly creeped the f*ck out, they appear to have died from carbon monoxide poisoning or something,theres a little stove putting out smoke or something that is filling the house. Gonna see if I die if I stay in here too long

edit 2 got too creeped out and left

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

3Prcntr

I have yet to explore a bunch of the spots mentioned. But I did get knifed to death by those creepy mud dwelling southerners in the bayou. I thought that murderer who left all the clues to find him would've been creepy too but it was kind of lame. Easy kill. I have the grizzlies east cave, butchers creek and the other ones mentioned here added to my list. If someone actually made a list with all these creepy encounters and spooky areas, that would be cool. Maybe even sticky worthy if done right.

Jabalous

The Bayou and Roanoke Ridge, especially during foggy nights. They feel creepier when you realize that there are night folk and Murfree Broods, respectively, lurking around. I'd also consider Tall Trees at night with the large sequoia trees and the thought of the Skinner Brothers and their gruesome ways of murdering campers.  

Edited by Jabalous

~INDIO~
On 10/28/2018 at 11:50 PM, AlidarJarok said:

I found a old house that had like 6 or so beds. Each one had a skeleton in it and at the far side of the house set a skeleton at a desk. Found it when doing of of the treasure map hunts.

I went in there at night and a huge green light appeared through the roof, lighting up the skeleton in the chair facing me.. since found out it was a ufo.. creepy as hell

SonOfLiberty

Just about everywhere where there's no immediate population feels creepy as f*ck in this game, but that's why it has such a rich atmosphere. It's more unnerving than some horror games. Hell even parts of Saint Denis make me feel like Jack The Ripper might jump out of the f*cking darkness lol. 

R* really hit the ball out of the park with this one.

morkobork
On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 7:20 PM, SAS_Intruder said:

Yeah, there is a strange house somewhere in East Grizzlies,  beautiful area with meadows covered in flowers and a lot of wild horses.  There are a few hunting cabins around, one is very nice with watch tower and place to sleep.

However,  there is that small creepy house surrounded by threes. I could hear raven or a crow just right there and inside there is something cooking in a pot and we have option to try it. Since I wasn't sure of the effects and it was 3 AM, I decided to skip like a coward I am. Anyone here who ate whatever is that in that pot?

I did try it.

Spoiler

I got knocked out and woke up some few hundred meters away. Nothing else happenend to me.

Fidzy
On 10/28/2018 at 11:50 PM, AlidarJarok said:

I found a old house that had like 6 or so beds. Each one had a skeleton in it and at the far side of the house set a skeleton at a desk. Found it when doing of of the treasure map hunts.

That'd be Hani's Bethel. There's some weird sh*t that went on there and I'm pretty sure there's some notes or letters around for you to find out. Seems to be like a cult thing.

Nutduster

Creepiest for me has to be the Murfree cave you clear out with Charles. I found that cave on my own before that mission - also at night - and was massively creeped out. When the mission came up later, I got the willies all over again.

The Nite Folk area in the bayou before you camp there is a very close second. Not quite as gory, but they are scarier than the Murfrees. They're like NPC cougars.

Third is the serial killer's lair. Man this game has some creepy stuff in it.

Edited by Nutduster

Dr.Rosenthal

For me it’s gotta be Bayou Nwa (”Bayou Noir” = Black Bayou for those unfamiliar with creole, which I was before reading up).

It’s ok riding through that place at night using the roads, but stop, get off your horse and go on foot through there or wade through the swamps... that gives me the creeps.

There’s plenty of weird, insane and scary stuff in this game though. I love it.

I think beside everthing you guys mentionned, I would say Tall Trees.

Even by roaming in day time, I'm scared, I never know if a pack of wolves or a bear is gonna jump on me or if some skinner or whatever is hiding in the bush.

Many people who pass through the forest get attacked and killed, I've seen it with my own eyes.

Let alone going there at night time, no thanks.

Not mentionning the werewolf myth from RDR1 that originated from there.

Edited by anthony

roggek

My personal creepiest area is Colter (The first camp in chapter one in the moutains).
It feels everytime as someone is "watching" me from somewhere...

But most parts in the game at night feels creepy one way or another. Especially when the fog sets in.. 
Rockstar has done a damn good job on the athmosphere is RDR2.

Penicuikscotland2010
15 minutes ago, roggek said:

My personal creepiest area is Colter (The first camp in chapter one in the moutains).
It feels everytime as someone is "watching" me from somewhere...

But most parts in the game at night feels creepy one way or another. Especially when the fog sets in.. 
Rockstar has done a damn good job on the athmosphere is RDR2.

Same here. It's quite a strange feeling up in colton. Like someone is watching you as you said. 

VercettiGuy

Who are those Skinner Brothers?

Don't think I've heard of them yet

Priyantha1
5 hours ago, VercettiGuy said:

Who are those Skinner Brothers?

Don't think I've heard of them yet

You will get to know them in epilogue 2

They are a friendly bunch

woggleman
10 hours ago, Nutduster said:

Creepiest for me has to be the Murfree cave you clear out with Charles. I found that cave on my own before that mission - also at night - and was massively creeped out. When the mission came up later, I got the willies all over again.

The Nite Folk area in the bayou before you camp there is a very close second. Not quite as gory, but they are scarier than the Murfrees. They're like NPC cougars.

Third is the serial killer's lair. Man this game has some creepy stuff in it.

Those screams during that mission are blood curdling.

DrDetroit
10 hours ago, Fidzy said:

That'd be Hani's Bethel. There's some weird sh*t that went on there and I'm pretty sure there's some notes or letters around for you to find out. Seems to be like a cult thing.

This scene, with the skeletons in bed, all wearing shoes, is based on that Heavens Gate cult.  They all committed suicide wearing Nike's, under the covers in their beds (feet sticking out of the covers all with white Nike shoes), thinking that a UFO was behind a comet that passed close to earth back in the late 90's, and that they had to shed their bodies in order to get picked up by said UFO.  Strange stuff.

Also, that Dragik fella, who you meet in Saint Denis, then at his lab located to the most northern part of Roanoke Ridge, is actually based on Nikola Tesla.  The guy who made long distant transmission of electricity using AC current, instead of DC.  Also invented the Tesla Coil, radio control transmissions, and modern day electric generators - just to name a few.  Fascinating guy...Tesla, that is.  Marconi didn't invent/discover radio transmission - Tesla did.  Marconi actually used Tesla patents to test his radio transmission.

Good day!

DrDetroit

Edited by DrDetroit

Rykjeklut
On 10/30/2018 at 8:03 AM, Cutter De Blanc said:

Holy sh*t, Pleasance takes the cake for new creepiest place I've found.

Reveal hidden contents

Checking the cemetery, it looks like everyone there was murdered Sept 17th 1883, a month after the place was founded.

0_0.jpg

Plague or another disease.

What's the deal with Limpany? Isn't it just a burnt down town?

OT: The swamp/bayou. Hands down. The gators, the fog..the night people.

docholladay1976

The creepiest bit for me was in the Lagras area.   I was on foot, walking around trying to find the source of this weird bird call.  It was at night, dark as hell, it was getting louder but I still couldn't see what was making it.  

Then, I heard it really loud, like it was right behind me, so I spun around and came face to face with the night people.  I didn't even know they were in the game which made it all the more better.  I quickly killed them and got the hell out of there. 

Cutter De Blanc

Camping out in Old Harry Fen around midnight. Firstly, there's a goddamn panther running around this forest, so there's that, couple it with the fact that the trees make it dark as f*ck during noon, and the heavy fog rolling in, causing the campfire to just cast a red haze in a ten foot circle, rather than anything resembling light, and I'd say this area is pretty creepy

RyuNova

The place I was talking about the other day.

Just a cabin in the middle of some woodland, you open the door and its just full of the rotting corpses of a family including a child still on his rocking horse. All of them are in the middle of doing something like they all just died at once without realisng the others are dead or dying.

JC_HUMBLE

Definitely Roanoke Ridge It got some "Wrong Turn", "Blair Witch" vibes.

unfairlane

I`ve lived in a haunted house with lots of activity for years so I`m not too easily scared, but the swamps, specially at night is not the place to be.

The swamps, including the bait-shop. Was attacked by the locals there and after giving them a few rounds I realized that they were zombies. 

Came over this tiny woman (in white) crying in the swamps at night so I went off my horse to ask her what was wrong. She killed me with a knife, been looking for revenge since but she hasn`t shown up

Cutter De Blanc

I get this really uneasy feeling when I hang around Mescalero. The creepy little rock design isn't there anymore and was replaced by... nothing. Just an empty grass plain. It's as though someone forgot to put anything in this area. Erie quiet there too. I felt too uncomfortable to stay the night, and left before sundown both times I visited.

SAS_Intruder

No area is creepy enough for my double barrel loaded with slugs. She makes me feel like a super hero lol

BretMaverick777
On 11/26/2018 at 6:59 PM, DrDetroit said:

Also, that Dragik fella, who you meet in Saint Denis, then at his lab located to the most northern part of Roanoke Ridge, is actually based on Nikola Tesla.  The guy who made long distant transmission of electricity using AC current, instead of DC.  Also invented the Tesla Coil, radio control transmissions, and modern day electric generators - just to name a few.  Fascinating guy...Tesla, that is.  Marconi didn't invent/discover radio transmission - Tesla did.  Marconi actually used Tesla patents to test his radio transmission.

CfvoeGI.jpg

I love how faithfully Rockstar reproduced Tesla's real world Wardenclyffe lab (Long Island, NY) as Doverhill in Roanoke Ridge. 

Possebility
On 11/6/2018 at 7:34 PM, Penicuikscotland2010 said:

I have to say Tall Tree's at night when it's dark. Something keeps screaming really loud from far away. Like a woman. I had a look and i saw no one. Yet when i went back to tanner's reach it started crying/screaming again. Dunno if it's an animal but it only does it at night and it's 99% NOT a bear. I swear it sounds scary as hell. If you want to hear it i was camping just by tanner's reach at about 1AM. 

Would be appreciated if someone could investigate. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ia7Jp62zNg

this