4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Merle Travis

How do I remove a saddle from a horse?

Merle Travis

I have the tennesse walker that you start with but want another horse I found in the wilderness. How do I remove the saddle from the tennesse walker and put it on another horse? In help menu it says, approach main horse and hold left trigger and hold d-pad up to take off the saddle. I do that but nothing happens, Arthur only whistles for the horse. And there is not any option for take off saddle in the list that shows with left trigger pushed. I only see only options Pat, Lead etc. Can you remove a saddle or not?

Edited by Merle Travis

BerntBalchen

Middle pad up i guess. Just walk up to your horse (close), and hit LT then pad up. When you hit the LT you get a long meny of choices and one of the choices of taking the saddle off. If not, i dont know.

Edited by BerntBalchen

Merle Travis
9 minutes ago, BerntBalchen said:

Middle pad up i guess. Just walk up to your horse (close), and hit LT then pad up. When you hit the LT you get a long meny of choices and one of the choices of taking the saddle off. If not, i dont know.

Do you mean the menu that shows Pat, Lead etc? Because I get that menu but not an option to take the saddle off.

SeniorDerp
44 minutes ago, Merle Travis said:

I have the tennesse walker but want another horse I found in the wilderness. How do I remove the saddle from the horse and put it on another horse? In help menu it says, approach main horse and hold left trigger and hold d-pad up. I do that but nothing happens, Arthur only whistles for the horse?

Before you do anything, bond with the horse you want to use, you can’t saddle an unbonded horse. I’d hitch your current horse at camp, go get the one you want, click L3 the whole time riding back to bond as quick as possible, once you’re bonded go near your original horse, remove the saddle and carry it over to the new horse.

Note, I haven’t done this personally, this is suggested based off what I’ve done and what I’ve read in the pop ups about bonding and moving your saddle

edit: just saw your question about removing the saddle, I want to say you do it standing next to the horse, hold RB for the horse wheel and I think it’s somewhere in there 

Edited by SeniorDerp

Merle Travis
3 minutes ago, SeniorDerp said:

Before you do anything, bond with the horse you want to use, you can’t saddle an unbonded horse. I’d hitch your current horse at camp, go get the one you want, click L3 the whole time riding back to bond as quick as possible, once you’re bonded go near your original horse, remove the saddle and carry it over to the new horse.

Note, I haven’t done this personally, this is suggested based off what I’ve done and what I’ve read in the pop ups about bonding and moving your saddle

The problem is I can't remove the saddle from the Tennesse Walker. There is no option to do so.

5 minutes ago, SeniorDerp said:

edit: just saw your question about removing the saddle, I want to say you do it standing next to the horse, hold RB for the horse wheel and I think it’s somewhere in there 

Hold RB? That does nothing.

SeniorDerp

Manual says to Hold LT then hold D-up while approaching the horse to remove saddle OR take the new horse to a stable, saddle it using the menus (you only have 1 saddle) and it’ll automatically stable your other horse

Edited by SeniorDerp

Merle Travis
4 minutes ago, SeniorDerp said:

Manual says to Hold LT then hold D-up while approaching the horse to remove saddle OR take the new horse to a stable, saddle it (you only have 1 saddle) and it’ll automatically stable your other horse

Nope, does not work. I am holding LT, I get the menu with "Pat, Lead" etc. I then try to either click or press up on d-pad and Arthur starts whistling. This is so god damn frustrating lol, how the fck do I remove the saddle?😂

Edited by Merle Travis

SeniorDerp

Try the stable way.. or just kill the damn thing lol

Merle Travis
Just now, SeniorDerp said:

Try the stable way.. or just kill the damn thing lol

Haha thanks. But I should be able to remove the saddle right? People are saying you can.

SeniorDerp

From what I’ve read, yeah. The only time I’ve had to remove mine was when my horse died. Next time I’m on (next hour or two) I’ll try and remove it and report back