2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Miztix

Anyone else finding clothing customization to be disappointing?

Alex Francisco
9 minutes ago, ¡MAYDAY! said:

Raising your honor level unlocks a lot of different clothes

What? Where is this stated? My honor level has gotten pretty high. Haven't noticed any new clothes.

djb204
11 hours ago, Miztix said:

Been through a lot of shops and didn't find anything satisfying, the game has been in development for 8 years and they haven't thought of adding more than 6 shirts, the ability to remove your suspenders and to button up your coat/jacket like in the prologue, not even a poncho? I only hope red dead online will have something more mesmerizing.

Rockstar probably withheld a large quantity of cosmetic items in order to stretch out their future DLC content. Like GTA Online we will see waves of cosmetic items being released with every new Red Dead Online DLC pack.

¡MAYDAY!
1 minute ago, Alex Francisco said:

What? Where is this stated? My honor level has gotten pretty high. Haven't noticed any new clothes.

Read it somewhere, Level 3 honor unlocks like 5 or 6 outfits you can buy, max level honor unlocks another 3 or 4. This is actually a lot of clothes because then you can individualally equip whatever single piece of clothing from those outfits you want. 

SAS_Intruder
7 hours ago, Miztix said:

Vaizdo rezultatas pagal užklausÄ ârdr2 winter arthurâ

Doesn't seem like a problem

Well it does work like that but I am not sure how common it was. Because even today when people open carry their guns, they wouldn't want to put the belt just around your body  without actually using it with your pants that have belt loops to hold it together better. Having it around the coat isn't very secure, at least imo.

8 hours ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

Do they? I didn't check the outfits section

Is it different articles of individual clothing available?

Just different outfits that are associated with surrounding area. In Saint Denise it is mostly city outfits,  elegant and "civilized ".

Edited by SAS_Intruder

I really want to close my coat when I'm going in the cold at -20°C, like in the intro..I don't get why it's not possible. Or at least the exact same outfit available, that way I can put it on from my horse directly.

Edited by anthony

tre288

No coat similar to charles with the hood, and no poncho are the biggest disappointments for me, that's kind of it.

wxflurry

I agree that the inability to button coats or at least use Arthur's full outfit from the intro is disappointing (because that coat looks badass when buttoned but less so when not). That being said, I'm personally very pleased on the whole with the clothing options in this game. It's true that there aren't like a million different items, but IMO the number of items plus the crucial facts that (1) you can layer as you please and (2) everything comes in an ASS LOAD of different colors/patterns more than makes up for that. 

Audiophile

Yeah, I am a bit disappointed. It's just a minor gripe but I do wish we had more options. Nothing ridiculous like GTA, but something a bit more than what we have currently.

I would also love the option to get different belt styles, so that it doesn't hang low, but at the waist properly. I would also love the option to not have suspenders on....I kind of hate suspenders. It's funny that there is an option to remove boots and go shoe-less but not one to go without suspenders. Plus, parroting others, the option to button/un-button coats. 

ROCKSTAR PLEASE!

Oldsport

yeah basically i just wish we could buy a poncho like javiers or something. you can get a sombrero u can find and keep but itd go perfect with a poncho

DirtyDan0311

kinda bummed to hear that saint denis doesn't have different clothing options. I didn't realize that we could buy an outfit and hand pick what we want from it, makes sense now. Just started Ch 3 and was looking forward to new clothing later on. A jacket like micah's would be awesome too

RyuNova

The gunbelts used in this game with "drop-down" holsters are a creation of Westerns, they made it easier for the actors to holster their guns without looking.

The holsters would have been firmly attached to the users actual belt that keeps their trousers up.

The Algerian

I assume people complaining did notice you can't find outfits only in the general stores?

Like, there's a trapper that offers new clothes if you get them the pelts for it?

Also I found this nice and probably very rare little hat, meaning you can very well just find clothes in the world:

0_0.jpg

RyuNova
6 minutes ago, The Algerian said:

Also I found this nice and probably very rare little hat, meaning you can very well just find clothes in the world:

Tricorns are f*cking amazing. I am tempted to ask where you got it but I wanna find it for myself. Your picture helps, I will keep an eye out for boats. Please don't tell me.

The Algerian
1 minute ago, RyuNova said:

Tricorns are f*cking amazing. I am tempted to ask where you got it but I wanna find it for myself. Your picture helps, I will keep an eye out for boats. Please don't tell me.

I wasn't going to say even if you asked, I want to hold on to the idea that I might be the only one who's got this hat right now.

😄

RyuNova
1 minute ago, The Algerian said:

I wasn't going to say even if you asked, I want to hold on to the idea that I might be the only one who's got this hat right now.

😄

I have seen another guy on here that has it. It could be you...

Mister Pinkerton

I'm very happy with the clothing system. I was so impressed by options to wear open top button on shirt or closed. Or wearing boots on outside of trousers or inside. The option to buy an item of clothing and then choose the colour is so valuable. How often have you seen an item of clothing but hated the colour in GTA or the colour didn't quite match with the rest of the outfit you had in mind? 

The only mild let-down is that I went to the swanky tailors in Saint-Denis and expected a whole wider range of clothing but wasn't really impressed by the styles down there. Also, some of the stores stocked the same clothing. I was hoping every store is unique. 

The Algerian
1 minute ago, Mister Pink said:

I'm very happy with the clothing system. I was so impressed by options to wear open top button on shirt or closed. Or wearing boots on outside of trousers or inside. The option to buy an item of clothing and then choose the colour is so valuable. How often have you seen an item of clothing but hated the colour in GTA or the colour didn't quite match with the rest of the outfit you had in mind? 

The only mild let-down is that I went to the swanky tailors in Saint-Denis and expected a whole wider range of clothing but wasn't really impressed by the styles down there. Also, some of the stores stocked the same clothing. I was hoping every store is unique. 

How?
I've heard you can choose to roll up your sleeves and stuff like that in previews, but I figured that was just BS since I can't find any option to do so.

Mister Pinkerton

@The Algerian When you have chosen clothing option, look out for the "Modify" option. It's controlled using L or R thumbstick. 

Edited by Mister Pink

The Algerian
Just now, Mister Pink said:

Look out for the "Modify" option. It's controlled using L or R thumbstick. 

Ok, I'll check it out, but I really don't remember ever seeing this.

Is it when you're buying? Or also when changing clothes?

The Algerian
22 minutes ago, Mister Pink said:

@The Algerian When you have chosen clothing option, look out for the "Modify" option. It's controlled using L or R thumbstick. 

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH, Okaaaaay, I see now.

It's when you chose between shirts/hats/coats etc. In the very first screen of the "change clothes" menu.

Nice! Thanks.

RyuNova
20 minutes ago, The Algerian said:

Ok, I'll check it out, but I really don't remember ever seeing this.

Is it when you're buying? Or also when changing clothes?

Go to your clothing chest anywhere you can sleep and when the menu pops up press Square/X (look at the bottom right hand corner for "Modify" and you can choose shirt sleeves up or down, collar open or closed and pants tucked or loose.

The Algerian
Just now, RyuNova said:

Go to your clothing chest anywhere you can sleep and when the menu pops up press Square/X (look at the bottom right hand corner for "Modify" and you can choose shirt sleeves up or down, collar open or closed and pants tucked or loose.

I just found it, thanks.

I can finally stop looking like Steve Urkel from the waist down.

RyuNova
2 minutes ago, The Algerian said:

I just found it, thanks.

I can finally stop looking like Steve Urkel from the waist down.

Boots tucked or untucked?

The Algerian
Just now, RyuNova said:

Boots tucked or untucked?

Untucked is cooler.

RyuNova
2 minutes ago, The Algerian said:

Untucked is cooler.

Really? Why wear boots if you cant see them? I mean in general. Might as well be wearing jeans and trainers today.

The Algerian
12 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

Really? Why wear boots if you cant see them?

I can see 'em plenty. And just the part I need.

Each his own, having the pants tucked down your boots just looks both very dorky and hillbillish to me.

Edited by The Algerian

RyuNova
5 minutes ago, The Algerian said:

I can see 'em plenty. And just the part I need.

Each is own, having the pants tucked down your boots just looks both very dorky and hillbillish to me.

I ain't condemning you, its your game but having boots on and having your pants outside of them defeats the purpose of boots. Like wearing a Duster but scooting around on your butt.

The Algerian
1 minute ago, RyuNova said:

I ain't condemning you, its your game but having boots on and having your pants outside of them defeats the purpose of boots. Like wearing a Duster but scooting around on your butt.

Agree to disagree. Again, to each his own, you think tucked is cooler, and I really don't, that's pretty much it.

HopalongCasidy

I love this forum sometimes.  You guys are so cute when you get fired up about playing dress up.  

nubcaker

The system is amazing. Okay, maybe some stores could have a bit more variety in clothing, but don't forget you can also craft a wide variety of clothing. Overall I'm happy with the system.