3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Topsu

Help with "Panoramic Map"

Topsu

Hi, I found this map from two dead corpses near Spider Gorge. It's a drawn panoramic, and I think it shows the view from the top of Mount Shann looking at the Heatlands. However there doesn't seem to be anything up here on the mountain? And the map is not even called a treasure map, it's in the normal map category.

Anyone else make any sense of this, is there something hidden on Mount Shann or is this just a fancy pic?

Pic is the panoramic map and the approximate location on Mt. Shann.

slke6cr.jpg

Topsu

Also, one thing I thought. Could this be an easter egg / shoutout to this forum and the Mapping Thread? The map certainly reminds me about a lot of the crazy images people were able to make based off the trailers and screenshots with the lines.

Edited by Topsu

Topsu

Ok I just found a yeti skeleton.

Interesting

nbXrgEr.jpg

Topsu

Can inspect the giant bones and Arthur notes it in the journal, nothing else happens...

itsspeltdillon

If you pull open the main map (pause menu) and trace it to the "lit up" spots on the Panoramic, you see all the towns are marked (even your Chapter 3 camp) that's all I've gotten so far

Fjolltzu

I found it too by accident, didnt make anything of it though. Maybe it has to do with the ufo stuff? Where did you find the yeti btw? 

JumpingKentFlash

I was going from the westernmost lake in the Grizzlies to the corpse with that map and saw a mammoth/elephant skeleton. Didn’t inspect it though.

shininglittlefield

I found painting down a little foot path on top of Mt Shann. Has the same type of radial lines that the map has with a what looks like a compass. No idea what it means. Its a bit hard to find. On the map its at the heel of the right foot of the giant's skeleton.

0_0.jpg

Edited by shininglittlefield

REDRAMROD

If you wait at the top during the night you see a UFO that's two spots that have a ufo encounter you have to stand in the spot the panoramic map indicates ! I have tried a few times to see it again but it does not work I wonder why..

My thoughts on this are when i saw the white line painting : the lines on the map are only 5 and the rock painting has 6 but no star point on the sixth line. and the small compass point star thing seems to be indicating a direction with the arrow. So I think the pano map indicates the place to stand to see the ufo and the ufo gives the next clue as indicated by the white line rock painting ?

Edited by REDRAMROD

p1ntman

https://twitter.com/p1ntman/status/1057279142490714113?s=21

Gentlemen. 

Ive found a cabin with skeletons inside, looks like a ceremony. Found this note -- see link -- 

has to be connected in some way. 

Contact me on twitter to discuss. 

@p1ntman 

Edited by p1ntman

p1ntman
1 hour ago, p1ntman said:

Gentlemen. 

Ive found a cabin with skeletons inside, looks like a ceremony. Found this note -- see link -- 

has to be connected in some way. 

Contact me on twitter to discuss. 

@p1ntman 

Just found this, at the 'mysterious hill home' (hobbit/lotr reference?) 

https://mobile.twitter.com/p1ntman/status/1057303360150351875

tomanyninjas

it definitely feels as though there is something to this, i am not sure if the UFO is related though. 

In the rock drawing that will be a compass in the top corner with the arrow which is typically north, now the possible link between that rock drawing and the panoramic drawing is that when you are stood where that drawing is drawn and facing the same way, north is in the same direction on you're compass as in the rock drawing.

Coincidence maybe? i don't know. I also noticed that near the very highest tip of MT Shann, towards the north east is a slightly lower tip with a small monolith on top, around it is a bunch of rocks placed around, seven of these rocks have arrows on them. it happens to be the northern half of the rocks.

Maybe none of this is related and its purely just navigational drawings of the time.

BIT_SOLDIER

0_0.jpgI found this on a peak in Mount Shann... Maybe is a mystery part

Edit: UFO in Mount Shann Confirmed

https://imgur.com/w73f9gc

https://pt.socialclub.rockstargames.com/photo/rdr2/Azz5ampzDUC0REZtnxqFjg

Soppycloochmcrodbod

If you go by Roanoke valley at night while foggy I n this exact location you will hear a voice whisper you should hear a voice say “ you should be ashamed Eugene hunt” http://IMG_0132.JPG

Edited by Soppycloochmcrodbod
I didn’t know how to insert pics

Soppycloochmcrodbod

Guys I found the panoramic location it’s where you find the yeti skeleton look straight out and look at the picture is the same place I’m gonna explore it I’ll update on what I find 

R*Phenomenon

How pleased i am with the collectors edition guide... :)

Gallows
18 minutes ago, R*Phenomenon said:

How pleased i am with the collectors edition guide... :)

The guide is brilliant, but i’ll not use it to progress until I am completely stuck and maybe only have a few percent left to do. I do use it to find animals I need, which is nice. 

AnonDragon

This is what I'm thinking with the panaramic map....

https://imgur.com/oilZQji

https://imgur.com/a/7nV16gc

I've been to a couple of the locations but not found anything out of the ordinary.

Maybe my mesurements are bit off,  bu the general area looks about right.... anyone care to take a look and see if you have better luck? 🧐

Edited by AnonDragon
add links

Teliahulken

I dont know if you noticed,There is arrow markings in different colours on the top Stones on mount shann. Maybe that can help?

tinker

I think that different colors of the arrows on the stones may indicate different colors of the stars (or planets?) which can be found in the sky if you look straight according to the arrows directions. Maybe it's also somehow connected with the painting on the rock. The arrows on the rock painting form a half-circle and the arrows on the stones also form a half-circle. I think there may be a mapping between the stones arrows and the painting arrows. For example, if you stand right behind the yellow arrow stone and watch the sky in this direction, you may find a small yellow star which is not very high from the horizon line - and it can correspond with the shortest arrow of the rock painting. Probably a rockstar (lol) which reminds of a compass is a star in the sky which can be found using the other stars on the hill with the stones. And an arrow going from this huge star points on some new location.

Iroquois
On 10/31/2018 at 10:51 AM, BIT_SOLDIER said:

0_0.jpgI found this on a peak in Mount Shann... Maybe is a mystery part

Edit: UFO in Mount Shann Confirmed

https://imgur.com/w73f9gc

https://pt.socialclub.rockstargames.com/photo/rdr2/Azz5ampzDUC0REZtnxqFjg

I would like to explain what this is in this photo. This structure is a reference to Ireland. In Ireland, there is a place called newgrange which is irish version of the pyramids. Its also much older. Very close by to this newgrange pyramid thing, is a hill. I did a tour there to both places, and on this hill is a structure that looks >90% identical to this. The legend behind this structure is that ppl used to go up to this and stand within the circle and touch the pillar. It supposedly lights up and the earth shakes if the person who touches it is the chosen one to become king or something like that. They even did a segment on this on ancient aliens. Same thing for the whole giant skeleton thing. Giants supposedly lived in the US before the native americans, their bones were taken by the smithsonian to be studied, the government found out, stole them, and destroyed all their evidence of giants. The fact that a ufo appears, suggest that R* was trying to use the Ancient Aliens tv show as a reference for this game's secrets.

The Algerian

Yeah, I spent 4h yesterday, looking for the exact spot, turns out it's just yet another of R* obsession with UFO easter eggs.

I wish they'd give it a rest or at least hide them better so I don't waste my time on it.

It was especially hard since it appears at night, and I skip night time when I'm looking for treasure, so I can see better.

NaughtySlippers

Not entirely certain if it's been mentioned, but if you follow the path down a little bit past the giant skeleton there will be a carving you can inspect on a cliff wall. It's  a carving of a little rocket ship and a DNA helix. Probably linked to the whole ancient alien obsession. 

Timtim241

The first ufo spotting is in the cult cabin with the dead bodies. There is a note to tell you to go to the top of mount shann. Once I got there I found a rock formation. Around the tall rock are rocks with arrows drawn on them. There is one rock that is mostly covered in snow with the arrow kind of etched in the snow. It is pointing directly to the place where I found the panoramic map (outside of Cairn lake and adjacent to flaco Hernandez location). I used the panoramic and looked for a peak on mount shann until I could line it up with what the drawing looked like ( the place I found was about 150 meters or so east of the rock formation. When you look off of it you get a clear view of the map. The lines are drawn to cities in the map I think. I think this is only meant to be a reference point for where to stand to see the second ufo sighting and I’m not sure what time or what the moon has to be for it to show. As for all of the other arrows around the rock formation, I do not know what they are. Perhaps they are directions for other Easter eggs. This is my take on what I have found so far.

sorry for no pictures. Had trouble figuring out how to post. If anyone needs pics I’ll figure out how to post them. I tried to be as descriptive as I could

Urban Legends

Been going real hard on this today and its been kind of exciting. 

Opened the map in thus little hut ontop a. Montain.. Traced one line to the tunnel in the 1st train robbery and another line traced to the prospector panning for gold along a river stream. I Seek I Find

The prospector just found a gold nugget and Im tailing gim up a. Mountain! 

Zombiejaeger

Stand at the spot and look at the map, where does the lines go? They go to the locations of Valentine, Rhodes, St Denis, Blackwater and Strawberry. All the towns.

I think that's pretty much it about it.