1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

What animals attack or hunt the player?

Sebor

I actually had noted all these down some years back:

https://github.com/subvod/examples/blob/master/RDR2.MD#animal-attacks

On 2/13/2023 at 10:24 PM, Cutter De Blanc said:

It's always randomly when I'm riding by, surprises me. I hang out with the little guy when they do that, can't bring myself to kill them

I recall you mentioned that black bear encounter some time ago. Never run across any hostile coyotes or foxes myself, though.

7 hours ago, sunhuntin said:

Very early on, I was down near the river below the Valentine camp. My horse threw me, and the next thing a buck came out of nowhere and headbutted me. Went A over K down a stony slope. Funniest thing ever. Never happened since.

I've been killed by a buck before. Was crouched on a cliff near the train tracks east of Cattail, looking for perched eagles and hawks with binocs. Had low health bar and core, wasn't thinking, then heard that grunt, got sent a few hundred feet down, and died from fall damage.

• 2 weeks later...
Edward RDRIII
On 2/15/2023 at 1:22 PM, subvod said:

I actually had noted all these down some years back:

https://github.com/subvod/examples/blob/master/RDR2.MD#animal-attacks

I recall you mentioned that black bear encounter some time ago. Never run across any hostile coyotes or foxes myself, though.

I've been killed by a buck before. Was crouched on a cliff near the train tracks east of Cattail, looking for perched eagles and hawks with binocs. Had low health bar and core, wasn't thinking, then heard that grunt, got sent a few hundred feet down, and died from fall damage.

I didn't know the Potent and Special Health Cures could eliminate poison and venom from Arthur's organism, what about the Regular Health Cure? Not the opened one.

• 2 weeks later...
billiejoearmstrong8

So do black bears never ever attack whatever you do? I chased one around while literally kicking its arse and it still did nothing. Muskrats and raccoons put up more of a fight!

On 2/28/2023 at 1:43 PM, Edward RDRIII said:

I didn't know the Potent and Special Health Cures could eliminate poison and venom from Arthur's organism, what about the Regular Health Cure? Not the opened one.

Regular and Opened Health Cures don't cure poison. It has to be either Potent or Special. IIRC the Potent and Special Miracle Tonics work the same way.

Edward RDRIII
45 minutes ago, subvod said:

Regular and Opened Health Cures don't cure poison. It has to be either Potent or Special. IIRC the Potent and Special Miracle Tonics work the same way.

I guess it's related to their ingredients then.

billiejoearmstrong8
On 3/9/2023 at 12:08 AM, Edward RDRIII said:

I guess it's related to their ingredients then.

Regular does work, I was just playing and got bitten by a snake and a regular health cure cured it (I had remembered seeing your post about it here so I specifically used a regular one to check). I don't know about opened.

• Like 1

Edward RDRIII
1 minute ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Regular does work, I was just playing and got bitten by a snake and a regular health cure cured it (I had remembered seeing your post about it here so I specifically used a regular one to check). I don't know about opened.

Good to know then, it's better to just use it than open the satchel to search for ginseng or whatever, it's much quicker.

36 minutes ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Are you sure? After drinking a Regular does it show "Poison" in the Character Stats menu? I swear when I tested those that Regular and Opened tonics don't cure snake venom.

billiejoearmstrong8
7 minutes ago, subvod said:

Are you sure? After drinking a Regular does it show "Poison" in the Character Stats menu? I swear when I tested those that Regular and Opened tonics don't cure snake venom.

Hmm I was sure the pop up came up to say the poison wore off as soon as I drank it. But I will check again (and check properly by looking in the stats) next time I get poisoned.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

4 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Hmm I was sure the pop up came up to say the poison wore off as soon as I drank it. But I will check again (and check properly by looking in the stats) next time I get poisoned.

Yes, please do. I'd love to know how because I just tested it and Regular Health Cure still doesn't cure snake bite unless it's for the NPC random encounter. I tested that originally on v1.0.1491.16 (Rockstar Launcher) but it's doing the same on DODI's repack of v1.0.1436.28 also.

billiejoearmstrong8
6 hours ago, subvod said:

Yes, please do. I'd love to know how because I just tested it and Regular Health Cure still doesn't cure snake bite unless it's for the NPC random encounter. I tested that originally on v1.0.1491.16 (Rockstar Launcher) but it's doing the same on DODI's repack of v1.0.1436.28 also.

I could be mistaken, I'll report back whenever I get the chance to test it

billiejoearmstrong8
On 3/12/2023 at 12:03 AM, subvod said:

Reporting back. I got bitten by a rattlesnake in the bayou and was poisoned. Took a (regular) health cure, it immediately said the poison effects were gone and checking the stats showed no poison. So seems like it works on whatever version I'm playing at least (Xbox One with all updates).