3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

lefantome

GTA VI will be set in San Andreas and will include GTAV map

Beato_dim
On 11/10/2018 at 6:41 AM, JuliusCaesar said:

True, a story every six months is a bit reaching. 30 bucks for a story every year, though, they would definitely make "even more" than they did with shark cards, no doubt in my mind.

I don't think the Episodes earned them that much... and you surely underestimate the power of pay2win. After all, the developers flock to this model for one specific reason - it works really well, at least, for now.

JuliusCaesar

I should be more clear; I don't mean stop doing shark cards, I'm saying more that with the success of GTA Online and the money it has been making, there is no excuse not to invest that in more stories for this huge wasted map which is just... you know, GTA V is just not a GTA in my eyes. Once the single player is over, you notice how much goes unused and unexplored. It just doesn't even feel like a GTA. It's like someone else bought the franchise to be frank.

Wolver_321
16 hours ago, JuliusCaesar said:

I should be more clear; I don't mean stop doing shark cards, I'm saying more that with the success of GTA Online and the money it has been making, there is no excuse not to invest that in more stories for this huge wasted map which is just... you know, GTA V is just not a GTA in my eyes. Once the single player is over, you notice how much goes unused and unexplored. It just doesn't even feel like a GTA. It's like someone else bought the franchise to be frank.

Yep, I agree... GTA Online seems now like Just Cause and Saints Row, and it's a shame because the concept idea of every DLC was fantastic! Run a nightclub, steal and sell cars/crates, become a MC president for producing narcotics and a be smuggler are always been part of GTA, but sadly all these beautiful ideas were literally destroyed by vehicles that didn't make sense at all and the grindy businesses.

Shark Crads should have had the same impact they've had back in 2013 and 2014, you weren't forced to buy them because everything was cheaper, but, if you wanted to choose the "easy way", you could spend 100 bucks and you'd have received a good amount of money. Now with the Megalodon Shark card you can only buy 2-3 things, unless you want to "invest" in very useful vehicles like the P996-Lazer, the Luxor Deluxe and the Yacht.

Lock n' Stock
On 10/30/2018 at 3:05 PM, Vahnstad said:

Uhm Vice State will obviously be more than just beaches and swamps... If GTA VI revisits Vice City it will be more than just Vice City, but it would probably be a Rockstar version of Southern Florida, including Key West, Everglades, and possibly Tampa and Orlando. And Cuba and the Bahama's aren't far away either.

Agreed. I believe a lot of good things could be done with Vice City if they looked further than just the city. Considering how well swamp areas were handled in RDR 2, the Everglades would be a welcome addition.

Equatecurl
On 10/28/2018 at 6:52 PM, TheGeneralZarbin said:

It wouldn't be a total surprise if they did do this. 

Rockstar has admitted that there initial plan and ambition was for V to be much bigger, but because of the limits in the software at the time, they weren't able to do everything they had planned. 

They did? Was it in an rdr preview? I mean its obvious but i didnt really pay attention to the rdr previews

universetwisters

Goddamn I sure hope not. That would just be lazy on Rockstar's part. Make a new place goddamnit!?

Journey_95

I doubt this. For RDR2 it made sense and it's a direct prequel to RDR1 and very connected with it.The GTA games have always been very standalone with minimal connections at best. I want VC for the next game anyway, not SA again