Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Things you didn't know about RDR2 until now


TheLordMarvel

Recommended Posts

Orbea Occam

I'm not sure if this was a glitch...which is unlikely judging by the dialogue, but Charles actually comes back to visit you some time after you complete the epilogue. 

 

I've never had this before in my entire year and a half of playing this game but just now I came back to the ranch and went inside the house, I could then hear someone else's voice that sounded exactly like Charles so I thought it was a flash back like the ones you get when you revisit the gang camps, but I went into the dinning area of the house and there he was, Charles sat down having a conversation with Abigail...she was basically saying something along the lines of he's always welcome here and John then commented the same thing and told him to stay so he's not left with just Uncle.

 

Just to reiterate this is WAY AFTER the scene in the final credits where we see Charles say his goodbyes and leave the ranch. Probably about 30 - 60 in game days have passed since then (I always save my game after play throughs and sleep to advance time). What's also interesting is he's wounded, I missed the first half of the dialogue he had with Abigail so he may have explained it or it may be from the injury he had in American Venom. He's now just sitting at the fire camp.

 

Has anyone else had this encounter before? Because I haven't nor have I ever seen anyone else on here mention it before. Added in after the last update perhaps?

 

Edit: I think it's a glitch because I just triggered some more dialogue and John mentions he knows where Micah is to which Charles demands he goes with him. The wound is bizarre though

 

eUu4XGk.jpg

Edited by Dark Rosewood Varnish
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
DrDetroit
10 hours ago, Dark Rosewood Varnish said:

I'm not sure if this was a glitch...which is unlikely judging by the dialogue, but Charles actually comes back to visit you some time after you complete the epilogue. 

 

I've never had this before in my entire year and a half of playing this game but just now I came back to the ranch and went inside the house, I could then hear someone else's voice that sounded exactly like Charles so I thought it was a flash back like the ones you get when you revisit the gang camps, but I went into the dinning area of the house and there he was, Charles sat down having a conversation with Abigail...she was basically saying something along the lines of he's always welcome here and John then commented the same thing and told him to stay so he's not left with just Uncle.

 

Just to reiterate this is WAY AFTER the scene in the final credits where we see Charles say his goodbyes and leave the ranch. Probably about 30 - 60 in game days have passed since then (I always save my game after play throughs and sleep to advance time). What's also interesting is he's wounded, I missed the first half of the dialogue he had with Abigail so he may have explained it or it may be from the injury he had in American Venom. He's now just sitting at the fire camp.

 

Has anyone else had this encounter before? Because I haven't nor have I ever seen anyone else on here mention it before. Added in after the last update perhaps?

 

Edit: I think it's a glitch because I just triggered some more dialogue and John mentions he knows where Micah is to which Charles demands he goes with him. The wound is bizarre though

 

 

 

I've never had this happen and I've done 3 playthroughs.  Working my way through first playthrough on the PC version, so hopefully I catch this scene.  

 

BTW: what flashbacks when visiting the old camps?  I've not had that happen either...will have to try it again...sounds interesting.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
El Penguin Bobo
2 minutes ago, DrDetroit said:

BTW: what flashbacks when visiting the old camps?  I've not had that happen either...will have to try it again...sounds interesting.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Orbea Occam
18 hours ago, DrDetroit said:

 

I've never had this happen and I've done 3 playthroughs.  Working my way through first playthrough on the PC version, so hopefully I catch this scene.  

 

BTW: what flashbacks when visiting the old camps?  I've not had that happen either...will have to try it again...sounds interesting.

 

It's almost certainly a glitch, I just found this video. Some people in the comments have experienced the same thing as well.

 

 

I had that exact same dialogue with him at first where he says John has a great life. Still, would have been cool if they scripted something like this in after a while.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Dudu RDRII

The exact time that you unlock the ability to have either Lowest or Highest Honor levels is after completing the mission "Fleeting Joy (Chapter V: Guarma)".

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Dudu RDRII

When you fire your weapon, the gun smoke and the smoke trail of the bullet blows in the exact direction of the wind. You can check this by shooting from different angles and checking the direction of the wind by looking at trees and such.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Bakamomo

When you deploy the Whittemore glitch, the knife scabbard also disappears (not just the satchel). Looks grand.

Edited by Bakamomo
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Until yesterday I never knew that it is possible to rob Mr. Pearson at his store during Epiloque (+ interresting new dialogs during it).

Honestly I feel bad for this action. There was no witness, so I did not receive any penalty for it except a bit lost of honor. I was not masked, so that Pearson just knows that John did it.

I'am curious how Pearson will react during the next visits...

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Orbea Occam

Discovered a new 'Sit' location. I've seen a few people in here discussing them so thought I'd post this here.

 

This one is out by Brandywine Drop, just south east of the falls.

 

JjTKeSj.jpg

 

ND9h5RS.jpg

 

DGp9TvJ.jpg

 

AX9nrFt.jpg

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
Cutter De Blanc
23 minutes ago, Dark Rosewood Varnish said:

Discovered a new 'Sit' location. I've seen a few people in here discussing them so thought I'd post this here.

 

This one is out by Brandywine Drop, just south east of the falls.

 

JjTKeSj.jpg

 

Oh thats cool, you can see the one sit location at the falls from the other one

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Ripstart01
2 hours ago, Petko said:

Today i found out there was another room in the house at Hanging Dog Ranch.

Say what now? There's the living area and upstairs where the bunks are. Obviously the stables and shack at the front by the fence.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
~INDIO~

Hunting Beaver pelts at Owanjila.

Left a 2 star Carcass in shallow water for 20 seconds, rode away a bit, came back and the stars have disappeared.

Skinned the Carcass and got a perfect pelt.

Did it twice to make sure it wasn't a one off thing

(I'm on Version 1.0)

Edited by ~INDIO~
.
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2020 at 1:33 PM, Ripstart01 said:

Say what now? There's the living area and upstairs where the bunks are. Obviously the stables and shack at the front by the fence.

it's where the kitchen is

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Ripstart01
On 3/14/2020 at 8:46 AM, ~INDIO~ said:

Hunting Beaver pelts at Owanjila.

Left a 2 star Carcass in shallow water for 20 seconds, rode away a bit, came back and the stars have disappeared.

Skinned the Carcass and got a perfect pelt.

Did it twice to make sure it wasn't a one off thing

(I'm on Version 1.0)

On 1.00 you can also take any carcass that will fit on a horse to the trapper/pearson/butcher and it will be considered perfect.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Cutter De Blanc

You cannot attack Thomas Downes if you encounter him in Valentine.  Arthur wont go close enough to melee, and the reticle greys out and wont let you shoot him with a gun when you aim at him

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Western Gunslinger

It's possible to perform knife execution to someone who's sitting on a chair

Link to post
Share on other sites
SneakyDeaky
44 minutes ago, Legion of Hell said:

It's possible to perform knife execution to someone who's sitting on a chair

This is something I've wondered, can you do the knife execution to someone sleeping or laying down hogtied, like in RDR 1?

Edited by SneakyDeaky
Link to post
Share on other sites
Western Gunslinger
1 minute ago, SneakyDeaky said:

This is something I've wondered, can you do the knife execution to someone sleeping or laying down hogtied, like in RDR 1?

There's an unique animation for hogtied or knocked out person but IIRC you can't execute sleeping person

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
SneakyDeaky
2 minutes ago, Legion of Hell said:

There's an unique animation for hogtied or knocked out person but IIRC you can't execute sleeping person

Whats the unique animation for hogtied like? I don't know if you remember, in RDR 1, if say you found someone sleeping, or resting on a bed, you could cut their throats with the knife and get a silent kill. In fact I remember making a kind of "game" out of trying to find as many as these locations as possible.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Western Gunslinger
52 minutes ago, SneakyDeaky said:

Whats the unique animation for hogtied like? I don't know if you remember, in RDR 1, if say you found someone sleeping, or resting on a bed, you could cut their throats with the knife and get a silent kill. In fact I remember making a kind of "game" out of trying to find as many as these locations as possible.

It looks like this (knocked and hogtied person uses the same execution animation)

3sxrwc.jpg

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2020 at 11:37 PM, Cutter De Blanc said:

You cannot attack Thomas Downes if you encounter him in Valentine.  Arthur wont go close enough to melee, and the reticle greys out and wont let you shoot him with a gun when you aim at him

You definitely can't but if you gain a wanted level and run after him you might be able to squeeze some additional dialogue out of him that can never be heard otherwise. Here you can see that he can even become a witness. You can't melee with him in order to stop him nor lock on him but i was able to catch him somehow.


Also his random encounter dialogue changes depending on whether it's done before or after "Americans At Rest".

Edited by Petko
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2019 at 1:49 AM, Nulla Lex Ink. said:

Played the mission "The Spines of America" the other night and discovered that if you show up at night, there is an alternative dialogue when you show up at the house. Hosea and Arthur will see no one outside and figure they're asleep, so Hosea says they can do it right now, quietly, or they can wait til the morning when Hosea can work a con on them. Gotta love little details like that. The developers could have easily made it so that they're up no matter what, or make the time of day quickly shift to the time it's supposed to be while you're on the way there, but they didn't. They made a different dialogue to reflect when you showed. I absolutely love that this game is full of stuff like this. It is literally impossible to see everything in just one playthrough.

If you rob them during the day, when they go back in the house they will notice someone was there if you leave the shelves and stuff open.

Edited by RJX74
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Failed Again
On 1/4/2020 at 3:07 AM, Mr K said:

Riding up to the Valentine gunsmith a pedestrian got agitated and pulled his gun. After the shootout I dismounted and noticed the barrel next to the steps had been hit and a stream of liquid was shooting out.

 

 

Great, you shot someone that was using a water pistol.

meanie

 

Edited by Failed Again
Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't know NPCs could cross the San Luis River on horseback and more importantly that horses could walk on water.

 

Edited by Petko
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Orbea Occam

Nothing major and may have been posted already but I've never come across this before. 

 

On one side of one of the giant mounds that make up Twin Stacks Pass you can find climbing apparatus (rope and hooks) hanging off the side of the rock face. Theres also a camp a little further a long from this spot with more rope and a lock box containing money. Backstory behind this? Like I said I've never come across this before.

 

CnQiGe7.jpg

 

V4trCu2.jpg

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
Electric_Spectral

After 360 hours in Red Dead 2, i just found out you can rob the general store in strawberry

Link to post
Share on other sites
Cutter De Blanc
6 hours ago, Petko said:

Didn't know NPCs could cross the San Luis River on horseback and more importantly that horses could walk on water.

 

He couldn't follow you into mexico like a horse can't follow behind you when you get there, I don't think theres any coding there telling tbe NPCs its terrain that can be walked on. I think thats called a navmesh?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 4 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.