3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

TheLordMarvel

Things you didn't know about RDR2 until now

Nulla Lex Ink.

Doing some orchid collecting and hunting in the Bayou. On my way to the location, as I was riding by a fence, I saw what looked like a dog being attacked. But upon closer inspection, it turned out to be a blue tick and a fox hound just playing with each other. Had no idea this could happen and wish that I had recorded it, because it was freaking adorable.

sunhuntin

I was riding along at night, heading to the Montana river to try and hunt a woodpecker. Crossed some tracks, and heard a really deep steam whistle. Turned just in time to see a ghost train. Then up by Hanging Dog Ranch, I was exploring and heard a wolf howl. Checking map and HUD showed no red dot, so I looked through the binoculars, and there was a wolf mourning a dead pack member. Also shot an owl that had landed on something, and ended up with both a 3 star owl and 3 star brown rat.

Satanta
On 4/26/2019 at 2:45 PM, RJX74 said:

I could be wrong about this, but I think the gang wears "lighter" clothing as they move camps. Dutch wears a coat during Horseshoe Overlook. He switches to the vest as the camps get hotter possibly? John is usually just wearing a shirt at Shady Belle too.

I know Clemens Cove can hit 26 degrees Celsius.

Yeah, you are going from cooler low-mountains type climate to lower range where it is warmer to the swamps with Gaters where humidity is like a sauna.

UnexpectedParole

I learned this weekend that R* and [email protected] will give you a 2nd Tennessee Walker for free if you manage to kill the first one before visiting Flatneck Station  to do Reverend Swanson's Without Sin mission.

I found this out because I did Polite Society with Uncle, and then went over to the saloon for Noblest of Men and Women. Since I was without a horse -having left it in camp to ride the wagon with Uncle I hitched a ride back near Horseshoe Overlook with a passing wagon. I then called my horse from camp and rode him south intending to go meet the Reverend.

While on the way I got sidetracked to the dinosaur nobes mission, some plants to harvest and hunting so I saw my path would go by Emmit Granger's place. I decided to stop by and visit him then.

Somehow I screwed up the path down the slope and my horse fell to his death. I also to my horror realized I had forgotten to get a horse revive potion  at the store. But I figured I would play on since Granger usually has a horse at his place I could maybe steal. No horse at Granger's so I carried my saddle to Flatneck Station and decided to see what the game would do, since I knew it would bring your horse to you if you had not brought your horse.

And the game did. It got me a new Walker, with my saddle and gear on it during the scenario so I could take the Rev back to camp. I thought that was interesting.

Cutter De Blanc

You always get a chestnut Tennessee Walker if your horse dies and you don't have a temp horse when the game calls for your horse (e.g. if you die, do a mission, ride the trolley in Saint Denis, ect.)

thornberry1138

If you stare at people by holding left trigger without saying anything people will get mad and comment. At least this worked with gang members in the camp. 

Mr K

If you hold off visiting the Pig Farm until late in Chapter 6 you can save all of Arthurs money.

Go the Pig Farm during the Our Best Selves mission in Chapter 6 and let the couple take your money. Leave and go back and finish the chapter.

At the end of Epilogue 1 John can go back and collect Arthurs money behind the portrait.

Cutter De Blanc

8 things of Hay in a row will raise your horses physique one level (eg from Malnourished to Thin, Overweight to Obese, ect)

Equatecurl

You can threaten bob crawford and make some extra money

its pretty cool

LeonVegaSuarez
6 hours ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

8 things of Hay in a row will raise your horses physique one level (eg from Malnourished to Thin, Overweight to Obese, ect)

thanks for this. I'm riding with a main and temporary horse pretty much constantly now and always wondered how much it took. I fed about 10 and then checked 

sunhuntin

I have been hunting in the swamps trying to get the egret feathers, and saw a boar get pulled under water by a gator. Also neat watching the ravens and coyotes come to clean up the remains of the hunts.

SneakyDeaky
Spoiler

I didn't know that when you free Micah from the Strawberry Jail, you can just gun down everyone in the jail then steal the keys and let Micah out.

Dark Rosewood Varnish

Might have been mentioned already but you can rest on one knee by holding down triangle (ps4). This can be done pretty much anywhere and anytime you're controlling Arthur. I particularly like doing this while being on top of high up cliffs/ledges that look out over scenic parts of the game world (rivers, lakes, waterfalls, plains etc.) 

//

When robbing NPC's at camp sites and random homesteads, if you hogtie the occupants and rob them without killing them Arthur will yell out something along the lines of "Thanks a lot I'll leave you to it" (paraphrase) as you run off and leave them tied up.

RJX74

If you're playing the last mission in first person, 

Spoiler

When you struggle with Milton for the revolver, you see the gun aimed at your face.

Equatecurl
1 hour ago, RJX74 said:

If you're playing the last mission in first person, 

Hide contents

When you struggle with Milton for the revolver, you see the gun aimed at your face.

You can play that in first person?

Dark Rosewood Varnish
Posted (edited)

The general store in Strawberry has a secret Moonshine operation that you can rob. I accidentally rode into a couple of bounty hunters that were transporting a bounty so they started shooting at me, killed both of them so figured I may as well cut the bounty free and he gave me the tip off about the operation.

When you go to the store you have to peep through the basement window and then you'll be given the option to rob the basement. You can do it without attracting attention or having a big gunfight with lawmen afterwards as well. I forced the shopkeeper down there at gun point, robbed the stash, hogtied him, walked out the shop quietly and rode off into the night without raising any suspicion at all. 

Crazy how 6 months after release I'm still discovering things like this because I hadn't seen anything online, on here or on youtube about that store having a secret operation that you could rob.

Edited by Dark Rosewood Varnish

BallinBallas

so apparently RDR1 music sometimes plays in the title screen? I had the original Hennigans Stead theme start while my controller was down, took me by surprise. 

Cutter De Blanc
2 minutes ago, BallinBallas said:

so apparently RDR1 music sometimes plays in the title screen? I had the original Hennigans Stead theme start while my controller was down, took me by surprise. 

Anytime you save and quit in New Austin

BallinBallas
2 minutes ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

Anytime you save and quit in New Austin

that’s awesome. I wonder if there’s any other hidden tracks 

Cutter De Blanc

Just the other day I called out to a stagecoach to get it to stop. I then attempted to rob the driver. Instead, Arthur says, "Everybody in there needs to give me all of their money" The driver tried to argue, at which point I fired my gun into the air while he was in midsentence, and he said, "if we all just cooperate he'll let us go" I then recieved around seven dollars and a few peices of jewelry from all of the passengers. I didn't know you could rob a stagecoach like that in free roam.

SneakyDeaky

I just fired a warning shot in the air at a witness and a raven fell out of the sky. I thought, "Luckiest shot ever!" but then I notice it's a perfect 3 star carcass, which is impossible with a revolver right? So it has to be a scripted event?

Satanta
13 hours ago, SneakyDeaky said:

I just fired a warning shot in the air at a witness and a raven fell out of the sky. I thought, "Luckiest shot ever!" but then I notice it's a perfect 3 star carcass, which is impossible with a revolver right? So it has to be a scripted event?

Raven had a heart attack.  Just be glad you didn't scare the sh-t out of it while it was directly overhead.

Lance_Vance89
On 5/4/2019 at 3:48 AM, Mr K said:

If you hold off visiting the Pig Farm until late in Chapter 6 you can save all of Arthurs money.

Go the Pig Farm during the Our Best Selves mission in Chapter 6 and let the couple take your money. Leave and go back and finish the chapter.

At the end of Epilogue 1 John can go back and collect Arthurs money behind the portrait.

Nice. Too bad this will probably be gone in the next patch.

crazedZ10

Cops don't react to you after you tackle the kids during the mission "The joys of civilization"

Also, this dude looks just like Irish from RDR1

Mr K

Every time I stop by the Fairvale Shanty up North it always gives me some jewelry and a nugget

SneakyDeaky
On 5/2/2019 at 10:28 PM, thornberry1138 said:

If you stare at people by holding left trigger without saying anything people will get mad and comment. At least this worked with gang members in the camp. 

This is really cool, I'm getting a whole lot of new dialogue doing this.

DrDetroit

Never really noticed until recently; people eating at the saloons actually cut their meat/veggies, scoop up the morsels and eat it, cleaning up the plate.

Neat touch!

Equatecurl
11 hours ago, crazedZ10 said:

Cops don't react to you after you tackle the kids during the mission "The joys of civilization"

Also, this dude looks just like Irish from RDR1

Anybody have the music you can hear in this

Cutter De Blanc

I've only really tested this with Karen, but if you sit where she normally does when she knits so that she can't sit there she'll either go do guard duty or just spend the day drinking instead

thornberry1138

Uncles horse (Nell IV) looks exactly like him. Nose hairs and all. Haha