1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

TheLordMarvel

Things you didn't know about RDR2 until now

RyuNova
2 hours ago, Deadman2112 said:

Yes

So just to be sure, I go to Saint Denis to Brontes Mansion, clap one of his Henchmen and pick up the Pistol?

Dan390
33 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

So just to be sure, I go to Saint Denis to Brontes Mansion, clap one of his Henchmen and pick up the Pistol?

Bronte drops it

1 minute ago, Dan390 said:

Bronte drops it

sorry just read back, I didn't realize you could get it from his henchmen too

Equatecurl

Going into cinematic camera lets you put your controller down

like you dont have to hold x or anything they just go to the location 

Deadman2112
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, RyuNova said:

That's how I got it.

I think only one of the guards have it. Must be the later chapters this happens in, but thought I remembered getting it in chapter 2. I just tried it a min ago and couldn't get the guard to drop one but I tried on my chapter 4 save and the guy on the front porch had it. Apologies for the confusion on chapters...

Edited by Deadman2112

Equatecurl

Theres a whole cave system near butchers creek, it’s used in a stangers mission its pretty cool reminds me of far cry

el capito

On a fishing trip with Dutch and Hosea, Dutch mentions that his Mother is buried in Blackwater. You can actually find her grave in Blackwater graveyard.

Cutter De Blanc

You can rob Pearson's store during the epilogue and he'll comment on what a bad person you've become

O.Z
5 hours ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

You can rob Pearson's store during the epilogue and he'll comment on what a bad person you've become

It’s funny though, after hundreds of hours free roaming(post story). Sometimes when you go in the store Pearson acts like he doesn’t even know you, and says: “I am keeping an eye on you!!” lol, epic fail Rockstar!

Equatecurl

I had no idea there was a mission where bill tilly and arthur rob a stagecoach, its a fun robbery too

wonder what else ive missed

Equatecurl
Posted (edited)

I had no idea you could lasso any animals including deer, go up to them while you have then in your rope and kill them, alot better then shooting 

i never killed the one i tried it on though :)

Edited by Equatecurl

O.Z
3 hours ago, Equatecurl said:

I had no idea you could lasso any animals including deer, go up to them while you have then in your rope and kill them, alot better then shooting 

i never killed the one i tried it on though :)

I was disappointed not to be able to lasso the dogs... come on Rockstar sort it out, you are getting soft these days!

tobdog
10 minutes ago, O.Z said:

I was disappointed not to be able to lasso the dogs... come on Rockstar sort it out, you are getting soft these days!

They also don't let me lasso the damn gator... Shame that I can't lure him in Saint Denis.

Darealbandicoot

If you decide to go for the money then you give John a cold goodbye and lose honour no matter if you have high or low honour, whearas if you go with John you gain honour and have a heartfelt goodbye no matter your honour. 

O.Z
2 minutes ago, Darealbandicoot said:

If you decide to go for the money then you give John a cold goodbye and lose honour no matter if you have high or low honour, whearas if you go with John you gain honour and have a heartfelt goodbye no matter your honour. 

In the end, does it even matter? Which ever way you go the ending is rubbish!!!

Equatecurl

The house you save the widow at in roanoke is actually a robbery tip aswell

Dark Rosewood Varnish

I think John is possibly being watched in and around Great Plains/Blackwater.

Not sure if this has happened to anyone else but I just had a fairly intriguing encounter. I paddled down to the pier at Quakers Cove in a canoe from the lake at the start of the Lower Montana River. Once I got there I made my way up onto the pier and walked towards a steepish path leading up to the Great Plains area. Once I got to the top I noticed from a far a guy on horseback on top of this cliff thing with his rifle drawn just looking in my direction, he literally seemed to just be staring my way for about 10 seconds...I observed him through my binoculars and made my way towards him but as I got closer he turned away and slowly galloped off.

I actually caught up with him but he just said something along the lines of 'Get lost' but I just thought it was quite random and strange for him to be looking at me from afar like that. I've never seen an NPC character on horseback do that so it seems it's been purposely made to look like he was watching or spying on John - also note that this didnt show up on the map as a white dot either. 

Dan390
1 hour ago, Dark Rosewood Varnish said:

I think John is possibly being watched in and around Great Plains/Blackwater.

Not sure if this has happened to anyone else but I just had a fairly intriguing encounter. I paddled down to the pier at Quakers Cove in a canoe from the lake at the start of the Lower Montana River. Once I got there I made my way up onto the pier and walked towards a steepish path leading up to the Great Plains area. Once I got to the top I noticed from a far a guy on horseback on top of this cliff thing with his rifle drawn just looking in my direction, he literally seemed to just be staring my way for about 10 seconds...I observed him through my binoculars and made my way towards him but as I got closer he turned away and slowly galloped off.

I actually caught up with him but he just said something along the lines of 'Get lost' but I just thought it was quite random and strange for him to be looking at me from afar like that. I've never seen an NPC character on horseback do that so it seems it's been purposely made to look like he was watching or spying on John - also note that this didnt show up on the map as a white dot either. 

I have had the exactly same type of thing happen while playing as Aurthor in chap 3 I think, except it was in the Heartlands

Satanta
15 hours ago, Dan390 said:

I have had the exactly same type of thing happen while playing as Aurthor in chap 3 I think, except it was in the Heartlands

This explains why, no matter where you are anything you do gets reported and you get a bounty-the game has someone dogging your tsail and eyeballing you.  Never seen it but if I do I'm going to take him out with a sniper rifle shot to the noggin.

Noshferatu

few gems i've across, wondering if anyone came across one of them ..

- saint denis at night is gorgeous, followed 2 trams around for a while , nice to see them interact with people running in front of them etc

- when the tram turns, the electrical guides jump leads and gives off sparks at night

- found crabs & frogs , so very detailed wild life

- in a short train tunnel in the mountains there was a quote, i'm guessing it's referring to something .. (forgot the quote, sorry :) )

Noshferatu

another one that i encountered, random mini mission, spotted a guy falling off his horse

brought him to the doc in saint denis, who proceeded to do an amputation, stayed the whole time watching ..

what really got me was the doc throwing the severed arm into a bucket, like meh, it's trash now .. :D

LeonVegaSuarez

Ive met this guy months ago as Arthur near Hanging Dog Ranch, but yesterday I met this guy near Blackwater. He was at a campfire at night and asked me to sit down next to him. He was obviously drunk and asked for a bottle of whiskey. I gave it to him and after drinking some he told me about the terrible things he did as a young man in Fort Riggs south of Strawberry. He hinted at torturing and murdering native americans. When he was done talking he passed out and fell of the chair. I looted him and got a "native american ring".

I thought about leaving him there snoring, but then decided to end his misery and put a bullet in his head. Ended his suffering without suffering. 

Satanta

Apparently you can bring stuff back to "Life-ish" doing certain things at the Pagan Ritual Site....

Nulla Lex Ink.

I knew about the gang members having unique lines when you were out of the camp for awhile, but the other day I got one from Dutch and then another from Miss Grimshaw that just warmed my heart. I can't remember them exactly, but the basic gist of both was "We missed you, it's good to have you back, son." They were both very sweet.

Also, I think the camp has unique lines for when you bring legendary animals to camp. I only recently discovered that the members comment when Arthur is carrying regular animals around (or maybe I noticed it on my first playthrough and just forgot it after I realized I didn't have to carry them every time), and I didn't realize that you couldn't turn in the legendary animals to Pearson for meat. So I had the legendary deer and was walking it around to see what folks said: Micah said something like "Haven't seen one of those in awhile," and Molly said "Look at the size of that thing! We're gonna be eating for days!" Couldn't donate it to the camp though. Perhaps you were originally supposed to be able to? Or those could be a set of lines I just haven't heard before.

Got a question, gonna spoiler mark it. It pertains to the side mission "The Ties That Bind Us."

Spoiler

Is it possible to see Mr. White and Mr. Black hanged if you turn them in? I'm on my third playthrough, and in the last two I burned the posters. I probably will this time too since I like them so much, but I was just wondering if there was any follow up after you decide to turn them in, like there is with all of the other bounties, or if they just disappear after.

Nulla Lex Ink.

You can actually catch that Legendary Fish when you're fishing with Kieran. Just did it on my third playthrough a few days back. I've been trying to do as much as possible during this playthrough, which includes all the companion activities and catching the legendary fish. I had already gotten the proper lures by the time I played Kieran's companion activity, so I was curious if it could actually be done, and yep, it sure can be.

JC_HUMBLE
6 hours ago, Nulla Lex Ink. said:

You can actually catch that Legendary Fish when you're fishing with Kieran. Just did it on my third playthrough a few days back. I've been trying to do as much as possible during this playthrough, which includes all the companion activities and catching the legendary fish. I had already gotten the proper lures by the time I played Kieran's companion activity, so I was curious if it could actually be done, and yep, it sure can be.

Kieran "aww I wish I was the one to catch it"

LeakyLine
10 hours ago, Nulla Lex Ink. said:

I chucked a stick of dynamite in after he left and got it 😂

During the mission where you and Mrs. Adler go into Rhodes for shopping, you can follow her inside the store and hear some dialogue you otherwise wouldn't.

LeonVegaSuarez
23 minutes ago, LeakyLine said:

I chucked a stick of dynamite in after he left and got it 😂

During the mission where you and Mrs. Adler go into Rhodes for shopping, you can follow her inside the store and hear some dialogue you otherwise wouldn't.

I wish you could make her buy a better outfit and not that ugly ass yellow thing

Cuzzzin

I just learned that holding LT makes you lift up the lantern when holding it. 

Cutter De Blanc
Posted (edited)

You can throw a fire bottle at the man in the treehouse in New Austin and burn his house down. Burning peices of it will rain down from the tree and eventually so will the crazy guy.

During the mission "Red Dead Redemption" you can loot Agent Milton if you're fast enough after the cutscene, although he doesn't have anything interesting on him.

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

RJX74
Posted (edited)

I could be wrong about this, but I think the gang wears "lighter" clothing as they move camps. Dutch wears a coat during Horseshoe Overlook. He switches to the vest as the camps get hotter possibly? John is usually just wearing a shirt at Shady Belle too.

I know Clemens Cove can hit 26 degrees Celsius.

Edited by RJX74