1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

TheLordMarvel

Things you didn't know about RDR2 until now

DrDetroit
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, RJX74 said:

This kid says she's the only family he's got left. The house they're standing in front of is where Micah killed Skinny and Maddy.

How do you know their names are Maddy and Skinney? Was there more backstory then what Mica related to Art?

I remember Mica running into the house after Art broke him out out jail, but don't recall any back story as to who those folks were or why Mica murdered them.

Edited by DrDetroit

RJX74
5 hours ago, DrDetroit said:

How do you know their names are Maddy and Skinney? Was there more backstory then what Mica related to Art?

I remember Mica running into the house after Art broke him out out jail, but don't recall any back story as to who those folks were or why Mica murdered them.

Micah says them when he runs at the house. He mentions Skinny as an old gang member, and I think he talks about him if you play five-finger fillet with him.

Also Skinny is actually a fat guy apparently.

Dark Rosewood Varnish

Never noticed this before but in the cabin by Lake Don Julio, the words "Eat by knowledge" or something like that appear above the door frame. Wonder what that about.

Penicuikscotland2010

That Tornadoes MIGHT exist. Funnel clouds Definitely do.

Was in Scarlett Meadows a while back when the wind really picked up and the sky turned black but there was NO rain or thunder and Lightning. Just strong wind and honestly the clouds started forming this proper funnel cloud.  I'm not kidding it almost looked like it was going to touch the ground miles away from where i was. This has happened to me only once since release day. If you think i'm full of crap check youtube because there are a few vids very similar. 

EZ Brasi

If you kick a possum it'll die. Once you skin it it'll pop up and run since its only playing possum. 

Satanta
On 3/19/2019 at 10:03 PM, Penicuikscotland2010 said:

That Tornadoes MIGHT exist. Funnel clouds Definitely do.

Was in Scarlett Meadows a while back when the wind really picked up and the sky turned black but there was NO rain or thunder and Lightning. Just strong wind and honestly the clouds started forming this proper funnel cloud.  I'm not kidding it almost looked like it was going to touch the ground miles away from where i was. This has happened to me only once since release day. If you think i'm full of crap check youtube because there are a few vids very similar. 

There is an area-I'd have to go look on the map but it's the plains between Valentine and Emerald Ranch South of the Kerosene company.  Only happened at night but I would swear I could hear a Tornado.  Happened several times but the weather changed so rapidly I could never get to a postion to watch 360 degrees.

sunhuntin

There's a voice in the rocks near The Loft. I often see a bear and sometimes a moose, so thought I would go off the path and see if I could find either one first this time. Nearly jumped out of my skin when the rock asked John how he was.

Equatecurl
Posted (edited)

Arthur says f*ck

Edited by Equatecurl

RyuNova

Just spent ten minutes wondering why I cant get Arthur to sit down at his campfire and then it hit me, he wont sit down when its raining/been raining because the ground is wet.

Mind f*cking blown.

Mafia Assassin®
Posted (edited)
On 3/19/2019 at 6:58 PM, Dark Rosewood Varnish said:

Never noticed this before but in the cabin by Lake Don Julio, the words "Eat by knowledge" or something like that appear above the door frame. Wonder what that about.

Its actually "Eat of knowledge", it's a cheat code and you learned all recipe in the games after you input it.

Edited by Mafia Assassin®

Frenchtone83
13 hours ago, sunhuntin said:

There's a voice in the rocks near The Loft. I often see a bear and sometimes a moose, so thought I would go off the path and see if I could find either one first this time. Nearly jumped out of my skin when the rock asked John how he was.

This is an event triggered after studying a certain number of plants/animals and following a flock of bird that lead you to the location you found.

There are 2/3 conversations available with this 'person'.

Fun!

RyuNova

If you have the Civil War Era knife Arthur will use it to cook his food, even though its covered in rust. Mmmmm tasty.

bandito619
Posted (edited)

If you do the Charles Chatenay mission inside the arts gallerie as John Marston, you can see Arthur Morgans picture on the wall.

Edited by bandito619
forgot to put word

Tonesta
24 minutes ago, bandito619 said:

If you do the Charles Chatenay mission inside the arts gallerie as John Marston, you can see Arthur Morgans picture on the wall.

Actually, I did the mission as Arthur - and Arthur's picture was still on the wall.

I think you just have to have completed 'Arcadia for Amateurs' for Albert Mason first, because the photos are from his missions.

sunhuntin
11 hours ago, Frenchtone83 said:

This is an event triggered after studying a certain number of plants/animals and following a flock of bird that lead you to the location you found.

There are 2/3 conversations available with this 'person'.

Fun!

I never followed any birds, unless they happened to be overhead at the time. I don't recall seeing or hearing any. First time I had gone over there, too.

bandito619
2 hours ago, Tonesta said:

Actually, I did the mission as Arthur - and Arthur's picture was still on the wall.

I think you just have to have completed 'Arcadia for Amateurs' for Albert Mason first, because the photos are from his missions.

oh ok

RJX74

Sadie Adler has a theme that plays in her missions. (E.g Further Questions of Female Suffrage, Ms. Sadie Adler Widow, Gainful Employment, An Honest Day's Labours).

Do any other characters?

Sonicdude
Posted (edited)
Spoiler

If you revisit the gang's camps after getting to (or completing) the Epilogue, you will actually hear the faint voices of various gang members saying things.

In fact, if you go to Roanoke Ridge and clear it out a second time, you will hear various quotes from the final mission with Arthur. Like "You left me to die!" and "Get the hell out of here and be a goddamn man!"

Edited by Sonicdude

RyuNova

Can you find a Semi Automatic Pistol in the world?

LeonVegaSuarez
36 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

Can you find a Semi Automatic Pistol in the world?

Pretty sure you can't. Bronte drops a mouser in his house when you go to get him but no auto pistol as far as I know of.

UnexpectedParole
5 hours ago, LeonVegaSuarez said:

Pretty sure you can't. Bronte drops a mouser in his house when you go to get him but no auto pistol as far as I know of.

A mouser dropped?

What? Where?  I still don't know this. (Do I have to have the volcanic pistol in inventory to trigger this?)

DrDetroit

Was over near Hanging Dog Ranch, and heard a wolf howling, a strange kind of howl, I had to investigate it was so strange.  So I approached within 50-75 yards or so, and could see the wolf sitting next to it's dead partner.  It would look at it's partner, sniff it, then howl at the moon...a kinda sad, desperate howl.  A sad sight I must say...I left quietly and could hear the beast almost yowling in despair as I went off into the distance.  

Never seen that before, probably will not see it again.

Cutter De Blanc
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, UnexpectedParole said:

A mouser dropped?

What? Where?  I still don't know this. (Do I have to have the volcanic pistol in inventory to trigger this?)

During the mission "Revenge is a Dish Best Eaten" Bronte will try to shoot at you in a cutscene,  but the gun will jam and he throws it at you. After the cutscene you can pick it up for a free Mauser

You do not need the Volcanic pistol to trigger it, as I've never owned one, but got the Mauser 

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

Satanta
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

During the mission "Revenge is a Dish Best Eaten" Bronte will try to shoot at you in a cutscene,  but the gun will jam and he throws it at you. After the cutscene you can pick it up for a free Mauser

You do not need the Volcanic pistol to trigger it, as I've never owned one, but got the Mauser 

You can get a Mauser from a Gunslinger Mission as soon as you start Valentine.  Never found the semi-auto anywhere but it might be something used by the cops like in RD1-you could get it as a dropped weapon but not keep it if you died or something silly like that-eventually you got it from one of the end-game missions permanently.  

ETA-I'm thinking of the 1911 Colt by whatever name they used in RDR! but since it is well before 1911 the semi might be a Cop gun in RDR2.

Edited by Satanta

RyuNova

Do the Police in Saint Denis carry Semi Auto Pistols?

Deadman2112
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

Do the Police in Saint Denis carry Semi Auto Pistols?

Not sure about them having that gun. I do know Angelo Bronte's men carry them.

..::Start Edit::..

Sorry, I just checked. It's not the Semi auto, it's the Mauser.

..::End Edit::..

On each of my new plays of the game, I make my way there as soon as I get to chapter two then I jump the fence by his house and get one lol.

Edited by Deadman2112

RyuNova
1 hour ago, Deadman2112 said:

On each of my new plays of the game, I make my way there as soon as I get to chapter two then I jump the fence by his house and get one lol.

Thanks. I will grab one next time I am in Saint Deni

Darealbandicoot

If you donate to the charity in Saint Denis, Arthur's name will be added to the plaque outside the building and John can comment on it. 

Satanta
4 hours ago, Deadman2112 said:

Is that one Upgradeable?  I always do the Gunslinger Missions for mine-it's purty but not-upgradeable.

Deadman2112
9 minutes ago, Satanta said:

Is that one Upgradeable?  I always do the Gunslinger Missions for mine-it's purty but not-upgradeable.

Yes