4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

TheLordMarvel

Things you didn't know about RDR2 until now

Cutter De Blanc

One hardly ever just wounds predators is why, usually it's kill or be killed

Actually just wounded a cougar last night (for the cougar kill with a bow challenge) and had to stand there and watch it die, because I missed the headshot, and if you mercy kill it it doesn't count. Reminded of me of sitting with my cat when he died. I had to turn the game off shortly after that. Never felt so bad completing a challenge. But yeah, it's icon was a red paw while it was dying

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

Beatrice
On 2/8/2019 at 12:05 AM, Original Light said:

2. You can set up camp from the item circle. 

Not only that, this way of setting the camp is immune to the annoying 'too much activity' block-message. Unless the icon is greyed-out (and it only is if you're galloping, falling or things like that - just like with horse items, binoculars etc), and you aren't in camp or town, the item wheel camp button will never fail to set up camp.

Satanta
12 hours ago, Beatrice said:

Not only that, this way of setting the camp is immune to the annoying 'too much activity' block-message. Unless the icon is greyed-out (and it only is if you're galloping, falling or things like that - just like with horse items, binoculars etc), and you aren't in camp or town, the item wheel camp button will never fail to set up camp.

Maybe but you might wake up on the other side of the Map.

Cutter De Blanc

In order to get your gang's provisions gold you have to both buy provisions from the ledger and donate food to Pearson, either alone will only yeild a white icon, no matter how much food you donate

malcolmfunktion

I never knew you could hitch lifts off npcs. Nice. 

Dark Rosewood Varnish

If you kill and skin a larger sized animal i.e. a Moose, return to the same place where you left the carcass after a few in game days and it will be reduced to a pile of bones. 

RyuNova
On 2/16/2019 at 12:12 PM, malcolmfunktion said:

I never knew you could hitch lifts off npcs. Nice. 

Don't they shoot you?

Cutter De Blanc
21 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

Don't they shoot you?

I've never had anyone shoot at me just for requesting a ride, most of the time they just don't stop for me

RyuNova
8 minutes ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

I've never had anyone shoot at me just for requesting a ride, most of the time they just don't stop for me

Am I missing something? How do you request rides from wagon drivers?

I know you can press forward and jump next to coaches to hang off the side but when I do that I get shot at or they ride towards the nearest Lawman and report me.

O.Z
7 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

Am I missing something? How do you request rides from wagon drivers?

I know you can press forward and jump next to coaches to hang off the side but when I do that I get shot at or they ride towards the nearest Lawman and report me.

RyuNova
1 minute ago, O.Z said:

Well f*ck me sideways and call me Alice. Hot f*ck damn, I did not know that and not one single video I have watched (Apart from that one) has ever shown that. Very useful.

Thank you.

And @Cutter De Blanc thank you for mentioning it.

BoulderFaceplant

At the exterior of the Tumbleweed saloon, you can overhear a conversation where an NPC says, “I’m telling you, this century is when things turn around for this town!” 

Great dark humor from Rockstar

RyuNova

Well I tried the requesting a ride feature from a Stagecoach just outside Emerald Ranch going towards Valentine and he let me jump in. Driver and Shotgun with three people inside so I was able to sit inside as well. Very pleasant ride, stopped on the outskirts on Valanetine near the train station, jumped out and Arthur automatically thanked him.

Very good feature for whe your in the middle of nowhere and need a ride.

Dark Rosewood Varnish

This ones for the people who like doing daily rituals like waking up and drinking coffee etc.

It's not that big of a find but I just discovered it now. At Beechers Hope you can pour coffee by the camp fire outside of the house when it's completed. Like I said it's something small but in my previous playthroughs I wasn't aware you could do this.  

Equatecurl

I had no idea you could break horses

Scaeva
On 2/17/2019 at 1:31 PM, Dark Rosewood Varnish said:

If you kill and skin a larger sized animal i.e. a Moose, return to the same place where you left the carcass after a few in game days and it will be reduced to a pile of bones. 

That happens with NPCs as well.

I had a random encounter with one of the rival gangs once near a good hunting spot. I came back to that location a long time after the shootout to hunt, having completely forgotten about the earlier encounter, and stumbled across their badly decomposed remains.

Satanta
On 2/17/2019 at 2:21 PM, RyuNova said:

Well f*ck me sideways and call me Alice. Hot f*ck damn, I did not know that and not one single video I have watched (Apart from that one) has ever shown that. Very useful.

Thank you.

And @Cutter De Blanc thank you for mentioning it.

Hey Alice, I'd heard you could request rides but I usually shoot them out of the saddle so never bothered asking myself.

RyuNova
1 hour ago, Satanta said:

Hey Alice, I'd heard you could request rides but I usually shoot them out of the saddle so never bothered asking myself.

Its a passive thing that few people will use but its good if you want to auto cruise to the nearest town.

O.Z
1 minute ago, RyuNova said:

Its a passive thing that few people will use but its good if you want to auto cruise to the nearest town.

It doesn’t work most of the time  though, sometimes when you call them out, the “ask a ride” option does not come up. The person just goes I ain’t falling for that etc, it might be related to your honour actually...

8 minutes ago, O.Z said:

It doesn’t work most of the time  though, sometimes when you call them out, the “ask a ride” option does not come up. The person just goes I ain’t falling for that etc, it might be related to your honour actually...

I think it depend of what direction the person you ask is going.

Edited by 0223998743

malcolmfunktion

On 2/17/2019 at 6:31 PM, Dark Rosewood Varnish said:

There's a few stages of decay. Nice feature. On a more serious note...you found a moose!?! Where!? I'm going insane looking for one..

Edited by malcolmfunktion

Marcinguy
51 minutes ago, malcolmfunktion said:

There's a few stages of decay. Nice feature. On a more serious note...you found a moose!?! Where!? I'm going insane looking for one..

Easiest way I've found is to go up to Cairn Lake lake and set up camp. You'll be teleported a little bit away from the Lake. Sleep and then jump on your horse (but don't tear down camp) and head over to the slope on the south side of the lake. You should be able to see if a moose spawned in the middle of the lake from far enough away that you don't spook it. If yes, then scope it out to see it's pelt quality. If it's 3 star then get in close and take it down, mission accomplished! If not head back to camp and sleep again. One time I got a moose this way after just one sleep, but the last one took a few tries.  

Other people like to just save and then constantly reload instead of sleeping but I never tried that method. Other people use some weird bait glitch that never seems to work for me. My way takes longer but will eventually spawn a moose in the middle of the lake.

Dark Rosewood Varnish
1 hour ago, malcolmfunktion said:

Best bet for a Moose is the cairn lake method. Just set up camp near the lake, sleep until night time, place a few pieces of bait on the frozen lake, run westwards from the lake towards these rocks then swing the camera around and a Moose should appear on the lake by the bait.

However it's usually only a standard moose without antlers. If you want the super elusive Western Bull Moose (with antlers) it's honestly just down to luck IMO. Most common spawn points for them are up by Willards Rest (where the legendary Moose is) swimming in Owanjila Lake and around Lake Isobella. Every time I've come across one (literally about 3/4 times in my entire 4 months of owning the game) it's just been by luck when I haven't intentionally gone out trying to find one. Theres a lot of methods on Youtube but I dont think any of them work all the time, like I said it's just down to luck. Hope this helps.

Edited by Dark Rosewood Varnish

Dark Rosewood Varnish

When on the ranch in Beechers Hope, sometimes you'll see Uncle resting on the porch in the exact same spot where he died and also in the exact same position. Found this quite eerie when I first saw it. 

Equatecurl

You can see arthurs “fresh footprints” that the pinkerton mentioned in eagle eye when seaching for clues at shady bell after coming back from guarma 

Edited by Equatecurl

RyuNova
On 2/20/2019 at 9:39 PM, Dark Rosewood Varnish said:

When on the ranch in Beechers Hope, sometimes you'll see Uncle resting on the porch in the exact same spot where he died and also in the exact same position. Found this quite eerie when I first saw it. 

You also see John stood in the exact same spot The Strange Man stands and where John is eventually buried. I think its just after he buys Beechers Hope and is surveying his land so basically John at Beechers Hope begins and ends there.

Satanta
9 hours ago, RyuNova said:

You also see John stood in the exact same spot The Strange Man stands and where John is eventually buried. I think its just after he buys Beechers Hope and is surveying his land so basically John at Beechers Hope begins and ends there.

They do a lot in the Epilogues to keep driving that Stake in-there are several instances where John, John and Abby and maybe John and Jack or Charles are standing on or near that spot.

Might be why they were buried there-seems to be everyone favorite spot to hang out at.

You can rarely see some riders in the Grizzlies West.

kJpap6M.jpg

Edited by 0223998743

Vice Beach

All the streets in Blackwater have names:

Main St.

Van Horn St.

Sisika Ave.

Wakhanknee Dr.

Wapiti Ave.

Tallulah Pl.