Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

TheLordMarvel

Things you didn't know about RDR2 until now

Recommended Posts

Jimbatron
9 hours ago, Bakamomo said:

I was thinking about whether the-npc-on-your-horseback-thing would let you to do the Herbalist 9 without replaying that particular mission?

Another thought - could you possibly do Horseman 9 on the mission as well?

 

Can you stop to fish without failing?

 

Curious as to how much you can theoretically get done as Arthur in my next play through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darealbandicoot
12 hours ago, Bakamomo said:

I was thinking about whether the-npc-on-your-horseback-thing would let you to do the Herbalist 9 without replaying that particular mission?

No just Blackwater 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Satanta
3 hours ago, Jimbatron said:

Another thought - could you possibly do Horseman 9 on the mission as well?

 

Can you stop to fish without failing?

 

Curious as to how much you can theoretically get done as Arthur in my next play through.

Yeah, been wondering the same.  I know about the Bronte mission but want to get Arthur with all the top goodies in the camp below Rhodes.   Before he gts sick-always pisses me off that games wait till the very end to open some of the top items when they are basically useless at that point.   I have a save of RDR1 with John having all the good stuff just lacking one outfit only Jack can get-it simply does not open till after Jack becomes available.   I use that Save to just ride around as John to hunt and such-be nice to have one with Arthur like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bakamomo
2 hours ago, Satanta said:

Yeah, been wondering the same.  I know about the Bronte mission but want to get Arthur with all the top goodies in the camp below Rhodes.   Before he gts sick-always pisses me off that games wait till the very end to open some of the top items when they are basically useless at that point.   I have a save of RDR1 with John having all the good stuff just lacking one outfit only Jack can get-it simply does not open till after Jack becomes available.   I use that Save to just ride around as John to hunt and such-be nice to have one with Arthur like that.

You can do the ride to Blackwater as Arthur. Just use some tonics. I made it on my second attempt (on an arabian).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Original Light

1. You can sit on the edge of docks. 

 

2. You can set up camp from the item circle. 

 

3. MacFarlane's ranch actually has one interior, which is a blacksmith barn next to what will be John Marston's safe house in RDR1. 

Edited by Original Light

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SneakyDeaky
25 minutes ago, Original Light said:

1. You can sit on the edge of docks. 

 

2. You can set up camp from the item circle. 

 

3. MacFarlane's ranch actually has one interior, which is a blacksmith barn next to what will be John Marston's safe house in RDR1. 

It has another too, you can enter and rob the cabin that would become the general store. There's usually a guy sleeping in there at night.

Edited by SneakyDeaky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bakamomo
On 11/7/2018 at 5:51 AM, Satanta said:

I *think* in the Mission that you go shoot up Strawberry to bust what's his face out of Jail you can pick up a white hat from a Sheriff.  I know I did at one point, it was definitely a "Good Guy" [[Sheriff]] just not sure if it's that Mission or maybe obne where I pissed off and had to kill 50 law officers by steaking a train or something-inside the Docs office where I had bodies piled up blocking the doorway.

 

14 hours ago, Darealbandicoot said:

No just Blackwater 

Thanks. But darn it. And I guess you can't buy stuff from the Blackwater tailor? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darealbandicoot
3 hours ago, Bakamomo said:

 

Thanks. But darn it. And I guess you can't buy stuff from the Blackwater tailor? 

Nope. Rockstar conveniently locks Blackwater shops on missions you can do this BUT unlocks them on missions you can't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
American Venom

During the mission "Jim Milton rides, again?" when John's in the barn just before he uses the shotgun it's pretty much how his artwork appears on Red Dead Redemption's front cover.

 

Red_Dead_Redemption_2_Screen_Shot_11-2-18%2C_10.42_PM_2.jpg?width=1280

 

See the source image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Equatecurl

Theres a little cutscene of arthur jumping into the wagon in the fenton mission, usually i would just run down but hosea got tackled off the balcony onto the wagon and arthur jumped on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AdmiralAssclown

I just snuck up on a cougar drinking from a stream. Didnt know that was possible. I thought they pretty much spawned in hunting your ass.  Finally gave him a taste of his own medicine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
malcolmfunktion

Wow! Somebody has to confirm that they know this# If you stop and stand around listening to the trumpet player in Saint Denis you encourage others to enjoy it and eventually start a crowd for the guy. Haha. Amazing, I love this game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cutter De Blanc

The Scout campfire at your gang camp has a grill for cooking seasoned meat

 

Although the song was written in 1875, the version of the Habanera that Dutch will sometimes play seems to be the Maria Callas version which was recorded in the 1960's

 

Shot a lawman in the head in Van Horn after hiding from my wanted level I'd incurred. Not only did I not get a wanted level, but no one in Van Horn seemed to care either including the man standing behind me

 

When Valentine goes on Lockdown all of the buildings become visibly boarded up. 

 

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ryancoke66

I had no idea before today there was a ghost (with a whole back story) in the bayou. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheLordMarvel
2 hours ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

Not only did I not get a wanted level, but no one in Van Horn seemed to care either including the man standing behind me

 

Yeah, I think Van Horn is lawless town.  😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cutter De Blanc
41 minutes ago, TheLordMarvel said:

 

Yeah, I think Van Horn is lawless town.  😁

Well, I mean, you try and rob the train at the Van Horn train station, you'll still get a wanted level,  but then you can just flee into town (this is what happened to me)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Equatecurl

Theres a loot box with a letter in it from 1805 that explains what happened to the confederate gold. 

 

Tavish Gray dies on his porch with a note next to him explaining how one of ancestors wasn’t a rebel or something 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
O.Z
10 hours ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

Well, I mean, you try and rob the train at the Van Horn train station, you'll still get a wanted level,  but then you can just flee into town (this is what happened to me)

Van Horn doesn’t have a train station

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cutter De Blanc
1 hour ago, O.Z said:

Van Horn doesn’t have a train station

It sure does, the train just doesn't stop there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
O.Z
1 hour ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

It sure does, the train just doesn't stop there

It’s not really a station then. Well not in my eyes anyways

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sunhuntin

There can be disembodied voices at the old camps. I went to Colter for the first time since the start of the game, and when I walked the horse in the barn, as the doors opened, there was the woman's voice saying something about "should have fed him to the animals" I damn near had to change my shorts, scared me half to death.

Also when I went to the Adler ranch, there was a rabbit running along, and an eagle swooped down and caught it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark Rosewood Varnish
17 hours ago, Equatecurl said:

Theres a loot box with a letter in it from 1805 that explains what happened to the confederate gold. 

 

Tavish Gray dies on his porch with a note next to him explaining how one of ancestors wasn’t a rebel or something 

 

So you gonna tell us where exactly we can find this loot box?

Edited by Dark Rosewood Varnish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Equatecurl
7 hours ago, Dark Rosewood Varnish said:

 

So you gonna tell us where exactly we can find this loot box?

Not with that additude

 

No jk here

https://youtu.be/WhLrRcR7qYg?t=8m34s

Edited by Equatecurl
Gggg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
O.Z

While in Cinematic Mode, you can change the camera by pressing R3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
O.Z
On 2/11/2019 at 3:43 AM, American Venom said:

During the mission "Jim Milton rides, again?" when John's in the barn just before he uses the shotgun it's pretty much how his artwork appears on Red Dead Redemption's front cover.

 

Red_Dead_Redemption_2_Screen_Shot_11-2-18%2C_10.42_PM_2.jpg?width=1280

 

See the source image

This is actually the coolest Easter egg in the whole game imo. I wish his hair had matched as well...

Edited by O.Z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
O.Z

When you wound an animal, it comes up as a white paw on mini up, however, when you wound an animal with a poisonous arrow, it comes up as a red paw.

Edited by O.Z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cutter De Blanc
23 minutes ago, O.Z said:

When you wound an animal, it comes up as a white paw on mini up, however, when you wound an animal with a poisonous arrow, it comes up as a red paw.

I thought the red paw was for wounded predators

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
O.Z
41 minutes ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

I thought the red paw was for wounded predators

Oh is it? I had never seen a red paw before today, but when I was hunting I was using a poisonous arrow and it came up as a red paw on the map. I thought that was the reason. It was a Cougar though, he is a predator, so I think you are correct. Funnily after 300 hours of game time I had never seen one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 4 Users Currently Viewing
    1 member, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests

    • LoneWolf260
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.