3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

TheLordMarvel

Things you didn't know about RDR2 until now

Nulla Lex Ink.

When you have the subtitles on and have it so that the speaker appears next to the lines, Sadie will always be listed as "Stranger" when you replay missions. Prolly cause when you first meet, her name is unknown to the characters. Still hilarious though.

Semaj 2JZ♢

If you run your horse from warm temps to temps around freezing in a short enough time you can see steam radiate off your horse for a short period while they are still hot from the trek.

Darealbandicoot

You can nail down a stake in the ground and hitch your horse to it. Just discovered this completely by accident 

Satanta
On 10/31/2018 at 12:28 PM, anthony said:

Just a heads up, had some kind of bug where the shopkeeper and doctor in Valentine stayed standing still behind their counter when their places was closed.

I sent a message to the support and this was their response:

Screenshot-20181101-002542.png

Doing that did reset my in-game settings; controls, camera, display etc but it did fixed the issue.

I am only on page 4 of this thread.  Fun reading.  Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this but that is the exact same answer one gets for any issues sent to R*.  The only difference is the 'Name' of the issue-it is a form letter that some computer sitting in the office 'reads' the email, takes out the pertinent info-in your case the parts involving the shop keepers and inserts them into an electronic form to send back to you with the 'Fix' always the same-reset/Restart/Shoot your console.

Couple of things I've had in-game.

If you stare at Sadie Adlers butt too long she will turn around and ask you what's the matter with you.

I was in St Denis-standing around passing time for it to get dark to start a side Mission.  It was crowded and I went to hop on my horse-instead Arthur grabs some random NPC from behind in a chokehold and starts beating his Kidney's into Oatmeal.  People were screaming and I could not get Arthur to let him go at first.  Ended up with a Wanted $10.00 Bounty for trying to get on my damn horse.

You can walk in on a couple with the girl riding Cowboy in the Saloon in....I'll let you find it.  Happened during a Mission so not sure if it happens randomly or specific to that as no one was in the room a couple of days later when I went in.

gonnaenodaethat

Everything I foretold

Was true

Aside from the obvious

Pork pies and

Red kippers

SAS_Intruder
23 hours ago, Darealbandicoot said:

You can nail down a stake in the ground and hitch your horse to it. Just discovered this completely by accident 

How?

Satanta
7 minutes ago, SAS_Intruder said:

How?

A lot of the times in the middle of nowhere, if Arthur hops off his horse, he will bend down to 'stake' the horse to the ground-that is my guess.

Annoying as hell because a lot of the time I need to get off the horse to do something-in combat or hunting and it adds that number of seconds wasted getting holes shot in him or wolves attacking to get 'er dun.

SAS_Intruder
1 hour ago, Satanta said:

A lot of the times in the middle of nowhere, if Arthur hops off his horse, he will bend down to 'stake' the horse to the ground-that is my guess.

Annoying as hell because a lot of the time I need to get off the horse to do something-in combat or hunting and it adds that number of seconds wasted getting holes shot in him or wolves attacking to get 'er dun.

It never happened to me, first time I hear about this lol

Satanta
15 minutes ago, SAS_Intruder said:

It never happened to me, first time I hear about this lol

Nice.  Happen about every other time for me.   Annoying-just quit screwing around with the horse, skin the Wolf and get OUT cause there are other Wolves coming danggit!

Cutter De Blanc

When you fire your shotgun into the air all of the birds within earshot will stop chirping, then slowly, gradually, the bird noises begin to come back one by one so subtle you might not even notice

Drinking more than one moonshine in a row will get you drunk, and get you drunk almost twice as fast as other alcohols

Drinking a cup of coffee reduces your drunkenness by one level

Just south of the last A in Manzanita Post there is a wrecked circus wagon, in the wagon is one of those fortune teller machines. If you punch it, it will tell you a snarky fortune.

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

TheSantader25

Shot a deer with a revolver. An NPC passing by said "Who kills a deer with a revolver?" 

XAIKON

got really sick of findiing a nice area to camp, only to get the notificaton "you cannot set up camp here as there is too much activity in the area" so I applied a bit of real-world logic.... run around in a 20 meter circle, shooting your gun in the air.... scares off all wildlife and I can camp freely. Has worked 100% since I worked it out!

Satanta
33 minutes ago, XAIKON said:

got really sick of findiing a nice area to camp, only to get the notificaton "you cannot set up camp here as there is too much activity in the area" so I applied a bit of real-world logic.... run around in a 20 meter circle, shooting your gun in the air.... scares off all wildlife and I can camp freely. Has worked 100% since I worked it out!

Interesting.  Wondered about that being in the middle of nowhere.  But I can camp by a road...?

Need a workaround for picking a camping spot and getting moved to the other side of the Map.  I think I saw mentioned pitching a tent solves that.

mde2
On 12/15/2018 at 10:01 AM, SAS_Intruder said:

How?

Hold Y/Triangle when your on your horse and stationary. Very inconsistent when it happens though.

O.Z

You can use explosive shells to open up a safe

DEADWOODZ

I've noticed if you kill someone rest until next morning, certain npc's will pickup the bodies of the person you killed...well it happend to me after going into a duel w/ an old fella in the saloon at Rhodes!

mde2

Not sure if it's there during the main campaign, but after the game is complete there's a barber inside the saloon in Valentine.

LeftTurnus

So I have been finished for a little while. This past weekend I was in New Hanover working on challenges (still have a few to finish), when I found a brand new pre-fab home built on a hill. There is a new fence around it as well. The land in the fence had good amounts of the herbs I needed for Herbalist 7. Was a good place to run to when the bounty hunters showed up too.

The house is empty with no furniture at all.

Wish I could buy it as it was centrally located, just a bit NW of Rhdes if I remember right.

Mach1bud
1 hour ago, mde2 said:

Not sure if it's there during the main campaign, but after the game is complete there's a barber inside the saloon in Valentine.

It's there from the first moment you step in Valentine lol.

RedDadRedemption
On 12/15/2018 at 6:33 PM, XAIKON said:

I figured out to use camp while on my horse it auto sets up camp anywhere instead of searching for a area without a prompt

Meekail

The color of the Kill Cam changes depending on the honor level.

High Honor

7LLeb5n.jpg

X5I71tB.jpg

Low Honor

wah7l4f.jpg

l61rrXs.jpg

Edited by Meekail

Boozey St John

Just roaming around (can't remember of in Valentine or Annesburg) but I saw a white dot on the screen, when I walked over, two NPC's were looking into an open window. When they saw me they fled, but then I got an interaction and I was able to look in the window too. 

(Lost honor watching until the end, but it was nothing raunchy... Humourous but nothing raunchy.)

Anyone know how to trigger these and if they're town specific or not. 

Jmac
1 hour ago, Boozey St James said:

Just roaming around (can't remember of in Valentine or Annesburg) but I saw a white dot on the screen, when I walked over, two NPC's were looking into an open window. When they saw me they fled, but then I got an interaction and I was able to look in the window too. 

(Lost honor watching until the end, but it was nothing raunchy... Humourous but nothing raunchy.)

Anyone know how to trigger these and if they're town specific or not. 

That’s a random event.  I’ve run across two peeping Tom events so far; one in Valentine and one in Strawberry.  Both happened in chapter 2 for me.

Tip: if you’re going to look, cover your face with your bandanna first.

American Venom

I've just started to notice there's a difference between outside temperature compared to indoors. Like if you're somewhere where it's freezing outside and go inside a cabin with a fire going the temperature will change drammatically. It's one of those things that most people would never really notice, but I was curious and yeah that's what it does.

The details in this game continue to boggle my mind and will for years to come.

Motorik

I heard someone whistling "Oh Susannah" in Blackwater. I know it's not a big deal, but I found it cool.

DrDetroit
On 12/17/2018 at 7:58 PM, LeftTurnus said:

So I have been finished for a little while. This past weekend I was in New Hanover working on challenges (still have a few to finish), when I found a brand new pre-fab home built on a hill. There is a new fence around it as well...

Wish I could buy it as it was centrally located, just a bit NW of Rhdes if I remember right.

I think you speak of a new house I'd seen just north of Emerald Ranch. It's got a for sale sign in the front yard.

Was thinking the same thing. Would be cool if I could buy it and keep it as a homestead. Grow food and cattle... a nice little place to bring a workin girl from Rhodes.

Will have to wait for PC version and a mod for that to happen.

Good day!

DrDetroit

Edited by DrDetroit

DiEgOw_CrAzY
On 12/14/2018 at 10:31 PM, SAS_Intruder said:

How?

Hold "triangle" or "Y"

Cutter De Blanc

Van Horn's cemetery is on the hill overlooking the town

Arthur doesn't get cold until the weather drops below freezing (32° Fahrenheit)

To quickly get your horse out of Malnourished Status use the Horse Care service at the stable, it will bring it from Malnourished to Fit

If it starts to rain while you are resting by a fire, you will automatically move from a sitting position to a kneeling

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

brose_sfr
On 12/15/2018 at 6:33 PM, XAIKON said:

i feel your pain. 

i finished the story before i figures out that setting up camp while in your horse works 90% of the time & setting up a camp on foot only works 10% of the time. 

malcolmfunktion

I didn't realise until a couple of days ago that you could skip to cinematic camera heading to destination at 'top speed'. I used to hold the button for cinematic by stopping myself spamming x and therefore would slow down to a trott...anyway, I use this quite oftan now. 

Completely off topic but is there a map anywhere that has all the markings filled in so I can see what I missed. I was watching a youtube video on an Owl location and noticed their map had markings/drawings in it that I haven't discovered yet. I never found that gorilla in the box...or the mammoth bones etc.