3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Spider-Vice

RDR2 Appreciation/Reaction Thread

Spider-Vice

This is a positive thread. Use the "Constructive Criticism" thread to complain about the game.

Have a question? Please use the "RDR2 Quick Questions" thread.

Message added by Spider-Vice

TheSantader25

So To the people who had physical copies I wanna know the installation progress. Was it like any other game(PS4) or did it have special artworks with music like GTA V?

pjw

Installing the game right now, about 45mins to go. Can't wait. Probably gonna stay away from the forums while I play to avoid potential spoilers. Only seems like yesterday that the teaser trailer dropped - feels surreal. This is the first game I've been excited for in a long time. 

nubcaker

Guys... This game, it's perfect. I'm still in disbelief that I'm actually playing it. It's better than I could ever expect.

SeniorDerp
1 minute ago, nubcaker said:

Guys... This game, it's perfect. I'm still in disbelief that I'm actually playing it. It's better than I could ever expect.

I spent probably 45min this morning just walking around St Denis. Got myself a haircut, gave a homeless some change.. the atmosphere is amazing  

Edited by SeniorDerp

nubcaker

And the gunplay is about a hundred levels above ANYTHING I've ever seen before. Never has firing a gun felt so satisfying. Also... Manual cocking!!!! Love it.

Edited by nubcaker

Fluffy Sock

Played the intro.

Spoiler

This looks so f*cking incredible. That RDR1 soundtrack when you rescue John......... Almost tears on my face. Also my horse slipping over the stream, thus Arthur falling to the ground, it felt so real man. Horseriding in RDR1 is a cakewalk compared to this.

Nervous Eater

Anyone have any insight on home burglaries yet? I'm still on the prologue. I'm wondering if you have to progress to a certain point to get a lock picking kit in order to burgle houses. I hope house burglaries are truly a side activity and not just a scripted mission for a specific house.

Getzmunney
20 minutes ago, nubcaker said:

And the gunplay is about a hundred levels above ANYTHING I've ever seen before. Never has firing a gun felt so satisfying. Also... Manual cocking!!!! Love it.

How do you manually cock it? My cattleman seems automatic, the previews made it seem like wee can manually cock the hammer as an intimidation factor. Maybe im missing something. Love the gunplay tho.

Edited by Getzmunney

JC_HUMBLE

I hope everyone is playing by now! How long it takes the installation and patches in physical game

nubcaker
10 minutes ago, Getzmunney said:

How do you manually cock it? My cattleman seems automatic, the previews made it seem like wee can manually cock the hammer as an intimidation factor. Maybe im missing something. Love the gunplay tho.

If you're not tapping the R2 button, but firing slowly, you'll find yourself having to press R2 again after a shot, to recock. Same with the repeater.

GenericGTAO

Incredible...wish the rb button coule have been standard run.  Not a big deal for story mode....my elite controller will fix in in online.  

TheSantader25

Woody Jackson At it again! The soundtrack is phenomenal. 

MarlboroMan1995

Any body know how to get the warhorse for Xbox? I put my code in and it is not available at stable. 

otachi
59 minutes ago, nubcaker said:

The A.i and enemy aim accuracy? and how challenging it is?

¡MAYDAY!
18 minutes ago, MarlboroMan1995 said:

Any body know how to get the warhorse for Xbox? I put my code in and it is not available at stable. 

I'm not finding the war horse either, I did find my thoroughbred from special edition at the stable

Edited by ¡MAYDAY!

SabreWolf1991

When is that 3 GB update patch releasing?

SneakyDeaky

Hey guys, so is there really no way to manually save in this game? I can't find it on the beds? I don't think I like that, I can't save, screw around, then reload, everything gets autosaved now.

O.Z

Installing..... :)

103 minutes remaining lol

Edited by O.Z

TheTruth22333
54 minutes ago, Shinola Gamer said:

I hope everyone is playing by now! How long it takes the installation and patches in physical game

1 hour ago, TheSantader25 said:

So To the people who had physical copies I wanna know the installation progress. Was it like any other game(PS4) or did it have special artworks with music like GTA V?

about 2 hours TOTAL with the small 3.6gb patch

Vitalize

Jesus f*cking christ i can't wait to just sink into this game again after i get home from classes. Last night i tried at LEAST 8 times to sneak past blackwater and get a peak of NA. I'm sure as hell gonna keep trying.

SeniorDerp
2 minutes ago, Vitalize said:

Jesus f*cking christ i can't wait to just sink into this game again after i get home from classes. Last night i tried at LEAST 8 times to sneak past blackwater and get a peak of NA. I'm sure as hell gonna keep trying.

Pinkertons around there? I’m stuck admiring St Denis lol 

MarlboroMan1995
21 minutes ago, ¡MAYDAY! said:

I'm not finding the war horse either, I did find my thoroughbred from special edition at the stable

That’s all I can find too. 

DEADWOODZ

Just thought i would quickly pop on, wow...this f*ckin game! I’m only like 19% through holy sh*t. Just on the train robbery from the #2nd trailer, absolutely unreal.

TheMckeever

Really enjoying it, 3hours in and love the realism(livestreaming it all in Freeaim) seems like it would really be a blast playing on autoaim but I replayed rdr1 recently in Freeaim only and it's so good for a challenge. 

Love how they've simplified the buttons but still find I need to mess with more aim settings than I'd like to(FA).

Vitalize
7 minutes ago, SeniorDerp said:

Pinkertons around there? I’m stuck admiring St Denis lol 

Yeah. There's a huge ass red circle around that area, and if you go past beahers hope, 10 of them show up and rape you with bullets

Edited by Vitalize

Just watched Unforgiven again, so pumped to go back in.

Cutter De Blanc
13 minutes ago, Vitalize said:

I made it at as far as Quaker's Cove, trying like f*ck to get to Thieves' Landing

only tried three times before I figured I'd have to come back better equipped

Big Molio

I’m a couple of hours in now, and Rockstar have knocked this game out the park, at least visually. The horse animations are superb, the environments are incredible. You can feel the cold out in that snow.

I’m not sure though if I like Arthur, maybe I’ll warm to him as the game progresses.

The change of pace is nice, and it sort of feels more like an RPG than a Rockstar game.

SneakyDeaky
3 minutes ago, Vitalize said:

Yeah. There's a huge ass red circle around that area, and if you go past beahers hope, 10 of them show up and rape you with bullets

I tried really hard to ride through the Great Plains and after 5 attempts I finally made it to Thieves Landing only to become wanted there and instantly killed. I also tried to use a boat to get to New Austin but the raft randomly threw me over and I drowned as soon as I got close to New Austin. I'm sure there's a reason for it, but I don't want to be spoiled checking the Mapping thread.