3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Spider-Vice

RDR2 Appreciation/Reaction Thread

Spider-Vice

This is a positive thread. Use the "Constructive Criticism" thread to complain about the game.

Have a question? Please use the "RDR2 Quick Questions" thread.

Message added by Spider-Vice

Semaj 2JZ♢

I think they may have fixed horse running. I get much better results from timing the run button taps with hoof beats. I can run my horse much farther and lose less stamina. 

LeftTurnus
4 hours ago, NikosUncle said:

Anyone found the crazy naked wolf man?

Yep. Lassoed him as well. Before I could hogtie him a pack of wolves jumped me and he got away...

American Venom
12 hours ago, woggleman said:

I am playing post game and I actually miss the people at my camp. I miss greeting people and singing songs and the good times before it all went to crap. The effect this game has on me.

To be honest I found the post story/epilogue way too depressing for that reason. That's why I started a new save almost immediately. It goes to show how strong the writing is and how much the game makes us care for the characters that we actually miss them.

I mean sh*t. This game is so powerful I got shot at by a couple of ranchers for trespassing on their property and their Border Collie attacked me so I had to shoot back in self defence. I'm a dog lover and I hate having to kill dogs in video games.😥

Even killing horses in the cross hairs of a shootout gets to me.

Emmi

I definitely miss Chapter II ... for me that was the best chapter of the entire game!

Haggis Basher
20 minutes ago, nemo256 said:

Thinking of getting into this game on PS4. Are the controls as bad as these reviewers have mentioned here https://whydis.com/product/Red-Dead-Redemption-2-PlayStation

I have no issues with the controls. Does take some getting used to but by the end of Chapter II I don't even think about it anymore. And I personal;ly love that we have to cock the guns, feels way more visceral. 

1 minute ago, Emmi said:

I definitely miss Chapter II ... for me that was the best chapter of the entire game!

How so? I just moved onto chapter III.

Emmi

@Haggis Basher It's because in Chapter II everything was still friendly and heartwarming ... from end of Chapter III on the story gets more and more depressive.

Tonesta
10 minutes ago, Emmi said:

@Haggis Basher It's because in Chapter II everything was still friendly and heartwarming ... from end of Chapter III on the story gets more and more depressive.

You know - I heard a lot of people say that the game was a constant downer, and depressing all the way through.

I haven't found that at all.....to be honest, I found Chapter 3 in particular, but also parts of Chapter 4, to both be mostly upbeat, with plenty of hope and camaraderie and fun capers. With a few missions as exceptions to that, of course.

There's a moment where Rev Swanson actually came up to me in Chapter 3 and thanked me, and said how well provided for and happy the camp was!

It's only the events of late Chapter 4 that send everything into a hopeless downward spiral!

Jabalous

One thing that I prefer in RDR over RDR2 is the soundtrack. There are more cinematic songs in Redemption 2 that play at certain points in the story and they're very well-done, but the background music in 1 is more atmospheric and laid-back, specifically the dynamic score that plays in free roaming. I realize that each game tries to create its own atmosphere, and this is not a bad thing, but if I pick one over the other, it'd be Redemption. I've yet to play Online, but I'm watching deathmatches on Youtube and I cannot help it but to think that the music of Redemption enhanced the multiplayer and deathmatching experience. It was more engaging, exciting and with different levels of intensity. Compare by yourself in the videos below. 

Is it just nostalgia? No, I don't think so. 

Edited by Jabalous

TheSantader25

Fuuuuck. 

A dude near the Saint Denis saloon told me he wanted me to do sth. Asked me to come to an alley(Based on my similar experience in a valentine random event I thought this was legit) but then his friend knocked me out and robbed me. Dumped me in the graveyard. Went back to the location but they weren't there. I hope I find them again...

Edited by TheSantader25

Cutter De Blanc

I found a stuffed gorilla. I don't have the option to inspect it or anything, so I guess Arthur considers this a completely normal thing

LeonVegaSuarez

I love the panther trail and the rattlesnake vaquero saddles. Took me a damn while to find those ten 3 star snakes, though. 

woggleman

My GF wants to go online and do some Bonnie and Clyde kind of stuff. I am more of a SP guy but with her it might be fun.

Jason
5 hours ago, LeonVegaSuarez said:

I love the panther trail and the rattlesnake vaquero saddles. Took me a damn while to find those ten 3 star snakes, though. 

Those saddles are OP as f*ck since the patch added the speed boost to them. I have the boar one and I can continually spam X on my horse and with occasional L3 stamina refills I basically have infinite stamina.

woggleman

Where can I find snakes? That is one of the very few complaints I have. They shouldn't be that hard to find.

mr quick

I had to post this somwhere, but isn't the "maybe I'll keep her in black" like, the greatest, most badass line in any game ever? 

LeonVegaSuarez
4 hours ago, woggleman said:

Where can I find snakes? That is one of the very few complaints I have. They shouldn't be that hard to find.

I found most in the Bayou swimming in the river or swamp. Most snakes you find are 3 stars luckily. Make sure to headshot them using deadeye and a small game arrow.

woggleman
2 hours ago, LeonVegaSuarez said:

I found most in the Bayou swimming in the river or swamp. Most snakes you find are 3 stars luckily. Make sure to headshot them using deadeye and a small game arrow.

Thanks. I keep looking for one to get that legendary bull gator hat. 

SeniorDerp

Going back to SP after 4-5hr of RDO makes you really appreciate just how good the SP is, there’s so much living in the world

Edited by SeniorDerp

Mafia Assassin®

Looks like the old blind man isn't the only fortune teller in this game.

I've found a woman in the swamps, at night. At first, I thought it was another trap from the Night Folk, but it was only an old black woman reading my fortune. Creepy as hell, ngl.

Edited by Mafia Assassin®

Jabalous
19 minutes ago, Mafia Assassin® said:

Looks like the old blind man isn't the only fortune teller in this game.

I've found a woman in the swamps, at night. At first, I thought it was another trap from the Murfree Brood, but it was only an old black woman reading my fortune. Creepy as hell, ngl.

You mean the night folk, right? ;) 

Mafia Assassin®
8 minutes ago, Jabalous said:

You mean the night folk, right? ;) 

Yeah, you're right, for some reason I was always end mixing up both gangs.

Ray_Velcoro
18 hours ago, woggleman said:

Like the other mister said in the swamps but i don´t know i was afraid of gators but my favourite spot was definitely west elizabeth enar trapper where cougars sometimes spawns there are also lot of snakes most of them tree stars of course...

Btw, seeing theese comments i´ve got a quesiton i know in tall trees there are skinners , north of van horn mufree blood and in the swamps how do they call themselves ? i was running through there during night my horse ran away and from shadow came like 4 or 5 man like really creepy they looked like zombies  or wtf 

Edited by Ray_Velcoro

Jason

Watching back the old trailers, fun to see what clips they used from late in the story and how they hid certain things. If people knew who the line in the very first trailer was being said to they'd have freaked man. Honestly think the game looks significantly better visually than it did in the trailers as well, the first trailer in particular. Definitely signs of a cut mission though, they use a scene where the whole gang is riding out in what I *think* is around the Heartlands area a few times across the trailers but I don't remember that ever happening in the story.

22 hours ago, Ray_Velcoro said:

Btw, seeing theese comments i´ve got a quesiton i know in tall trees there are skinners , north of van horn mufree blood and in the swamps how do they call themselves ? i was running through there during night my horse ran away and from shadow came like 4 or 5 man like really creepy they looked like zombies  or wtf 

Those are the Night Folk.

DEADWOODZ
1 hour ago, Jason said:

Watching back the old trailers, fun to see what clips they used from late in the story and how they hid certain things. If people knew who the line in the very first trailer was being said to they'd have freaked man. Honestly think the game looks significantly better visually than it did in the trailers as well, the first trailer in particular. Definitely signs of a cut mission though, they use a scene where the whole gang is riding out in what I *think* is around the Heartlands area a few times across the trailers but I don't remember that ever happening in the story.

Not just the Heartlands, but The Great Plains also i think...boy do i wish the whole gang had a mission or more in that area.

It's pretty mad looking back at how the landscapes changed, i mean look how low the mountains looked!

Edited by DEADWOODZ

woggleman

Where did everybody go?

jje1000
5 minutes ago, woggleman said:

Where did everybody go?

Online, sadly.

NintendoFanboy

Just completed the story some 4 weeks later. What a behemoth of a game and a true masterpiece. Simply stunning. Thank you Rockstar. 

Zello

Got done with chapter 6. I'm in tears.

Cutter De Blanc

Don't know why people like the Legend of the East outfit, I think it's hideous. 

I mean unless the Legend of the East was Liberace