3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Spider-Vice

RDR2 Appreciation Thread

Spider-Vice

This is a positive thread. Use the "Constructive Criticism" thread to complain about the game.

Have a question? Please use the "RDR2 Quick Questions" thread.

Message added by Spider-Vice

SneakyDeaky
23 hours ago, DEADWOODZ said:

This is simply beautiful!

Thanks for posting this. Little Creek is my favourite location in the game. It's the 2nd place you see, in shot 2, in the very first trailer. And it's the first location I went to when I could finally free roam in chapter 2. My first hour included fighting a bear, fighting the 0'driscols, running from a crazy hermit with a shotgun, then ten minutes of slowly walking around picking flowers. The whole area is memorable to me and probably the most beautiful landscape in the whole game.

DEADWOODZ
Posted (edited)

I have to agree, Little Creek is stunning. It was definitely my favourite shot from the debut trailer!

Edited by DEADWOODZ

Jason

Probably my favourite area in the game, spent so much time up there hunting in particular. 

SneakyDeaky

The whole area and Black Bone Forest next to it is are my favourite hunting grounds, easily. I like to sleep in that little shack with the ladder, then go hunting. The Loft would be my second favourite shack/hunting lodge.

JC_HUMBLE

Agree, Little Creek is probably the most beautiful place in the game. Also the flowered grassland near The Loft, Grizzlies East is symple beauty...

Spicy_Biscuits
Posted (edited)

Little Creek is nice and all but we can’t ignore Calumet Ravine, near the Wapiti reservation

D7SDeTXX4AA3uof.jpg

The one area that screams out beauty but the kind of area nobody actually visits. Decent for Moose hunting, I’ve found. Also apparently good for taking a dip and letting the current toss you off the waterfalls.

Edited by Spicy_Biscuits

TheOriginalGunslinger
21 minutes ago, Spicy_Biscuits said:

Little Creek is nice and all but we can’t ignore Calumet Ravine, near the Wapiti reservation

D7SDeTXX4AA3uof.jpg

The one area that screams out beauty but the kind of area nobody actually visits. Decent for Moose hunting, I’ve found. Also apparently good for taking a dip and letting the current toss you off the waterfalls.

I’ve definitely enjoyed a little fishing in this area.

Cutter De Blanc
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Spicy_Biscuits said:

D7SDeTXX4AA3uof.jpg

Calumet ravine is cool, but the only campsite nearby at Wapiti sucks ass, forces you to slow walk through the reservation to get back to Calumet.

Pisses me off to no end setting up camp on the opposite side of the ravine only to see "YOU CANNOT USE WEAPONS IN THIS AREA" as dude sets up a f*cking mile away from the water

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

TexasOdysseus

So I *finally* finished my first full playthrough and am just floored. 

I thought the epilogue would drag on a bit, and I expected it to be anti-climactic, but found myself really getting into the "new life" aspect of John and all the missions that went into it. I guess I expected the transition from Arthur to John to be more clumsy, but I think R* struck a really good tone here. 

I'm not near 100% completion and there are certain things that continue to vex and elude me, but I just loved this game. What a story. Rockstar's Magnum opus. And even then, there's room for improvement. But I've appreciated taking my time, exploring, losing myself in this world. What an experience. 

TheOriginalGunslinger
Posted (edited)

I recently went and replayed Red Dead Redemption after finishing Red Dead Redemption II and I must say it just felt right. When I beat Red Dead Redemption that cutscene with Jack over John’s, Abigail’s and Uncle’s graves got to me... (which never did before)

Jack_grave--article_image.jpg

It’s crazy because out of all the “redemption” Jack got his in a way when killing Edgar Ross.

Man, Red Dead Redemption II was an emotional roller coaster during parts of the story and I can’t wait to give it another playthrough.

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger

Cutter De Blanc

Finally almost done with these challenges,  just have Survivalist 10, Weapons Expert 10, and Bandit 10 left to do.

My last encounter with a bear didn't go quite the way Id wanted. Horse bucked me into the bears mouth,  had to shoot it

cp1dell

I have a newfound appreciation for something concerning the game in the epilogue.

So yes, we do not have John’s hair in the epilogue. Correction, that is his RDR2/1899 hair we do not have. Upon “investigating” this, I’ve found that right parted, length six to be pretty spot on when compared to his hair in RDR1.

Length five is too short, and he has this sort of “bowl/bulge” on the sides of his head, whereas this is more of Arthur’s hairstyle. Length seven is too long as it extends a bit past the top of his shoulders. After looking st some screens if John in RDR1 where he doesn’t have his hat when waking up on MacFarlane’s Ranch, you’ll see his hair only goes down to his collar. This is the exact length of hair at level six, and right parted gives him very similar bangs to his hair in RDR1. Beard is simple as that’s just everything at level two.

So if you want John to look like how he did in RDR1, you’re looking for right-parted 6/7, and facial hair 2/10. And it’s pretty spot on.

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m a full believer in the idea of choice and available options, so I absolutely think the other option should be available for those that desire it. But as far as I’m concerned, what I mentioned here works very, very well.

Domand

I was riding back to Camp, when my newly groomed and fashioned horse and I were ambushed by some enemies. My horse got downed but I managed to kill all the enemies. But I didn’t have any horse reviver. Being right in between Valentine and Strawberry, I was in the worse possible place and I definitely wasn’t loosing my horse. I loved that thing and had bonded with it quite a lot lol.

so I sprinted all the way to Strawberry, bought horse reviver and sprinted back and saving my horse in time. Went through a lot of resources and tonics to keep up my stamina but I was happy I manage to do it lol.