3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Spider-Vice

RDR2 Appreciation Thread

Spider-Vice

This is a positive thread. Use the "Constructive Criticism" thread to complain about the game.

Have a question? Please use the "RDR2 Quick Questions" thread.

Message added by Spider-Vice

eighthdoctor

This game was everything I wanted and so much more. I hope you were able to enjoy & play through the game without being spoiled for anything @Domand😉

MostWantedMVP

I love this game so much I want RDR3 to star Landon Ricketts and be set in the very old west glory days, maybe run into a young Hosea, Arthur and Dutch.

Blendi-

From what I've seen from RDR2 teh game is everything I wanted sadly im a PC gamer and guess R* is busy milking onliner as much as they can so we gotta wait but  one thing I got to say when it comes out I'm probably gonna play a lot I can feel it. RDR2 feels like the old R*  games I've played for so many time and I never got bored, GTA SA GTA Vice City now RDR2. Thanks god they're on the old way to make fun games that you wont be bored also I don;'t care about online.

BoulderFaceplant
Posted (edited)

The dynamic NPCs just going about their business is some of the most immersive stuff I’ve seen in a video game. I love how you can greet people, and the dialogue changes based on time of day. In smaller towns especially, it makes everything feel so alive and real. In RDR I used to put my bandana on and wantonly kill people to watch the euphoria physics- they died like real people. In RDR2 I don’t want to do anything like that, because they LIVE like real people.

Love that simulation aspect. 

Edited by BoulderFaceplant

trip

I was day one.  Loved it.  Then it a got a bit long due to no real progression arch and I drifted away from it during chapter 6.

Picked it back up last night and played for hours.  Now I'm excited to play through to the end.

I'm even more excited to start a fresh playthrough and really immerse myself.  My first playthrough of games is always with just seeing what's next while getting to the end...I tend to miss a lot of the small stuff that doesn't count toward the end game.

Slow burning RDR2 could take years if you wanted to play from start to finish...but it might be a fun way to sink I to the game.

And I ramble.

Gummy 
Posted (edited)

Edited by Gummy 

Mister Pinkerton
Posted (edited)

I just hit 54% overall completion and close to 7 days play time. I'm getting more than my value for money from this. I just hope that when Rockstar employees feel down or someone is unjustly criticizing the the singleplayer experience, that they know there are people like me, soaking in as much detail as possible and having a very rich RDR2 experience. All the hard effort and all those minute details are very much appreciated. 

I think RDR2 might be my favorite game now. It's up there with San Andreas for me anyway. Every vista is like a painting. The way the light travels through the trees and catches the smoke. The dynamic weather system brings real atmosphere, especially when a bit of mist is caught by the morning sunrise. 

Like real life, it's equally beautiful as it is brutal. Yesterday I did a bounty and the bounty's friends tried to rescue him. Unfortunately for them I had a double-barrel shotgun at the ready. I blasted two of them in the head and shot the foot off another guy. The blood spatter alone was a glorious thing to behold. 

53817517-d2b3-4611-9d64-b79e333a904c.PNG

WePvX06JhOVlZLs=

ChMNIqvN4KsXyDqzBEMg=

Edited by Mister Pinkerton

Ryan5252

Can we all just take a moment to appreciate this. Arthur killed a squirrel...

42hcJE3h.jpg

Benjamin Bryron Davis (Dutch) was one of the first to cast his dismay, but Clarke's response was hilarious

nz6mF92h.jpg

Well screw you, I thought it was funny anyway 😂

Mister Pinkerton

I haven't really commented on Arthur Morgan yet. For me, he's almost the perfect protagonist. He didn't whine and bitch like Niko, Michael and Trevor. 10 years of moaning protagonists. Arthur, like CJ and Tommy Vercetti, just got things done. They didn't complain much. They weren't little drama queens. Not to sound negative about other characters people love, it's just something I thought was a growing trend with Rockstar. Well, maybe not a trend but it was too recurring. 

Morgan is so likeable. He's street-wise. He's quite loyal. If found a lot Michael and Trevor too bitchy. Complaining. Moaning. They aren't fun people to be around at least not as a gamer trying to escape that and delve in to another fantasy. Maybe it works in film or TV. A more passive form of entertainment. But when I'm in control, I want to have a certain control of the narrative. And maybe "my narrative" isn't a moany complainer and I can't not play as a moany complainer in GTA V because there's too much projection of the character on to the player. Whereas a more silent or less vocal or ambiguous character, you can mould into your own narrative, thus creating a beautifull immersive marriage between player and character.

I used to joke and reference Tony Soprano when he said "Whatever happened Gary Cooper, the strong, silent type." - While I get irony of the situation of a man that's fascinating because we're watching him in therapy and I'm an advocate of therapy, he makes a point - and that point is valid to me in terms of videogame mechanics and how it can help facilitate and bond or immersive experience with the character. Basically, you projecting your tastes and personality on to the character and not the other way around like Trevor and Michael did. 

My point is Arthur Morgan ticks this kind of box. He has character and personality but not too much that he's brashly projecting on the player. You don't want a completely blank canvas either unless it's a RPG, but just enough character to enjoy the story.  And not too much so you can put your own flavour into the mix. 

MostWantedMVP

I finished my second playthough I'm in the epilogue. Been fishing with John. I'm going for 100% and platinum. Overall I loved experiencing the game again and am still loving playing it. I made sure to save in each chapter this time so I can go back and play as Arhur whenever I want. It would be nice to get a Singleplayer expansion like Undead Nightmare for those who aren't that keen of the online mode. I'm not sure whats going on at Rockstar but I hope they're working on one as it's what the majority want and clearly have been vocal about it on their posts.

But RDR2 as a whole is a work of art, a solid and worthy sequel/prequel to Red Dead Redemption that stands on its own two feet. OUTLAWS FOR LIFE.

Jabalous

SneakyDeaky

I love John's whining about Abigail in the early chapters. Him saying we would all gladly kill our wives if it were legal, and another time when he tries to get real drunk and Abigail is constantly calling him from across the camp: "John! John!" "I wish she would shut up! Why won't she just shut up!? Look guys, I'm not here" then he slinks away out of camp.

He's an immature dunderhead, but the acting is great.

Jabalous
Posted (edited)

Chilling

Creepy

Edited by Jabalous

DEADWOODZ

RyuNova

Found this on Reddit, it made me snort in laughter while having a smoke at work...enjoy.

UAVp0Y8.jpg 

SeniorDerp

If you get into a body of water when you’re covered in blood you can see the red washing into the water around you

Cutter De Blanc

Pretty good hunting trip, grabbed another Gila Monster as he was running by, didn't even have to look for it, finally after about a half hour of combing the desert I found the Armadillo I was looking for, little bastard ran faster than my horse, finally killed it after it hid in a bush. I never realized how helpful eagle eye would be when they first showcased it. 

A few more Peccary Pigs and I won't have any reason to go back into the desert anymore!