3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Spider-Vice

Ask A Gameplay Question!

On 10/28/2018 at 6:01 AM, The FoolYT said:

Yes, fist fights are sometimes long or short. I haven't found out how to counter or block yet but people generally die like in GTA 5 after a fist fight.

People do not die after a fist fight; I didn't have a problem with the law so far when some fellers tried to attacked me, BUT if someone on the ground is KO and that you kick him in the head, you can be wanted for murder.

Edited by anthony

Tonesta

So wonder if anyone has a better handle than me on the Honor system (for the record, I've been playing for about 12-13 hours, but am still less than halfway through Chapter 2.....way too many distractions in this game!)?

I get that helping out the NPCs (e.g. rescuing characters in need from the random events) and fulfilling tasks for the law e.g. bounties gets you an Honor+, whilst robbing/murdering/looting law-abiding folk gets you Honor- (one of my first random encounters in the game was the guy who gets killed by his own horse.....I figured he wouldn't mind if I just took his stuff afterwards, but apparently the game's honor system did!). I want to be honorable in this game, for the most part, so I'm generally trying to follow that path.

My one exception to this - because it's kind of how I feel my Arthur would react - is that I instantly try to beat up, shoot or maim anyone who identifies themselves as an O'Driscoll. Is killing 'bad' people going to positively or negatively affect my honor? Or not at all?

And if I find a shack out in the wilderness, with noone about, and try ransacking it for a bit (just looking for cigarette cards, y'know!?!), is that also negatively impacting my honor. Or is that sort of activity OK?

On a less important note.....is the Rockstar Social Club tracker frelled for everyone else, or is it just me?

For example on missions completed - the overview says I've done 18 story missions, but under the story tab it says I've done 13. I'm pretty sure that the correct answer is actually 14 so they're both out.

And none of my challenge progression seems to be registering there.......

As I say, it's no biggie - but it is a feature that I appreciate for Rockstar games (for example, it means I can review my progress when I'm at work!) so it's a very slight shame that it doesn't appear to be functioning properly......

Edited by Tonesta

ryan_J
3 hours ago, ryan_J said:

Which chapter requires you to go to Saint Denis for the first time?

Anyone that can answer this?

SneakyDeaky

Is it true you unlock more outfits by improving your honor?

The FoolYT
37 minutes ago, Tonesta said:

So wonder if anyone has a better handle than me on the Honor system (for the record, I've been playing for about 12-13 hours, but am still less than halfway through Chapter 2.....way too many distractions in this game!)?

I get that helping out the NPCs (e.g. rescuing characters in need from the random events) and fulfilling tasks for the law e.g. bounties gets you an Honor+, whilst robbing/murdering/looting law-abiding folk gets you Honor- (one of my first random encounters in the game was the guy who gets killed by his own horse.....I figured he wouldn't mind if I just took his stuff afterwards, but apparently the game's honor system did!). I want to be honorable in this game, for the most part, so I'm generally trying to follow that path.

My one exception to this - because it's kind of how I feel my Arthur would react - is that I instantly try to beat up, shoot or maim anyone who identifies themselves as an O'Connell. Is killing 'bad' people going to positively or negatively affect my honor? Or not at all?

And if I find a shack out in the wilderness, with noone about, and try ransacking it for a bit (just looking for cigarette cards, y'know!?!), is that also negatively impacting my honor. Or is that sort of activity OK?

On a less important note.....is the Rockstar Social Club tracker frelled for everyone else, or is it just me?

For example on missions completed - the overview says I've done 18 story missions, but under the story tab it says I've done 13. I'm pretty sure that the correct answer is actually 14 so they're both out.

And none of my challenge progression seems to be registering there.......

As I say, it's no biggie - but it is a feature that I appreciate for Rockstar games (for example, it means I can review my progress when I'm at work!) so it's a very slight shame that it doesn't appear to be functioning properly......

If you mean gang members like O'Driscolls and them lot, you don't lose honor from killing them. You only loose honor if you kill civillians, lawmen, livestock and horses. Looting civilians also loses you honor hence why you lost some by looting that guy who got killed by his horse.

Looting random houses or shacks doesn't lose you any honor either from what I've seen.  

17 hours ago, Dominik1411 said:

Hey guys. Is it true that there are only a few scripted bounty hunting mission? I wonder whats happening after finishing them all. No more bounty missions??? I loved the random generated ones in rdr1... :/

When i completed a bounty at a spot, the sheriff said that they won't hang up any more bounties as it scares newcomers to the town so i think that does suggest that there is a limit to the amount of bounties there are. 

Dr.Rosenthal

I need help. I still think the menu's are a bit confusing, at times.

For example; when I finish a mission (or a side-quest) I can hold the Options-button to access "Log" where it shows the objectives I have. But I can't find this "Log" in any other way - for example if I just want to check it randomly to see what I've got to do. Or can I only access it when I've completed a mission and the "Hold Options to show more info"-text appears? That seems very dumb if that's the case.

Also; I picked up a unique engraved Cattleman Revolver from one of my bounty targets, but when I go to the gun shop I can't modify it. Is it supposed to be unmodifiable? It's strange, because when I try and hand the "special" Cattleman revolver to the gun clerk, it shows that I've got two standard-silver-colored, dull looking guns. But one of them is the unique weapon (and it should look engraved and should have a black metal finish).

There is a bunch of small stuff like this that keeps confusing me. I'll probably be back with more... But, as I stated in the beginning of this post, I'd really like to know if there's an easy way to view the log (at any time you feel like viewing it).

Also, related to that (this is an important one too); I had Javier Escuella talking about how he made poisoned throwing knives (I think it was). He then told me to go get some herb and bring back to him and he'd teach me. And I know a bunch of other people have asked me for similar favors. But how can I access the list of all the things that I should gather and for who? If any of you can help me with any of the above, please let me know.

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal

ewankirky

Is a horse with the stats built up worth more when selling it at the stables?

Is there decent money to be made by breaking and selling wild horses?

Sentinel Driver

How do you actually dismember someone in combat?

I can blow a head off no problem if I shoot them in the head with a shotgun after they're dead but I never seem to get any gibbing when actually getting kills

SneakyDeaky
19 minutes ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

I need help. I still think the menu's are a bit confusing, at times.

For example; when I finish a mission (or a side-quest) I can hold the Options-button to access "Log" where it shows the objectives I have. But I can't find this "Log" in any other way - for example if I just want to check it randomly to see what I've got to do. Or can I only access it when I've completed a mission and the "Hold Options to show more i

Also, related to that (this is an important one too); I had Javier Escuella talking about how he made poisoned throwing knives (I think it was). He then told me to go get some herb and bring back to him and he'd teach me. And I know a bunch of other people have asked me for similar favors. But how can I access the list of all the things that I should gather and for who? If any of you can help me with any of the above, please let me know.

Tap left on the D-pad to bring up your log and side quests/fetch quests at any time. Holding it brings up the journal.

Dr.Rosenthal
45 minutes ago, SneakyDeaky said:

Tap left on the D-pad to bring up your log and side quests/fetch quests at any time. Holding it brings up the journal.

Oh, wow. It was that easy 😅 Thanks a bunch m8!

NikosUncle
3 hours ago, ryan_J said:

Anyone that can answer this?

Chapter 4 

The FoolYT
2 hours ago, Sentinel Driver said:

I can blow a head off no problem if I shoot them in the head with a shotgun after they're dead but I never seem to get any gibbing when actually getting kills

If you are right next to them and fire a shotgun, it can trigger an execution style kill which will blow their head off.

nubcaker
2 hours ago, Sentinel Driver said:

Just keep trying.

How do I perform the combat dive?

Badbrains420
1 hour ago, nubcaker said:

Just keep trying.

How do I perform the combat dive?

I believe it’s just the dodge you do with x or square while you have your guns drawn 

Dr.Rosenthal

@Badbrains420 @nubcaker

As a combat-rolling GTAO player, I don’t know how many times now I’ve been lying in the mud at point blank range from an enemy NPC... 😄

Len Lfc

One of the first times I set up a camp, I noticed I could pitch a tent. Ever since then I haven't been able to. How do I do that? Do I need specific provisions?

¡MAYDAY!
1 hour ago, Len Lfc said:

One of the first times I set up a camp, I noticed I could pitch a tent. Ever since then I haven't been able to. How do I do that? Do I need specific provisions?

The option to pitch a tent comes up after you choose the sleep option.

8 hours ago, Tonesta said:

My one exception to this - because it's kind of how I feel my Arthur would react - is that I instantly try to beat up, shoot or maim anyone who identifies themselves as an O'Driscoll. Is killing 'bad' people going to positively or negatively affect my honor? Or not at all?

Yes usually stealing and looting corpses is considered as something not honorable, I'm not sure if this is the case for every person, says you get attacked and you kill some O 'Driscoll, I'm not sure and I don't remember if you lose honor if you loot them.

You can say hi and greets fellers to gain honor, you can also gain honor by answering (positively) back to fellers who says hello. As for looting a cabin and that kind of stuff, I do not remember losing honor for that, it should be OK.

Unfortunately I can't play the game right now so I can't exactly verify..

In the end, be nice with your surrounding, maybe if you pet dogs you can also gain honor? not sure.

1 hour ago, Len Lfc said:

I didn't even know that you could choose to pitch a tent, if you are in some places like a snowy mountain Arthur will pitch a tent automatically tho.

Edited by anthony

TheOriginalGunslinger

Is there a way to move just a tad bit quicker in certain interiors (in this case, searching through cabinets/drawers)? That’s really my only “meh” from this phenomenal game. Like, after I’ve killed a few people I would like to make the searching through things a quicker process instead of slowly opening a cabinet/drawer at a snails pace. I know the immersion to it feels nice but some people are in a hurry. I just wanna get what I need and get outta there. Given all the choices in this game I really wish there was an option to move quickly in some places and ram sack the place (pulling out drawers faster) sometimes.

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger

Len Lfc
18 minutes ago, ¡MAYDAY! said:

The option to pitch a tent comes up after you choose the sleep option.

Thanks! Everytime I chose to sleep, I just always focused on the morning option. Weird how you can miss the obvious so easily :/

7 minutes ago, TheOriginalGunslinger said:

Is there a way to move just a tad bit quicker in certain interiors (in this case, searching through cabinets/drawers)? That’s really my only “meh” from this phenomenal game. Like, after I’ve killed a few people I would like to make the searching through things a quicker process instead of slowly opening a cabinet/drawer at a snails pace. I know the immersion to it feels nice but some people are in a hurry. I just wanna get what I need and get outta there. Given all the choices in this game I really wish there was an option to move quickly in some places and ram sack the place (pulling out drawers faster) sometimes.

Not possible as far as I know, you can fast walk and that's it.

Shadowfennekin

I'm pretty sure it was this thread.... or it could have been another.

But I've run into that issue I hadn't paid much mind to.

I took a visit to Annesburgh and got innocently framed for murder.

Now there's no bounty..... but when I try to do the legendary fish and animal up there bounty hunters show up and ruin my day.

Is there a way to make them go away in that area? It doesn't appear to be an option at post offices.... and I see no bounty for that area either. :/

StuntCurry707
51 minutes ago, TheOriginalGunslinger said:

like GTA, I switch back and forth from 1st person view all the time. try it out. it makes moving around looting houses/stores and bodies a lot easier

Crm114

@volta2001

Were you able to get a perfect black bear pelt? Seems to be bugged out for me I've shot 4 in a row perfectly in the head and the best I get is good pelt wtf is going on Lol? I also have the trinket talisman Thingy thats supposed to boost pelt quality.

wagszilla

How does one rob without affecting their honor? 

Simply equip the bandana, point the gun, and hold up with triangle?

I've accidentally f*cked up my honor too many times already

1 hour ago, wagszilla said:

How does one rob without affecting their honor? 

Simply equip the bandana, point the gun, and hold up with triangle?

I've accidentally f*cked up my honor too many times already

I don't think it's possible.

Edit: I did shot bounty hunters and some (armed) fellers in a cabin in the woods with a mask on and I didn't lost any honor so I'm not sure, because I actually never robbed anyone.

Edited by anthony

Jedster
14 hours ago, Dudu RDRII said:

But will my horse carry all the game's weapons if I want to?

Yes, you can have all weapons that are in the game (side arms twice) stored in your saddle at once. You just have to remember to pick up guns that you want to take with you before you leave the horse, I forget that sometimes and I am stuck with revolvers... :)  

Cyraxx

I have a question about something that's been really bothering me, but it's a massive spoiler. Do not read this if you haven't beaten the game, for real.

LAST WARNING HUGE END GAME SPOILERS BEWARE:

Spoiler

I am now on my second playthrough of the game, and something I noticed on my other save is that at the stables, John does not have access to your old horses, unlike how he does with all of your other old gear. In my new playthrough, I have tamed and broken the legendary white coat Arabian horse. Am I f*cked now? If it's one of a kind, does that mean I can never get it back after I switch to John now? Does anybody know for sure? Kind of a reach I know, but..

volta2001
8 hours ago, Crm114 said:

@volta2001

Were you able to get a perfect black bear pelt? Seems to be bugged out for me I've shot 4 in a row perfectly in the head and the best I get is good pelt wtf is going on Lol? I also have the trinket talisman Thingy thats supposed to boost pelt quality.

Ya I’ve gotten a couple perfect black bear pelts (PS4). Make sure before you shoot, it’s a 3 star animal; it will show it in the bottom right of the screen . Check it with the binoculars, or aim at it if close enough 

icefds

Anyone know, where i can find elk? (not the legendary one)

Strategy guide location is complete bs. In over 30 hours, i have yet to encounter an elk.

Edited by icefds