Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Spider-Vice

Ask A Gameplay Question!

Recommended Posts

malcolmfunktion

I'm trying to get alp the trapper clothes completed but I've killed the legendary bison already yet the trapper doesn't have the pelt. What's up with that? This is going to torture me and my ocd with games. I'm still trying to hold ignore that I've lost the stone hatchet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mad-Monkey_1st
1 hour ago, malcolmfunktion said:

I'm trying to get alp the trapper clothes completed but I've killed the legendary bison already yet the trapper doesn't have the pelt. What's up with that? This is going to torture me and my ocd with games. I'm still trying to hold ignore that I've lost the stone hatchet.

go back to a save before you killed it 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0223998743

Too much money at the end of the game, how can I lose mostly all of it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LFC_Buc

please help before I launch my Disc out the Window. I’ve just started or tried to the side mission “ A better World, A New Friend” I’ve got to get a perfect Rabbit Carcass and perfect Squirrel Carcass. Ive had loads of Perfect Rabbits, different breeds but none counted. I’ve killed 3 Squirrels but god knows where they are in my inventory to check if there perfect or not. Do I have to get certain breeds of each or any breed? Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cutter De Blanc
8 hours ago, 0223998743 said:

Too much money at the end of the game, how can I lose mostly all of it?

1500 dollar bounty in all 5 states, do it twice, that's 15000 down the hole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Satanta

Can one actually sleep at Beechers Hope?  Never found an option in the bedroom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0223998743

Does the sharpness slider actually do anything ? (base PS4)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Satanta
3 hours ago, 0223998743 said:

Does the sharpness slider actually do anything ? (base PS4)

It does on Xbox.  Had to adjust the sharpness down a tad and use one of the colorblind modes to make the game look less Garish for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LeonVegaSuarez

Did the update from yesterday changes anything in story mode? I noticed when you change ammo in the inventory wheel there's a sound now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vik2390

53043025_2703675172979531_87284585916499

 

Why all the cores sooo darkened???? Even if they run out it much lighter than here. I've tryin eat/feed horse but cores just little bumps like if they fulled and still same color. I've switched the session and it's went back to normal color, but question still here.

Edited by Vik2390

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Satanta
2 hours ago, Vik2390 said:

53043025_2703675172979531_87284585916499

 

Why all the cores sooo darkened???? Even if they run out it much lighter than here. I've tryin eat/feed horse but cores just little bumps like if they fulled and still same color. I've switched the session and it's went back to normal color, but question still here.

I think-

 

Spoiler

It is Arthur dying of TB.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vik2390
24 minutes ago, Satanta said:

I think-

 

  Hide contents

It is Arthur dying of TB.

 

But... there is *whispering* just 1898. Arthur with whole gang in Montana for now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Totalingduck

When I go to a stable I don’t have the option for categories of horses to select from. Anybody no why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BoulderFaceplant

I have a glitch that makes it so I can’t clean the barn (pitchfork doesn’t appear), which means I can’t get any milk to bring into town. I know John stocks the wagon with milk and eggs, and without the milk, can I still stock the wagon?

 

If nothing else, this is really the pivotal question: do I need to stock the wagon to earn any trophies/100% complete the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LFC_Buc

I’ve just started Chapter 4 and checked my progress to see how I’m doing finding Weapons. I’ve found 20 and a little worried I may have missed some. I’m gunning for 100% completion so need another 28 to find. I was just plodding along through the story and didn’t even think about picking weapons up,I can’t even remember if I picked up the Gunslingers Guns. Are there still plenty out there to complete this? Thanks in advance 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LeonVegaSuarez
47 minutes ago, LFC_Buc said:

I’ve just started Chapter 4 and checked my progress to see how I’m doing finding Weapons. I’ve found 20 and a little worried I may have missed some. I’m gunning for 100% completion so need another 28 to find. I was just plodding along through the story and didn’t even think about picking weapons up,I can’t even remember if I picked up the Gunslingers Guns. Are there still plenty out there to complete this? Thanks in advance 

Lots of knives and axes to be found all over the map. Just google for a guide

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Satanta
18 hours ago, LeonVegaSuarez said:

Lots of knives and axes to be found all over the map. Just google for a guide

and Ax's.  lots of those too.  Not many guns compared to what was readilly available but hey-we all want to play RedDead and Dragons right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LFC_Buc
Posted (edited)

Q1. complete one of each robbery types -  My progress says I’ve done 3/4 of these robberies but I’m pretty sure I’ve done them all. After searching through Google I see other posts regarding it but no fix. Can anyone shed any light on this plz? 

 

Q2. So I let my Nephew play my game the other day and not only did he rack up a huge bounty but also sold some of my Cigarette Cards, can I still complete the collections for 100% completion or am a screwed? Thanks in advance 

 

Edit for Q1. Ive done all 4 again but still says 3/4, is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong?

Edited by LFC_Buc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Shakermaker

What does the camp upgrades do? I mean the decorative ones, the cougar chest, moose antlers etc., seemed like a waste of time doing all that in the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lemoyne outlaw

how do i get into fort wallace?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Satanta
23 hours ago, The Shakermaker said:

What does the camp upgrades do? I mean the decorative ones, the cougar chest, moose antlers etc., seemed like a waste of time doing all that in the end.

Makes everyone Nicer so the conversations are different.   Arthur gets to spend the night with May Beth.

 

Ok, not really, it just makes everyone Nicer and supposedly they donate more so instead of them donating .5 they donate .7 or such.

19 hours ago, confederatestatesgta said:

how do i get into fort wallace?

During a Mission.   I know some people have either snuck in or used a glitch but otherwise you are going to die-sort of like going into Blackwater as Arthur.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lemoyne outlaw
4 hours ago, Satanta said:

During a Mission.   I know some people have either snuck in or used a glitch but otherwise you are going to die-sort of like going into Blackwater as Arthur.

i know that. i mean how do i get in during free roam.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xxrdr2xX
On 10/26/2018 at 1:31 PM, GroveStGTAV said:

When civilian sees me i committed crime. they escaping to report me. How can i stop them without killing?

You can use your lasso to hogtie them and then you can keep them there or let them go, either way they won't tell the lawmen

On 10/26/2018 at 1:31 PM, GroveStGTAV said:

When civilian sees me i committed crime. they escaping to report me. How can i stop them without killing?

You can use your lasso to hogtie them and then you can keep them there or let them go, either way they won't tell the lawmen

Does anyone know if lawmen ever stop sending reinforcements like they did in rdr1? I've killed enough to fill the town with bodies and they haven't stopped

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cactus.

How can I attack animals with just a knife? I'm sure it's very, very simple. But for some reason I tried attacking a cow (that's right, a cow) while I had my hunting knife equipped, but Arthur wouldn't do anything. I'm using R2 on the playstation controller. is it because it was a defenseless cow, and I'm not allowing to attack it or something? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
resbas
19 hours ago, cactus. said:

How can I attack animals with just a knife? I'm sure it's very, very simple. But for some reason I tried attacking a cow (that's right, a cow) while I had my hunting knife equipped, but Arthur wouldn't do anything. I'm using R2 on the playstation controller. is it because it was a defenseless cow, and I'm not allowing to attack it or something? 

Try attacking using the circle button on the controller.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dan_1983

Why on earth do I lose honour for killing a hostile camper in self defence just because I was riding my horse 15 feet away from his camp?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LFC_Buc

What are the controls on Xbox One for multiple markers on Dead Eye and how do you stay in Dead Eye to kill 2 difference Animals? Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jimbatron
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, LFC_Buc said:

What are the controls on Xbox One for multiple markers on Dead Eye and how do you stay in Dead Eye to kill 2 difference Animals? Thanks

It depends which part of the story you are at as to how your dead eye ability changes.

 

However even the basic dead eye allows you to kill 2 or more targets at once. It auto paints targets as you move the cross hair over them. So you just need to move it over two different animals (preferably the head) before the dead eye runs out. 

 

Just use L3 and R3 together to activate deadeye then don’t press them again or R2 to fire before you’ve pained two targets. After “Pouring Forth Oil IV” (iirc) in Chapter 2 you can manually paint targets which makes it much easier to get multiple headshots in the same deadeye. L1 to paint targets, R2 when ready to fire. Again don’t push the sticks or you’ll deactivate deadeye.

 

If you’ve completed “Urban Pleasures” in Chapter 4 it’s even easier as you can keep firing (press R2) multiple times, it will only deactivate if you push the sticks or your core runs out (take some snake oil to avoid this).

 

Completing Chapter 6 mission “Goodbye Dear Friend” highlights critical kill points (head, heart etc) in deadeye but I think the benefit is quite marginal.

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Jimbatron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LFC_Buc
42 minutes ago, Jimbatron said:

It depends which part of the story you are at as to how your dead eye ability changes.

 

However even the basic dead eye allows you to kill 2 or more targets at once. It auto paints targets as you move the cross hair over them. So you just need to move it over two different animals (preferably the head) before the dead eye runs out. 

 

Just use L3 and R3 together to activate deadeye then don’t press them again or R2 to fire before you’ve pained two targets. After “Pouring Forth Oil IV” (iirc) in Chapter 2 you can manually paint targets which makes it much easier to get multiple headshots in the same deadeye. L1 to paint targets, R2 when ready to fire. Again don’t push the sticks or you’ll deactivate deadeye.

 

If you’ve completed “Urban Pleasures” in Chapter 4 it’s even easier as you can keep firing (press R2) multiple times, it will only deactivate if you push the sticks or your core runs out (take some snake oil to avoid this).

 

Completing Chapter 6 mission “Goodbye Dear Friend” highlights critical kill points (head, heart etc) in deadeye but I think the benefit is quite marginal.

 

 

 

 

 

Are they the PS controls? I’m a Xbox One Gamer. Thx for the reply

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jimbatron
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, LFC_Buc said:

Are they the PS controls? I’m a Xbox One Gamer. Thx for the reply

I’m on the Xbox but used to have a PS3 - provided the nomenclature is the same, the buttons and sticks are in the same position. L/R3 are the sticks, L1 is the upper left trigger, R2 is the bottom right trigger in my description above.

Edited by Jimbatron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.