3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Spider-Vice

Ask A Gameplay Question!

BZXC32

the first bear hunt seems bugged, im on ps4. When me and hosea are at the first clue/ trace, ive examend it then i find the tracks on the path but hosea doesnt come along with me he stays by the water, i cant examene the bear paws at the trail although i can see them, then the dead fish in the wood i can also see but not investigate, and still hosea keeps standing by the water then i walk too the bear sh*t and then its game over because i failed investigating the clues

TheFranchise

Can you store stuff that you find on your horse? 

BLOOD

is the dual-weilding exactly like Max Payne 3? (i have a copy but wont be playing it for a while).

Red-dead

Did you manage to find out how to i wanted to know also

6 hours ago, voltastar said:

trying to equip the gta rewards but i don't know what to do. Anyone know? my social account is linked. 

Shadowfennekin

From what I read somewhere earlier, the revolver's a skin.

But it wasn't available for the starter revolver.... so I'm guessing it's for a later gun?

No clue on the hatchet yet

brose_sfr

can we manually tag targets in Dead Eye mode?

the auto tag puts too many shots into the first enemy...

PkUnzipper
3 hours ago, PJULLE_DK said:

How do you make money fast in this game??

Also do you get any perks for being evil bacause i kinda wanna kill all people😃

Then you're in luck because your PC Arthur was designated to live life as an outlaw.....

Only perks from being evil/killing everything that moves which you see is having the US Marshalls and the long arm of the law hunting your ass on a 24/7 basis.

It's too bad you couldn't have one of your camp mates arrest you and take you in to collect the bounty on your head. Then have several other bust you out of jail the following night. That would've made for a great racket. LoL.

Other more reasonable money making venues:

• Try your luck gambling. Play poker, blackjack and dominoes. These are the big gambling payoffs if Lady Luck smiles your way. Five finger fillet might not pay. And will likely pay much less if it does. With the special bonus that it may cripple your trigger finger....
  • Do lots of bounty hunting. Good money to be made there
  • Rustle horses and cattle. Talk to your camp mates and stay on friendly basis with them. If they like you enough, they'll take you with them on their next raid
  • Break in wild horses and sell them at the stables. This costs you zero and you will always make profit from it. This fun activity is back from RDR. If you're RPing a pure evil outlaw type, then steal them for a quick resale. But know that you'll get considerably less money for stolen v. owned horses
  • Hold up trains and stage coaches in sandbox mode. Since you can take both these modes of transportation to get around (besides being on foot & horseback) then it's reasonable to assume you can do a bit of sandbox robbery as well.....
  • Raid other outlaw/bandit camps around the map on a frequent basis. Scavenge and sell their loot
  • steal sh*t around town and try not to get caught. Like the stable NPCs, there are some disreputable fences in towns around the map. Find out where they are and fence your stolen goods there.
  • work on your hunting game. Get to point where you're expert or competent enough to hunt the best game i.e. wolves, gators and bears. According to in game manual, these are the most prized animals in game for their pelts and meat. Sell the pelts & meat to NPCs. Or keep the meat to feed your camp to boost morale. Keep the pelts/teeth, claws etc. to make superior tonics to improve your core stats (and possibly your horse as well). Or try selling them to NPCs in town at general store.
  • Work your fishing game. Next to the meat,  I believe there are a few fish parts that can be used to brew tonics that you can sell (need to confirm this)

an final bonus that others have mentioned is fully explore everywhere you go. You'll be rewarded with big windfalls like that $500 gold bar RiverGhost mentioned

Edited by PkUnzipper

SAS_Intruder

Revolver skin should apply to double action revolver or Colt 1892.

nubcaker
47 minutes ago, brose_sfr said:

That's just level 1 of dead-eye. As you improve, you'll be able to manually select targets.

nubcaker

How to make money in RDR2: Be a criminal. That's it. You can now make loads of money.

PkUnzipper
1 hour ago, Shadowfennekin said:

From what I read somewhere earlier, the revolver's a skin.

But it wasn't available for the starter revolver.... so I'm guessing it's for a later gun?

No clue on the hatchet yet

SPOILER ALERT FOR GTAO/RDR2 CONTENT & WHERE THE OTHER DLC VERSION CONTENT IS LOCATED:

Spoiler

The revolver is in the back room of the doctor's building in Valentine. There's some backroom side/crime activity going on there (if you look into the back room window from outside). Hold up/intimidate the NPC at the counter to gain access to the back room. Handle the criminal NPCs in this room and the revolver is yours for the taking. It's in the same box you found it in GTAO btw

The hatchet: is out in the open at an old Indian burial ground. This landmark site is located NW of Elizabeth and due North of a large lake (that is due west of Elizabeth). Go to the site (there is a large cross like symbol on the ground there made from painted rocks etc). The hatchet should be out in the open.

On the other DLC content: these should become available after you complete the intro tutorial game play quests in the Grizzlies (the snowy mountain region) and your first train robbery with the gang.

All DLC food/cash and healing items will be available in your inventory once you make it to the first camp out of the snow region.

if you bought versions like the Ultimate, etc. your weapons/guns should be available (for free pickup) at the local gunsmith shops in town. You may need to reach a certain part of the story or have a certain amount of progression before you unlock these and they become accessible though.

On horses: access to horses and stables is unlocked once you visit a stable in a side mission with Hosea. Once unlocked, any horse you own (or steal and make your own by putting your saddle on them) can be stored at the stables. Also note that you can store up to 3 horses at any time in stables around the map. Which is perfect if you bought the Ultimate edition which gives you some 3 horses total (The war horse, black chestnut, and dappled black thoroughbred). This doesn't include your starter horse however.

All DLC clothing like the Outlaw outfit etc. are in Arthur's chest at his tent once the MQ has you leave the Grizzlies region

Lonely-Martin

Bounties, hunting, fishing, robbing and looting... And gambling.

Careful kids!

CH14R1

The place where I can sell looted items such as clocks and bracelets is too far ahead in history from Valentine? Asking that because bag is almost full.

Rockstar Vienna
37 minutes ago, CH14R1 said:

The place where I can sell looted items such as clocks and bracelets is too far ahead in history from Valentine? Asking that because bag is almost full.

Not sure if there are other places where you can sell rings, clocks, bracelets etc. but I was able to sell that stuff in Saint Denis.

GroveStGTAV
2 hours ago, brose_sfr said:

It will unlock in the train robbery mission with sean marston and charles

Murdochlach

Is anyone else having problems with mask/bandanas? I always seem to get a bounty even though not a single person has seen me put it on? Am I doing something wrong?

Kubitz

Does anyone know how to adjust the screen size for the game on a Ps4? I cant seem to find it in the settings 

Rhade kaardal

That revolver is not the right revolver, its a completely different one thats the schofield looking for double action. 

volta2001

Ya what is going on with this? How do we get these weapons?

You can buy it from the Social Club catalogue too, although you'll have to pay 65 bucks for it. Dunno if it will actually be charged when you did the challenge in GTA:O, though

Edited by Guest

volta2001

I don’t know where the social club catalog is. The double action revolver has had a red lock on it since I started; and I don’t see the hatchet anywhere 

Cutter De Blanc

This topic sucks for getting answers but is there any other color bandana?

brose_sfr

anyone know where we get our revolver & hatchet we unlocked on GTAO?

Crm114

Ive got a perfect bison pelt and i want to store it while I get the legendary bear pelt so I can get the bear jacket. Any idea where to store it?

59 minutes ago, volta2001 said:

I don’t know where the social club catalog is. The double action revolver has had a red lock on it since I started; and I don’t see the hatchet anywhere 

The Social Club catalogue is on the social club website. Look at your games and under Red Dead it will be there.

DexMacLeod

From VG24/7:

"To get the Stone Hatchet in Red Dead Redemption 2, you need to head north of Owanjila where you’ll find it at the Native American Burial site."

I have no idea where that is. Haven't uncovered it on my map yet.

Edited by DexMacLeod

oCrapaCreeper

Pelts can only be stowed on the back your horse I believe, not way to store a bunch of them from what I've seen.

Bakamomo

How do you tuck your pants into your boots – and how do you roll up your shirt-sleeves?

(I am early into the game – just arrived in the Heartlands – does this become a feature later on?)

Edited by Bakamomo

Rykjeklut
11 hours ago, Sentinel Driver said:

can you use bows against human targets?

Yes, and it works like a charm.

15 hours ago, strongstyletony said:

Anyone find any quick and easy way to farm money? The earlier in the game the better, but any point is fine.

There is a LOT of stuff to spend money on in this game, and I feel like clearly the main missions doesn't give you nearly enough, even if I loot a ton of bodies. 

When I first started out, I was kinda worried abouy the money situation, but now I'm at ~500 bucks, with a good horse and 9 guns. Money really isn't an issue, unless you want every gun gold-plated all over.

Play the game, hunt, loot.

Crm114

From what I've  gathered, you gotta bring the pelts to the trapper and sell them to him. Once you sell them to him theyre available for crafting. Just gotta pay a fee to make the specific piece of clothing you want.