4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Spider-Vice

Ask A Gameplay Question!

Emmi
1 hour ago, O.Z said:

Where can I view the total gameplay time? I have been looking for ages...

I'd like to know that as well.

55 minutes ago, Mach1bud said:

Not normal. My Arthur is staying very dirty in cutscenes. 

:/ oh dear, what's wrong with my copy then? Is the USK version cut after all???

ookryptic
On 10/26/2018 at 1:31 PM, GroveStGTAV said:

When civilian sees me i committed crime. they escaping to report me. How can i stop them without killing?

Just lasso them

22 hours ago, Doclee said:

Can we quick swap weapon without using the wheel ? Think I saw that in the trailer.

Can we spin the gun before holster it by double tapping L1 ? Like in the trailer ? Can't do it right now.

Don't know about the quick swap but the gun spin is a thing

Mach1bud
51 minutes ago, Emmi said:

oh dear, what's wrong with my copy then? Is the USK version cut after all???

Lol no it's not. Likely just a bug. Get him dirty again and see what happens.

Semaj 2JZ♢
8 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

Can you turn off saving in this game? I wanna screw around a bit and I don't want it to ruin my progress. 

Not that I know of, but you can create a manual save in the options menu to reload from upon completion of shenanigans. Then once reloaded you can choose to overwrite whatever autosave may have occurred.

Where do you get the horse brush?

Is there an ammo that works for hunting medium to big game?

RileyRock

You can turn off autosave 🙂 in settings

Bakamomo
6 hours ago, SeniorDerp said:

In the changing clothes screen IIRC it says "modify" or something along those lines at the right bottom.

Much obliged! Sometimes the things you are looking for are right under your eyes ...

Edited by Bakamomo

Emmi
27 minutes ago, Mach1bud said:

Lol no it's not. Likely just a bug. Get him dirty again and see what happens.

It's strange because it happened to me two times ... the first time after the fight outside the saloon of Valentine ... after I got my clothes all covered in dirt I entered the grocery shop there and all of a sudden the clothes were all clean again. :(

Is there any confirmation that the USK version is really the same as the PEGI and all the other versions?

I also feel like there isn't much blood in the gunfights and I have not seen dead bodies covered with holes from the bullets, not to talk about the heads ... I'm just worried :/

Man Of Mayhem
52 minutes ago, Semaj 2JZ♢ said:

Where do you get the horse brush?

Visit the Stable and buy a horse then the owner gives you the brush. 

9 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

Can you turn off saving in this game? I wanna screw around a bit and I don't want it to ruin my progress. 

Go into the settings turn off auto save then make a manual save once you're finished reload the manual save. 

Len Lfc
7 hours ago, SeniorDerp said:

How tf do you craft coffee?

You need to buy a percolator from the general store, then you can brew coffee from any camp. Note, you also need ground coffee, too. Which you can buy or loot :)

SeniorDerp
2 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

You need to buy a percolator from the general store, then you can brew coffee from any camp. Note, you also need ground coffee, too. Which you can buy or loot :)

I realized that when I started playing again but I’ve been in too deep to post. Thank you

Man Of Mayhem
On 10/26/2018 at 1:04 PM, Len Lfc said:

I attempted to hunt a Bear... it didn't go well, and I got killed. I lost my hat during my unfortunate death, and I suppose I lost it. Is there any way to get it back, or do I need to buy a new one? I liked that hat :(

It should be in your wardrobe at camp but you can also go back to the shop you bought if from find the item in the catalogue and it'll be free. 

Len Lfc
14 minutes ago, SeniorDerp said:

I realized that when I started playing again but I’ve been in too deep to post. Thank you

Can absolutely relate to that... What year is it, by the way? 🤣

15 minutes ago, Man Of Mayhem said:

It should be in your wardrobe at camp but you can also go back to the shop you bought if from find the item in the catalogue and it'll be free. 

Yeah, this has already been resolved. But thanks 👍🏼

Laker23

Where is Charles located in Chapter 2? He's the only person I haven't ever seen in the camp during this chapter.

Reason I ask is because I know you can do a Bison hunting mission with him but he's nowhere to be seen.

Chang

Can you play poker?

:) I Chang

The FoolYT
1 minute ago, Laker23 said:

Where is Charles located in Chapter 2? He's the only person I haven't ever seen in the camp during this chapter.

Reason I ask is because I know you can do a Bison hunting mission with him but he's nowhere to be seen.

He'll spawn there eventually. I did that mission yesterday and he just was in the camp and asked me to go hunting with him. I think it showed up as a white blip on the map with his initials.

1 minute ago, Chang said:

Can you play poker?

:) I Chang

Yes, you can play poker at lots of locations.

Laker23
6 minutes ago, The FoolYT said:

He'll spawn there eventually. I did that mission yesterday and he just was in the camp and asked me to go hunting with him. I think it showed up as a white blip on the map with his initials.

Good to know. I've been doing other people's missions so I'll guess I'll just continue on and wait for him to appear.

The FoolYT
12 hours ago, Emmi said:

Is it normal that the clothes' clean itself when triggering a cutscene?

I entered one with my shirt all covered in blood from a recent hunt and then during cutscene and after the shirt was all clean, like new.

Is that normal or a bug?

Probably a bug, happens to me too

5 hours ago, DirtCheap said:

If you skin a legendary but happen to die, is it possible to retrieve that skin again?

I had a legendary boar pelt and i died and it said something about my pelt being relocated to the trapper, I haven't checked if he has it yet though.

4 hours ago, Len Lfc said:

What exactly does this Horse Icon mean? It flashed up every now and then on the Horse Health Icon. From what I can tell it means the horse needs brushing, but I can't be certain.

KOQ2iaW.jpg

I think that means the horse is dirty and needs to be brushed

4 hours ago, SneakyDeaky said:

Maybe it's because I've only done 7 missions in total lol but I cannot figure out what the three little red icons at the top right screen mean when I'm in the camp? I also can't figure out the camp mood or supplies? I do chores and bring food and I cannot really tell what they help with. I also cannot use the Health, Ammunition and Provisions that are listed in the mini map at the camp?

I can't find stats for playtime, crimes, kills, days passed and usual stats like that?

The health, ammunition and provisions stuff, look in your ledger in your camp which is next to the contributions box in order to get information about what those are exactly. 

On 10/26/2018 at 5:58 PM, SneakyDeaky said:

How do we start home robberies? I have gone into shacks and stolen everything but the stats say I haven't committed any home robberies, so maybe there's more depth to it and I just haven't found the right places.

Only certain spots will count as home robberies, so yea you have to find the right places.

On 10/26/2018 at 7:58 PM, Sentinel Driver said:

It seems like gun stores sell.. well guns

Anyone know where do we get melee weapons or explosives?

molotovs maybe? Anyone have gameplay videos of these weapons being in use?

can you use bows against human targets?

I'm 100% sure i bought some dynamite, throwing knifes, Tomahawks and fire bottles at a shop. I believe you can buy it from a fence shop perhaps. (I've also looted a fire bottle of an enemy gang member corpse)

On 10/26/2018 at 8:06 PM, izXenon said:

Are fist fights realistic? Do people you beat up drop on the ground and die like in GTA 5? Or do they get up after a while like GTA 4/RDR1?

Yes, fist fights are sometimes long or short. I haven't found out how to counter or block yet but people generally die like in GTA 5 after a fist fight.

SeniorDerp
20 minutes ago, The FoolYT said:

Yes, fist fights are sometimes long or short. I haven't found out how to counter or block yet but people generally die like in GTA 5 after a fist fight.

Block is X on Xbox so probably Box on PS4

PkUnzipper
20 hours ago, DexMacLeod said:

From VG24/7:

"To get the Stone Hatchet in Red Dead Redemption 2, you need to head north of Owanjila where you’ll find it at the Native American Burial site."

I have no idea where that is. Haven't uncovered it on my map yet.

I just answered that a couple posts above. Scroll up and you find exactly where. It's under a spoiler tag.  Owanjila is the name of the lake land marker btw

Shinola Gamer

What's the point of equip the pocket watch is there a way to show it like the smartphones from GTA V.

Coranub
5 hours ago, The FoolYT said:

But where can you play blackjack? I finished chapter 2, and i haven't found a single place to play blackjack.

Edit: Found it.

Edited by Coranub

Len Lfc
1 hour ago, Shinola Gamer said:

What's the point of equip the pocket watch is there a way to show it like the smartphones from GTA V.

Yeah, you can equip it from the Items Wheel. Don't think you can quick access it though. But it doesn't really serve a purpose that I know of. Unless not having one means there is no time displayed at all? That'd be a cool feature, but I do not wish to test it lol

Edited by Len Lfc

PkUnzipper

Reposting this because found some other cool ways to make $$$ money

Note: if you're trying to help an NPC from being robbed AND you happen to be in town, DON'T pull out your gun and go all GTAO pew pew pew on the criminal NPC. You'll get a bounty when the ungrateful NPC victim runs off and rats you out to the law (unless you're quick enough to point your gun at them which will both stop and intimidate them). Use your lasso instead and take the criminal to the sheriff.  Found this out the hard way. Not sure if you can get away with using the stone hatchet instead of lasso though.

Anyhow, other ways to make money:

• Treasure Hunting. Make $1,000+ by completing treasure maps like the Jack Hall gang treasure hunt. Find the stranger Maximo west of Flat Neck station. Buy the treasure map off him for $10 (or if you're playing evil Arthur, murder him and loot all pieces of the map from his twitching corpse). Be sure you have a good horse and supplies to last over a week as the hunt will take you all over the map to some crazy locations
  • Find and sell special collectibles to certain strangers. Find and sell special and rare/exotic collections. Explore and find quest giving strangers at the "?" question mark around the map. Get $100+ in rewards
  • Loansharking. Talk to Strauss at the camp to find out which townsfolk or vendors owes the gang dead Presidents. Go find them and offer them free knuckle sandwiches.
  • Robberies small time. Do burglaries/home invasions. Unlocked after you do a side quest with Hosea.
  • Robberies big time: hold up stage coaches and trains Need to do favor quests for certain camp members first.
  • Find the trapper at Emerald Ranch in Heartlands NH ASAP. THEN RECOGNIZE THIS GUY IS THE HUMAN VERSION OF A MAGPIE. AND SO IS YOUR BFF EARLY ON AND THROUGHOUT THE GAME. This trapper is both a vendor AND FENCE of the miscellaneous junk & valuables you've been hoarding. Here's a brief list of what he'll buy legally and/or on the black market:
    • AN ENTIRE STOLEN NPC CARRIAGE. That's right. This crazy SOB NPC will literally take AN ENTIRE CARRIAGE off your hot grimy paws. Then calmly store it in his very big and empty barn. Then pay you handsomely for all your trouble.
    • All those trinkets, jewelry, watches etc. that you've been lifting off the good townsfolk and frontier folk from those trains & wagons you've been robbing to date. Plus any stuff that finds its way into your pockets while strolling through town
    • Legendary and lower quality pelts to the trapper
    • any gold bars that you find
    • Health/medical tonics & ingestibles like liquor and some food
  • Raid outlaw/bandit camps at every opportunity. Look for tell tale signs of smoke rising from nearby campfires. If you've unlocked dual wielding, raiding the bandit NPCs will be a piece of cake. Their camp has TONS of really good loot
  • Tame wild horses & sell them at the stables as often as possible. Depending on breed, the better ones can fetch you northwards of $100+.
  • Steal and sell horses to stables. But note stolen horses will always fetch an extremely low price (as low as $3 dollars) 
  • Helping out townsfolk in random events or doing favor missions. This can payout in long run in terms of cash, discount on merchandise, clothing with perks etc etc.
  • Bounty hunting the obvious quick way to make $100 in change
  • Gambling in saloons and 5 fingered fillet
  • Selling your hunting/fishing goods to general goods store and other NPC vendors
  • Selling any clothing you stole/looted to fences at towns
Edited by PkUnzipper

StuntCurry707

how do i make coffee? i need an item (forgot what its called) though to brew

TheFranchise

How do you feed your horse? 

Shinola Gamer
16 minutes ago, TheFranchise said:

How do you feed your horse? 

Press interaction button, I think is the left dpad button. 

NikosUncle

I got ambushed by some pricks and died and when I came back my horse saddle was lying on the ground with no horse. Does that mean my horse died too? There was no message or anything on the screen saying my horse is dead so I must assume it is? It’s not at the stable either.

volta2001
On 10/26/2018 at 2:58 PM, Sentinel Driver said:

It seems like gun stores sell.. well guns

Anyone know where do we get melee weapons or explosives?

molotovs maybe? Anyone have gameplay videos of these weapons being in use?

can you use bows against human targets?

ive found a few cool melee weapons in unique spots around the map (at least three) . if you go exploring you can def find some. 

PkUnzipper

I got ambushed by some pricks and died and when I came back my horse saddle was lying on the ground with no horse. Does that mean my horse died too? There was no message or anything on the screen saying my horse is dead so I must assume it is? It’s not at the stable either.

@NikosUncle

Until your horse bonding exceeds level 1 (i.e more than 50 XP), then your mount is not considered a temporary horse (which becomes loyal to you at that point).

A level 1 bonded horse (like your starter horse) will obey your commands and will remain nearby when you dismount).  So unless you hitched it to a post, it reverted to being a wild/un-owned horse. And then most likely wandered off and/or got deleted by the game in the process

Edited by PkUnzipper

NikosUncle
9 minutes ago, PkUnzipper said:

@NikosUncle

Until your horse bonding exceeds level 1 (i.e more than 50 XP), then your mount is not considered a temporary horse (which becomes loyal to you at that point).

A level 1 bonded horse (like your starter horse) will obey your commands and will remain nearby when you dismount).  So unless you hitched it to a post, it reverted to being a wild/un-owned horse. And then most likely wandered off and/or got deleted by the game in the process

It was the horse I’ve had since you first get to name it early in the game. I’m all the way up to chater4 and it was my main horse and only horse.