3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Dudu RDRII

SPOILER:HEAVY SPOILERS - The Ending

Spider-Vice

YOU ARE VISITING A THREAD WITH VERY HEAVY SPOILERS.

SCROLL DOWN ONLY IF YOU ARE SURE YOU WANT TO READ DETAILS ABOUT THE ENDING OF RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Message added by Spider-Vice

Maddened_Ghost

I went to Arthur's grave two or three times and there's always a wolf on the grave (I'm assuming it's gonna be a deer if Arthur was honorable before his death)

the wolf runs away as soon as you get close to the grave and you can't kill this wolf, I aimed at it with a sniper and held the trigger but my game just wouldn't shoot, I'm gonna go again mutiple times to see if it's actually like that or I'm just seeing things lol

Edited by Maddened_Ghost

nola

When playing as John, will I have any cash to buy guns and stuff? I’ve already done all the treasure hunts with Arthur and he only has one gold bar on his person. 

Outlaw from the West
8 minutes ago, nola said:

When playing as John, will I have any cash to buy guns and stuff? I’ve already done all the treasure hunts with Arthur and he only has one gold bar on his person. 

Sorta, you’ll have to complete both epilogues to gain a huge chunk of cash since Arthur’s money doesn’t transfer over

Edited by winter.ak

GroveStGTAV
1 hour ago, winter.ak said:

Sorta, you’ll have to complete both epilogues to gain a huge chunk of cash since Arthur’s money doesn’t transfer over

What about gangs money? It will transfer over?

Outlaw from the West
30 minutes ago, GroveStGTAV said:

What about gangs money? It will transfer over?

Not sure, but after the last mission in the second epilogue you get a hefty amount of money, it might be the gang money.

GroveStGTAV
1 minute ago, winter.ak said:

Not sure, but after the last mission in the second epilogue you get a hefty amount of money, it might be the gang money.

I had 34 $ in the gang box and i earned 200 or 250 $ after that mission

MarlboroMan1995

Just got to the epilogue. I heard that an old version of Arthur appears later into it and he died of TB? True?

Fyntic

This game made me so sad... F**k you rockstars for making me feel bad. The game should have ended when Arthur died, or rather, he should't have died at all. Most depressing and unsatisfying ending of a game EVER. Made an account only to get this off my chest.. Makes me wish I had't played it at all. 

LeakyLine

I f*cking cried. God. F*cking. Dammit. I hate Rockstar. Make me love a character and then kill him. I got the honorable ending.

WBHNBTo.png

Rest in Peace Arthur Morgan. You were a good man.

JOSEPH X
8 hours ago, TheOriginalGunslinger said:

She did mention that. Thanks for pointing that out. She mentions the “line getting finished” I remember too but it was already built by then.

The first voice in the RDR 1 debut trailer is Drew McFarlane's. He'd been living in that area for 30 years, but I suppose you can't really meet someone before you meet someone, if you know what I mean. They could be in New Austin but are inaccessible.

To bring the McFarlane's back they would have to add an enhanced RDR 1 as a DLC, which would be interesting, because you'd get to free roam the RDR 2 map as Jack.

Personal

Jesus, after reading people's takes on the story on reddit, playing for myself etc, this might just be the most sad and depressing story from R*. Way more than RDR1 by the end and GTA4.

I'd be lying if I said it's also not one of the best stories in a game of all time tho.

HeySlickThatsMe

Waiting for PC Version and modding support to make switching characters between John and Arthur, unlock whole map and have all camps at once

DEADWOODZ
12 minutes ago, HeySlickThatsMe said:

Waiting for PC Version and modding support to make switching characters between John and Arthur, unlock whole map and have all camps at once

Not to mention there will probably be violence overhaul mods!

nola
12 hours ago, winter.ak said:

Enough to live comfortably so to speak? I really don’t want to do gold bar glitches just to get by. Don’t really have any more of them collect anyway. 

Outlaw from the West
1 minute ago, nola said:

Enough to live comfortably so to speak? I really don’t want to do gold bar glitches just to get by. Don’t really have any more of them collect anyway. 

Pretty much, unless you find a way to blow it all

TheOriginalGunslinger
5 hours ago, JOSEPH X said:

The first voice in the RDR 1 debut trailer is Drew McFarlane's. He'd been living in that area for 30 years, but I suppose you can't really meet someone before you meet someone, if you know what I mean. They could be in New Austin but are inaccessible.

To bring the McFarlane's back they would have to add an enhanced RDR 1 as a DLC, which would be interesting, because you'd get to free roam the RDR 2 map as Jack.

I’m confused. What does that have to do with what me and winter were talking about? We were talking about the railroad there.

Edit: Oh! Now I see what you were pointing out!

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger

nola
1 hour ago, winter.ak said:

Pretty much, unless you find a way to blow it all

Nice! I’ll probably just stock up on guns, some clothes and maybe a horse. Oh, and pay bounties of course. 

Edited by nola

DEADWOODZ

Have any of you returned to past camp sites when playing as John? I couldn’t quite believe what I was hearing...I don’t wanna spoil it for you but this game keeps on giving!

LeakyLine
1 hour ago, DEADWOODZ said:

Have any of you returned to past camp sites when playing as John? I couldn’t quite believe what I was hearing...I don’t wanna spoil it for you but this game keeps on giving!

Can you mark their exact locations? Not something I might fully remember.

Gangsta Braze
2 hours ago, DEADWOODZ said:

This is a spoiler thread so spill the beans brother!!! lol

Dangerous and sad
4 hours ago, DEADWOODZ said:

Holy sh*t no, what did you hear? Ghosts or something?

Oldsport
2 hours ago, Gangsta Braze said:

This is a spoiler thread so spill the beans brother!!! lol

can you message me it plsssss

Dangerous and sad
37 minutes ago, Oldsport said:

can you message me it plsssss

Yo PM me also. PM the PM to be lol. Then i'll PM THE PM the PM to someone else.

éX-Driver

Honestly wasn’t impressed with Arthur’s death. It was a little too... predictable. It really should’ve been John that killed him. After John disappears during the train robbery, have him taken in by the Pinkertons who give him the mission to wipe out his old gang in exchange for anonymity. After Arthur barely escapes Micah, then have John reveal himself to Arthur. Revealing the above plot point. Arthur, on the verge of death from TB anyway, gladly gives his life so John can be free. Thus setting in motion the leadup to Redemption 1. Having the player switch to John during the cutscene so YOU are the one that pulls the trigger and ends Art when the game hands back control. Would’ve been a good twist, at least.

TheLordMarvel

Just got to the epilogue part 2, first time coming to this section of the forum!

Haven't checked the wardrobe yet, but does John get all Arthur's outfits? I had a black duster coat on but it doesn't seem like I can buy it again. The rifleman gloves also need to be rebought it seems. 

DEADWOODZ
3 hours ago, Dangerous and sad said:

Holy sh*t no, what did you hear? Ghosts or something?

If you go back to Horseshoe Overlook you hear voices of Arthur talking to John...past memories I guess, I also went to the second campsite (Clemens Point) and heard Dutch, Hosea & Arthur sing that song when on the fishing trip mission. All of these are kinda creepy but a nice little memory I guess!

Dangerous and sad
8 minutes ago, DEADWOODZ said:

If you go back to Horseshoe Overlook you hear voices of Arthur talking to John...past memories I guess, I also went to the second campsite (Clemens Point) and heard Dutch, Hosea & Arthur sing that song when on the fishing trip mission. All of these are kinda creepy but a nice little memory I guess!

As if I wasn't in enough tears already... :(

Raavi

They really did a good job of making you feel like Arthur is deadly ill. From the coughing to the blackouts to side and story mission characters referencing to Arthur's altered state to not being able to consume much food. Though I wish there was an option to continue as Arthur. I have zero interest in playing as John. Found him more annoying than anything.

Red Hardbro

Just want to know if you can customize John Marston at the end when you take control of him can we put anything on him like we could wth Arthur?

Mithrandir94

My Questions :  

1) What's the fate of Karen ?

2) What's the fate of Trelawny ? Is he the Strange Man (The Dialogue with Herbet Moon can be another hint) ? 

10 minutes ago, Red Hardbro said:

Just want to know if you can customize John Marston at the end when you take control of him can we put anything on him like we could wth Arthur?

Yes, you can customize him (also with Arthur's clothes)