3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sr.Viktor

RDR 2 Mysterys *SPOILER*

Sr.Viktor

This topic is for investigate the mysterys founded through the roaming. 

AUScowboy

YESSS! I love a good mystery. Hopefully this one actually has a built in, satisfying conclusion unlike V's "mystery"..

Edited by AUScowboy

Typhus

It might be related to old American folklore of the Boo Hag, a Witch who skinned people and wore them. I doubt we'll get anything supernatural of course, but a coven of occultists out in the wilderness conducting strange rituals? Very believable.

AUScowboy

Isn't there a location called Roanoke Ridge or something like that? Hopefully it's not just a tease for a planned SP DLC that never comes to fruition so they just scrap it and use the assets for future RDR2O content like they did with V/GTAO...

This will piss off the purists/those seeking historical accuracy, but I would LOOOOVE a more in depth UFO Easter egg. Maybe a UFO crash where you use the hunting/tracking mechanic to track down the dying occupants of the UFO into a cave or dense Forrest. Green Lantern Arthur Morgan, reporting for duty lol.

Mastah
2 hours ago, AUScowboy said:

This will piss off the purists/those seeking historical accuracy, but I would LOOOOVE a more in depth UFO Easter egg. Maybe a UFO crash where you use the hunting/tracking mechanic to track down the dying occupants of the UFO into a cave or dense Forrest. Green Lantern Arthur Morgan, reporting for duty lol.

Spoiler

Well, well, well:

Sr.Viktor
6 hours ago, Typhus said:

It might be related to old American folklore of the Boo Hag, a Witch who skinned people and wore them. I doubt we'll get anything supernatural of course, but a coven of occultists out in the wilderness conducting strange rituals? Very believable.

RDR flirted with the supernatural before. Remember "Do I know"?

Edited by Sr.Viktor

saintsrow
7 hours ago, Typhus said:

The Houser Witch Project.  

AUScowboy
5 hours ago, Mastah said:
  Hide contents

Well, well, well:

Saints preserve us, I can see this causing some consternation... personally? It's literally what I JUST asked for! Fastest pay off to a wish for a newly released game ever.

GTAMilik

Where are these rituals found?

HelloMyNameIsHuman
On 10/25/2018 at 9:06 AM, AUScowboy said:

YESSS! I love a good mystery. Hopefully this one actually has a built in, satisfying conclusion unlike V's "mystery"..

You didn't get V's message? The truth was in the metaverse.

xy-maps

I found near Valentine under the traintracks a disfigured corpse with a piece of a map, next to the body is written "Look at my Work" similar to the infinity killer from GTA V.  Do you think this has something to do with it or is a treasure hunt a side mission?

Piro
On 10/25/2018 at 3:06 PM, AUScowboy said:

Yeah I hope they learned their lesson. Looks like RDR2 Is full of easter eggs and mysteries (https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadmysteries/
and I think they might be connected to gtaV as well.

Typhus

In the woods near the swamps, I was riding through and heard a woman chanting something along the lines of "Even the Gods die". Has anyone else heard this? Is it connected to the cult?

Larloscastra

I found a Pegan ritual site near Strawberry

I found a Pagan ritual site somewhere in the woods between the end of the map and Lake Owanjila. That’s NW of Strawberry. I got a really cool mask out of it too.

RAND0M GRAFFITI

There's an out house in some bushes just south of the Braithwaite houses/shacks where the freak daughter resides.

nargris

In relation to the freak daughter. She begins repeating several lines of numbers after you discover her.

The numbers are as follows:

1,1,1 (not sure if she is stammering with this one)

They could just be the ravings of a literal mad woman, but just in case anyone sees any patterns or use for them, then there you go.

silly_nate

Post contains spoilers from chapter 2 

Spoiler

I killed Jimmy Brooks from chapter 2. Now I’m in chapter 3 and I found a voodoo-ish looking house in Bayou Nwa. There’s a poem/rhyme written on a desk or table or something (I can’t remember) about an outlaw crook who killed Jimmy Brooks. Directly outside the house I found an alligator nest with eggs in it and a lady of the night flower on a tree.

Has anyone found a witch yet?

Sr.Viktor
4 hours ago, silly_nate said:

Post contains spoilers from chapter 2 

Hide contents

I killed Jimmy Brooks from chapter 2. Now I’m in chapter 3 and I found a voodoo-ish looking house in Bayou Nwa. There’s a poem/rhyme written on a desk or table or something (I can’t remember) about an outlaw crook who killed Jimmy Brooks. Directly outside the house I found an alligator nest with eggs in it and a lady of the night flower on a tree.

Has anyone found a witch yet?

If you not kill him the letter changes, apparently.

Mike R.L.

Anyone come across the naked Wolf man yet? there is a guy that will appear in the wilderness (I think it's random, but happening for me near north of Annsburg.) he'll be butt naked and run off into the forest, usually if you chase him down a wolf will slow you down and he makes his escape.

Anyone caught him yet?

AUScowboy

Met a Mad Preacher in New Austin near Gaptooth Ridge.

Aliens, a Saint Denis vampire, cult murder/ritual killings mystery. The EE content in this game is on par if not better than V. Would be even better if there is an overarching mystery/EE tapestry, that unlike V, actually has a satisfying conclusion. But hey, even the alien EE alone is better than V's IMO..

Mike R.L.

Everyone in Pleasance died on September 17th 1883 (everyone that has a tombstone that is) and the town was only founded in August 1883 😂

ShiningLight

Chelonia, yeh Chelonia.

VercettiGuy

Don't know if it's a mystery and it's probably already known but there's a house that got hit by a meteorite near that creepy building with the electric chair in it.

By the way I love the mystery-side of the game. It's amazing. The dark atmosphere is awesome.

wagszilla

Did anyone find the coded Indian letter in the burnt out schoolhouse? 

I didn't do the first sentence right, I don't think but here's what I scribbled down:

Was I come with winter breath

His tree stand guard whispering

All night that we sleep in our grave

Father fought and died so quickly

Mother dies slow

HelloMyNameIsHuman
On 11/2/2018 at 2:31 PM, Mike R.L. said:

Everyone in Pleasance died on September 17th 1883 (everyone that has a tombstone that is) and the town was only founded in August 1883 😂

Might possibly be related to yellow fever.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29420513

https://www.nytimes.com/1883/08/31/archives/the-yellow-fever-season.html

edit: These are just mentioning the right times, I didn't acquire the papers. If you search yellow fever 1883, you'll find a lot of stuff, new orleans and on.

Edited by JuliusCaesar

Mike R.L.
58 minutes ago, JuliusCaesar said:

Might possibly be related to yellow fever.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29420513

https://www.nytimes.com/1883/08/31/archives/the-yellow-fever-season.html

edit: These are just mentioning the right times, I didn't acquire the papers. If you search yellow fever 1883, you'll find a lot of stuff, new orleans and on.

you're probably on the mark there as it is the place with the barn with plague written on it so that's pretty cool. not yellow fever though. that's not cool. some of the graves say people were stabbed/shot etc. something went down there. There's probably some in-game document/ newspaper article on it that I've missed 

AUScowboy

It's not really a mystery but more of a collectible, but the Piggsy mask is an extremely awesome throwback. It makes me yearn for a Manhunt built with current R* tech. Oh my it would gruesome..

Are the murder scenes with the map pieces related to the O'driscols or is that a separate EE?

Penicuikscotland2010

Anyone heard the rather loud moaning sounds in tall tree's? Heard it twice outside Aurora Basin. Sounds like HAARP it literally echoes from far away. 

Chrissixstring

In Mayall Edge, in the bayou, there's a house with voodoo like stuff inside, to the left of the chair if you go into first person, there is a little table, and on it there is a map of armadillo with some markings on it and on the map it says "I offered you happiness but instead you chose two generations". I haven't been to armadillo yet in my story though. The map doesn't have any notification to look at it you have to be in first person.

BMK

At Emerald Ranch there’s a mysterious girl that appears in the window at certain times. You can often hear people talk about the girl and on the ranch there’s an abandoned saloon, with blood and a locked door.