Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GrandTheftAuto.net - Website Re-Launch

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Diamond Casino Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

      1. Events
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA 6

    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
WildBrick142

Next DLC Speculation Thread Mk VII

Spider-Vice

Please leave complaining to the Bitch & Moan Thread, and vehicle discussions in their respective threads. Participants and/or originators of arguments, bashing or bickering due to differing opinions or obvious bait WILL BE PENALIZED AT THE STAFF'S DISCRETION.

 

Posts about YouTubers are also not allowed and belong here. Bashing or flaming Youtubers will incur penalties.

Message added by Spider-Vice

CASINO UPDATE INBOUND  

559 members have voted

  1. 1. When will it release?

  2. 2. What will you do first?

    • Play in the Casino.
    • Wish you could play in the Casino (if it's region locked).
    • Check out the cars.
    • A little bit of everything.
    • Whine in the B&M thread.
    • Check out the other content, clothes, weapons, etc
  3. 3. How hyped are you?

    • Mega hyped!
    • Pretty excited.
    • Don't care either way tbh.
    • Meh figures it wouldn't be a theme I wanted.
    • I'd rather stub my toe on a desk than get excited for a GTA update.


Recommended Posts

Fun 2

Someone on twitter pointed this out to me.

On 5/14/2019 at 5:22 AM, Fun 2 said:

There's something weird about the file that monitor the current event, the same file that add "2x$ and RP Special Races" playlist to your loading screen.

It has an extra bonus where it offer PlusPromotion to PS4 users, the promotion ends on June 26th. It's just kind of weird and I'm not sure if there's a current Plus Promotion.

It could possibly be related to the DLC release date, June 27th as DLC release date ?

Remember that Plus event where R* decided to change the date from June 27th to December 31st ?

The prop changes to the casino will stop by June 27th.

What a coincidence.

Edited by Fun 2
  • Like 28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
REXX
37 minutes ago, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

Or make them load up the unfinished Mile High Club model in the few Contact Missions, Races or whatever that feature it and load the finished version in Freemode.

 

And yeah, I know there's a Gang Attack there, but honestly who's going to miss it?

The only things that would be affected are Gang Attacks. They don't have to touch Contact Missions, Races or other Job Types mainly because map changes do not affect them. Added props/buildings in Freemode don't carry over to these jobs and load environments differently. For example, the Casino props, IAA satellite array facility entrance, missile silo, bunkers, facility entrances, etc do not appear.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fire_and_blood

With the subtle teasing done, when can we expect a trailer ? Next week ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scottiedog123

Probably the fkin 27th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EVOLUT7ON
1 minute ago, Scottiedog123 said:

Probably the fkin 27th

just 3 weeks of waiting 💪

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scottiedog123

Stay strong my brothers and sisters 👊

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Son of Dutch

June 27th also falls on a Thursday so it seems highly likely 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ddarko12

20th wouldve personally been perfect but 27th isnt bad I guess. Better than July

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KingBen
4 hours ago, GreenArrow said:

Imagine if the update is owning a casino and you can't gamble, you just watch fellow NPC's gamble and you only make $1,000 per hour unless you promote the company. It will be the biggest let down. 

 

Not even a 1% chance Rockstar adds the casino but doesn’t let you gamble. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ghostsniper
18 minutes ago, KingBen said:

 

Not even a 1% chance Rockstar adds the casino but doesn’t let you gamble. 

Ya, it cant work as a property, unless they turn a couple other buildings into casinos, but I doubt that. 

 

And hell, wouldnt that be something, like either they slightly add onto the map and make a small strip of casinos or just add in las venturas or some sh*t, man that would be amazing. But no, its likely going to be a thing like arena wars or something, you will maybe be able to buy a small pary of the casino, but you dont own the whole thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lowriderlife63

#Team27th :cool:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TermedSaturn942
1 minute ago, lowriderlife63 said:

#Team27th :cool:

same here, mainly because it's the earliest it can be pretty much.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fire_and_blood
Just now, CoolBroDIV said:

I am sad but it will work like a property bro.

We are going to buy a share in the casino and there will be maintenance missions in it.

Pretty much like nightclub, to keep it running we have to do the maintenance missions.😖 

Someone posted a audio clip a while ago. Check it man

Hm so what you are saying is, us, criminal minds, bank robbers, drug dealers and others, will only buy some shares in a single casino along with (most likely) half of the server AND we're all gonna do "maintenance" missions ?

 

What kind of professional downgrade is that lol 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Baiylee

As long as we can actually play all typical casino games (poker, blackjack, slots, roulette etc.) then I’ll be 100% satisfied.

 

The only thing that’s keeping me on RDO is poker, so if they do add it with this update then I’m done with RDO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scottiedog123
33 minutes ago, ddarko12 said:

20th wouldve personally been perfect but 27th isnt bad I guess. Better than July

Yeah it will have to do.. 

At least I get a quick dip before I go away to Goodwood..

Gonna try my best amateur photography, something I wanna learn a bit about.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
allgoodinthehood

youtubers are feasting right now... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piro
Spoiler

 

6 hours ago, Equatecurl said:

Yeah Claude being a father isn’t canon. Celebrities and certain brands will reappear but never main characters. The love fist guy that was in V wasn’t seen in Vice City.
 

No one is making sh*t up, this is what rockstar said. Wu Zi won’t return. 
 

Leave it to the people in the online section that never dare to click on discussions about story to try to tell people whats what. 

lEaVe iT tO pEoPlE oN a pUbLiC fOrUm to decide whats what cause they clearly know more then R*... even tho they based this imaginary set or rules on a single interior from years ago...

- Claude being father isn't canon (even tho R* decided to give us this option)? Sure, why not. We can even argue that gtaonline as a whole isn't cannon (with all those unrealistic meme vehicles) but then you just arguing against yourself here "cause it isn't cannon" so everything can happen online 
- Remember kids, when you become a celebrity (or create a brand) you harness the ability to transcend realities! But it doesn't work for main characters tho! Until R* decided it does... Just because they haven't done that yet doesn't mean it CAN'T ever happen. R* creates those rules. Not you, not random kids on a forum, not even that one guy from an old interview. R* can clearly cherry-pick what they want if it suets them
- Implying Wu Zi was a main character?

How to explain this so you will understand... even if we assume those are two different universes/realities they still are very, very similar parallel timelines. As you said if yourself same cities, same brands, same celebrities, same people, same events. So nothing stops them from saying that Wu Zi existed in both timelines (just like love fist or lazlow). 

If Lazlow exists in 3D universe and HD universe (and they both lived very similar life, same memories and experiences) then we can easily assume that HD version of Wu Zi also exists in this world
 

6 hours ago, Equatecurl said:

They are celebrities and never physically appeared in the 3D universe.  

Again, so what? Stop creating imaginary "rules". Just because it haven't happened before doesn't mean its a rule set in stone and it can't happen... the "physical appearance" rule is just f*cking stupid at this point. It's just your little headcannon, not a rule made by R*.

 

5 hours ago, fire_and_blood said:

Maybe his son trying to implement his father’s company in Los Santos?

Since we’re on different timelines, he could have had a son in the process, but that would be only to make some fans happy like they did with Tony and the nightclubs ? 

His son should be deaf since our protagonist is a mute who can't say a single word lol 

Or maybe he should be mute as well? so they can communicate with sign language? They can save some money on voice actors.
 

5 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

The game can load map files on the fly iirc, so they could just use that and trigger them via tunables without the need of a patch. Not even talking about new objects, just using all of the existing ones in the game without being limited to what the Creator gives them (and us).

They could use that to create new random encounters, new ramps, shortcuts, easter eggs and stuff like that. Shame they never did that before.
 

2 hours ago, Agent 14 said:

I think Madrazo Is gonna be the contact 

That will be his casino. 

Lester will help us rob him 

Like when CJ robbed Caligulas. We'll might have an angry Madrazo threatening us. And we will raid his ranch to kill him.

And 5min later after he dies he calls us for RC racing and contact missions? I like the idea but they should do that with a brand new character.  Start working for him, notice he's an asshole, rob his casino and buy it back from him with is own money 
 

2 hours ago, Classique said:

Wu Zi ran into multiple walls, so I question his ability to raise a son :lol:

Banging into walls, banging girls, close enough. Good old "oh sorry I garbed your boobs, I'm blind" pickup line 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
allgoodinthehood

R.I.P every chance of a SP DLC...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piro
Just now, allgoodinthehood said:

R.I.P every chance of a SP DLC...

You're a little bit too late for that funeral.This game is like 6 years old by now...

Lets just hope RDR2 won't end like this as well.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
allgoodinthehood
1 minute ago, Piro said:

You're a little bit too late for that funeral.This game is like 6 years old by now...

Lets just hope RDR2 won't end like this as well.

gotta please those investors...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Baiylee

Tunables updated.

 

Before anyone asks it’s just the Premium Race.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
burger_mike
23 minutes ago, Piro said:
  Hide contents

 

lEaVe iT tO pEoPlE oN a pUbLiC fOrUm to decide whats what cause they clearly know more then R*... even tho they based this imaginary set or rules on a single interior from years ago...

- Claude being father isn't canon (even tho R* decided to give us this option)? Sure, why not. We can even argue that gtaonline as a whole isn't cannon (with all those unrealistic meme vehicles) but then you just arguing against yourself here "cause it isn't cannon" so everything can happen online 
- Remember kids, when you become a celebrity (or create a brand) you harness the ability to transcend realities! But it doesn't work for main characters tho! Until R* decided it does... Just because they haven't done that yet doesn't mean it CAN'T ever happen. R* creates those rules. Not you, not random kids on a forum, not even that one guy from an old interview. R* can clearly cherry-pick what they want if it suets them
- Implying Wu Zi was a main character?

How to explain this so you will understand... even if we assume those are two different universes/realities they still are very, very similar parallel timelines. As you said if yourself same cities, same brands, same celebrities, same people, same events. So nothing stops them from saying that Wu Zi existed in both timelines (just like love fist or lazlow). 

If Lazlow exists in 3D universe and HD universe (and they both lived very similar life, same memories and experiences) then we can easily assume that HD version of Wu Zi also exists in this world
 

Again, so what? Stop creating imaginary "rules". Just because it haven't happened before doesn't mean its a rule set in stone and it can't happen... the "physical appearance" rule is just f*cking stupid at this point. It's just your little headcannon, not a rule made by R*.

 

 

Ok boss, I assume John Marston and Niko are also the canon fathers of our online characters then? Rockstar gives us that option so why isn’t it canon?

 

Rockstar literally explained this themselves, I’m not making sh*t up and I don’t understand why you think I am, you can go digging through the piles of GTAV previews from 2012, I’m not. 

 

Wu Zi yes was a main character and he wasn’t an iconic celebrity or brand like lazlow, he was a triad boss and casino owner. 

 

This is as stupid as the tommy vercetti talk from GTAV trailer 1. 

 

Nothing has happened and you have zero proof on your side so I don’t understand why you getting so defensive. Rockstar literally explained it in the way that you think is so stupid with supporting evidence   IN GAME

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
el carlitos
30 minutes ago, allgoodinthehood said:

R.I.P every chance of a SP DLC...

Chance of SP DLC died few years ago.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bobfakkel

Im not expecting this dlc to drop this month. Idk why people think it will, clearly "later this summer" has a massive "advantage" over June.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CoolBroDIV
1 hour ago, fire_and_blood said:

Hm so what you are saying is, us, criminal minds, bank robbers, drug dealers and others, will only buy some shares in a single casino along with (most likely) half of the server AND we're all gonna do "maintenance" missions ?

 

What kind of professional downgrade is that lol 

Seems like that is going to be the case.

 

For ex: from gunrunning the updates are following almost the same path.

A property to buy--resupply--repeat.

 

This has been what we are getting from a long time now if we talk about money making and is being covered by introducing vehicles that community love.

 

Now think about it, they are having a whole other game with its online mode that need to be their current focus.

 

So of course they are not gonna go over the limit and give us gambling, poker and all that kind of stuff in a 6 year old game.

 

According to the recordings it will obviously be a buy--resupply--repeat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
happygrowls

attract gamblers to your casino instantly - $75k

 

do a free roam public lobby only mission to get gamblers for half a bar with a half hour cooldown

 

I can see this happening lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery
2 minutes ago, Bobfakkel said:

Im not expecting this dlc to drop this month. Idk why people think it will, clearly "later this summer" has a massive "advantage" over June.

Between the casino prop changes finishing by the 27th, the plus event that ended on the 27th before R* changed it and RDO having an update that R* have announced as coming "this summer" it seems likely that the GTAO DLC will come either on the 27th of this month or very shortly after.

 

If for no other reason than to give the update some breathing space before the RDO update which will come in July or more likely August, unless delayed.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piro
28 minutes ago, Equatecurl said:

Ok boss , I assume John Marston and Niko are also the canon fathers of our online characters then? Rockstar gives us that option so why isn’t it canon?
Rockstar literally explained this themselves, I’m not making sh*t up and I don’t understand why you think I am, you can go digging through the piles of GTAV previews from 2012, I’m not. 

Wu Zi yes was a main character and he wasn’t an iconic celebrity or brand like lazlow, he was a triad boss and casino owner. 

This is as stupid as the tommy vercetti talk from GTAV trailer 1. 

 

Nothing has happened and you have zero proof on your side so I don’t understand why you getting so defensive. Rockstar literally explained it in the way that you think is so stupid with supporting evidence   IN GAME

That canon talk makes no sense since I already agreed with you that everything from gtao can be considered as non-canon...

No, one guy at R* said one thing and you guys are creating some extra imaginary "physical appearance rules" that never existed. Point me to one example when they specifically said the same thing you saying right now... You can't cause they never said that. All they ever said is that its a different universe (also I think they siad that once and never mentioned it again but whatever). I've never heard anything about "physical appearance" rule.

Also I don't think you even understand what main character means... I think you meant to say secondary/side character? 

So what gives celebrities the power to transcend realities huh? Fame? is that it? So if you're a triad boss and you own a casino you're not famous enough to exist in both timelines? But if you written a book you suddenly exist in every possible reality? Are you even hearing yourself? We have many examples of characters existing in both worlds. Physical appearance has nothing to do with anything. Nothing stops R* from saying that Wu Zi to exists in both. Have you ever watched Fringe? Avengers End Game? Sliders? Any show about parallel worlds? We are talking about two very similar, parallel timelines where almost everything is exactly the same in both worlds. Like... 99,9% of things are exactly the same.

Why is it so hard to you to understand that R* can do whatever they want, they can even contradict themselfs (not saying that they do since they never said the things you saying right now)

But lets play with your theory:
-people who physically appeared in 3d world are still on posters in HD world
-people who physically DIDN'T appear in 3d world still appeared physically in HD world

So clearly it can go both ways man. R* doesn't care about your extra set of rules that you made up yourself. Thats it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bobfakkel
6 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Between the casino prop changes finishing by the 27th, the plus event that ended on the 27th before R* changed it and RDO having an update that R* have announced as coming "this summer" it seems likely that the GTAO DLC will come either on the 27th of this month or very shortly after.

 

If for no other reason than to give the update some breathing space before the RDO update which will come in July or more likely August, unless delayed.

"Later this summer" could be anything after June. Read the poll, really read it and see why June aint an option for me ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cpwfosal

Would be good if the casino is in the same sort of line as after hours where we could set up our own little casino with the big one as a way of learning the ropes first , it would be like the night club now but alot more interactive with all the games we could add inside

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.