2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
WildBrick142

Next DLC Speculation Thread Mk VII

Spider-Vice

Please leave complaining to the Bitch & Moan Thread, and vehicle discussions in their respective threads. Participants and/or originators of arguments, bashing or bickering due to differing opinions or obvious bait WILL BE PENALIZED AT THE STAFF'S DISCRETION.

Posts about YouTubers are also not allowed and belong here. Bashing or flaming Youtubers will incur penalties.

Message added by Spider-Vice

N𝓮𝔁𝓽 oopdate??¿?  

718 members have voted

1. 1. When will the next update release?

• March 21st
    • March 28th
    • Sometime in April
    • I still believe in Tuesday releases
    • No update until the Summer
  2. 2. What will the theme be?

• Arena Wars Pt 2
    • A Stunt Racing update
    • A "buy a new property to unlock new missions" update
    • Naval Update
    • Another Random Theme
  3. 3. What will be the general reaction be?

• Wow this is amazing.
    • This is stupid and it sucks.
    • I waited all this time for this?
    • Well, at least they included some good vehicles again.

UncleNiHao
29 minutes ago, JustAnothaBrickinDaWal said:

The lf-22 starling is a fun counter to the lazer and the hydra, and it isnt easy to shoot it down due to its size and the obvious fact that it can go from one speed to another in less than a fraction second, not to mention out can out turn both the lazer and hydra, with the added weapons, variable high speeds and agility it can be a good contender in air to air combat. But it isnt for novice pilots for obvious reasons and isnt very effective for ground targets unless your good at dive bombing

It is absolutely worth it to learn how to effectively dive bomb with it, tagging someone dead-on with a single bomb drop is one of the most satisfying things in the game.

Rafae S
27 minutes ago, Marciliojunior01 said:

I feel like the DLC has to be analized as the whole package, once it was all downloaded at once. Thats how i see them at least.

then technically the update isn't even out until the last of the drip feed.

MsBrandi
2 hours ago, DaGhostQc said:

Sometimes I'm sad when people want more of a specific DLC just because the dripfeed was "good". They don't need a specific theme for normal cars, they could literally add them with a My Little Pony DLC.

And what are the purpose of the new cars then? As a dustmite in the garage i guess, lots of new cars but there are little or few of the gameplay that accompany the cars, i have all the cars but i don't have lots of modes to use the cars beside stuntrace and freeroam drive, they should've bring a new race every week instead of adversary modes in every DLC,

week 1 : grand tour like trans am race with deviant ellie vamos phoenix etc the muscle class point to point paleto to ls, sandy shores to del perro etc

MHTA1451.jpg

Week 2 : Mille miglia road race with new prop and spectators swinger stirling GT casco etc sports classic

Mille-Miglia-Durchfahrt-in-Siena-Zeit-f%

Week 3 : SUV cross country offroad / road race freecrawler contender toros etc

thumbnail_1406221734.jpg

Week 4 Drag Race

maxresdefault.jpg

And so on, so the cars would have their own purpose instead of just road racing or stunt race or becoming a dustmite, and they can slip in some NFS hot pursuit type of adv mode 5 racers vs 5 cops with emp jammer smoke screen/flares, it would be BETTER than Arena Wars

Edited by MsBrandi
Adding pics

—TheSquid—

It’s strange how we disappoint ourselves before even seeing what Rockstar delivers, and yet we still wind up disappointed after release too. Not that it isn’t justified, but it sure is funny to step back and think about it. 

Marciliojunior01
22 minutes ago, Rafae S said:

then technically the update isn't even out until the last of the drip feed.

It is out partially, the update is the entire downloadble content, how much they decide to release across the time is up to them. If the dripfeed is on the same download, is part of the update and should be taken into account. 

Happy Hunter
3 hours ago, SickBoy said:

Just because you consider half of the meme vehicles "Mad Max" vehicles, the fact is this is really the only proper DLC those who've desired a proper post-apocalyptic themed update with appropriate vehicles and clothing. You've had yours with Smugglers Run, Heists, Doomsday Heists, After Hours with the B-11 and even SSASSS with the Sea Sparrow. Instead of finding a way to whine about this one update in every post why not just let people enjoy what they like?

I'm keen for a part II to Arena Wars solely for the prospects of more Muscle. While some of the new additions could be doing with some handling tweaks (Vamos) the quality put to them gives me hope for the next batch. The only two I'm holding out hope for currently are a decent Hemi-Cuda and the Gang Slamvan, with hope for full custom hot rod version like the Lowrider. Still on the May 2nd bench for when we actually get it though.

How have I not let people enjoy it? I'm just saying my mind - that I don't want part 2.

Besides, there's been Mad Max/DIY vehicles for years.They started with Import/Export, so long ago I don't even remember when that was. Ever since then there's been a pretty steady supply of them, in Gunrunning etc.

Arena Wars has been and gone - and its been painfully endured. I won't ask for another. Rockstar likes goofy vehicles and children anyway, so I wouldn't worry about there not being more, or my posts causing anything.

Ukranium911
2 hours ago, Marciliojunior01 said:

It is out partially, the update is the entire downloadble content, how much they decide to release across the time is up to them. If the dripfeed is on the same download, is part of the update and should be taken into account. 

So let me sees if I understand.  People are unhappy about dripfeed for update that doesn’t exist.  If we were getting dripfeed this week, that would be a good thing, no, because update would be out?  I do not understand some people...

Edited by Ukranium911

kenmy13999
2 hours ago, Marciliojunior01 said:

We're not even supposed to know about the dripfeed before they release it, so we either don't count it or wait til all dripfeed is done 

SickBoy
2 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

How have I not let people enjoy it? I'm just saying my mind - that I don't want part 2.

Besides, there's been Mad Max/DIY vehicles for years.They started with Import/Export, so long ago I don't even remember when that was. Ever since then there's been a pretty steady supply of them, in Gunrunning etc.

Arena Wars has been and gone - and its been painfully endured. I won't ask for another. Rockstar likes goofy vehicles and children anyway, so I wouldn't worry about there not being more, or my posts causing anything.

Out of sheer curiosity, what do you consider to be "Mad Max" vehicles? Because in reality, pretty much all of the ones I can think of can be easily traced to whatever the real inspiration for what it's based from. I've already talked about the Wastelander and Armoured Boxville, and while I concede the Boxville does have a post-apocalyptic style to it, that's really the only one before Arena Wars. Again, just because a weaponised vehicle has a rusty livery, doesn't make it post-apocalyptic, the vast majority of them are clearly pre-existing or concept military tech. 

Hell, even some of the Arena Wars vehicles can be traced to proper sources other than just a typical "post-apocalyptic" setting. The most obvious probably being the Dominator, clearly based off the Mustang from Death Race, same with the upgraded version of the Impaler. The Scarab is a US military prototype light tank, the Slamvan is clearly a tribute to Roadkill's "Stubby Bob", the Brutus is ripped straight from Tango & Cash and (at a stretch, admittedly) even the Imperator. While it's name is a reference to Fury Road, it's based off the original trilogy Pursuit Special, it's first appearance being a modified police vehicle.

Edited by SickBoy

Happy Hunter
4 minutes ago, SickBoy said:

Out of sheer curiosity, what do you consider to be "Mad Max" vehicles? Because in reality, pretty much all of the ones I can think of can be easily traced to whatever the real inspiration for it is. I've already talked about the Wastelander and Armoured Boxville, and while I concede the Boxville does have a post-apocalyptic style to it, that's really the only one before Arena Wars. Again, just because a weaponised vehicle has a rusty livery, doesn't make it post-apocalyptic, the vast majority of them are clearly pre-existing or concept military tech.

DIY-looking cars. Cars with ramps or spikes, etc. stuck on them. Or big bits of metal/goofy armour. Weaponized Tampa (though that was one of the better ones). That kind of thing.

They are preferable to the floating bikes to be fair. At least they don't break vehicle classes typically. But they tend to suck a bit, usually have non-existent armour - and besides, they just look a bit samey, kind of ugly to me as well. I don't know. I'm just not big on them.

Mad Max might not be the most accurate label to be fair. I haven't seen much of that. But it gives a better picture than DIY does.

I think part of the reason I resent them was because they started coming around with the first wave of goofy vehicles. That was when things started going downhill. Or at least, things were set in motion.

SickBoy
1 minute ago, Happy Hunter said:

DIY-looking cars. Cars with ramps or spikes, etc. stuck on them. Or big bits of metal/goofy armour. Weaponized Tampa (though that was one of the better ones). That kind of thing.

They are preferable to the floating bikes to be fair. At least they don't break vehicle classes typically. But they tend to suck a bit, usually have non-existent armour - and besides, they just look a bit samey, kind of ugly to me as well. I don't know. I'm just not big on them.

Mad Max might not be the most accurate label to be fair. I haven't seen much of that. But it gives a better picture than DIY does.

I think part of the reason I resent them was because they started coming around with the first wave of goofy vehicles. That was when things started going downhill. Or at least, things were set in motion.

Well that's fair then, I'm much the same with the likes of what you're interested in. Willful ignorance on both sides, I suppose. I just find labelling things you happen to dislike as all "Mad Max" is a little lazy and ignorant. I'm a fan of the true post-apocalyptic stuff we got with Arena Wars, so finally having a DLC that caters to those tastes instead of the typical military tech we get with every other update was quite refreshing and welcoming. They might not seem different to you, but there is a big difference between vehicles that are purposefully designed to (and based off of) things that'd look the part in a Mad Max movie, and a typical military truck with a rusty livery and an MG on the back.

Piro

* Kinda weird post where I agree and disagree with both sides of this conversation cause every post is just... soooooo wrong *

6 hours ago, Talisman_83 said:

Truth be told, not one aircraft from most* of the DLCs you mentioned entertained me.

Bought and sold the Starling and Pyro. Same with the B-11.

*The Lazer and Hydra are exceptions.

M5IA.gif

Sooo aircrafts only entertain you if you can nose dive and kill people with explosive rounds cause its super easy? Thats why best aircrafts in the game are still not good enough for you somehow? Sure thing buddy, it makes sense. 
I think I spotted a griefer...

7 hours ago, SickBoy said:

Just because you consider half of the meme vehicles "Mad Max" vehicles, the fact is this is really the only proper DLC those who've desired a proper post-apocalyptic themed update with appropriate vehicles and clothing. You've had yours with Smugglers Run, Heists, Doomsday Heists, After Hours with the B-11 and even SSASSS with the Sea Sparrow. Instead of finding a way to whine about this one update in every post why not just let people enjoy what they like?

I'm keen for a part II to Arena Wars solely for the prospects of more Muscle. While some of the new additions could be doing with some handling tweaks (Vamos) the quality put to them gives me hope for the next batch. The only two I'm holding out hope for currently are a decent Hemi-Cuda and the Gang Slamvan, with hope for full custom hot rod version like the Lowrider. Still on the May 2nd bench for when we actually get it though.

Maah... according to my definition not a single Mad Max/DIY vehicle is a "Meme vehicle"

Meme vehicles = something that doesn't exist irl + something thats intentionally OP with super accurate missiles that you can't dodge (like flying deluxos and oppressors for example)

And I think most of this forum agrees with this definition

3 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

Mad max vehicles been on my wishlist for a very long time BUT I also don't want AR part 2 to be the next main theme (cause thats just stupid).
Tho I wouldn't mind more AR modes and vehicles as dripfeed content cause they look great. I just wish they had real armor so I  could use them in freeroam...

But lets be honest here - you can't even tell whats a Mad Max vehicle since you never seen a single movie... Just go watch Fury Road. It's a good movie and I'm sure you will like it m8. And maybe after that you will enjoy those references a little bit more.

Import/Export - Fast and furious cars / Knight rider / Mythbusters Wedge / Boat car from TopGear. Some of them are DIY and rusty, thats true but still not even close to MadMax theme
Gunrunning - we complained that they just glued rusty props and camo textures to existing vehicles. And that was just ugly and lazy. Still not Mad Max. Boxville and Tempa are closer to the A-Team.

AR is the first DLC with actual references to Mad Max (not counting duke'o'death)

7 hours ago, Mach1bud said:

Lobby I was in last week. I never host actually.

/shrug

Spoiler

N7oZtMu.jpg

Well your picture kinda proves our point, mostly lvls 8-80 - People who just started playing gtao and are testing AR for the very first time... everyone else gave up a loooong time ago (bc of unbalanced bikes, ridiculous grind and not enough content).
If you wait long enough ofc you will find 16 people who don't know any better... With that logic I could "prove" that parachute jumping or old adv. modes are still very popular and relevant ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT:
Mad Max had some vehicles that I bet Happy Hunter would love to see in the game:

Spoiler

966669_md-Airtruk,%20Apocolyptic,%20Fall

Edited by Piro

MrARCO

It's tuesday my dudes....

Spoiler

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor it's wednesday my dudes

Snoop_John
Just now, MrARCO said:

Hide contents

So what?

Talisman_83
1 minute ago, Piro said:

* Kinda weird post where I agree and disagree with both sides of this conversation cause every post is just... soooooo wrong *

M5IA.gif

Sooo aircrafts only entertain you if you can nose dive and kill people with explosive rounds cause its super easy? Thats why best aircrafts in the game are still not good enough for you somehow? Sure thing buddy, it makes sense. 

I think I spotted a griefer...

Where did I say I only like an aircraft if I can nose dive and kill people with explosive rounds cause its super easy?

Your argument makes no sense.

Could it be that I love the look of modern fighter jets, in all their variations?

Have I not consistently argued for these jets to lose their explosive rounds? Did that slip your mind?

The fact that the Pyro can outturn the Lazer does not make me want to keep it in my inventory when it looks awful.

Funny how most people go from 0-100 in their minds whenever they see someone applaud the Lazer.

OMG GRIEFER ALERT!!!1!

Son of Dutch
5 minutes ago, MrARCO said:

Hide contents

Ok?

painwolfgamer
8 hours ago, Su-Su-Sussudio said:

If there's a part II I expect a rampage in your Hunter. 

if there is part 2 i might log in only if there is a cool car i want else i won't login for another 5 months.

lot of people are gonna get upset if it's part 2.

Piro
33 minutes ago, Talisman_83 said:

Where did I say I only like an aircraft if I can nose dive and kill people with explosive rounds cause its super easy?

Your argument makes no sense.

Could it be that I love the look of modern fighter jets, in all their variations?

Have I not consistently argued for these jets to lose their explosive rounds? Did that slip your mind?

The fact that the Pyro can outturn the Lazer does not make me want to keep it in my inventory when it looks awful.

Funny how most people go from 0-100 in their minds whenever they see someone applaud the Lazer.

OMG GRIEFER ALERT!!!1!

Well you sold new jets that are modern, faster and have way better handling just so you can applaud 5y old griefer jets. So obviously people will think you are doing that for its power and not for the looks... If you just like the look of it - OK, sure. You just have to rememer to say that :v
Personally I avoid those old jets cause at this point I'm sick of looking at the same old model that I had to use for all those years when we had nothing else. And I think Pyro looks great! At least it has its own unique look.

I prefer old classy aircrafts like Nokata but I'm fine with more modern jets as well (as long as they don't have OP explosive rounds and they don't look exactly the same as Hydra/Lazer).  You have any suggestions? 

I would go with something completely different then Lazers "modern look".  Something more unique like F117A, B-2 Spirit, B-3, Blackbird. Or even fictional jets from Ace Combat or QuinJets from MCU.

37 minutes ago, Snoop_John said:

So what?

32 minutes ago, Son of Dutch said:

Ok?

This forum can't meme

Edited by Piro

Talisman_83
2 hours ago, Piro said:

Well you sold new jets that are modern, faster and have way better handling just so you can applaud 5y old griefer jets. So obviously people will think you are doing that for its power and not for the looks... If you just like the look of it - OK, sure. You just have to rememer to say that :v
Personally I avoid those old jets cause at this point I'm sick of looking at the same old model that I had to use for all those years when we had nothing else. And I think Pyro looks great! At least it has its own unique look.

I prefer old classy aircrafts like Nokata but I'm fine with more modern jets as well (as long as they don't have OP explosive rounds and they don't look exactly the same as Hydra/Lazer).  You have any suggestions? 

I would go with something completely different then Lazers "modern look".  Something more unique like F117A, B-2 Spirit, B-3, Blackbird. Or even fictional jets from Ace Combat or QuinJets from MCU.

If a newer model in GTA has better handling and / or is faster than the Lazer and Hydra, then great. 

If it looks horrible, then the above is rendered null and void.

I was so excited when I discovered we were getting Smuggler's Run, only to be vastly disappointed when I saw what we were getting.

I appreciate that others may want different types of aircraft and that's fine. I'm not an enemy of variation! Rather, I'm a lover of aviation ;)

I don't mind that line of stealth bombers, though personally I'm a sucker for the Lazer "style";

F-22, F-35, F15, F14-A Tomcat, Typhoon, SU-37, SU-57.. the list goes on.

Add any one of these into GTA with the following and I'd be happy:

• Buzzard cannons
  • Flares
  • Standard tracking missiles (though up them so there's no pause between releasing 2)
  • LIVERIES!!

Anyway, I'm aware I'm probably treading the line into wishlist territory so I'll say this:

If we get a Naval DLC, I think we'll see one of these. It would be a great revamp.

Edited by Talisman_83

Voodoo-Hendrix
15 minutes ago, Talisman_83 said:

F-22, F-35, F15, F14-A Tomcat, Typhoon, SU-37, SU-57.. the list goes on.

tenor.gif

Su-Su-Sussudio

You can be my wingman anytime 

Edited by Su-Su-Sussudio

MrARCO
47 minutes ago, Piro said:

This forum can't meme

I'm glad you dont leave a brother hanging ✌️

Su-Su-Sussudio
1 minute ago, Su-Su-Sussudio said:

Intergalactic Tryhards I'm sure this will become a thing at some point. Off they're broomsticks and into an Alien attack fighter thing.

Piro
41 minutes ago, Talisman_83 said:

If we get a Naval DLC, I think we'll see one of these. It would be a great revamp.

Yeah It would make sense

Ron and hangars - mostly old aircrafts for smuggling 

Bogdan and Aircraft Carrier - mostly modern jets, amphibious aircrats and boats (+ amphibious cars as dripfeed)

25 minutes ago, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

tenor.gif

Damn I rly need those zipped down flight suits and proper pilot jackets and hats...

I think its time to spam R* with request for better outfits. I can't remember when was the last time they added some good lookin clothes...

Spoiler

ef7690ff7e87a9bf87b3a63ea1659d4e.png Kelly-McGillis-Charlie-Top-Gun-Leather-J 

c6748ab525021583eead9f5a5a4db99c.jpg  s-l300.jpg

I think no one ever asks them for better outfits and thats why they run out of ideas a long time ago

Su-Su-Sussudio
10 minutes ago, Piro said:

Reveal hidden contents

ef7690ff7e87a9bf87b3a63ea1659d4e.png Kelly-McGillis-Charlie-Top-Gun-Leather-J 

c6748ab525021583eead9f5a5a4db99c.jpg  s-l300.jpg

I think no one ever asks them for better outfits and thats why they run out of ideas a long time ago

Nobody asked for an Opressor MK2 and it still happened. Rockstar openly encourages griefing, and at the same time, makes you grind for very little in return too. 

RyuNova
12 minutes ago, Su-Su-Sussudio said:

Nobody asked for an Opressor MK2 and it still happened. Rockstar openly encourages griefing, and at the same time, makes you grind for very little in return too. 

I feel like I am repeating myself and I know people will get their backs up but its true. Everything R* adds is to force Shark Card sales, they dont care about what the players want. The more people cry about stuff the better they know what to add. The MkII leads to salty salty tears about griefing and destroyed Cargo so they will add more stuff like the MkII because they want people to destroy Cargo.

Rafae S

Regardless of your opinion on the vehicles from arena war, they were quite literally inspired and based on vehicles from the mad max franchise, from the original design all the way down to the individual modifications. i don't use them much but Rockstar did a fantastic job with what they were going for.

Voodoo-Hendrix
58 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

I feel like I am repeating myself and I know people will get their backs up but its true. Everything R* adds is to force Shark Card sales, they dont care about what the players want. The more people cry about stuff the better they know what to add. The MkII leads to salty salty tears about griefing and destroyed Cargo so they will add more stuff like the MkII because they want people to destroy Cargo.

The funny thing is that is because of people crying about griefers in RDO that R* is actually putting anti-griefing measures on it, like proximity based blips, the Parley system and the Offensive/Defensive system; not to mention numerous nerfs, buffs and rebalancing.

You know, exactly the opposite of what we're getting on GTAO lately.

White Shark
53 minutes ago, DJ_Veejajay said:

Im destroying cargo as we speak :)  

Test NAT = Griefer Spray.

Haven't lost a sale to a griefer for over a year now.

Back on topic, what's the speculation today guys and girls?

I'm guessing nothing much. Watched GoT last night then decided to start watching from series 1 again and didn't even touch GTA, as I'm bored now lol. I need something to look forward to or aim for in order to bother playing.

painwolfgamer
8 minutes ago, White Shark said:

Test NAT = Griefer Spray.

Haven't lost a sale to a griefer for over a year now.

Back on topic, what's the speculation today guys and girls?

I'm guessing nothing much. Watched GoT last night then decided to start watching from series 1 again and didn't even touch GTA, as I'm bored now lol. I need something to look forward to or aim for in order to bother playing.

This week seems unlikely for the dlc so maybe announcement next week and dlc hopefully also next week or else early may.