2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
WildBrick142

Next DLC Speculation Thread Mk VII

Spider-Vice

Please leave complaining to the Bitch & Moan Thread, and vehicle discussions in their respective threads. Participants and/or originators of arguments, bashing or bickering due to differing opinions or obvious bait WILL BE PENALIZED AT THE STAFF'S DISCRETION.

Posts about YouTubers are also not allowed and belong here. Bashing or flaming Youtubers will incur penalties.

Message added by Spider-Vice

N𝓮𝔁𝓽 oopdate??¿?  

718 members have voted

1. 1. When will the next update release?

• March 21st
    • March 28th
    • Sometime in April
    • I still believe in Tuesday releases
    • No update until the Summer
  2. 2. What will the theme be?

• Arena Wars Pt 2
    • A Stunt Racing update
    • A "buy a new property to unlock new missions" update
    • Naval Update
    • Another Random Theme
  3. 3. What will be the general reaction be?

• Wow this is amazing.
    • This is stupid and it sucks.
    • I waited all this time for this?
    • Well, at least they included some good vehicles again.

Rafae S
Just now, Fun 2 said:

We will get a update, it's already confirmed by the new variables within the classic premium races, those variables don't exist in the creator scripts.

No update this week for sure but not sure about next week, we will have to wait until Friday because R* do update qabeta before release by a few days.

we'll be bled dry from the anticipation by the time this update finally arrives 😪

Son of Dutch

I don’t know what to even think anymore about next dlc

Rafae S
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Son of Dutch said:

I don’t know what to even think anymore about next dlc

nothing tbh, nothing. this is after hours all over again 😪

Edited by Rafae S

Son of Dutch
3 minutes ago, Rafae S said:

nothing tbh, nothing. this is after hours all over again 😪

At least with that update.. we knew the info and the theme... but this time around... nope. It’s all BLACK

Rafae S
5 minutes ago, Son of Dutch said:

At least with that update.. we knew the info and the theme... but this time around... nope. It’s all BLACK

well we have a rough idea to be fair. but it's def not a good one. 😔

Talisman_83
3 minutes ago, Rafae S said:

4 / 5 months for Arena War Premium Races? Just doesn't seem right.

Rafae S
1 minute ago, Talisman_83 said:

4 / 5 months for Arena War Premium Races? Just doesn't seem right.

exactly, hence "rough". 

they're definitely cooking up something big behind the scenes, these new premium races will merely be a side feature.

CaptainMarvel
6 minutes ago, Rafae S said:

Fair...with rides...Mark 2 Carnival Rides confirmed. 

Son of Dutch
15 minutes ago, Rafae S said:

I just hope Arena premium races are part of the dripfeed and not the main theme itself 🤭

Fun 2

Can't wait to make millions *cough* 2k *cough* from Arena War Part 2

BiscuitandGravy15
1 minute ago, Fun 2 said:

Is it going to be the main thing or the side part like drip feed.

Maddened_Ghost
13 minutes ago, Rafae S said:

exactly, hence "rough". 

they're definitely cooking up something big behind the scenes, these new premium races will merely be a side feature.

you just said "After Hours" and you're talking about them cooking up something big? we waited how long for that update? 7 months it was? what did we get? we got After Hours, compare Gunrunning to After Hours, first one we waited 6 months for it and the second one we waited 7 months for it yet the first one was fairly big and had more content.

I doubt we'll get something "big" alongside the Arena Wars stuff that were cut from the first one, I hope they prove me wrong.

Volganor
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rafae S said:

these new premium races will merely be a side feature.

I also believe in this.

Remember when Fun initially found those first traces of Business Battles before After Hours came out and some of us believed the next update could be some sort of Battle Royale (and despair started to ensue)?

Well, it turned out to be one of the best side activities of that DLC and one that some of us actually loved as it was a great way of encouraging freemode PvEvP and how cargo should have been handled in the first place. Plus, it carried some of the spirit of the old Special Crate drops. 

I'm of the mind we could be in a similar situation. Besides, I wouldn't worry too much for now, until this update actually drops. It's just not worth it. 

Edited by Volganor
Cut out part of the quote, as I'm not necessarily sure if the next update will be a big one.

Rafae S
4 minutes ago, Maddened_Ghost said:

you just said "After Hours" and you're talking about them cooking up something big? we waited how long for that update? 7 months it was? what did we get? we got After Hours, compare Gunrunning to After Hours, first one we waited 6 months for it and the second one we waited 7 months for it yet the first one was fairly big and had more content.

I doubt we'll get something "big" alongside the Arena Wars stuff that were cut from the first one, I hope they prove me wrong.

1. we got ssasss in between doomsday and after hours.

2. after hours had massive amounts of work done for the djs and music part of the update, mocap etc. etc. so it makes sense why it took longer than usual even if the gameplay and everything else from the update took a hit in order for the nightclubs part to be solid.

Maddened_Ghost
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Rafae S said:

1. we got ssasss in between doomsday and after hours.

2. after hours had massive amounts of work done for the djs and music part of the update, mocap etc. etc. so it makes sense why it took longer than usual even if the gameplay and everything else from the update took a hit in order for the nightclubs part to be solid.

We got the Special Vehicles Races update between Import/Export and Gunrunning was well, which was a minor update, nothing significant was added and it was in March, it was also cut content from Import/Export, Fun mentioned the Creator having variants of the Special Vehicles shortly after Import/Export got released.

I doubt that After Hours required more work we only got a couple of cutscenes with those missions (and while we are at it, those aren't really original missions, the two interesting ones were copied straight out of SP and even then they were pretty basic), Doomsday Heist had more cutscenes and voice lines recorded yet it took just as much (6 months between Gunrunning and Doomsday Heist with Smugglers Run in between all that), and yes, we all know it's from the cut SP DLC but every mission had to be altered to be played in a heist style and I doubt any of those characters besides Lester was originally going to be in SP's stuff (or if those were recorded for SP DLC)

Doomsday even had more vehicles and clothing options as well as bigger and larger interiors, the Submarine interior, the Noose server room the IAA training Facility, the Avenger and it's interior, the Facilities that we own ourselves, the Act3's massive interior, what did we get with After Hours? the nightclubs with their one interior (3 variants yes but it's one interior with different decoration), their garage interiors (one interior used for all garages and the terrorbyte interior.

Edited by Maddened_Ghost

MeisterJazz
26 minutes ago, Fun 2 said:

I'm deadass gonna quit this game if this is true. LMFAO I'm so done with this company 😂😂

Rafae S
2 minutes ago, Maddened_Ghost said:

We got the Special Vehicles Races update between Import/Export and Gunrunning was well, which was a minor update, nothing significant was added and it was in March, it was also cut content from Import/Export, Fun mentioned the Creator having variants of the Special Vehicles shortly after Import/Export got released.

I doubt that After Hours required more work (we only got a couple of cutscenes with those missions (and while we are at it, those aren't really original missions, the two interesting ones were copied straight out of SP and even then they were pretty basic), Doomsday Heist had more cutscenes and voice lines recorded yet it took just as much (6 months between Gunrunning and Doomsday Heist with Smugglers Run in between all that), and yes, we all know it's from the cut SP DLC but every mission had to be altered to be played in a heist style and I doubt any of those characters besides Lester was originally going to be in SP's stuff (or if those were recorded for SP DLC)

Doomsday even had more vehicles and clothing options as well as bigger and larger interiors, the Submarine interior, the Noose server room the IAA training Facility, the Avenger and it's interior, the Facilities that we own ourselves, the Act3's massive interior, what did we get with After Hours? the nightclubs with their one interior (3 variants yes but it's one interior with different decoration), their garage interiors (one interior used for all garages and the terrorbyte interior.

after hours had WAY more work done behind the scenes than gunrunning did. they had to ask each of the four djs to individually and manually play their sets while dressed in mocap suits, not to mention they had to play them again just for the radio version. the cutscenes for the missions probably didn't take as much effort but what i mentioned above definitely did and that's what made after hours unlike any other update since none of them took as much effort even though the part we actually get to see and play was quite lackluster. after hours was the largest update size too at 4.95GB. Doomsday and the original heists were both 2.7 and 2.4GB respectively.

Also, do you really think they took only six months to make something as complex and emergent as Doomsday? That update was being developed as SP DLC way back in 2014/2015, being repurposed for online sometime between then and December 2017. Gunrunning was definitely being developed after I/E though I'm convinced. That's why they announced it so far in advance too (three months) in a way that implied they were in the process of completing it.

MrARCO

inb4 the update is actually this 25th and amazing

Rafae S
3 minutes ago, MrARCO said:

inb4 the update is actually this 25th and amazing

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Maddened_Ghost
6 minutes ago, Rafae S said:

after hours had WAY more work done behind the scenes than gunrunning did. they had to ask each of the four djs to individually and manually play their sets while dressed in mocap suits, not to mention they had to play them again just for the radio version. the cutscenes for the missions probably didn't take as much effort but what i mentioned above definitely did and that's what made after hours unlike any other update since none of them took as much effort even though the part we actually get to see and play was quite lackluster. after hours was the largest update size too at 4.95GB. Doomsday and the original heists were both 2.7 and 2.4GB respectively.

Also, do you really think they took only six months to make something as complex and emergent as Doomsday? That update was being developed as SP DLC way back in 2014/2015, being repurposed for online sometime between then and December 2017. Gunrunning was definitely being developed after I/E though I'm convinced. That's why they announced it so far in advance too (three months) in a way that implied they were in the process of completing it.

you think that took more work than asking and paying multiple actors to come along and record mocap performance for the cutscenes of the doomsday heist? and the voice lines? I doubt that, and even if it was, I doubt that it's by big difference.

After Hours was the largest in terms of the size because of the music sets, it was two separated archives if I remember and one of them was specified for the music sets.

Also if I remember correctly, the Heist update was 4.8GB, that 100mb difference isn't really that much.

As for Doomsday, the updated was mainly about cut content but there's no way that everything in that update was originally created for the SP DLC, the vehicles and the clothes, the mission layout was probably rebuilt to fit 2-4 player styles, the cutscenes were entirely recorded.

Gunrunning was shortly followed by Smugglers Run, two of the biggest updates we ever got in this game, more likely have been developed at the same time, you think they made more efforts into After Hours than they did to these two updates?  I don't think so.

Rafae S
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Maddened_Ghost said:

you think that took more work than asking and paying multiple actors to come along and record mocap performance for the cutscenes of the doomsday heist? and the voice lines? I doubt that, and even if it was, I doubt that it's by big difference.

After Hours was the largest in terms of the size because of the music sets, it was two separated archives if I remember and one of them was specified for the music sets.

Also if I remember correctly, the Heist update was 4.8GB, that 100mb difference isn't really that much.

As for Doomsday, the updated was mainly about cut content but there's no way that everything in that update was originally created for the SP DLC, the vehicles and the clothes, the mission layout was probably rebuilt to fit 2-4 player styles, the cutscenes were entirely recorded.

Gunrunning was shortly followed by Smugglers Run, two of the biggest updates we ever got in this game, more likely have been developed at the same time, you think they made more efforts into After Hours than they did to these two updates?  I don't think so.

Where did i say the work for After Hours was more than Doomsday? When I put them in the same sentence I was simply referring to the actual update sizes, not the work involved. Doomsday was the biggest Online update period but After Hours took more time because they've never had real DJ's or anyone really incorporate their real life selves into GTAO or GTA V.

After Hours took much more effort than something like Gunrunning was what I was getting at.

Smuggler's Run was the weakest effort update this game has gotten in recent memory. The purchasable content and the drip feed is what made it so large, content wise.

Like I said, obviously a large part of Doomsday obviously had to be rearranged to fit the Online universe but they didn't start doing that right after GR or SR like you're implying. If the foundation of the update was laid out and being worked on all the way back in 2014, who's to say they weren't slowly working on it from time to time between then and when Doomsday finally came out?

Same thing happened with Executives, a large part of it was single player DLC content (mostly the purchaseable content like stilt houses and yachts etc.) so they slowly changed it to fit Online's structure. I remember reading fun2's posts about it and how files relating to the update were found to be started working on all the way back in April 2014, until Executives finally came out in December 2015.

Edited by Rafae S

MkDon

I'm really not into the Arena thing, but Part 2 of it is very reasonable for a spring update. Just turn it into a business and add more muscle cars and i'm happy.

CanadianMuscle

For the unnecessarily high prices for Arena's content, it should have been somewhat profitable. Cause it's a little annoying getting hyped for new stuff that filthy rich individuals can toy around with.

Rafae S

Contrary to popular sentiments here, prices and even new ways to make money was the last thing I was worried about regarding Arena War. I can make money hand over fist playing existing content anyway, I just wanted some fresh new gameplay and content to splurge on. I kind of got my wish but like only 30/40% of it lol

I'm not worried about anything relating to money and haven't been since I/E. I just want immersive and emergent gameplay and solid content to spend money on. Charge me all you want I'll even buy a Shark Card if it's good enough like Executives was ;)

MrARCO
Just now, Rafae S said:

Contrary to popular sentiments here, prices and even new ways to make money was the last thing I was worried about regarding Arena War. I can make money hand over fist playing existing content anyway, I just wanted some fresh new gameplay and content to splurge on. I kind of got my wish but like only 30/40% of it lol

I'm not worried about anything relating to money and haven't been since I/E. I just want immersive and emergent gameplay and solid content to spend money on. Charge me all you want I'll even buy a Shark Card if it's good enough like Executives was ;)

Well, good thing that the best DLC for making money is still I/E and Gunrunning ( God bless those bunker fill-ups. I made almost 40M with my bunker alone )

Luganoff

"The Declasse Vamos is now available on southernsanandreassuperautos.com."

MrARCO
11 minutes ago, Luganoff said:

The Truffade Go-Kart is now available on Legendarymotorsport.com

CarimboHanky
13 minutes ago, Luganoff said:

😂 i bought the damn thing in a attempt to have that notification stop but no it still there, same with "you can call the RC Bandito from the menu" 

MARINA

Why all the flack for Arena War? I personally loved hat DLC, great cars, some of which became the best in their classes, others are high ranking competitive, fun modes and tones of new garage spots among other additions. Where is the issue?

Rafae S
5 minutes ago, MARINA said:

Why all the flack for Arena War? I personally loved hat DLC, great cars, some of which became the best in their classes, others are high ranking competitive, fun modes and tones of new garage spots among other additions. Where is the issue?

it's nine adversary modes made into an update. maybe one or two which are actually worth playing and even then, for like one or two weeks max.

the drip feed saved it.