2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
WildBrick142

Next DLC Speculation Thread Mk VII

Spider-Vice

Please leave complaining to the Bitch & Moan Thread, and vehicle discussions in their respective threads. Participants and/or originators of arguments, bashing or bickering due to differing opinions or obvious bait WILL BE PENALIZED AT THE STAFF'S DISCRETION.

Posts about YouTubers are also not allowed and belong here. Bashing or flaming Youtubers will incur penalties.

Message added by Spider-Vice

N𝓮𝔁𝓽 oopdate??¿?  

718 members have voted

1. 1. When will the next update release?

• March 21st
    • March 28th
    • Sometime in April
    • I still believe in Tuesday releases
    • No update until the Summer
  2. 2. What will the theme be?

• Arena Wars Pt 2
    • A Stunt Racing update
    • A "buy a new property to unlock new missions" update
    • Naval Update
    • Another Random Theme
  3. 3. What will be the general reaction be?

• Wow this is amazing.
    • This is stupid and it sucks.
    • I waited all this time for this?
    • Well, at least they included some good vehicles again.

Marciliojunior01
5 minutes ago, hei3enberg said:

I've jumped some sessions today just to get the lay of the land: evaluate the level of carnage, overall ranks, obvious cheaters since I'm on PC and my main conclusion after 11 sessions was that I have teleported to 2013.  Ranks 30-90s riding the train, some loners trying to sell their bunkers or flying deluxos and omnipresent Mk 2s of course. But overall, a flood of low levels! I was the highest ranked player most of the time and I'm not in Legit 1K club, most people playing public on PC are in double digits. Just food for thought, nothing directly related with future DLCs. But if low ranks are really so represented, chanced are this game may stagnate a lot and they won't even notice with all the content already available.

About 50% of the new players are second accounts from my experience (ps4) 

size_m
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Marciliojunior01 said:

How many people in the session ? 

i'm not a 100% sure but i remeber to have only 2 more people in session with me.

some other people mentioned it has to be 3 other people at least.

but i would say it has to be 3 all together, so only 2 more in additon to you.

(but they should not be in the same organisation or motorcycle club.)

Edited by size_m

MARINA

Arena premium races will most likely drop with the next DLC, just my guess

Marciliojunior01
3 minutes ago, size_m said:

i'm not a 100% sure but i remeber to have only 2 more people in session with me.

some other people mentioned it has to be 3 other people at least.

but i would say it has to be 3 all together, so only 2 more in additon to you.

(but they should not be in the same organisation or motorcycle club.)

That is the reason. Business battles requires a minimum of 3 people outside buildings to be triggered, but freemode events in general need at least 6. 

4 minutes ago, MARINA said:

Arena premium races will most likely drop with the next DLC, just my guess

Next week is my guess, gonna be only dripfeed. 

MARINA
5 minutes ago, Marciliojunior01 said:

That is the reason. Business battles requires a minimum of 3 people outside buildings to be triggered, but freemode events in general need at least 6. 

Next week is my guess, gonna be only dripfeed. 

I think it might be next week as well. Fingers crossed! Game is very stale atm

Swissawhole
43 minutes ago, D9fred95 said:

Technically GTAO should be about making money considering how much stuff they keep dumping into it that you need a load of cash to buy. Shame R* decided giving griefers more toys take higher priority though.

Except you are forgetting the history of the game and which came first.  I could buy a gun and shoot others from day one.  We got businesses first about 2 years later with Finance and Futher Felony.  Funny how people seem to forget this.

33 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

If it's just Arena Wars part 2 ... f*ck, that'll be horrible. All that time, just for that. Better at least have major patch notes, and some nice stuff waiting like an RC helicopter.

You (Rockstar) can do whatever they want. They made plenty of vehicles useless by releasing the bike. Easily 90% of the Pegasus vehicles people paid for. No reason they can't make one wildly unpopular vehicle useless.

Not that they will, but people have the right to say they should.

I'm more in favour of removing it entirely anyway lol. Cut down on some of the really childish crap.

I keep seeing this “wildly unpoplular.”  Care to back that up?  From what I see, it is one of the most popular vehicles in the game (based on usage).  I think you confuse the loud minority here as somehow representative of the GTA popu,action.  

Volganor
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Swissawhole said:

Except you are forgetting the history of the game and which came first.

He isn't forgetting anything.

From day one people have been grinding the best activities to buy their favourite items as soon as possible, killing each other in freemode in a wild free-for-all, a mixture of both or something else entirely unrelated. I've seen you point fingers at many for "forgetting things" yet, it's funny how you seem to forget that the entire series - not only GTAO - has always been about crime, rising up the ladder and creating chaos and not just or only about massacring your fellow man. The same gun you pointed out could and was also used as a tool to live others' simulated life of crime and kill opposing NPCs during said missions as a means to carry out their objectives, not just other players.

Some may be interested in making money, others may be interested in creating chaos, that person over there might want to take screenshots and nothing else, and that other one may be looking only to keep a car collection and show it off. The fact that this game, and, once again, all the others that came before it, are sandboxes means that people are free to choose to create their experience and mold it to their preferences. You putting their opinions down and reducing your view of the game as the only valid one is your own choice, but it's not the most accurate one and surely won't make you many friends out here.

Maybe you should take it easy, new blood.

Edited by Volganor

Up2NoGood45
49 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

If it's just Arena Wars part 2 ... f*ck, that'll be horrible. All that time, just for that. Better at least have major patch notes, and some nice stuff waiting like an RC helicopter.

You (Rockstar) can do whatever they want. They made plenty of vehicles useless by releasing the bike. Easily 90% of the Pegasus vehicles people paid for. No reason they can't make one wildly unpopular vehicle useless.

Not that they will, but people have the right to say they should.

I'm more in favour of removing it entirely anyway lol. Cut down on some of the really childish crap.

I have one, love it for grinding but wouldn’t care if they deleted it to make free roam decent again.

Luganoff

Making a part 2 for such an unsuccessuful DLC would be a great mistake.

Swissawhole
33 minutes ago, Volganor said:

He isn't forgetting anything.

From day one people have been grinding the best activities to buy their favourite items as soon as possible, killing each other in freemode in a wild free-for-all, a mixture of both or something else entirely unrelated. I've seen you point fingers at many for "forgetting things" yet, it's funny how you seem to forget that the entire series - not only GTAO - has always been about crime, rising up the ladder and creating chaos and not just or only about massacring your fellow man. The same gun you pointed out could and was also used as a tool to live others' simulated life of crime and kill opposing NPCs during said missions as a means to carry out their objectives, not just other players.

Some may be interested in making money, others may be interested in creating chaos, that person over there might want to take screenshots and nothing else, and that other one may be looking only to keep a car collection and show it off. The fact that this game, and, once again, all the others that came before it, are sandboxes means that people are free to choose to create their experience and mold it to their preferences. You putting their opinions down and reduce your view of the game as the only valid one is your own choice, but it's not the most accurate one and surely won't make you many friends out here.

Maybe you should take it easy, new blood.

You raise some good points.  I don’ find it helpful at all to lump GTAO with the GTA franchise.  The former was meant to be their version of multiplayer with a completely different concept of game play.  It is a sand box game where multiple activities are available to the player, certainly one of which is a free roam free for all (this is by design based on fact weapons can be used against each other, that we are encouraged to go after each other, etc).   Even for those interested in making money, RS does not somehow separate this activity (most activities must be done in free mode public lobbies, messages are given to encourage attacking others who are “working,” etc).  I do understand some don’t like this, but one can’t deny this is a major component of the central core of game play.

Thanks for welcoming me to the board, I appreaciate it, and your thoughtful response.  Good conversation...

White Shark

40 minutes ago, Swissawhole said:

Except you are forgetting the history of the game and which came first.  I could buy a gun and shoot others from day one.  We got businesses first about 2 years later with Finance and Futher Felony.  Funny how people seem to forget this.

Not quite.  From day one, people grinded Contact Missions over and over again (Coveted, Rooftop Rumble, Violent Duct early favourites) to make as much money as possible to afford the Rino Tank and Buzzard and to chrome all their cars lol.

40 minutes ago, Swissawhole said:

I keep seeing this “wildly unpoplular.”  Care to back that up?  From what I see, it is one of the most popular vehicles in the game (based on usage).  I think you confuse the loud minority here as somehow representative of the GTA popu,action.  

Loud minority here?  Care to back that up yourself?  Just simply watching the most popular and credible YouTubers, along with the vast majority of their subscribers proves just how hated and despised the MKII is.  Sure, tons of people use the thing, myself included as it's both a great grinding vehicle for its speed, whilst powerful when you need pure offence.  That's what being overpowered is.  It's used out of necessity to stay competitive.  Sadly, griefers and childish morons use it to act like twats online.

I wouldn't be sad to see it nerfed.  

hei3enberg
4 hours ago, Swissawhole said:

No they shouldn’t.  You can’t sell that to people at that price behind a paywall then render it mostly useless because some people don’t like the way it is used.  This is a game designed around grieving people in free mode.  I know this is hard for some to accept, but it is true.

First of all, if you're OG as you say you are and not suffering from any kind of amnesia you should definitely remember how Rhino tank was rendered useless all of a sudden. Second, only an extremely narrow-minded individual will say that GTA was designed around killing people in free mode. It's the most successful entertainment product of all time and it's a genre-defining sandbox game with no predestined goal or dominant gameplay mechanic. Oppressor MK 2, however, adds dominant strategies and makes the way people may play the game boring and less diverse.

I have a very simple OG test: name the trick that was possible to do with the tank in 2013, but impossible to do now.

Volganor
Posted (edited)
Spoiler
24 minutes ago, Swissawhole said:

I don’ find it helpful at all to lump GTAO with the GTA franchise.  The former was meant to be their version of multiplayer with a completely different concept of game play.

I disagree here.

The way I see it, GTAO is an extension of GTA V as its (optional) multiplayer mode (remember that the possibility to start a true Solo Session is in the pause screen - with all Online jobs disabled and being unable to join or be joined by anyone) and should not be considered a separate title. As such, besides the added participation of other people, sometimes forced as you correctly described, GTAO allows you to carry out your own story with your own character as the both of you strive to accomplish whatever objective you, as the player, set out to do - just as you do with story mode. The difference is that you created your own "miniature criminal" instead of being given a previously created character by the devs.

Some people see GTAO the same way, as a possibility to immerse themselves in the game-world of V but with an avatar that they can dive into easier since said avatar is carrying out the player's will. And some, like me, disagree that GTAO should be 100%-dependant on playing with other people despite its online-only nature. The reason for this is that its the only way to play with a character made by yourself and be absolutely in control of what you do or don't do.

In short, some of us see GTAO as merely an extension of Story Mode, free from its limitations and up entirely to one's imagination.

24 minutes ago, Swissawhole said:

Even for those interested in making money, RS does not somehow separate this activity (...).  I do understand some don’t like this, but one can’t deny this is a major component of the central core of game play. 

Now this here, I do agree - but only because it's the way Rockstar decided it should be, not because it's the best.

I'm of the mind that players should decide the way they play - within the game's own boundaries, of course - and all kinds of freemode business work should be able to be started in any kind of session. Want to play with others and live the irreplaceable thrill of being under the mercy and chased by other people? Just do business in public sessions. Want to chill after a hard day with just your friends and do the same business activities? Host it from an I/O, Friend of Crew session but be prepared for heavy NPC opposition.

The way it is now is severely anti-consumer, with the possibility of someone spending real money to buy supplies and have it destroyed on the click of a button by an Orbital Cannon shot. Same could be said about being hunted by any other kind of way. I don't think it's up for debate how fair it is or not to spend upwards of five hours filling a large warehouse only to walk out of it with nothing in mere seconds while the person that did it to you has nothing to lose. It should be up to the player if they want to face that risk or not.

I've put my response inside the spoiler because it's massively off-topic but I still want to raise some points. I also discourage continuing this discussion here because then we'll run the risk of upsetting the mods.

Thanks for being a good sport, by the way.

Edited by Volganor

joel15cat

So about the premium race dates... Maybe the Arena Premium race this April 11 as dripfeed.

JustAnothaBrickinDaWal
2 hours ago, hei3enberg said:

I have a very simple OG test: name the trick that was possible to do with the tank in 2013, but impossible to do now.

Being able to drive it 

Hakuan

I play since 17 of september 2013, and don't know about that.

2 hours ago, hei3enberg said:

Up2NoGood45
49 minutes ago, JustAnothaBrickinDaWal said:

Being able to drive it 

I remember when the first Oppressor bike came out, I didn't even own a bunker yet.  Was trying to do "Criminal Damage" with my Rhino tank when I blew up all of a sudden.  I messaged the guy something like "what was that?"  His reply "you dying"  So here the first Oppressor made him into a dick right off the bat.  The Mk II I"m sure made him 100 X worse.

20 minutes ago, Hakuan said:

I play since 17 of september 2013, and don't know about that.

Seems like you could drive it into some building like maybe Bahama Mama's or something through a wall glitch and then be invulnerable and keep blasting people.  I never did it, just heard about something LIKE that.  

wisdom000
3 hours ago, hei3enberg said:

First of all, if you're OG as you say you are and not suffering from any kind of amnesia you should definitely remember how Rhino tank was rendered useless all of a sudden. Second, only an extremely narrow-minded individual will say that GTA was designed around killing people in free mode. It's the most successful entertainment product of all time and it's a genre-defining sandbox game with no predestined goal or dominant gameplay mechanic. Oppressor MK 2, however, adds dominant strategies and makes the way people may play the game boring and less diverse. 

Are you talking about sniping out the driver or lifting it with the cargobob?

lowriderlife63
11 hours ago, MoldyWorm Gaming said:

We need more DLC like lowriders that focus on the main part of the game CARS!!! And I/E part2 with classic cars restoration would be awesome. Rockstar also need to add more Benny’s cars with each DLC instead of all these s*** cars no one likes! ROCKSTAR, STOP ADDING WEAPONISED CARS!!! (Sorry just had to have that little rant 😂)

BTW I might make a video about this on my channel if you guys are cool with that, I will do a shout out to all of you!

Yes please!

Image result for fist bump gif

Voodoo-Hendrix
4 hours ago, hei3enberg said:

Storing it into your garage?

Spectre "2K"
4 hours ago, hei3enberg said:

turning the camera 180 degrees so when you entered the tank the cannon went to warp speed to catch up?

Agent 14

Imagine waiting all the way until mid june/july only to get Arena wars pt2.

Voodoo-Hendrix
26 minutes ago, Agent 14 said:

Imagine waiting all the way until mid june/july only to get Arena wars pt2.

This post was made by the Naval DLC gang

Gamer Pradosh

Added a rusted duneloader to the collection today.. The front looked really cool so owned it.. On that topic I really like that idea of barn simulator kind of DLC with classics which are rusted ones and you need to get its parts sourced to make it work..

HeavyDuke
Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, hei3enberg said:

Take on people on foot without being killed by poof bombs

Store it in your garage

Badsport people by using their destroyed tank in a few minutes if you used a cargobob

Launch trick with the cannon

Also back then it had bodystyle value 0 if it spawned from Pegasus. It had no side panels and stuff.

Godmode tank

Oh almost forgot:
Have fun

Edited by HeavyDuke

FuturePastNow
2 hours ago, Up2NoGood45 said:

I remember when the first Oppressor bike came out, I didn't even own a bunker yet.  Was trying to do "Criminal Damage" with my Rhino tank when I blew up all of a sudden.  I messaged the guy something like "what was that?"  His reply "you dying"  So here the first Oppressor made him into a dick right off the bat.  The Mk II I"m sure made him 100 X worse.

Anyone who was a dick with the Oppressor was a dick with a Hydra a week before. The Oppressor and Mk II are immensely popular vehicles, but let's not delude ourselves into thinking they changed any behavior patterns.

CanadianMuscle
Posted (edited)

I can see the reason for in-game cash paywalls being in place throughout the game to substitute for an actual price on DLC. I'd say it's mostly for the sake of compatibility. Because frequent paid updates would burn holes in our wallets and make us weary of keeping up. (Like keeping up with popular meme formats on Reddit that die out after a month or two; then it's on to the next trend...but at least that's not costing anything.)

The way DLC has typically worked for games which any given content is to be visible and usable for multiplayer, is that downloadable content technically isn't... "downloadable content" per se, but rather this content is already included in an update for the base game, but locked and/or hidden from the player until they purchase a license to grant access to said content.

Like any online multiplayer game, GTA Online has to work in a similar fashion, but in this case all players are given immediate access to it to ensure that it's visible and usable from multiple perspectives in a shared environment with others. The paywalls are there supposedly to give you the option to play the game and make use of the content to unlock more throughout, or Shark Cards are there if you wanted immediate access to all of the update's cool new toys you might want.

Edited by CanadianMuscle

Voodoo-Hendrix
1 hour ago, FuturePastNow said:

Anyone who was a dick with the Oppressor was a dick with a Hydra a week before. The Oppressor and Mk II are immensely popular vehicles, but let's not delude ourselves into thinking they changed any behavior patterns.

Dicks will be dicks no matter what, the issue is that all these overpowered vehicles made it way easier to be a dick.

At least with the Hydra you needed enough skill to not crash.

At least with the Oppresor you needed enough skill to not crash.

At least with the Deluxo you needed enough skill to know when to disengage hover mode to avoid missiles.

The only skill needed with the Oppresor Mk II is to know when to deploy chaff and that's it. A noob with an Oppressor Mk II is just as capable or causing mayhem ane nuking sales as a seasoned tryhard. Sure, you can just shoot then off the bike, but for how long until they're up in the air again? Rinse and repeat. It's even worse when you're selling and you have both NPCs and the clock against you.

So yeah, people finding out ways to be dicks is one thing, R* literally catering to said kind of players at the expense of everyone else is another.

White Shark
4 hours ago, wisdom000 said:

Are you talking about sniping out the driver or lifting it with the cargobob?

I was gonna say the sniper trick too. That or storing it in the garage or using the tank to play Buckeroo.

MkDon

Among many things that need to be nerfed on the MK2, i suggest that you can only get it from the terrorbyte, not just spawn it from the interaction menu. 

Ffs i have to drive to get my Akula, Hunter etc so why the kiddos have the option to spawn that thing next to them...