2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
WildBrick142

Next DLC Speculation Thread Mk VII

Spider-Vice

Please leave complaining to the Bitch & Moan Thread, and vehicle discussions in their respective threads. Participants and/or originators of arguments, bashing or bickering due to differing opinions or obvious bait WILL BE PENALIZED AT THE STAFF'S DISCRETION.

Posts about YouTubers are also not allowed and belong here. Bashing or flaming Youtubers will incur penalties.

Message added by Spider-Vice

N𝓮𝔁𝓽 oopdate??¿?  

718 members have voted

1. 1. When will the next update release?

• March 21st
    • March 28th
    • Sometime in April
    • I still believe in Tuesday releases
    • No update until the Summer
  2. 2. What will the theme be?

• Arena Wars Pt 2
    • A Stunt Racing update
    • A "buy a new property to unlock new missions" update
    • Naval Update
    • Another Random Theme
  3. 3. What will be the general reaction be?

• Wow this is amazing.
    • This is stupid and it sucks.
    • I waited all this time for this?
    • Well, at least they included some good vehicles again.

CrysisAverted
Posted (edited)

I heard from a reliable source that we will get the next update when we get back forums sigs

Edited by CrysisAverted

—TheSquid—

I forgot that the Carcara existed, but I definitely wouldn’t if it wasn’t permanently weaponized and six-wheeled. I also forgot about the Comet Retro Classic Custom GT-RS Benny Special Boogaloo and the JB700. But hey, if they weren’t permanently modified, I’d be super happy. Oh, and the Yosemite, the Omnis, the Savestra and everything else that’s bagged, has bolt-on fenders or a widebody kit. It’s a shame that stock versions aren’t in the game because I sure would be happy to spend EXORBITANT AMOUNTS OF MONEY ON THEM EVEN WHEN LOCKED BEHIND A STUPID PAYWALL. Just my own personal thoughts. 

REXX
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, hei3enberg said:

eyes of the young gamers

This is the problem. A game that allows you to shoot millions of cops, have your knob sucked dry, drugs and wotnot is being played by 4 year old Timmy who is still a decade away from his first pube.

They are catering the game to underage players.

Edited by REXX
... while I sit in my studio designing stuff that makes GTA - GTA. Smfh.

Su-Su-Sussudio
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, —TheSquid— said:

I forgot that the Carcara existed, but I definitely wouldn’t if it wasn’t permanently weaponized and six-wheeled. I also forgot about the Comet Retro Classic Custom GT-RS Benny Special Boogaloo and the JB700. But hey, if they weren’t permanently modified, I’d be super happy. Oh, and the Yosemite, the Omnis, the Savestra and everything else that’s bagged, has bolt-on fenders or a widebody kit. It’s a shame that stock versions aren’t in the game because I sure would be happy to spend EXORBITANT AMOUNTS OF MONEY ON THEM EVEN WHEN LOCKED BEHIND A STUPID PAYWALL. Just my own personal thoughts. 

A stock unmolested Comet, would of been amazing, yet Rockstar, still managed to screw that up. 

Edited by Su-Su-Sussudio

Voodoo-Hendrix
1 hour ago, SUICIDA4 said:

Insert it’s something meme here.

Gotchu fam.

its-something.jpg

White Shark
1 hour ago, SUICIDA4 said:

Insert it’s something meme here. 

ARTICLE 13 EU POLICE!!!  OPEN UP!!!

DizzyClearcutKookaburra-max-1mb.gif 

Su-Su-Sussudio

Given they're track record I'm not convinced 

docpain222
36 minutes ago, hei3enberg said:

How about their development plans? What's cooking now, what's the next game going to be, what's up with next GTA? It's all rumours now, nothing solid. Overall, they're extremely secret about future games until announce. This approach will most definitely hurt them in the long run, especially if they'll push next GTA for 2-3 more years. For some people they're going to be known for Online and RDR 2, after all, it's 2 games in 5 years.

While old school fans have played original dos version of GTA or even London 1969 plus Mindight Club or some even Smugglers run, there's nothing apart from two recent games to establish them in the eyes of the young gamers. That's the issue, I think.

I agree with you, but for younger gamers, there isn't anything that compares to GTA. And financially speaking, rockstar has made more and more money off each title they have released. They are definitely more secret about everything, but I think it helps them financially. If waiting a couple extra years means getting a better game with a larger open world, i'm ok with that. GTA 6 will show if this game plan is the best for them. 

Reunov

Hello everyone,I'm from the Russian community.What do you think about what will be the next addition?Our versions come down to 2.
I'm not a hipster:part 2(with mansions)
Addition to the marine theme

hei3enberg
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Reunov said:

Hello everyone,I'm from the Russian community.What do you think about what will be the next addition?Our versions come down to 2.

As some people have speculated here, there's also a possibility that we will get part II of Arena War. Hipster part II was probably the part of Doomsday and was released as a dripfeed.

Spoiler

Прочитай внимательнее предыдущее страницы, особенно сообщения от Yan2295.

Edited by hei3enberg

REXX
4 minutes ago, Reunov said:

Neither.

Reunov
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, hei3enberg said:

As some people have speculated here, there's also a possibility that we will get part II of Arena War. Hipster part II was probably the part of Doomsday and was released as a dripfeed.

Reveal hidden contents

Прочитай внимательнее предыдущее страницы, особенно сообщения от Yan2295.

I think arena wars 2 will be part of the new add-on.As it was with night clubs

Edited by Reunov

Willy A. Jeep
3 minutes ago, Reunov said:

I think arena wars 2 will be part of the new add-on.As it was with night clubs

After Hours was a summer update, though. Assuming you folks are expecting a spring update, and going off the previous spring content drops, nothing major is really feasible. Especially now in the wake of Red Dead Redemption 2 and Red Dead Online. The most likely idea to that end seems a filler update like Southern San Andreas Super Sport Series, but with an Arena War theme.

Reunov
Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, Willy A. Jeep said:

After Hours was a summer update, though. Assuming you folks are expecting a spring update, and going off the previous spring content drops, nothing major is really feasible. Especially now in the wake of Red Dead Redemption 2 and Red Dead Online. The most likely idea to that end seems a filler update like Southern San Andreas Super Sport Series, but with an Arena War theme.

To me, arena wars was a filler addition

Edited by Reunov

TR186
45 minutes ago, Su-Su-Sussudio said:

A stock unmolested Comet, would of been amazing, yet Rockstar, still managed to screw that up. 

A stock Raptor pickup would have been amazing too. 

Talisman_83
14 minutes ago, Reunov said:

Arena War was a new adversary mode, at best.

Willy A. Jeep
16 minutes ago, Reunov said:

Yeah, I think we all agree about that. Very impressive art efforts - the arena itself, the cars, all of the 2D animation - but very empty, especially compared to previous Winter updates. Of course, it was directly following on from the release of RDR2 and RDO, and so Rockstar probably both did not want to drag attention too far from the new release, and have "all hands on deck" for the post-release clean-up. For the same reasons, I doubt they're too focused on a major spring update, rather just an appeasement for GTAO-only players while RDO tries to get off the ground.

Marciliojunior01
4 minutes ago, Willy A. Jeep said:

Yeah, I think we all agree about that. Very impressive art efforts - the arena itself, the cars, all of the 2D animation. 

Have to agree, feels like rockstar hired the best design team in the entire game industry, they keep becoming better and better. But also seems like they hired the worse "decisions making" team. 

REXX
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Marciliojunior01 said:

Have to agree, feels like rockstar hired the best design team in the entire game industry, they keep becoming better and better. But also seems like they hired the worse "decisions making" team. 

If that's the same design team that did clothing textures, then I'm Clint Eastwood.

Edited by REXX

White Shark
9 minutes ago, REXX said:

If that's the same design team that did clothing textures, then I'm Clint Eastwood.

Mr Eastwood!  Can I have your autograph sir?!

Wait a minute... something's not right here...

Marciliojunior01
12 minutes ago, REXX said:

Yeah the clothes were lame, but everything else was incredibly well done. I really like the Future shock map. It give vibes that mix cyberpunk with atlantis

Imponte Deluxo
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Marciliojunior01 said:

Yeah the clothes were lame, but everything else was incredibly well done. I really like the Future shock map. It give vibes that mix cyberpunk with atlantis

Well , the full body galaxies , the aliens , pogo the monkey and the apocalypse ones are pretty good 

Edited by Imponte Deluxo

carnerd3000
2 hours ago, Yan2295 said:

I'd not have much to share even if I still could. Take-Two / Rockstar really worked hard on preventing leaks since the release of RDR2, especially word of mouth.

Not trying to suggest this is a leak, but based on what you just said, I'm guessing the next update is along the lines of SSASSS, in terms of how big the update is.

Yan2295
2 hours ago, hei3enberg said:

Do you have any idea why? Why being so secret about a 5 y.o. video game DLCs, it's not a big pharma or something like that.

It's about RDR2 and future games, not GTA O. 

1 minute ago, carnerd3000 said:

Not trying to suggest this is a leak, but based on what you just said, I'm guessing the next update is along the lines of SSASSS, in terms of how big the update is.

It's not a leak

Imponte Deluxo
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, carnerd3000 said:

they can make it all bigger they want , but if the cars jump like they have "jelly suspension" power up , i will be pretty pissed 

Edited by Imponte Deluxo

Marciliojunior01
5 minutes ago, Imponte Deluxo said:

they can make it all bigger they want , but if the cars jump like they have "jelly suspension" power up , i will be pretty pissed 

I really like the jelly suspension, makes the cars go superfast. For someone who do racing regularly (specially stunt) is something fresh and challenging :) 

carnerd3000
2 minutes ago, Yan2295 said:

It's not a leak

I know, I was just trying to see if I could decipher anything from what you said. You know how it is; R* don't wanna tell us sh*t. I didn't mean to sound like a try-hard wannabe speculator.

MisFit-138
Posted (edited)

Well, I think part of the reason R* isnt more forward with their plans is the Heist debacle. They announced it and kept pushing it back, the community narrative was "F%$^ YOU COCK*!! YOU BROKE YOUR PROMISE TO ME IM TAKING IT VERY PERSONALLY AND I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU!!!!!" or "Zeldick is completely incompetent!!" or "Blahblahblah, wahwahwah". So, probably dont want the negativity that comes with changes to the plan. On top of that, we do build hype when we get info, but when the DLC isnt everything we imagined, the narrative turns right back to trashing R* and T2I and fellating Benzies like a scorned Hillary supporter.

After Hours is a good example for me personally. I had what I felt were realistic and minimal expectations: new suits, slim dresses, glowsticks and glowing hoop jewelry, more drugs, custom club names, crew emblem usage, dance-offs, "hot-coffee", ect. So when it landed, needless to say I was hugely disappointed. I was pretty vocal about it for a day or so as were many of you. It was mostly negativity with a few "but this is cool" admissions.

Arena Wars though, no info, no expectations, no real disappointment. It was exciting for me because I always wanted Mad Max stuff. A bunch of us were wish listing MM vehicles on this very thread and we got some, how COULD I complain? Now, if I had been told "Maze Bank Arena" a month before, I'd probably be bitching about the lack of Demolition Derby, the Bloodring Banger, and a particular blue Hawaiian shirt. 

I dont know how much negative banter effects sales or reception of the DLC, but if it effects it negatively at all R* wont leave that money on the table. Some would call it greed, others would say they are maximizing profits and brand appeal. The "hype" might not be as important as we think considering it's all technically free DLC. Everyone gets it regardless, you know.

After I saw everything Arena Wars had to offer, it felt incomplete. I immediately thought of the Gigahorse from Fury Road. The cut cars were the confirmation of Arena Wars 2 for me.

Edited by MisFit-138

IceDree

My personal theory for the secrecy is Plausible Deniability. If an update is changed, delayed, cancelled or whatever, then no one is a wiser.

Can't a break up a promise you never made.

tumblr_inline_p5jn8cIuci1qb4yxs_540.gif

Xiled
Posted (edited)

The wait time means nothing for the size of the update...

We got the heists update March 10th, 2015

Edited by Xiled