4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

WildBrick142

Next DLC Speculation Thread Mk VII

N𝓮𝔁𝓽 oopdate??¿?  

594 members have voted

1. 1. When will the next update release?

• March 21st
    • March 28th
    • Sometime in April
    • I still believe in Tuesday releases
    • No update until the Summer
  2. 2. What will the theme be?

• Arena Wars Pt 2
    • A Stunt Racing update
    • A "buy a new property to unlock new missions" update
    • Naval Update
    • Another Random Theme
  3. 3. What will be the general reaction be?

• Wow this is amazing.
    • This is stupid and it sucks.
    • I waited all this time for this?
    • Well, at least they included some good vehicles again.

555-We-Tip
58 minutes ago, deadx23 said:

I'm just here for page one,

When is the next dcl? 

General thought is mid-December. 

Alan7777

So I was passively doing some Nightclub missions, wondering what the odds of mansions versus something like aircraft carriers are like, and I thought to myself "isn't this game amazingly reliable. i think of all the times something could have broken or gone weirdly wrong" and literally as im thinking this;

uQCM8c0.jpg

God. f*cking. dammit rockstar. Doesn't matter what content they add, I always find a way to get f*cked by an inanimate object

el sombre
43 minutes ago, MrGrandis said:

next dlc? probably next year?

there is no way they miss out on Christmas Shark Card sales...

1 hour ago, irish.chr said:

shadowoperative? Is that you?

R* break more than they fix in each update. So you can stop with this "they fix things every update" bullsh*t.

read the patch notes, yes things get broken, like the Akula gun, but it's def the case that more things are fixed...

1 hour ago, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

🤔

I mean, people weren't expecting a new Heists with The Doomsday Heist or a (flawed to be fair) business consolidation update with After Hours.

And now with RDR2's release (and many other games like BO4 and FO '76), it's in their best interest to actually fix the game's issues or they will face a serious exodus of players. People can only tolerate so much bullsh*t until they get fed up and leave.

you misunderstand, I am not saying we aren't going to get QOL fixes, quite the opposite, I am saying we have been getting, and will continue to get, QOL changes with every update, I am just saying the idea of 1 big "QOL Update" is ridiculous, updates will always have a theme, and they will contain qol changes/patches/fixes.

Edited by el sombre

DentureDynamite

^^ Just noting that if that were true, funmw2 would have had no need to specify a "QoL" update; but I believe he has good reasons behind what he says.

While bug fixes are frequent, there have been updates when stability and seemingly "smaller" player suggestions constitute more of the focus; e.g. things like the ability to selectively hide map/radar icons (IMO, one of the most practical tweaks made in the game).

Edited by DentureDynamite

kenmy13999

^^^ It doesn't actually mean that things get better/fixed just because the patch notes say so either. On a lot of the things they've supposedly fixed, I haven't even noticed any difference but how they broken things in f.ex the creator is clearly sign that things they brake is much more noticeable than supposedly fixes 

Edited by kenmy13999

wehweh01

Ya I figure RDR online will stay vanilla until Febuary while GTA Online will get a decent update in December. 

Natsuki
11 minutes ago, el sombre said:

read the patch notes, yes things get broken, like the Akula gun, but it's def the case that more things are fixed...

Bullsh*t.

They fix things like the shower giving you 1 RP more than it's supposed to while singing. Meanwhile they add things like being able to use the orbital cannon for free, with no cool down.

They don't fix sh*t.

DentureDynamite
1 hour ago, kenmy13999 said:

^^^ It doesn't actually mean that things get better/fixed just because the patch notes say so either. On a lot of the things they've supposedly fixed, I haven't even noticed any difference but how they broken things in f.ex the creator is clearly sign that things they brake is much more noticeable than supposedly fixes 

True; some believed-to-be fixed issues by Rockstar are proven otherwise by players in-game. :)

Patches and software limitations on top of old code (written by other previous devs who left little to no documentation) on top of new patches, and new features with errors may be mostly responsible for that.

...plus an admittedly very complex gaming world full of variables that somehow have to interact correctly with each other.

My hat's off to those who fix (or try to fix) bugs. I sometimes wonder how they even find the source(s) of half of them due to sheer code complexity.

Though I do honestly have to question the setting of priorities as to which bugs/issues get attention in this game. Many good reasons for that.

Edited by DentureDynamite

hei3enberg
1 hour ago, IceDree said:

I don't think we'll see anything in November with RDRO (b) coming online & we'd be lucky if GTAO isn't affected by the inevitable servers' crash.

That's actually a good perspective, considering that Rockstar will cheap out again. AFAIK they're using P2P for RDR2 so... Word of advice for future gamers: do not buy AAA multiplayer-centered titles with P2P multiplayer. 

StormerBoy

Are mansions still considered likely for next update? Also what else is amongst the general feeling?

Shadowfennekin
8 minutes ago, StormerBoy said:

Are mansions still considered likely for next update? Also what else is amongst the general feeling?

That is the general speculation, yep!

Mansions fit the theme of the December updates. Big cash sink and I'm sure the various customization options will make it even more expensive

Holding out hope that we can buy the Playboy Mansion

el sombre
1 hour ago, DentureDynamite said:

^^ Just noting that if that were true, funmw2 would have had no need to specify a "QoL" update; but I believe he has good reasons behind what he says.

While bug fixes are frequent, there have been updates when stability and seemingly "smaller" player suggestions constitute more of the focus; e.g. things like the ability to selectively hide map/radar icons (IMO, one of the most practical tweaks made in the game).

you guys really have to learn when Fun is speculating and when he is leaking, "...like a qol update..." is him speculating we will get more qol updates, more, cos we have been seeing them all along, now I don't want to put words in his mouth, maybe he does think there will be one big qol update, and even if there was it would still have a theme other than "this update fixes a bunch of stuff"

4 minutes ago, Shadowfennekin said:

Mansions fit the theme of the December updates. Big cash sink and I'm sure the various customization options will make it even more expensive

I def think we get mansions this Dec, but I highly doubt they will let us buy the Richman Mansion

Edited by el sombre

kenmy13999

^ Combination between baby123, no(zero) cool and maybe shadow ops or something like that ;)

REXX

It's Lit.

tumblr_nlz61ywGed1s89jqbo1_500.gif

Bye 👋🏻

Edited by REXX

Lonely-Martin
1 hour ago, StangOne50 said:

I guess i can see people wanting more garage space but those could be added with any new property type. If nothing else is added like a new mini game i dont see much point to it though. Clubs fixed the garage space issue for me. I habe 2 characters with over 500 vehicles combined. So unless they release a sh*t load of very unique and desirable vehicles im good. 

Totally with you though Stang, very diverse game where much is ideally needed elsewhere for fun or fixes (or could be further compromised by new additions too). TBH, they could add to the office or club, or just give me access to buy all day one apartments even, lol. I'll take it. (I'd prefer all vehicles on one character, but that is just me thinking of me there).

All I really expect is Halloween discounts next week and snow/t-shirt raffle/free cannon (maybe) at Christmas. We'll see, but with no leaks it's nice to think about. :)

@IceDree. And I'll have that truck behind that X6, thank you. ;)

#truckerbusiness

1 hour ago, el sombre said:

you misunderstand, I am not saying we aren't going to get QOL fixes, quite the opposite, I am saying we have been getting, and will continue to get, QOL changes with every update, I am just saying the idea of 1 big "QOL Update" is ridiculous, updates will always have a theme, and they will contain qol changes/patches/fixes.

Kinda agree, but if a DLC does come that changes/fixes/offers something big or unique, they could call it whatever they want by theme. It'll definitely get a new name or trimmed and the DLC known for more than the usual we get is more what I mean here.

Tuntchio
2 hours ago, IceDree said:

Wooo! New thread!

I don't think we'll see anything in November with RDRO (b) coming online & we'd be lucky if GTAO isn't affected by the inevitable servers' crash.

I do think that we'll get a dlc in mid December. The holiday season has proved time & time again to be the most profitable session for R* & they'd be crazy to pass on that gold mine. I don't think it'll be DDH sized dlc as all hands were on deck with RDR, but it'll still be a big one.

On a side one, to capitalize on page 1, I really hope they add an X6 M...

Hide contents

I'm down for either generation, but I'd prefer the F16 GenII.

I don't even need exterior mods, just give me a well designed exterior with a colorable Nero interior & I'm golden.

BMW-X6_M-2016-800-2a.jpg

BMW-X6_M-2010-800-33.jpg

Yes for the x6m

Lupo-Akane
55 minutes ago, Shadowfennekin said:

I just want them to open a few more houses around the map, I would love an office in Paleto Bay or Sandy Shores lol.

Mbe some trailers in the middle of nowhere to use as a hideout, mbe let use own 1 or 2 more house slots.

Edited by Lupo-Akane

el sombre
10 minutes ago, Lupo-Akane said:

I just want them to open a few more houses around the map, I would love an office in Paleto Bay or Sandy Shores lol.

Mbe some trailers in the middle of nowhere to use as a hideout, mbe let use own 1 or 2 more house slots.

you can buy a trailer in the middle of nowhere...  but branch offices up north would be cool too, with crappy office interiors

555-We-Tip

Mansion update would be great. Would also love a tuner update like so many here, but I'd need more garage space for it to be worth it.

Lonely-Martin
14 minutes ago, el sombre said:

you can buy a trailer in the middle of nowhere...  but branch offices up north would be cool too, with crappy office interiors

Yeah, crappy interiors or more options on others even to have trashy apartments too. Scrubbed garages full of car parts and oil etc. All that jazz for me.

Probably too much effort by now, but the old cars getting refreshed could be a start there too. Making them available at this late stage I can understand the 'why, it's GTA' point, but the liveries and more tune up options, even at Benny's, would be most welcome to see grow.

Though, with garage limits and my taste (greed), I'd be in trouble quick, lol.

el sombre

^yeah, garage space is the issue, I have the max slots available, and while AH helped, I could still use a few more garages.  and again, you can get crappy properties in game, but none of them come with 10 car garages, only 2 or 6

dcaldwellfilms

I've said this before but is there any reason at this point in the game--where we have 60-car CEO garages and ~31 cars in Nightclub--that we are either property-capped or simply garage space limited?  (Why can't you buy, say, as many 20-car CEO garage add-ons, for increasingly ridiculous prices, as you want?)  I want to be able to own every car in the game, and possibly, more than one of certain cars (not saying I definitely would buy every car but I think we should have the ability to do so).  Not to mention rare cars not on websites (yet at least).

At one point in time, I'm sure it was logistical but now I believe it's probably one of two things.  1. Fear of dupers, as it seems like the Nightclub, MOC PV Storage, Facility, or CEO Garages seem to be where all the dupers work their magic (this probably won't be able to ever be fixed but is also the likely reason for no more Benny's vehicles, which I'll also address), 2. Making us wait for an expensive property that will alleviate this issue, more or less, once and for all.  And from that perspective mansions could fix that (although so would allowing us to buy, like I said, more CEO garages—which is still my personal favorite since your assistant can call cars there with no cool down and if you have the mod shop, you can mod the cars, including Benny’s upgrades, on the fly then and there—or unlimited properties/10-car garages would as well, but not at the markup of a 50-car mansion garage).

I really really want more car customization as stated above, hopefully a tuner’s type-update could allow that, but I doubt it would add more Benny’s (nothing has been added to Benny’s since, I believe, the Nero Custom, Itali GTB Custom, and two motorcycles from I/E in December 2016 *AND* the Elegy Retro Custom is the duper’s favorite vehicle of choice because of all the upgrades).  More paint and interior customizations is certainly doable and don’t add to vehicle resale value.

hei3enberg
2 hours ago, Shadowfennekin said:

I doubt that R* will actually make it such a big cash sink. The biggest black hole we've seen were the research projects for the Bunker, but it was possible to get a bunker for 1 million with change. So mansions should not be priced really outrageous as well if they ever come. I think up to 10 million with all the bells and whistles.

Shadowfennekin
1 hour ago, Lupo-Akane said:

I'd love a small interior up north I can enter for free snacks

The Facility is a bitch to go through just for a refill so I don't bother

More things should give us free snacks..... still think it's dumb the Facility didn't give free armor top ups

9 minutes ago, hei3enberg said:

I doubt that R* will actually make it such a big cash sink. The biggest black hole we've seen were the research projects for the Bunker, but it was possible to get a bunker for 1 million with change. So mansions should not be priced really outrageous as well if they ever come. I think up to 10 million with all the bells and whistles.

I see mansions the same way as yachts, only with actual usage via garage space.

IceDree
3 hours ago, hei3enberg said:

That's actually a good perspective, considering that Rockstar will cheap out again. AFAIK they're using P2P for RDR2 so... Word of advice for future gamers: do not buy AAA multiplayer-centered titles with P2P multiplayer.

I hope they learned their lesson, but I'm not holding my breath.

Greed beats logic everytime.

2 hours ago, Lonely-Martin said:

And I'll have that truck behind that X6, thank you. ;)

I figured someone will notice it ;) .

We could use more trucks. Without the silly Goliath armor this time though.

2 hours ago, Tuntchio said:

Yes for the x6m

👍

Lonely-Martin
49 minutes ago, hei3enberg said:

Yeah, I do agree with much you added here and in your last post too. I'm always cautious crap like research and the high buy-ins for some things. It's a shame we can't now think big without that niggle of 'oh, how much this time' Does add mixed feelings.

12 minutes ago, IceDree said:

I figured someone will notice it ;) .

We could use more trucks. Without the silly Goliath armor this time though.

TBH, it's how I run the Nightclub. No armour all over it, no ramming power. Just an easy plod with some Rebel Radio.

(Proxies in case though, it is LS after all).

kenmy13999
15 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Yeah, I do agree with much you added here and in your last post too. I'm always cautious crap like research and the high buy-ins for some things. It's a shame we can't now think big without that niggle of 'oh, how much this time' Does add mixed feelings.

Research was just so idiotic and unnecessary to add but luckily they didn't add more so far.. Still not 100% convinced if it was only to try and get more fish card sales or if it also was to try and meet peoples request to have something unlocked after x amount of time played 

I solved it by making a couple of dupes to cover the expense of fast tracking, my silent way protesting

;)

Lonely-Martin
11 minutes ago, kenmy13999 said:

Research was just so idiotic and unnecessary to add but luckily they didn't add more so far.. Still not 100% convinced if it was only to try and get more fish card sales or if it also was to try and meet peoples request to have something unlocked after x amount of time played 

Reveal hidden contents

I solved it by making a couple of dupes to cover the expense of fast tracking, my silent way protesting

;)

Oh I think the backlash would have been far worse had it ot been for 'alternative ways' I was just lucky and lost enough patience to let the thing rot as I played my PS3, lol. 

Frustrated my natural game too much.

StangOne50
6 hours ago, Shadowfennekin said:

Not everyone has two characters though.

And there's really no point in having a second character, you don't have access to the same vehicles. I like having everything in one place

I wont mention all of them but there are tons of reasons to have a second character. Theres many benefits, love having 2 characters. 

Pedinhuh

If we have been getting QoL patches with each update, then:

-Why aren't the jet cannons nerfed yet? It's been the way it is since 2013!!

-Why aren't all car classes overhauled, or why the hell haven't they nerfed the f*cking Ocelot Pariah yet?

-Why players can still shoot through walls with thermal goggles?

-Why haven't the Orbital cannon glitch patched yet? 

-Why are MC sales vehicles still able to be locked on by any meme mobile with missiles?

-Why are both broomsticks still able to be called from the MC menu?

-Why the Special Personal Vehicles have such sh*tty usage limitations but a goddamn broomstick or Deluxo don't have any?

And there so many more issue I could bring up here, that we have been actively complaining about for years, yet R* won't listen to it.