WildBrick142

Next DLC Speculation Thread Mk VII

N𝓮𝔁𝓽 oopdate??¿?  

498 members have voted

1. 2. Arena War: Reactions?

• Heck yeah!
    • Eh / I'll wait til it comes out
    • I got hyped for this?????
  2. 3. What do you think the most popular reaction will be? Don't just go for the answer you want c:

• Heck yeah!
    • Eh / I'll wait til it comes out
    • I got hyped for this?????

White Shark
6 hours ago, FuturePastNow said:

I won't call this speculation because I think it has zero chance of happening, but imagine a heist where we have to break into a secure hangar at Zancudo to steal a UFO.

Imagine if our client for this is actually the aliens, who want their spaceship back. They could be using Cliffford as an intermediary to hire us.

There was a similar mission like this in Body Harvest, Rockstar's 3D open world beginnings. I loved that game!

Hell, a Body Harvest DLC would be freaking amazing.

CrysisAverted
2 hours ago, White Shark said:

There was a similar mission like this in Body Harvest, Rockstar's 3D open world beginnings. I loved that game!

ayy lmao expansion when

Spoiler

man I miss this game

destroy-all-humans-listing-thumb-ps4-us-

Kiwi_91

does anyone else think that the unrealistic additions to the game, such as orbital cannon, hover bikes, plasma guns etc... (basically everything being added to a gta game that shouldn't be in a gta game) is the result of Leslie Benzies leaving? he was the charm behind every great gta characteristic and i'm thinking this is the start of the franchise's downfall if it continues into gta 6, future dlc and other future games. i mean, every good thing has to come to an end. right? maybe its gtas time.

Piro
15 hours ago, Arnold Stallone said:

Maybe if we can get some of that good weed that Michael had in the story we could start seeing aliens and all sorts of that other stuff.

Must have been some strong weed if it made him see this.

that wasn't after weed but after hallucinogenic drugs in his drink.

On 1/10/2019 at 10:51 AM, AUScowboy said:

I would rather be able to telepathically summon aliens to abduct, probe, then butt wipe/mind wipe before spawning them in a random, way out of the way location that will require 5 minutes of walking to get to an area the mechanic will deliver to.

I remember pitching the original idea! Alien mugger 2.0 to deal with tryhards. I'm glad that its catching on. 

That should be the reward for that alien egg. Not some stupid tattoo...

Pedinhuh
20 minutes ago, Kiwi_91 said:

does anyone else think that the unrealistic additions to the game, such as orbital cannon, hover bikes, plasma guns etc... (basically everything being added to a gta game that shouldn't be in a gta game) is the result of Leslie Benzies leaving? he was the charm behind every great gta characteristic and i'm thinking this is the start of the franchise's downfall if it continues into gta 6, future dlc and other future games. i mean, every good thing has to come to an end. right? maybe its gtas time.

I think the entire shift to Freemode PvP and Shark Card spending are the result of Leslie departure, he stayed in the company until somewhere in 2014 before going on a sabbatical leave...back in 2014 we were only receiving cars, guns and clothing updates with the game focusing on PvE and jobs took you out of Freemode.

Heists were the oddball in 2015 because promised the game would have heists so they had to deliver it, notice that right on the same year they shifted their focus to Freemode PvP with the Freemode Events update. 

And the franchise is nowhere near its downfall, as far as the shareholders are concerned, this game is still selling millions on MTX transactions per month.

But yeah, the identity that made GTA into GTA is gone.

Edited by Pedinhuh

REXX
2 hours ago, White Shark said:

Inb4 they actually add a nod from San Andreas from the mission "Body Harvester"... Harvester vehicle confirmed :lol:

White Shark
40 minutes ago, CrysisAverted said:

ayy lmao expansion when

Hide contents

man I miss this game

destroy-all-humans-listing-thumb-ps4-us-

Destroy All Humans was epic!!! Very refreshing game.

Silent_x

R* make sure u release schlagen gt or tulip

Next week 

If they skip again nvm i got a new game to play ace combat 7 coming friday😂

Edited by Silent_x

KingpinRCR
32 minutes ago, Piro said:

that wasn't after weed but after hallucinogenic drugs in his drink.

In the mission “grass roots” michael smoked some weed and fought of aliens using a minigun.

White Shark
27 minutes ago, REXX said:

Inb4 they actually add a nod from San Andreas from the mission "Body Harvester"... Harvester vehicle confirmed :lol:

I just want giant bugs wrecking the city and eating the inhabitants lol.

Arnold Stallone
1 hour ago, KingpinRCR said:

In the mission “grass roots” michael smoked some weed and fought of aliens using a minigun.

I guess no matter what kind of drugs Michael takes he ends up hallucinating about aliens.

I only picked that screenshot because it looked funny. :D

Edited by Arnold Stallone

Piro
1 hour ago, KingpinRCR said:

Yeah but the picture he showed is from a different mission tho

8 minutes ago, Arnold Stallone said:

I guess no matter what kind of drugs Michael takes he ends up hallucinating about aliens.

I think its heavily implied that Michael and Trevor see stuff cause they have mental problems. Franklin sees nothing since he's the most normal in that group (+ he smokes a lot so probably he build up his tolerance) 

But going back to topic - yeah Men In Black update could be nice. Funny thing is the new movie even has flying bikes like oppressor:

Spoiler

Fun 2
1 hour ago, Silent_x said:

R* make sure u release schlagen gt or tulip

Next week 

If they skip again nvm i got a new game to play ace combat 7 coming friday😂

The Deviant is coming out first.

I believe the second one is Tulip and last one is Schlagen GT

Kiwi_91
11 hours ago, Fun 2 said:

I'm not entirely sure but I don't think R* is working on the next update as of now.

It will take a while and Red Dead Online is the focus.

No-Fun 2

you've ruined my day.

i always thought gta would always be the main focus when it comes to online, its more popular, will probably make more money, its appeals to more people, more dlc potential etc... 

thepiebaker
3 minutes ago, Kiwi_91 said:

No-Fun 2

you've ruined my day.

i always thought gta would always be the main focus when it comes to online, its more popular, will probably make more money, its appeals to more people, more dlc potential etc... 

I see it as they're just brainstorming the next update

Pedinhuh

Next update will probably be more filler like SSASS, a small scope update with enough dripfeed content to take us up to June or July with any other update. 

Piro
11 hours ago, Fun 2 said:

They stopped updating qabeta on steam, I also checked something else that confirmed it to me.

What I meant is that R* haven't started developing the next update, that's more likely due to Red Dead Online.

This one could take from 3 to 5 months, depending on whether it's a small update or a big one.

It's more likely to be a small one.

Well maybe they are on a very early stage of development (thats why theres nothing to check) or maybe they had something on the back burner for a very long time (for example something that was ready for sp dlc) so they don't have to worry about it right now? We know we won't get another update any time soon so why rush it when they have RDRO to worry about. Thats how I see it.

Edited by Piro

Fun 2
12 minutes ago, Piro said:

Well maybe they are on a very early stage of development (thats why theres nothing to check) or maybe they had something on the back burner for a very long time (for example something that was ready for sp dlc) so they don't have to worry about it right now? We know we won't get another update any time soon so why rush it when they have RDRO to worry about. Thats how I see it.

That's what I meant.

The next one is on a very early stage of development.

Give it 2 to 4 months for release.

wixud

Who knows will be R* release new DLC's over over over again on future? Because i have almost full of garages with cars(im only bought DLC vehicles and some story mode cars) and there left few space but i dont think that it will be enough for the future updates....

Edited by wixud

Devdevi45

I just started playing back gtao since Christmas...where’s the exclusive sweaters at for us logging in everyday.

Gr8
7 hours ago, Kiwi_91 said:

I think it's more an effect of the online being so successful that they've felt the need to keep it around so long. Makes sense that a 4 year old port of a ps3 game trying to stay relevant would introduce a bunch of outlandish sh*t at some point to keep the people paying for shark cards invested in buying more.

Playing through RDR2 shows me they're still capable of making a grounded experience with that game probably being their most grounded to date

Edited by Gr8

Horrid_Saiyam

I think even in upcoming gta 6 single player will stay grounded just like previous single player games by them

but with online I’m not sure what to say 

Fun 2

If Rockstar have Arena War Part 2 in mind, they can make two versions of the drone.

One will act like a small plane and move faster, the other one will act like a helicopter.

I know someone will reply to me saying don't give them ideas but I'm just speculating.

2 minutes ago, Horrid_Saiyam said:

I think even in upcoming gta 6 single player will stay grounded just like previous single player games by them

but with online I’m not sure what to say 

Don't take my word, but the focus is a different title.

I don't think GTA6 is the "upcoming one" but that's just me.

REXX
1 minute ago, Fun 2 said:

If Rockstar have Arena War Part 2 in mind, they can make two versions of the drone.

One will act like a small plane and move faster, the other one will act like a helicopter.

I know someone will reply to me saying don't give them ideas but I'm just speculating.

Don't give them ideas, but I'm just speculating.

😋

A part 2 would do nicely. Would be nice for those that want stock varients of AW vehicles, just as the ZR380 or @Mach1bud's Slamvan. As for me... gimme an MKII Shotaro!!!

StangOne50
35 minutes ago, Devdevi45 said:

I just started playing back gtao since Christmas...where’s the exclusive sweaters at for us logging in everyday.

Check the store in festive tops.

IceDree
7 hours ago, Kiwi_91 said:

Dude was out for 4 years now, whatever "consequences" from his departure are already in the past. Plans change all the time & they gotta adapt to survive. Plus, there's no guarantee he would've done things differently had he stayed, I mean he'll still have to answer to the same people the Housers & Erwin what's his face answer to.

People who say Benz would've done things differently reminds me of the Apple purests who's answer to anything "new & different" from Apple is "Steve would've never allowed this".

If bullsh*t reskined weapons are what's needed to make the targeted demographics spend real money & fund future DLCs, so be it.

Gotta take the good (Turismo C, Cheetah C, the new muscle cars & all the cool cars we've been getting for the past 4 years) with the bad (Opp. MkII, Lazer Weapons ...etc).

"Now we gotta make the best of it, improvise, adapt to the environment, Darwin, sh*t happens, I Ching, whatever man, we gotta roll with it."

Piro
4 hours ago, Fun 2 said:

That's what I meant.

The next one is on a very early stage of development.

Give it 2 to 4 months for release.

Well its not like anyone expected anything sooner then march right?

44 minutes ago, Fun 2 said:

There are other drones inside Terrorbyte, I would be surprised if they use them for something in the future. Probably another truck but this time with all kind of drones.

They could also add RC Baron (from older gtas) or military drones. 

Horrid_Saiyam
54 minutes ago, Fun 2 said:

When I said upcoming I meant it in gta franchise 

we all know next game by R* is Bully 2

lowriderlife63

I just want my Deviant and i’m happy. 

Devdevi45

If I were R* id just release Liberty city as a full $40 map expansion and just put focus on upcoming games.