1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

TheSadisticOwl

Dan Houser thankful for not releasing GTA VI in the current political climate.

Fluffy Sock

Inb4 they release Bully 2. A non controversial whatsoever game.

Jabalous
12 minutes ago, Fluffy Sock said:

Inb4 they release Bully 2. A non controversial whatsoever game.

Politically? Maybe, but socially? I will leave you with the link below.

http://bully.wikia.com/wiki/Controversy_surrounding_Bully

Sometimes it feels like someone(s) out there is looking for ways to undermine what R* is publishing, creating controversy out of nowhere. 

Fluffy Sock
2 hours ago, Jabalous said:

Sometimes it feels like someone(s) out there is looking for ways to undermine what R* is publishing, creating controversy out of nowhere. 

It was sarcasm. Off course Bully was controversial. And the antibullying campaigns are a stronger thing now.

If Houser fears controversy regarding GTA VI, he better be prepared in case Buly 2 is indeed their next title. 

Nah, I don't buy his words anyway. They'll do what they do well, no matter the rest. He only fears checks not coming home.

Edited by Fluffy Sock

JuliusCaesar
5 hours ago, Jabalous said:

Oh, there are. Anyone who carries The Message is under constant attack. Just like James Gunn for example (same secret in the Guardians of the Galaxy movies as the GTA V chiliad mystery).

The more you are either defending or attacking someone, the less you notice what they are actually saying. That is why they do it. It's the cold war. It's the entire basis of the GTA V story, the fact that the cold war never ended, and trickled down from a feud between countries, to a division between neighbors, brothers, spouses, parent and child. Remember, the pills don't do anything. They are illusions. This is why the illusion is perpetrated: To make sure you never come together and observe together and blend together. Division is the strategy, as it provides instant distraction.

This is the same reason those people kept posting religious stuff around the release of GTA V: To turn you off to the messages in the game, which are all deeply religious, many things are, people just don't associate it, so the live and die completely unaware that Star Lord is a Junker/Salvage boy aka Lord of Salvation. All the MCU characters are like that. There's a lot to say, plenty of things that easily prove it, but people are constantly working against it, even here.

Edited by JuliusCaesar

Jabalous

I cannot imagine that they've not been working on GTA 6 for a quite some time now. Houser was probably bluffing and trying to lower expectations of what the next title in the crime series will be about. Keep'em guessin', keep'em speculatin'.  

Aquamaniac

Do you think the increasing number of car attacks, recently in Germany and Japan will be a problem for a future GTA, it's a rather new phenomenon. Might high wanted levels for running over pedestrians weaken the controversy since you could argue that the game punishes you for doing so? I could imagine a future GTA to have a difficult stand in France or Germany e.g.

Ondr4H

Dan Houser is only afraid of losing that green paper.

So in the finale GTA 6 will be PC game, that doesnt offend anybody.

And with battle royale!

Zello
8 hours ago, Aquamaniac said:

Do you think the increasing number of car attacks, recently in Germany and Japan will be a problem for a future GTA, it's a rather new phenomenon. Might high wanted levels for running over pedestrians weaken the controversy since you could argue that the game punishes you for doing so? I could imagine a future GTA to have a difficult stand in France or Germany e.g.

Have you been reading Animalfather's posts? 

JoeFury1997

It's obvious GTA 6 is in development and probably has been since 2013, stuff like radio parodies and political sh*t probably gets saved till last during development so that it's relevant when the game releases. Take two will still want the game to be released regardless of political stuff because they care more about making money than delaying a game due to the in game radio not being funny enough.

I still think the setting will be modern day just to appeal to everyone. You can always add in old cars/music etc whilst still adding modern stuff just to please different players. Yeah sure having a gta in the 80s again would be cool but realistically I don't see it happening.

Arnold Stallone
Posted (edited)
On 1/4/2019 at 6:54 AM, Aquamaniac said:

Honestly, I don't think it will have any impact on the GTA series in these countries or any other countries at all.

Edited by Arnold Stallone

Grotti Vigilante
On 1/4/2019 at 11:54 AM, Aquamaniac said:

Quite honestly I think that if GTA hasn't been hurt by mass shootings that occur in the United States several times per year, then I don't think the odd vehicular attack in Europe would really hurt the game. I mean I could always be wrong, but I'm just making judgement with what I know.

Aquamaniac
13 hours ago, Grotti Vigilante said:

Quite honestly I think that if GTA hasn't been hurt by mass shootings that occur in the United States several times per year, then I don't think the odd vehicular attack in Europe would really hurt the game. I mean I could always be wrong, but I'm just making judgement with what I know.

That's different, gun violence was always part of movies and games, most people in the world have no access to guns, but people all over the world have access to cars. There were also vehicle attacks in Canada and the US. Do you get my point why I consider "car-violence" potentially more controversial than gun crime, it's the availability of cars and the novelty of the phenomenon, the truck attack in France 2016 left more people dead than the Las Vegas Shooting.

On 1/4/2019 at 8:59 PM, Zello said:

Have you been reading Animalfather's posts? 

No, where can I find them?

Grotti Vigilante
5 hours ago, Aquamaniac said:

That's different, gun violence was always part of movies and games, most people in the world have no access to guns, but people all over the world have access to cars. There were also vehicle attacks in Canada and the US. Do you get my point why I consider "car-violence" potentially more controversial than gun crime, it's the availability of cars and the novelty of the phenomenon, the truck attack in France 2016 left more people dead than the Las Vegas Shooting.

I can see the point you’re trying to make, but I still don’t see how the availablity of cars makes it any more prone to controversy. I mean GTA is always set in the US, where gun availability is much greater than most other places in the world, and thousands of people every year are murdered with them. The Las Vegas massscre may not have caused more deaths than the truck attack in France, but that I’d not a common phenomen that has often been blamed on GTA, whereas gun violence happens often in the US and has even had discredited lawyers look at GTA and call it a murder simulator, blaming it a few times directly. Put it this way, given that GTA has been blamed for all that stuff and still sells, I don’t think the odd truck attack is going to phase it.

Wolff

Very strange, disappointing he seems to imply that satire of current events are one of the core elements of the entire game. I'd rather just have a good crime story than a comedy game, the satire should be kept subtle, like in the older games (mostly limited to radio/commercials) if you ask me.

WFD1992

Mock nazis (including the Alt Right). They may get angry....but who the f*ck cares, they're nazis. 

Grotti Vigilante
14 minutes ago, WFD1992 said:

Mock nazis (including the Alt Right). They may get angry....but who the f*ck cares, they're nazis. 

The last Scotsman who mocked Nazis ended up getting in trouble and almost went to jail. But staying on topic, Rockstar North would mock whoever they wanted, and you can probably imagine a mockery of Neo-Nazis in the next GTA. I'd quite like to see a commercial for a candidate worse than Jock Cranley who straight up says "I will bring about policies that disadvantage minority groups and favour white supremacy while still insisting to my opponents that I am not racist". But that itself goes back to the point Dan Houser made in that some groups in the US are genuinely like that, so the satire kind of wears off. Long as they mock the left and right, I don't care. They can mock me personally, and I'd still love it.

Aquamaniac
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Grotti Vigilante said:

I can see the point you’re trying to make, but I still don’t see how the availablity of cars makes it any more prone to controversy. I mean GTA is always set in the US, where gun availability is much greater than most other places in the world, and thousands of people every year are murdered with them. The Las Vegas massscre may not have caused more deaths than the truck attack in France, but that I’d not a common phenomen that has often been blamed on GTA, whereas gun violence happens often in the US and has even had discredited lawyers look at GTA and call it a murder simulator, blaming it a few times directly. Put it this way, given that GTA has been blamed for all that stuff and still sells, I don’t think the odd truck attack is going to phase it.

I guess we'll see whenever a future GTA is released. I think you didn't really understand my point, but it might be flawed anyways.

11 hours ago, WFD1992 said:

Nazis as you call them are not as whiny as SJWs or liberals, nazis would still play GTA even if it would mock them, nazis also play Wolfenstein.

Edited by Aquamaniac

WFD1992
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Aquamaniac said:

I guess we'll see whenever a future GTA is released. I think you didn't really understand my point, but it might be flawed anyways.

Nazis as you call them are not as whiny as SJWs or liberals, nazis would still play GTA even if it would mock them, nazis also play Wolfenstein.

Well, even more reason for the next GTA to focus on mocking them, since there would be no risk (though, from my personal experience Nazis are the most whiny, they just hide it behind a veneer of "why can't you take a joke"). Also, I myself am a Leftist (NOT a Liberal) and a SJW.

Edited by WFD1992